Is Roczen really "German"?

8/25/2014 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 6:41pm
I've been trying to get my German friend to follow moto/Roczen. He questioned Ken's Germanic credibility. He said that neither Ken nor Roczen are German names. He also noted that accent is nearly nonexistent, although I remember it was said to be heavier when he came to the States to race as a young(er) man.

I don't really give two poops myself: I love the kid and his attitude but I am just curious if any of the Germans on the board know his story. I am guessing his family immigrated when he was young?

|
8/25/2014 5:08pm
I've been trying to get my German friend to follow moto/Roczen. He questioned Ken's Germanic credibility. He said that neither Ken nor Roczen are German names...
I've been trying to get my German friend to follow moto/Roczen. He questioned Ken's Germanic credibility. He said that neither Ken nor Roczen are German names. He also noted that accent is nearly nonexistent, although I remember it was said to be heavier when he came to the States to race as a young(er) man.

I don't really give two poops myself: I love the kid and his attitude but I am just curious if any of the Germans on the board know his story. I am guessing his family immigrated when he was young?

Immigrated here or to Germany? He lived in Germany up until he got on the KTM and came over here after winning his MX2 title. His dad still lives in Germany from what I gather.
MxKing809
Fantasy
175th
8/25/2014 5:09pm
Where have you been bro? It's obvious the German thing is a stunt, and he's Canadian. Didn't want to be lumped in with Dean Wilson so they went with Germany!

Lmao. He came over in 09? For Loretta's and came over to race nationals shorty there after. He was fresh off the boat when he was 17. He's legit German.... Right there with beer and bratwurst!!
8/25/2014 5:13pm
I've been trying to get my German friend to follow moto/Roczen. He questioned Ken's Germanic credibility. He said that neither Ken nor Roczen are German names...

Immigrated here or to Germany? He lived in Germany up until he got on the KTM and came over here after winning his MX2 title. His...
Immigrated here or to Germany? He lived in Germany up until he got on the KTM and came over here after winning his MX2 title. His dad still lives in Germany from what I gather.
I am wondering if he or his parents moved to Germany. I know he lived there most/all of his life. Just trying to give Ken more German credibility for my German friends. I want to spread the moto gospel.

I pointed out to him today that Roczen won, and he said that there wasn't even a tiny mention of it in the German sports pages (at least not the one he checks). Of course, I guess there's no moto in our papers/websites either...
8/25/2014 5:15pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Where have you been bro? It's obvious the German thing is a stunt, and he's Canadian. Didn't want to be lumped in with Dean Wilson so...
Where have you been bro? It's obvious the German thing is a stunt, and he's Canadian. Didn't want to be lumped in with Dean Wilson so they went with Germany!

Lmao. He came over in 09? For Loretta's and came over to race nationals shorty there after. He was fresh off the boat when he was 17. He's legit German.... Right there with beer and bratwurst!!
And I gotcha - he's got German cred to me. Just wondering about his name. I am American enough to know that I can't vet the Germanicness of anyone's name but I know my friend can. Just curious...

The Shop

MJC
8/25/2014 5:15pm
in
8/25/2014 5:17pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Where have you been bro? It's obvious the German thing is a stunt, and he's Canadian. Didn't want to be lumped in with Dean Wilson so...

I think the heavier accent I was referring to was back in the mini O's in 05.
8/25/2014 5:24pm
From what I could gather the name Roczen seems to come from Poland region. That doesn't mean he is Polish though.
Kjbmx520
8/25/2014 5:26pm

No he's not German, he's actually Russian, pretending to be German. It's all for the fans. This shouldn't even be a thread.
slipdog
8/25/2014 5:34pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Before
Dumbgeon!

"You little punk ass boy, wouldn't listen to me...
You think I'm faking, but I'm taking all you sucker MC's...
To the end of the world and push you over, good luck couldn't find you in a four leaf clover!"
8/25/2014 5:43pm
Ya know,

If you go back far enough, we are all African.
8/25/2014 5:52pm
Not trying to be a dick - just hoping for an answer from someone who'd know.
8/25/2014 6:00pm
Well, he never wears Lederhosen during a race, so I guess we'll never know.
IWreckALot
8/25/2014 6:09pm
TripleFive wrote:
Ya know,

If you go back far enough, we are all African.
[img]https://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif[/img]
That .gif never gets old.
8/25/2014 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 6:17pm

WE SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU KENNY!!! Or should I use your real name, KENKOVI ROCVECHKIN!!!!

(In Soviet Russia, bike ride you!!)
8/25/2014 6:22pm
People overthink things way to much. Hese german... lol
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3888th
8/25/2014 6:30pm
I knew he lied on the application for the MXoN German team. Thats bullshit...Dizzy
Flip109
8/25/2014 6:31pm
Lmao this is fun

Post a reply to: Is Roczen really "German"?

The Latest