Is RCH good enough...

7/7/2014 2:46pm
The RMZ is a great platform. More than any other bike...it is the one that pro level riders want to ride. There is a reason Suzuki has not changed the bike much in recent years. KR has ridden the bike plenty, and he would not be making the change if he did not feel confident. My guess is his decision was driven more by SX than MX. That is where the money and exposure is.
7/7/2014 2:47pm
As of today ktm 450 has 1 championship the Suzuki 450 has how many championships? Ken shouldn't be worried one bit
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/7/2014 3:35pm
RCH has recently hired guys to do exactly what they want with the bikes. There's a reason IT9 is riding yellow and it isn't because he won a few "lites" titles...

Kenny's '15 bike is going to be more than up to the challenge.

The Shop

oshow
7/7/2014 3:42pm
Brent wrote:
...for a rider like Ken Roczen? I know the factory Suzuki 450 has a good rep today, but what happens when the the other brands move...
...for a rider like Ken Roczen?

I know the factory Suzuki 450 has a good rep today, but what happens when the the other brands move ahead technically next season, will it be good enough then?

And no offense to RC or Kenny Watson, but I doubt they are going to be over at the Suzuki race shop at 8 AM on a monday after the race grinding parts on a Lathe like Decoster and Ian Harrison do for KTM to make the bike better.

My point is that DeCoster is a huge reason KTM has become the bike it is now, and I just don't see that kind of dedication to improving the motorcycle coming from RCH or cash- strapped Suzuki Corporate next near.

Right now I think KTM has the drive to be world number one, and will do whatever it takes to get there.

I just don't see that right now from Suzuki or RCH.
Sorry but you are very wrong. Kenny will in very good hands at RCH.

And you are smoking crack if you think everyone on that team won't give 100% to win and improve the bike. 8am isn't shit to them. They will get it done, lots of wins ahead for that team. Take that to the bank.
ocscottie
7/7/2014 3:56pm
Brent, you arent the only one with concerns. Blink

I am down right scared! Woohoo
dirtnapper
7/7/2014 4:10pm
well if had been quiet riot I coulda given u a phone number....
Brent wrote:
Do you know Quiet Riot by chance? Hilarious story about the new singer and what he really does for a living, and it ain't singing...
So.....um, what does he do for a living? Huh
malachi177
7/7/2014 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 4:31pm
Ah yes, the Suzuki inferior quality, won't touch it with a ten foot pole bullshit againPinch It's one of, if not the BEST bike out there. RD5 should go back to yellow too. He was better on it. Some people are idiots.
Mouse153
7/7/2014 4:37pm
I think the issue is they've never had anybody capable of winning week in and week out. I have my doubts that's for sure but they have the backing and support so with Kenny's ability they could be a great team over the next few years. I would like to know how much Ricky is involved and how much say so he has. I still wonder if a FMX guy knows what he's doing Silly
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
7/7/2014 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 4:58pm
malachi177 wrote:
Ah yes, the Suzuki inferior quality, won't touch it with a ten foot pole bullshit again:pinch: It's one of, if not the BEST bike out there...
Ah yes, the Suzuki inferior quality, won't touch it with a ten foot pole bullshit againPinch It's one of, if not the BEST bike out there. RD5 should go back to yellow too. He was better on it. Some people are idiots.
i think its the local guy reliability. not the factory level. honestly,its why i didnt buy one when i was buying in 13'. too many tranny problems and quality of parts,material etc.
on k rocs side.hell yes he will be fine. as everyone knows,its a 180 from what we buy and how they get maintained and built with superior parts.
7/7/2014 5:05pm
Mx97 wrote:
"I just don't see that right now from Suzuki or RCH."

Please elaborate...

Brent wrote:
Okay (1) No 250 development team; (2) Let DeCoster go over money; (3) When executives from Japan visited US Suzuki in Brea a few years ago...
Okay

(1) No 250 development team;

(2) Let DeCoster go over money;

(3) When executives from Japan visited US Suzuki in Brea a few years ago, DeCoster sent the team big rigs into the desert so the Japanese wouldn't see them and ask about spending.

(4) using substandard OEM parts on the production bikes.

There is more but Im not going to risk a friendship.

Only Kenny knows for sure why he is leaving a successful team, for a new one, I guess we will see how it plays out.
You have ZERO clue on what your talking about...a lot of you do!!

