Is it time for a chase in mxgp?

early
Fantasy
2212th
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 10:17am
With Ferrandis and RV out, AC suffering from a bad weekend and Herlings running away with the mx2 championship its just a matter of time before we all lose interest.

Why not have the first 10 rounds a qualifier for the chase. That way everyone can race on Sunday how they race on Saturday for the first 20 motos, slow and steady. There will be far less injuries and the riders wont be so tired for the end of the season.

It wouldnt be the first time Luongo made bold changes to spike interest such as the great idea of the superfinal. Maybe the next great idea is a chase?

(This is a tongue in cheek thread designed to highlight jumping to conclusions and bad ideas)
|
RY4N37
5/12/2015 7:41am
I'm glad you put the last part about this being tongue in cheek because this is a terrible idea
PastranaWho
5/12/2015 7:43am
Like ferrandis out now its going to make a big difference in mx2WhistlingWoohooLaughing
mxrudi
5/12/2015 8:06am
Well, Herlings this year didn't get the last 2 overalls on hardpack soil. His competitors are a lot closer this year.

The Shop

5/12/2015 8:31am
make it more like sx...
then make it more like ax....
then make it more like nascar...
Robgvx
5/12/2015 8:49am
No need now. All the GP riders ride slow and steady now RV isn't there.

Apparently.
RY4N37
5/12/2015 8:52am
Robgvx wrote:
No need now. All the GP riders ride slow and steady now RV isn't there.

Apparently.
That's true. There should be no more injuries between now and when RV returns
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/12/2015 8:54am
early wrote:
With Ferrandis and RV out, AC suffering from a bad weekend and Herlings running away with the mx2 championship its just a matter of time before...
With Ferrandis and RV out, AC suffering from a bad weekend and Herlings running away with the mx2 championship its just a matter of time before we all lose interest.

Why not have the first 10 rounds a qualifier for the chase. That way everyone can race on Sunday how they race on Saturday for the first 20 motos, slow and steady. There will be far less injuries and the riders wont be so tired for the end of the season.

It wouldnt be the first time Luongo made bold changes to spike interest such as the great idea of the superfinal. Maybe the next great idea is a chase?

(This is a tongue in cheek thread designed to highlight jumping to conclusions and bad ideas)
I lost interest after watching the first two GPs and seeing what passes as" World Championship" tracks. Was not impressed at all and haven't watched any after the first two. Blush
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
5/12/2015 9:04am
So you want to take away the opportunity for a rider that as been consistent all year during the series for a few top riders to win another championship? Why not just crown the champ after round 2 so we don't have to worry about injuries?
DownSouth
5/12/2015 9:06am
mxrudi wrote:
Well, Herlings this year didn't get the last 2 overalls on hardpack soil. His competitors are a lot closer this year.
Herlings has a 56 point lead after 6 rounds and that includes a DNF in the first moto in Argentina. No one is close to him unless he crashes during a race.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/12/2015 9:09am
I think there is some excitement yet to come in mxgp, mx2 not so much.
PalerBlue
5/12/2015 9:23am
early wrote:
I think there is some excitement yet to come in mxgp, mx2 not so much.
This past weekend's MX2 racing was bloody good. Did you not see it?
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/12/2015 9:32am
PalerBlue wrote:
This past weekend's MX2 racing was bloody good. Did you not see it?
Actually i did not. I was stuck with mothers day responsibilities all weekend. Ill have to catch up on it. At any rate the outcome of the series is pretty apparent.
robkinuk
5/12/2015 9:36am
early wrote:
With Ferrandis and RV out, AC suffering from a bad weekend and Herlings running away with the mx2 championship its just a matter of time before...

lostboy819 wrote:
I lost interest after watching the first two GPs and seeing what passes as" World Championship" tracks. Was not impressed at all and haven't watched any...
I lost interest after watching the first two GPs and seeing what passes as" World Championship" tracks. Was not impressed at all and haven't watched any after the first two. Blush
Your loss, ypu have missed some fantastic tracks and great racing. Go check out the highlights of Argentina, Trentino Valkensward and Spain on MXP Youtube channel. You won't be disappointed.
5/12/2015 9:45am
A "chase" is NASCAR bullshit... It's cinema, not racing. There are many other ways to tweak real racing without doing something so stupid as a "chase.."

early
Fantasy
2212th
5/12/2015 10:17am
A "chase" is NASCAR bullshit... It's cinema, not racing. There are many other ways to tweak real racing without doing something so stupid as a "chase.."

Agreed

Post a reply to: Is it time for a chase in mxgp?

The Latest