Is the Crafty frenchman back?!

Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 12:50pm
Although it was a mud race I was very impressed in watching CP377 passing people. It is a feat he has not done all year. Critics have been all over him. "He should do better, because he has hole shotted 9 motos blah blah".

Was refreshing to see CP racing rather than building. I truly hope he gets a good ride for next year. I believe he is back and will only get better.
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/17/2014 6:16pm
Pourcel has been having a really good outdoor series despite the debate on some of the podcasts we hear. Especially strong lately.

I hope there is a good chair for him when the music stops.

8/17/2014 6:42pm
He still has the same high ceiling which is virtually higher than anybody else's and he's shown throughout the year that he has put in the effort to improve. He will do nothing but get better with a full off season of testing and training. To me it would be insane for a factory team not to sign him.
8/17/2014 7:49pm
He is arguably the best mud rider in the world.
I don't know about that. Last mud was I seen him ride was his 450 Campaign in the GP's 2012. He went 1-4. The fourth was after hole shotting and dropping back. I guess he isn't bad in the mud. But best in the world.... I dunno.

The Shop

TDeath21
8/17/2014 7:51pm
I really want to see him ride a 450 indoors. It's sad that we haven't gotten to see that yet. It's a shame Kawasaki chose Weimer over him in 2011. I thought it was a bad decision then and I still believe that.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
8/17/2014 8:01pm
The Championship is over. Baggett, Webb and Musquin would have to DNF the final race for him to get second. The way I see it, there are only faster riders coming up. If he wants to get back on his game from a few years back, he better stack his deck. 2014 was a shift in how the 250 Class approaches the races. In SX and in MX. I credit him highly for holding his own in that class, he hasn't the time the rest of the class has to make improvements. And betting on Mud races is a 1:12 shot. Not really enough to make points ahead of everyone else.

The race was good, He turned a bad day into a good day with his 9-2 finish.
8/17/2014 8:05pm
I don't know about that. Last mud was I seen him ride was his 450 Campaign in the GP's 2012. He went 1-4. The fourth was...
I don't know about that. Last mud was I seen him ride was his 450 Campaign in the GP's 2012. He went 1-4. The fourth was after hole shotting and dropping back. I guess he isn't bad in the mud. But best in the world.... I dunno.
He won the first race by 2 minutes.

The second one he lead for most of it, Desalle caught him and Pourcel stayed with him and made a mistake on the last lap allowing two guys to pass him.
8/17/2014 10:15pm
I don't know about that. Last mud was I seen him ride was his 450 Campaign in the GP's 2012. He went 1-4. The fourth was...
Dart Board wrote:
He won the first race by 2 minutes. The second one he lead for most of it, Desalle caught him and Pourcel stayed with him and...
He won the first race by 2 minutes.

The second one he lead for most of it, Desalle caught him and Pourcel stayed with him and made a mistake on the last lap allowing two guys to pass him.
I am not saying he is bad. Hell I am one of his biggest fan. I just don't think a 1-4 in the mud 2012 and a 9-2 2014 makes him the best mud rider in the world...
tek14
8/17/2014 10:26pm
He did build first half of season both stamina and bike setup. He didnt take any risk while everything was not in place and didnt burn him self by pushing last minutes of days. Now he is fit and rides fastest laps over anyone on last 2 laps of day. I see nothing but great results in 2015 for him.. Yamaha should offer him 400cc like Van Horebeek is running at GPs.
Olson
8/17/2014 11:49pm
tek14 wrote:
He did build first half of season both stamina and bike setup. He didnt take any risk while everything was not in place and didnt burn...
He did build first half of season both stamina and bike setup. He didnt take any risk while everything was not in place and didnt burn him self by pushing last minutes of days. Now he is fit and rides fastest laps over anyone on last 2 laps of day. I see nothing but great results in 2015 for him.. Yamaha should offer him 400cc like Van Horebeek is running at GPs.
If they do that they need to offer it to anyone else too, and I highly doubt that. Christophe have ridden more than well on a 450 in the past. Wont be a problem. If he keeps the same awesome approach he's had this outdoors season for SX and MX any team signing him will be happy they did.
bd
8/18/2014 1:17am
He's been off the bike for how long? CP377 still has talent and speed. He's adapted and has picked up the pace. This is certain, none of these riders want to see him in 250F SX.
8/18/2014 1:40am
i think he's done very well this year- gradually improving each week. It would be a terrible shame if he wasnt offered a factory ride for next year. He's one of the only un signed riders that is capable of being on the podium indoors and out in the 450 class. We need to see him out there- hopefully he will get RVs factory kawi ride if rv goes to gps
themrtoad
8/18/2014 2:34am
tek14 wrote:
He did build first half of season both stamina and bike setup. He didnt take any risk while everything was not in place and didnt burn...
Are you sure about the 400cc on Van Horebeeks bike? What the source on that one? I'm not saying it can't be a 400 just curious
Tumic
8/18/2014 2:57am
When cairoli rode for Yamaha i heard that he was on a small bore to, 380cc i think it was...
8/18/2014 3:43am
Tumic wrote:
When cairoli rode for Yamaha i heard that he was on a small bore to, 380cc i think it was...
the rumour was that cairoli had his yam sleeved down to 400 (or a bit less) not sure about van hoerbeek

