Is Stewart a liability?

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 9:34am
Every year, the guy makes a bonehead move that injures someone. When will the AMA step in and do something about it?

I won't even comment on the after-race bullshit.
|
`ol Ger
1/17/2010 7:09pm
That won't be a popular post, Chuck.. Smile

G
Ing
1/17/2010 7:10pm
I've literally been saying this for years to my Pa. I don't think we will ever see anything done. According to the powers that be, he seems to walk on water. The one year he ran into RC about 4 different occasions and nothing was done. For some reason they seem to be afraid of the reprecussions. Good point, surprised someone had the balls to say it.
WhKnuckle
1/17/2010 7:16pm
He's certainly made his share of boneheaded mistakes, but can anyone ever remember him intentionally knocking someone down? The closest I can remember was him taking out Langston in the first turn at a National in '03 (although I don't remember which race). When he clobbers someone, it's because he's trying to win the race, not out of malice. I don't know how you penalize a guy for trying to win races.
`ol Ger
1/17/2010 7:23pm
Langston comes to mind (03).

Apparently, his prevailing disregard for others on the track is what has irritated many of the other pros.

g

The Shop

jmar
1/17/2010 7:24pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
He's certainly made his share of boneheaded mistakes, but can anyone ever remember him intentionally knocking someone down? The closest I can remember was him taking...
He's certainly made his share of boneheaded mistakes, but can anyone ever remember him intentionally knocking someone down? The closest I can remember was him taking out Langston in the first turn at a National in '03 (although I don't remember which race). When he clobbers someone, it's because he's trying to win the race, not out of malice. I don't know how you penalize a guy for trying to win races.
It doesn't make a difference of he is "Just trying to win a race" or not. I don't like to talk in a negative manner about any of the riders but this bone head bullshit of moving over on some one in mid air needs to be addressed.

Like I said earlier, if you wants to put him self at risk that his business, but when he's putting others at risk it's unacceptable.
rc4187
1/17/2010 7:26pm
here's my opinion on the after race stuff... if it were anyone else, police would have been involved. if i were to enter the kawasaki pits being who i am and knocked over reeds bike... i'd be paying with my money and probably a night in jail.

as for the in race stuff... every year it's like this. but he's james stewart, so somehow it's ok. just picture if kyle had crossed lines on stewart and the same outcome.
oldx
1/17/2010 7:29pm
Yep, same old crap again this year.
Void Main
1/17/2010 7:36pm
Didn't he put MC over the berm in one race or was that someone else?
ratonmacias
1/17/2010 7:54pm
stewart is the goon of the champions he is the only champion that can claim to have knocked off MC, the goat, tedesco, langston and now reed i dont care if he meant to or not its not o.k.

imagine if Jlaw went to KAWTIPPING to the Kawi pits?
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
1/17/2010 7:59pm
The main thing he is a liability to is his own interests.
nobhead
1/17/2010 8:00pm
Ya know the Stooges move where you spread first and second fingers and poke someone in the eyes? I just did that to you in my head.
Crush
Yeah he pretty much whacked MC when he was "Part-Time"... Dumbass, MC isn't even there to win, just for the fans and he cleans his clock...
mattbmx63
It seems every time he is racing someone he moves over into their line. I know blocking is a big part of racing, but he always seems to cut them off, in the air or not. Its made supercross seem kind of childish in a way, and its doing nothing but helping certain people capitalize on this drama. Stewart seems to always implode at some point. Who cares how fast you are if you can't finish every supercross race without at least one major screw up.
jemcee
1/17/2010 8:07pm
Spinner wrote:
Every year, the guy makes a bonehead move that injures someone. When will the AMA step in and do something about it? I won't even comment...
Every year, the guy makes a bonehead move that injures someone. When will the AMA step in and do something about it?

I won't even comment on the after-race bullshit.
ooow no you di'ant R-acer just took his shirts off
wreckitrandy
1/17/2010 8:09pm
He did get a lesson from MC later that night. He may be in need of another one from the sound of it.
zippy895
1/17/2010 8:11pm
Is Stewart a liability? yes ,and only because he is the cream of the crop in our sport,but cannot give other riders...lesser riders respect during race pace.is he alone on this?no.
he races as if he owns the track first and formost.
damm it,if it wasnt for this weekends actions,i would of never posted.but stewarts name is only involved in win posts and crash posts.....even in 2010!
TerryB
1/17/2010 8:13pm
I wonder if James actually reviews the footage that the rest of the world sees?
zippy895
1/17/2010 8:13pm
I wonder where R-acer is?
he is trying to return the boxes of k y he ordered at the beginning of the season.now that it wont get used every weekend.lol
dirthead1
1/17/2010 8:15pm
TerryB wrote:
His entourage just keeps him blaming others
1/17/2010 8:16pm
zippy895 wrote:
he is trying to return the boxes of k y he ordered at the beginning of the season.now that it wont get used every weekend.lol
kleenex just went bankrupt. ha ha
zippy895
1/17/2010 8:16pm
TerryB wrote:
lol,my grandmother used to put her hand on the side of her face as a blinder every time she farted.in her world, nobody heard it.
1/17/2010 8:40pm
stewart is the goon of the champions he is the only champion that can claim to have knocked off MC, the goat, tedesco, langston and now...
stewart is the goon of the champions he is the only champion that can claim to have knocked off MC, the goat, tedesco, langston and now reed i dont care if he meant to or not its not o.k.

He tried like hell to take out Roncada at Hangtown.
Void Main
1/17/2010 8:48pm
stewart is the goon of the champions he is the only champion that can claim to have knocked off MC, the goat, tedesco, langston and now...

Heh heh, KAWTIPPING. I like it. Smile We used to do that when we were kids out road drinking.
jeffro503
1/17/2010 8:49pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
He's certainly made his share of boneheaded mistakes, but can anyone ever remember him intentionally knocking someone down? The closest I can remember was him taking...
jmar wrote:
It doesn't make a difference of he is "Just trying to win a race" or not. I don't like to talk in a negative manner about...
It doesn't make a difference of he is "Just trying to win a race" or not. I don't like to talk in a negative manner about any of the riders but this bone head bullshit of moving over on some one in mid air needs to be addressed.

Like I said earlier, if you wants to put him self at risk that his business, but when he's putting others at risk it's unacceptable.
A-fuggin-MEN Brotha!!
Ozy
1/17/2010 9:25pm
I jumped off the bubba bandwagon a few years ago when he cut the track in front of Preston who was landing a triple
motokid40
1/17/2010 10:13pm
I thought james might have had a concussion after the heat race and on sheer rider ability won the lcq and thus a danger in the main, he was'nt riding at full potential, I know he was badly hurt but he could have made another bad judgement and hurt more than just Reed and Partridge(in one night?)

Post a reply to: Is Stewart a liability?

The Latest