Is SX a family show?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
Seems like the Monster girls are causing quite a ruckus over their outfits in NASCAR. I don't recall the Monster girls ever being in the news for the oufits they wear at SX. I don't watch NASCAR but I would not be surprised if more kids watch SX than NASCAR. Only complaining I've seen about their outfits at the SX races has been on this board.

The picture shows them wearing pants. Don't they normally wear skirts at the SX races? Imagine if that's what they had been wearing. Personally I don't care what they wear. I'm there to watch the races anyway but still nice to have eye candy to look at during the intermission.

What do you say? Will Monster be cracking down on what they wear? Is SX next?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/monster-energy-girls-pictures-daytona-5…
|
huck
2/20/2017 6:23am
"NASCAR fans are outraged"... I'm sure some liberal woman that thinks she is saving these poor girls, is the one that is throwing a hissy fit.
hvaughn88
2/20/2017 6:26am
As old as NASCAR skews, this should be more of an issue with jealous wives, not overprotective mothers.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/20/2017 6:36am
Pretty pathetic if you ask me. What were the ladies wearing before Monster became title sponsor? Some type of one piece spandex/lycra suit? Probably less cleavage? Don't like it, don't look at them. It's that simple. Is it not?

Seriously what should they be wearing? Business attire lol

People will always have something to complain about. Always been that way and will always be that way. Can't please everyone.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
2/20/2017 6:43am
This looks like a good mole-hill to build the mountain out of.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/20/2017 6:44am
Besides isn't NASCAR trying to bring a younger generation of fans to their sport? Sex sells. Always have always will.

Pretty sure Monster knows what they are doing. That company has been growing year after year and they won't stop until they're the number 1 energy drink in the market. They're marketing geniuses. You see that green claw plastered everywhere.
hvaughn88
2/20/2017 6:44am
731chopper wrote:
This looks like a good mole-hill to build the mountain out of.
ding ding ding
Fourth_Floor
2/20/2017 6:46am
Kids are going to see a lot more than that at the pool or beach. They do look out of place at a Nascar event though hahaha. Flame away if you're a Nascar lover but a lot of people think of beer guts and rednecks when you hear Nascar so having these dolled up, black leather wearing girls looks a tad out of place. Maybe I'm just partial to motocross but the bad ass Monster girl theme fits motocross and supercross b/c those guys, in my opinion, are the rockstars of motorsports. I would, in a heart beat, get strapped in a Nascar and try driving it around one of their tracks....I would not, however, try triple, quading down a rhythm section of a rutted ass track.
early
Fantasy
2231st
2/20/2017 6:49am
Is pasting a dozen one sided tweets really news? Good job USA Today, I respect your devotion to the craft of journalism. (Eyes roll)
philG
2/20/2017 7:06am
more and more journalism is just Twitter aggregation ...
2/20/2017 8:50am
Consider the source. It's USA Today. I'm surprised they didn't find a way to weave a Trump hit into the article too.Blink
TXDirt
2/20/2017 9:40am
Aren't women empowered to dress how they want and work where they want? What is to be outraged over? These women are working in their desired field. And looks to me to be doing a fine job.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/20/2017 9:56am
Fake outrage.
mx836
2/20/2017 10:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Besides isn't NASCAR trying to bring a younger generation of fans to their sport? Sex sells. Always have always will. Pretty sure Monster knows what they...
Besides isn't NASCAR trying to bring a younger generation of fans to their sport? Sex sells. Always have always will.

Pretty sure Monster knows what they are doing. That company has been growing year after year and they won't stop until they're the number 1 energy drink in the market. They're marketing geniuses. You see that green claw plastered everywhere.
Yet Red Bull takes a completely different, less "sex" approach, that seems to work better. Monster is cheeseball.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
2/20/2017 10:02am
The last supercross I went to..(Oakland) I was more concerned about the drunken fights that broke out around me than the monster girls. I have two little girls, violent outbreaks are more of a concern.
twotwosix
2/20/2017 10:04am
If those yoga pants offend the Nascar moms, just wait til they bring the Monster Girls out in their skirts! Grinning

mx836
2/20/2017 10:06am
Random girls all over at Red Bud every year with less clothes on than the Monster girls. No complaints from me.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/20/2017 11:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Besides isn't NASCAR trying to bring a younger generation of fans to their sport? Sex sells. Always have always will. Pretty sure Monster knows what they...

mx836 wrote:
Yet Red Bull takes a completely different, less "sex" approach, that seems to work better. Monster is cheeseball.
I agree with you. I prefer the Red Bull approach but you can't deny that Monster is seen in the public eye a lot more than Red Bull. The shit is everywhere.

Come to think of it have any of you ever seen a TV commercial for Monster Energy? I don't recall ever seeing one but I'm sure everyone here has seen those little weird cartoon ones Red Bull puts out. Red Bull Gives You Wings followed by the little cartoon flying away. The only Monster ones I can think of are those Doonies advertisement at the races or shown during the broadcast.

I don't think I've ever seen an actual commercial on TV that actually promotes their energy drinks. Have any of you ever seen one? I live in Canada so maybe it's different down in the States and elsewhere in the world. I seriously have no idea and I'm curious to find out. Same for Rockstar Energy.

2/20/2017 11:40am
Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy, I do like the approach Red Bull takes with all the crazy events they organise/back (flugtag, soapbox etc)
cameron96
2/20/2017 11:48am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx836 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I agree with you. I prefer the Red Bull approach but you can't deny that Monster is seen in the public eye a lot more than...
I agree with you. I prefer the Red Bull approach but you can't deny that Monster is seen in the public eye a lot more than Red Bull. The shit is everywhere.