to be fair i dont think anyone needs all the power of a 450- seems a bit of a waste when you're just riding them round at low revs everywhere. I bet cairoils factory 350 is an absolute monster! would love to spin a few laps on it
Tumic
8/18/2014 4:22am
I feel that it's only in the US that the hype of the 450 is so big, we have seen so many Times' in europe, guys going faster on a mx2 bike than the guys on 450, both over one lap and a whole moto.

When you se cairoli (one of the fastest riders in the world) and herlings (the two guys who are fastest in europe) on 250 and 350, it's hard to say that you need the power of a 450 to win or be fastest.

And before someone starts to mention the softer soil in US that needs more power, the tracks in belgium and Netherlands are quite deep but herlings have had both fastest laps and moto finnishes in GP's there.

I also feel that the smaller bikes provides better racing than the big bikes.
8/18/2014 5:12am
One other thing I'd like to say about him: he's the classy frenchman. I thought it was very gracious of him to say nice things about Martin and he was the same way with Canard. I think that's great.

It's been a very good season for him and he's on the map again. The only problem he has now is his past. Pulling off and quitting a season puts a very bad taste in people's mouths not to mention all the rest. He's a gamble but it's looking more and more worth it.

If Kawi needed someone because RV is out, I'd gamble for a year. Why not?
Steve125
Fantasy
2787th
8/18/2014 6:12am
He's fun to watch. He is wicked smooth. He just plants himself in the center of the bike and motors on.
He does look behind him way too much though.
chrisbuehler
8/18/2014 9:18am
Tumic wrote:
I feel that it's only in the US that the hype of the 450 is so big, we have seen so many Times' in europe, guys...
I feel that it's only in the US that the hype of the 450 is so big, we have seen so many Times' in europe, guys going faster on a mx2 bike than the guys on 450, both over one lap and a whole moto.

When you se cairoli (one of the fastest riders in the world) and herlings (the two guys who are fastest in europe) on 250 and 350, it's hard to say that you need the power of a 450 to win or be fastest.

And before someone starts to mention the softer soil in US that needs more power, the tracks in belgium and Netherlands are quite deep but herlings have had both fastest laps and moto finnishes in GP's there.

Tomac spun the fastest laps on his 250f a bunch of times last yr
davistld01
8/18/2014 11:18am
i think he's done very well this year- gradually improving each week. It would be a terrible shame if he wasnt offered a factory ride for...
i think he's done very well this year- gradually improving each week. It would be a terrible shame if he wasnt offered a factory ride for next year. He's one of the only un signed riders that is capable of being on the podium indoors and out in the 450 class. We need to see him out there- hopefully he will get RVs factory kawi ride if rv goes to gps
I believe Millsaps has that ride, but Weimer's old bike is probably still available. Heck, Kawasaki would do well to make up for the mistake they made before by choosing Weimer over Pourcel.
themrtoad
8/18/2014 12:50pm
Tumic wrote:
I feel that it's only in the US that the hype of the 450 is so big, we have seen so many Times' in europe, guys...

Totally agree with you

Post a reply to: Is the Crafty frenchman back?!

The Latest