Is it just me or...is Bobryshev in the US testing for Honda...Dylan Wright, too (Honda, Canada)

TeamGreen
3/23/2017 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2017 8:25am
I was rolling around Milestone and getting in people's way...but...

I saw a Factory Honda or two ridden by the 777 and the 14 (US) & there was a kid form Canada who's number is ALSO "14" that was shredding on a BOX STOCK "RX"...all...HAULING ASS...

Honda ain't messin' around.
|
mccread
3/23/2017 6:14pm
I think Febvre is in the U.S. with Hughes so maybe Bobby is in the US too with Mexico being in a week's time.
3/23/2017 6:23pm
Hell ya, hopefully they like it hear and can ride in outdoors next year.
RandyS
3/23/2017 6:51pm
Hell ya, hopefully they like it hear and can ride in outdoors next year.
The 777 has been here a time or two.
motosurf
3/23/2017 7:00pm
The 777 absolutely hauls ass seen him out here a couple times over the years

The Shop

3/23/2017 7:15pm
Dylan Wright from Canada passed Bobby Whistling
3/23/2017 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2017 7:27pm
777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth out of this man over the past few years. Would love to have him racing here in the States
TeamGreen
3/23/2017 8:27pm
tesstickle wrote:
Dylan Wright from Canada passed Bobby Whistling
What was Wright riding?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/23/2017 8:50pm
Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year and is Colton Facciotti's teammate. Having Colt will be a great benefit to him. I think he'll take the next step in his riding this year and will be a regular on the podium but I don't think he'll be able to beat Thompson on a regular basis to get the title.

As for what he's riding I have no idea. I know he's signed up to contend in the 250 class but it doesn't mean he doesn't have access to a 450 while he's training.

He passed Bobryshev but did they start the session at the same time or was Bobryshev near the end of his session? Was Bobryshev just cruising around, testing stuff?

Dylan is a good rider but nowhere near Bobryshev's level.

SteezGeez
Fantasy
426th
3/23/2017 9:02pm
I also saw this at milestone today. Although I broke both my ankles on my second lap so I couldn't investigate further.
TeamGreen
3/23/2017 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2017 9:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year and is Colton Facciotti's...
Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year and is Colton Facciotti's teammate. Having Colt will be a great benefit to him. I think he'll take the next step in his riding this year and will be a regular on the podium but I don't think he'll be able to beat Thompson on a regular basis to get the title.

As for what he's riding I have no idea. I know he's signed up to contend in the 250 class but it doesn't mean he doesn't have access to a 450 while he's training.

He passed Bobryshev but did they start the session at the same time or was Bobryshev near the end of his session? Was Bobryshev just cruising around, testing stuff?

He was on a borrowed BOX STOCK CRF450RX. Kickstand...fat tank...18" rear wheel...SUPER SOFT SUSPENSION...etc.

He has his own '17 CRF450R that wasn't running right; so, he rode the borrowed RX.

AND SHREDDED.

I was there playing the part of fat-old-slow guy and was getting roosted to death by Boniface (who is still VERY FAST!).

SteezGeez: Sorry about your ankles. Hope you "heel" quickly! Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/23/2017 9:32pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dylan Wright has been training in California these past couple of years. He signed with the Gopher Dunes Honda team this year and is Colton Facciotti's...

TeamGreen wrote:
He was on a borrowed BOX STOCK CRF450RX. Kickstand...fat tank...18" rear wheel...SUPER SOFT SUSPENSION...etc. He has his own '17 CRF450R that wasn't running right; so, he...
He was on a borrowed BOX STOCK CRF450RX. Kickstand...fat tank...18" rear wheel...SUPER SOFT SUSPENSION...etc.

He has his own '17 CRF450R that wasn't running right; so, he rode the borrowed RX.

AND SHREDDED.

I was there playing the part of fat-old-slow guy and was getting roosted to death by Boniface (who is still VERY FAST!).

Seeing that Bobryshev was there I'm assuming some of the HRC team was there as well so why couldn't they try and figure out what was wrong with Dylan's bike? Riding that 450RX must of been pretty funny to see. Who's bike was it?

To be fair Boniface is Reed's age so he's not that old. Considering he raced pro at the elite level it's no wonder he still has good speed. What was he riding? For some reason I still picture him on a Kawasaki.
TeamGreen
3/23/2017 9:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
He was on a borrowed BOX STOCK CRF450RX. Kickstand...fat tank...18" rear wheel...SUPER SOFT SUSPENSION...etc. He has his own '17 CRF450R that wasn't running right; so, he...

AND SHREDDED.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Seeing that Bobryshev was there I'm assuming some of the HRC team was there as well so why couldn't they try and figure out what was...
Seeing that Bobryshev was there I'm assuming some of the HRC team was there as well so why couldn't they try and figure out what was wrong with Dylan's bike? Riding that 450RX must of been pretty funny to see. Who's bike was it?

To be fair Boniface is Reed's age so he's not that old. Considering he raced pro at the elite level it's no wonder he still has good speed. What was he riding? For some reason I still picture him on a Kawasaki.
The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a satisfactory answer; so, Allan Brown had an RX for magazine testing and he let Dylan put some laps on it.

Boni was on an MX101/Yamaha Canada test bike and he was ON FIRE. He looked as fast as he's EVER looked.

It was a good day at Milestone.
wsc96
Fantasy
553rd
3/23/2017 10:13pm
SteezGeez wrote:
I also saw this at milestone today. Although I broke both my ankles on my second lap so I couldn't investigate further.
Damn dude. Good luck with the recovery.
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
3/23/2017 11:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2017 11:20pm
How much name dropping can team green fit into one thread? J/k. Glad the hear that Dylan 'fucking' Wright was going good.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/23/2017 11:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a satisfactory...
The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a satisfactory answer; so, Allan Brown had an RX for magazine testing and he let Dylan put some laps on it.