Its crazy to read you forum rugrats trying to act as if you know what your talking about!!

Suzuki is in the green and has always been....they have one of the best contingency programs. Furthermore If you knew how Suzuki came to be you would know the direction they are going now!!

malachi177
7/7/2014 5:06pm
malachi177 wrote:
Ah yes, the Suzuki inferior quality, won't touch it with a ten foot pole bullshit again:pinch: It's one of, if not the BEST bike out there...
i think its the local guy reliability. not the factory level. honestly,its why i didnt buy one when i was buying in 13'. too many tranny...
i think its the local guy reliability. not the factory level. honestly,its why i didnt buy one when i was buying in 13'. too many tranny problems and quality of parts,material etc.
on k rocs side.hell yes he will be fine. as everyone knows,its a 180 from what we buy and how they get maintained and built with superior parts.
That funny, I know a lot of zook riders that have had zero issues with a ton of hrs on their bikes. The '11 had shifting issues due to some bolt backing out. That was fixed two years ago. Quality of parts is bogus...the stock bolts are soft yes, but that is it. I see more riders having issues with orange and red then any other bikes. The reliability issue is the owners lack of maintenance...period. On any bike.
Brent
7/7/2014 5:07pm
oshow wrote:
Sorry but you are very wrong. Kenny will in very good hands at RCH. And you are smoking crack if you think everyone on that team...

And you are smoking crack if you think everyone on that team won't give 100% to win and improve the bike. 8am isn't shit to them. They will get it done, lots of wins ahead for that team. Take that to the bank.
...smoking crack is SO last year, I've moved up to huffing brake cleaner now, its cheaper.

Oh, to your point - I have no doubt that the Goat, Watson, Hart, and maybe even Alicia herself will be in the shop every day to get the bike the best it can be.

My thing is that Suzuki is working off of an almost 10 year old bike, albeit with some refinements, and other companies seem to be doing a lot more R&D for their bikes, Especially KTM.

Let me ask everyone this - Does anyone think that Kenny has actually ridden the newest Factory Suzuki yet, or is he just going on fond memories of his GP Days??

Unless he hates the KTM or the personnel, it just doesn't make sense to leave a team he is doing so well with..

But again, WTF do I know.
malachi177
7/7/2014 5:08pm
Brent wrote:
...smoking crack is SO last year, I've moved up to huffing brake cleaner now, its cheaper. Oh, to your point - I have no doubt that...
...smoking crack is SO last year, I've moved up to huffing brake cleaner now, its cheaper.

Oh, to your point - I have no doubt that the Goat, Watson, Hart, and maybe even Alicia herself will be in the shop every day to get the bike the best it can be.

My thing is that Suzuki is working off of an almost 10 year old bike, albeit with some refinements, and other companies seem to be doing a lot more R&D for their bikes, Especially KTM.

Let me ask everyone this - Does anyone think that Kenny has actually ridden the newest Factory Suzuki yet, or is he just going on fond memories of his GP Days??

Unless he hates the KTM or the personnel, it just doesn't make sense to leave a team he is doing so well with..

Maybe he just likes the zook better.
brimx153
7/7/2014 5:13pm
Brent wrote:
...for a rider like Ken Roczen? I know the factory Suzuki 450 has a good rep today, but what happens when the the other brands move...

I know the factory Suzuki 450 has a good rep today, but what happens when the the other brands move ahead technically next season, will it be good enough then?

And no offense to RC or Kenny Watson, but I doubt they are going to be over at the Suzuki race shop at 8 AM on a monday after the race grinding parts on a Lathe like Decoster and Ian Harrison do for KTM to make the bike better.

My point is that DeCoster is a huge reason KTM has become the bike it is now, and I just don't see that kind of dedication to improving the motorcycle coming from RCH or cash- strapped Suzuki Corporate next near.

Right now I think KTM has the drive to be world number one, and will do whatever it takes to get there.

what brands are moving technically ahead next season , cause all of them are basically the same as next year , by what most pro rider s say, the Suzuki is the best bike out there , ever heard anything, but good about that bike , we can flip the conversation and say how compared to RD s bike , kennys bike looks awesome to , but wait ! there on the same bike , how can this be , maybe cause Kenny is riding so great , its actually him that's the main part , and not the ktm , just a load of bull if RV was winning the KX would be the best bike ,all the bike s are good , and to most people who ride them the Suzuki is better in stock form ,than the ktm , and by what the pros say its the best out there , guess wat Kenny thinks so to , KTM did match the offer
RMT
7/7/2014 5:19pm
Brent wrote:
Okay (1) No 250 development team; (2) Let DeCoster go over money; (3) When executives from Japan visited US Suzuki in Brea a few years ago...
Okay

(1) No 250 development team;

(2) Let DeCoster go over money;

(3) When executives from Japan visited US Suzuki in Brea a few years ago, DeCoster sent the team big rigs into the desert so the Japanese wouldn't see them and ask about spending.