Come to think of it have any of you ever seen a TV commercial for Monster Energy? I don't recall ever seeing one but I'm sure everyone here has seen those little weird cartoon ones Red Bull puts out. Red Bull Gives You Wings followed by the little cartoon flying away. The only Monster ones I can think of are those Doonies advertisement at the races or shown during the broadcast.

I don't think I've ever seen an actual commercial on TV that actually promotes their energy drinks. Have any of you ever seen one? I live in Canada so maybe it's different down in the States and elsewhere in the world. I seriously have no idea and I'm curious to find out. Same for Rockstar Energy.

Monster prides themselves as being one of the only billions dollar product companies to never run a main stream advertisement.

That was words from the CEO in the NASCAR monster announcement
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/20/2017 11:51am
twotwosix wrote:
If those yoga pants offend the Nascar moms, just wait til they bring the Monster Girls out in their skirts! :lol: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/20/177412/s1200_9473481506_ea2bb767ee_z.jpg[/img]
If those yoga pants offend the Nascar moms, just wait til they bring the Monster Girls out in their skirts! Grinning

That's what I was saying. The girls shown in that NASCAR article were wearing pants and from what I remembered the ones at the SX races wear skirts. The lady or whoever was complaining probably would of had a heart attack if they had been dressed in those skirts. I've never been to a NASCAR race but I'm sure there's plenty of women in barely there bikini tops in the stands and walking around on those 100 degree plus race days in the summer.

Family sport or not there's more skin shown at any beach USA than at the races. I guess we'll see if Monster decides to "clean" up the image of the Monster girls going forward.

I agree about worrying more about the drunken fights than what the girls are wearing.

I just found it funny that what the Monster girls are wearing made the news. Seriously WGAF what they wear. Sit down and just enjoy the races and ignore them if it that big of an issue. I swear some people complain just to hear themselves complaining.
philG
2/20/2017 11:51am
As an aside, we were discussing the 'day race' thing , and i think it a great way to improve teh sport as a family show.

The Speedway GP here in the UK, runs at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, the first year , opening ceremonies were around 6.30pm, with racing starting at 7pm, finishing around 10pm, and as a result , loads of people made a weekend of it, but the hotel prices went through the roof , to the point where people didnt go, because they didnt want to be driving back late at night... the organisers responded the following year with a 3pm start, so folk could get home, they have a big fan zone in the city , close off the streets , and its great. Hotels went nuts , organisers have stuck to their guns, and its always an afternoon gig now, and very family friendly.

Some of the places the races are at , being their after dark late at night does not appeal to me one bit.
2/20/2017 11:58am
Monsters even cleaned it up the last few years I think, hell the one time they have Miss Supercross on the broadcast she's wearing a coat. You can walk down the street and see more skin than at a Supercross, I really don't think it's a big deal anymore.
JMR1976
2/20/2017 12:00pm
huck wrote:
"NASCAR fans are outraged"... I'm sure some liberal woman that thinks she is saving these poor girls, is the one that is throwing a hissy fit.
Nascar has liberal women fans? Good joke!
SlackBoy
2/20/2017 12:03pm
huck wrote:
Or some conservative religious nutbag - either or
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/20/2017 12:03pm
philG wrote:
As an aside, we were discussing the 'day race' thing , and i think it a great way to improve teh sport as a family show...
As an aside, we were discussing the 'day race' thing , and i think it a great way to improve teh sport as a family show.

The Speedway GP here in the UK, runs at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, the first year , opening ceremonies were around 6.30pm, with racing starting at 7pm, finishing around 10pm, and as a result , loads of people made a weekend of it, but the hotel prices went through the roof , to the point where people didnt go, because they didnt want to be driving back late at night... the organisers responded the following year with a 3pm start, so folk could get home, they have a big fan zone in the city , close off the streets , and its great. Hotels went nuts , organisers have stuck to their guns, and its always an afternoon gig now, and very family friendly.

Some of the places the races are at , being their after dark late at night does not appeal to me one bit.
I'm not sure what the reason is for the races to start around 7pm. I myself prefer the day races simply because they end early enough that you can enjoy your evenings doing something else. Maybe the reasoning behind the 7pm start time has to do with people working on Saturdays but I'm not sure. Where I live a lot of people have weekends off so the early start time makes a lot of sense in order for it to become more family friendly.

Anyone know for sure the reasoning behind the 7pm start time? Are there less drunks at the earlier SX rounds? If yes, that alone would make going to the races more enjoyable.
huck
2/20/2017 12:16pm
huck wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
Or some conservative religious nutbag - either or
True. There's a fine line between the two...
huck
2/20/2017 12:17pm
huck wrote:
JMR1976 wrote:
Nascar has liberal women fans? Good joke!
More than likely it's not even a fan of the sport...it's just a group that thinks they need to get involved...
PTECH
2/20/2017 12:38pm
I don't get people getting upset over the monster girls... Have you never been the beach?
2/20/2017 12:49pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not sure what the reason is for the races to start around 7pm. I myself prefer the day races simply because they end early enough...
I'm not sure what the reason is for the races to start around 7pm. I myself prefer the day races simply because they end early enough that you can enjoy your evenings doing something else. Maybe the reasoning behind the 7pm start time has to do with people working on Saturdays but I'm not sure. Where I live a lot of people have weekends off so the early start time makes a lot of sense in order for it to become more family friendly.

Anyone know for sure the reasoning behind the 7pm start time? Are there less drunks at the earlier SX rounds? If yes, that alone would make going to the races more enjoyable.
There's nothing different about the start times this year compared to last year besides Oakland so far. It's always 7pm where the race is being held. So a 7pm west coast race is actually 10pm on the east coast. A east coast race is at 7pm eastern and 4pm pacific. They keep the race time pretty consistent at 7pm and wherever you live determines what time the race is for you.

Post a reply to: Is SX a family show?

The Latest