Boni was on an MX101/Yamaha Canada test bike and he was ON FIRE. He looked as fast as he's EVER looked.

I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was the one testing the bike and not Jess Pettis or Shawn Maffenbeier? I know that both those guys are supposed to be in California to train. Not down there yet? Any sighting of either one of them?

David934
3/24/2017 12:57am
777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth out of this man...
777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth out of this man over the past few years. Would love to have him racing here in the States
I hope that Bobr training only. No reason series change.
DeStouwer
3/24/2017 2:02am
777 is the truth... Not sure what his current contract situation is, but I imagine HRC has surely received their money's worth out of this man...
David934 wrote:
I hope that Bobr training only. No reason series change.
He's not going to change. Just testing in the States instead of flying over to Europe again.
robkinuk
3/24/2017 3:39am
Bobby's staying with friends in California, so he doesn't have jet lag from flying from Argentina to Europe then back out again in a weeks time for Mexico MXGP.
Smart move..........Plus he's staying with the Trump'sWoohooTongueLaughing
Canadad
3/24/2017 6:09am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was...
I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was the one testing the bike and not Jess Pettis or Shawn Maffenbeier? I know that both those guys are supposed to be in California to train. Not down there yet? Any sighting of either one of them?

Maff is in Cali training on an MX101 250 and 450, has been there for at least a month
motosurf
3/24/2017 6:12am
TeamGreen wrote:
The HRC folks very generously came over and took a look. They didn't have the time to dig into it too long and get a satisfactory...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know that Allan Brown is the one that has been building the MX101 bikes but is there any specific reason as to why Boni was...

Jess is down here in so cal
TeamGreen
3/24/2017 6:24am
TeamGreen wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Probably just getting his feed-back. The dude was HAULING & looked smooth!
loftyair
3/24/2017 8:23am
Maff, Jess, and Hayden Halstead, all down there, and riding for mx101, Dylan's team last year.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/24/2017 8:55am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Canadad wrote:
Maff is in Cali training on an MX101 250 and 450, has been there for at least a month
How is he looking so far? Does he look better on the 450 than the 250? I know MX101 is a 250 team so hopefully he looks better on the smaller bike since he's signed up to make a run at the championship in the 250 class.

Shawn is a good rider but for some reason I don't see him winning a title. Seems like there's something missing from his program. He's rode for some good teams and on good equipmemt but just can't get it done.

Podium guy for sure but I don't think he'll be a threat for the title.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/24/2017 9:01am
TeamGreen wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

motosurf wrote:
How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that way? I thought I saw somewhere that he had plan on doing a few of them and was just wondering if that's still a go or not.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/24/2017 9:06am
Since we're on the subject of Canadian riders does anyone know if Jeremy Medaglia has called it quits or plans on lining up?

Last I heard he was contemplating calling it a career but then heard he might line up on his own equipment in the 450 class? I know he doesn't have a ride and it was obvious he wasn't going to land anywhere based on his results the last couple years. Anyone know for sure what he's doing this season?
moto314
3/24/2017 10:17am
Cole Seely, Blake Lilly, Van Horebeek, Bobryshev, and Prado Garcia were all out at Milestone yesterday. Talked to Van Horebeek and Bobryshev said they are just in So Cal for riding as they go to Mexico next and it's easier than flying back to Europe. Seely doing some outdoor testing on the 17 bike.

motosurf
3/24/2017 10:34am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

motosurf wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that...
How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that way? I thought I saw somewhere that he had plan on doing a few of them and was just wondering if that's still a go or not.
The couple times I was out at glen Helen with him he was ripping. I honestly have no clue if he still plans to race the next west coast rounds. I'm not a fanboy or an "insider" lol I'm just friends with his trainer who runs bulldog training
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/24/2017 10:54am
motosurf wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How is Jess looking? Do you know if he still plans on doing some of the West Coast SX rounds when the series heads back that...
motosurf wrote:
The couple times I was out at glen Helen with him he was ripping. I honestly have no clue if he still plans to race the...
The couple times I was out at glen Helen with him he was ripping. I honestly have no clue if he still plans to race the next west coast rounds. I'm not a fanboy or an "insider" lol I'm just friends with his trainer who runs bulldog training
That's cool. He seems to be improving each season. Do you think he'll be consistently hitting the box or just a few times? Better series finish than Maffenbeier?
3/24/2017 4:17pm
maff is a hard working dude, he had solid equipment last year( as i built his bikes all last year) . he needs a few small tweaks and he will start winning on a regular basis. We cant forget how fast some of these guys are up here.

dylan has the best shot hes ever had, solid team, bike and a program. If you have ever talked to Dylan on raceday youll see how hardcore the kid is, worst part, his dad is 10x more into it than he is! its awesome!

ill put my money on tyler medaglia for the mx2 title.
TeamGreen
3/24/2017 4:49pm
joshcox501 wrote:
maff is a hard working dude, he had solid equipment last year( as i built his bikes all last year) . he needs a few small...
maff is a hard working dude, he had solid equipment last year( as i built his bikes all last year) . he needs a few small tweaks and he will start winning on a regular basis. We cant forget how fast some of these guys are up here.

dylan has the best shot hes ever had, solid team, bike and a program. If you have ever talked to Dylan on raceday youll see how hardcore the kid is, worst part, his dad is 10x more into it than he is! its awesome!

ill put my money on tyler medaglia for the mx2 title.
Dylan, Muff or Cole.

Dylan's 19 and still finding speed.

Post a reply to: Is it just me or...is Bobryshev in the US testing for Honda...Dylan Wright, too (Honda, Canada)

The Latest