(4) using substandard OEM parts on the production bikes.

There is more but Im not going to risk a friendship.

Only Kenny knows for sure why he is leaving a successful team, for a new one, I guess we will see how it plays out.
On your point 3. I guess US Suzuki makes sure nobody can see the Semi at each race so those blind execs won't see it in magazines, online or on TV. You do know (of course you don't) that the president of the US Suzuki distributor is an employee of Suzuki Japan right? Whoever told you that got the story wrong and you look like a complete idiot re telling it.

If I had to choose, I would take the cash and assets of Suzuki over KTM any day of the week. I could go on, but obviously you have some inside source that doesn't seem to know his ass from a hole in the ground. If he works for or with the race team, that would make perfect sense.

Did RC lose when he went to Suzuki? How about Reed? James Stewart? Who is the only guy beating AC in the GP's and what is he riding?
7/7/2014 5:24pm
oshow wrote:
Sorry but you are very wrong. Kenny will in very good hands at RCH. And you are smoking crack if you think everyone on that team...

Brent wrote:
...smoking crack is SO last year, I've moved up to huffing brake cleaner now, its cheaper. Oh, to your point - I have no doubt that...

Ktm is much better in r&d????? Where on earth did you hear that? You've gpt everything ass backwards!!

Ktm has done great things with their bikes but they of any other brand is working off the oldest platform.

Speaking of r&d who came to market with the first production 450 Fi? Also who is setting the standards in chassis and suspension handling?

Suzuki rmz450 of '05 and todays rmz are completely different bikes so im nkt seeing what yoi mean by a 10 year old bike?

brimx153
7/7/2014 5:24pm
by that logic the new Honda is awesome compared to the 08 , even though most honda ,will say the 08 is the best one they had ,or the 10,11,12,13 Yamaha was a huge improvement on the 09 , just cause something is all brand new does nt mean its better , that's been the key to Suzuki s success imo, they got a good bike and keep refining it , and if u don't think Kenny has rode the 15 ur mad , or if u think all the parts on peicks or IT9 bike are just 14 , I am sure there running as much 15 stuff as they can get away with
Brent
7/7/2014 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 5:36pm
You have ZERO clue on what your talking about...a lot of you do!! Its crazy to read you forum rugrats trying to act as if you...

Its crazy to read you forum rugrats trying to act as if you know what your talking about!!

Suzuki is in the green and has always been....they have one of the best contingency programs. Furthermore If you knew how Suzuki came to be you would know the direction they are going now!!

Not zero.

Its a little presumptuous to assume there are just low IQ morans on this site.

This is a small Southern California based sport, and some of people here have been around long to develop relationships in this little cottage industry.

Damn look like I caught my limit today, time to pack up the rod and reel.....
7/7/2014 5:39pm
You have ZERO clue on what your talking about...a lot of you do!! Its crazy to read you forum rugrats trying to act as if you...

Brent wrote:
Not zero. Its a little presumptuous to assume there are just low IQ morans on this site. This is a small Southern California based sport, and...
Not zero.

This is a small Southern California based sport, and some of people here have been around long to develop relationships in this little cottage industry.

Im sure there are many poeple on here with wide range of knowledge about this sport!! Those same poeple would not come on here basiclally bashing a company like Suzuki!! Or any of the other brand for that matter!

A california based sport? Small? Dude you either you live underneith a rock or you really do live in a cottage~

kiwifan
7/7/2014 5:43pm
peelout wrote:
quote via AskPing [i][quote]Next year Roczen is joining the RCH program and there just won't be as many KTM wins as there are now. Unless you've...
quote via AskPing

Next year Roczen is joining the RCH program and there just won't be as many KTM wins as there are now. Unless you've had your head in the sand you can see that Kenny is poised to be the next champion, indoors and out, so expect to see RC, Cary Hart and Kenny spraying lots of champagne in 2015.

i'm on the "Kenny will win no matter what color bike he's on" train

i just hope his bike is close to as dialed as his KTM... that thing looks like it's on rails out there
yeah well said, makes no difference if hes on yellow or orange, he will still be winning next year...given not a lot is changing on the RMZ then its not as though they start from scratch
7/7/2014 6:04pm
Im sure the RCH team has plenty of resources to be able to get the job done for K roc.

Ask any pro privateer what bike they would choose KTM vs Suzuki........ Im betting its not even close.
Howard_Racing
Fantasy
841st
7/7/2014 6:09pm
Brent wrote:

Simple answer.. Yes. You think RC doesn't know what it takes to win? He spent the time building the team, they are ready for the rider.
TeamGreen
7/7/2014 6:18pm
dsmith wrote:
Yes...they are.
GuyB wrote:
Yes. They have plenty of quality staff in place to take care of whoever's on the team next year.
They have staff, resources and infrastructure that not too many people seem to be aware of. These last 2-3 years have been "building years" and Carey and RC have even commented to that end. The riders, equipment and staff that they currently have are EXCESSIVE for who they are and what they're doing...today. They have a head-count that would rival even some factory teams.
Why is that?
They are bullying for the future. That future begins in 2015.

Some have commented as to what Red Bull's role will be on that Team: we'll see.
Some have commented on Kenny's decision: we'll see. He's recently hinted that he hasn't chosen between Suzuki and KTM, yet. (Seems to me his seat is filled at KTM, next-year, tho)
Who's the 2nd rider gonna be? We'll see.
Who's the Title Sponsor gonna be? We'll see.

What I think we're going to see is RCH taking a more vital role in Suzuki's U.S. racing/marketing scheme & I think we're going to watch what appears to be RCH "getting serious" (news-flash: they've been serious for quite a while).

The next Big Suzuki Questions: where and when will their 250 team appear? Who will run it? One team, Two teams? Who will ride them?

But, that's jus' me. I'm always wondering...

chrisbuehler
7/7/2014 6:33pm
malachi177 wrote:
That funny, I know a lot of zook riders that have had zero issues with a ton of hrs on their bikes. The '11 had shifting...
That funny, I know a lot of zook riders that have had zero issues with a ton of hrs on their bikes. The '11 had shifting issues due to some bolt backing out. That was fixed two years ago. Quality of parts is bogus...the stock bolts are soft yes, but that is it. I see more riders having issues with orange and red then any other bikes. The reliability issue is the owners lack of maintenance...period. On any bike.
Thank you. Had no issues with the RMZ450 I raced a full season on.
Mickolobe7
7/7/2014 6:57pm
I remember thinking the same thing when Ricky made the switch to Suzuki...WTF? He's going to ride those POS's??? Didn't he break a clutch or something...
I remember thinking the same thing when Ricky made the switch to Suzuki...WTF? He's going to ride those POS's??? Didn't he break a clutch or something in his very first formal ride on them? History says they got things figured out okay... Whistling

It might be easy to confuse the bikes on the showroom floors with the ones out on the National tracks.
From a recent Chaparral ad:
2014 450's
Honda $7,878
Yamaha $6,490
Kawasaki $5,999
Suzuki.... $4,799
Looks like they are having a tough time giving them away! (Even at that price I would not tough one with a ten foot pole! Seems I am not alone)
Maybe the production bikes are not "good enough," but the factory bikes and teams have proven to be in the past. Will be interesting to watch it play out...
2014 RMZ 450 4799! Wow I want one!
mx965
7/7/2014 7:27pm
Brent wrote:
Not zero. Its a little presumptuous to assume there are just low IQ morans on this site. This is a small Southern California based sport, and...
Not zero.

"This is a small Southern California based sport"

Brent
7/7/2014 7:32pm

I am honored to be dissed by the executive VP of Finance for SMA.

... at least I assume thats who you are, since you are one of the only people who know the true state of the balance sheet at the company. Good job, considering the mediocre sales figures as of late.

/S

Brent
7/7/2014 7:34pm
mx965 wrote:
[u][i][b]"This is a small Southern California based sport"[/b][/i][/u] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/07/58847/s1200_romney_laugh.jpg[/img]
"This is a small Southern California based sport"

Funny, Mitt is So Cal based also Tongue

Post a reply to: Is RCH good enough...

The Latest