Is Podracing Right Around the Corner

jasonv43
Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 10:07am
|
ocscottie
4/21/2015 2:00am
That is pretty fuckin wild! Ive seen some vids where guys are racing their drones (DJI Phantoms like GuyB has) and their onboard vids are pretty cool, racing through the forests like the hover bike footage in Star Wars.

This vid is a whole 'nother level though. Mind blowing stuff. I would love to see it happen full scale, hell i can even imagine riding one and getting out of this fucking chair for a spin!
Frodad78
4/21/2015 5:12am
Only if we can get some sand people on Turn 3...

The Shop

hvaughn88
4/21/2015 6:38am
I think we can all see where this is going. These pods are cool and pretty soon people will want them. As with most things, people are going to want to be competitive and race them. Before we know it, there's gonna be some grassroots racing going on, where the men are men and don't need manicured fields to ride them on. Sometime in the future, we will come out of this recession and disposable income will be flowing, leading to some really trick factory pods. These things will fly off the shelves and every kid will have one.

Before we know it, a manufacturer will begin working on a new design that uses 4 rotors instead of 2. Sure it's heavier, more expensive, more rotors to fix when it grenades. But it's gonna be a game changer and all the factory teams will ride it. "More thrust is a must" they will say. By this time, we will be in another recession and the pod racing scene will start to diminish. Everyone will want to know why that is. Pretty soon, there will be a schism of passionate fans. We will have the "purists" who think 2 rotor designs are the key to saving racing. They are cheaper, easier to fix, lighter, a bit harder to ride, and slower. Hell, only a couple factories even sell 2 rotor designs. Then we will have the 4 rotor crowd that likes them because they are fast and easy to ride. Sure they are a little more expensive, heavier, and more difficult to work on. But once again, all the manufactures make them and "more thrust is a must."

Vitalpod.com is gonna be a constant shit show of people claiming that 2 rotors are better than 4, yada yada yada. There will be a massive calling in the sport for more money from the APA and Feld will surprisingly be running this show too. There will be a few top guys that make some good money. Guys like: Bryan Rungey, Bryan Billipoto, Jimmy Stewart, Ben Rockson, Tim Ganard and a few others. But the privateers will be barely be able to buy new rotor blades and pay their entry fee. It's a viscous sport, this podcross (or PX as the industry calls it).

And don't get me started on the lack of safety gear the pros wear on these things. Little johnny sees Rad Cheed not wearing a chest protector and thinks, "whats a chest protector going to protect against a spinning rotor anyways? I don't need to wear one either."

The amateur scene won't be as big as it once was, back when every kid on your street had a pod in the garage. But the largest "amateur" pod racing national of the year will still have full gates. If you've never been the pod racing amateur national at Reba McEntire's ranch, you must. It's awesome. Hopefully the PX scene will rebound and we can get back to the grassroots that were so prevalent in the 2030's.
Frodad78
4/21/2015 6:46am
The force is strong with this one ^^^^^^^^^^
vet323
4/21/2015 7:15am
Golf clap for Mr. Turd Fergeson up there.
tprice07
4/21/2015 7:30am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 7:31am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I think we can all see where this is going. These pods are cool and pretty soon people will want them. As with most things, people...
I think we can all see where this is going. These pods are cool and pretty soon people will want them. As with most things, people are going to want to be competitive and race them. Before we know it, there's gonna be some grassroots racing going on, where the men are men and don't need manicured fields to ride them on. Sometime in the future, we will come out of this recession and disposable income will be flowing, leading to some really trick factory pods. These things will fly off the shelves and every kid will have one.

Before we know it, a manufacturer will begin working on a new design that uses 4 rotors instead of 2. Sure it's heavier, more expensive, more rotors to fix when it grenades. But it's gonna be a game changer and all the factory teams will ride it. "More thrust is a must" they will say. By this time, we will be in another recession and the pod racing scene will start to diminish. Everyone will want to know why that is. Pretty soon, there will be a schism of passionate fans. We will have the "purists" who think 2 rotor designs are the key to saving racing. They are cheaper, easier to fix, lighter, a bit harder to ride, and slower. Hell, only a couple factories even sell 2 rotor designs. Then we will have the 4 rotor crowd that likes them because they are fast and easy to ride. Sure they are a little more expensive, heavier, and more difficult to work on. But once again, all the manufactures make them and "more thrust is a must."

Vitalpod.com is gonna be a constant shit show of people claiming that 2 rotors are better than 4, yada yada yada. There will be a massive calling in the sport for more money from the APA and Feld will surprisingly be running this show too. There will be a few top guys that make some good money. Guys like: Bryan Rungey, Bryan Billipoto, Jimmy Stewart, Ben Rockson, Tim Ganard and a few others. But the privateers will be barely be able to buy new rotor blades and pay their entry fee. It's a viscous sport, this podcross (or PX as the industry calls it).

And don't get me started on the lack of safety gear the pros wear on these things. Little johnny sees Rad Cheed not wearing a chest protector and thinks, "whats a chest protector going to protect against a spinning rotor anyways? I don't need to wear one either."

The amateur scene won't be as big as it once was, back when every kid on your street had a pod in the garage. But the largest "amateur" pod racing national of the year will still have full gates. If you've never been the pod racing amateur national at Reba McEntire's ranch, you must. It's awesome. Hopefully the PX scene will rebound and we can get back to the grassroots that were so prevalent in the 2030's.
Interesting facts:

There are 320,725,888 people in the United States.
The top 16 richest people in the United States have a combined net worth of 646.6 billion dollars...

If you were to split that up it would be just under $500,000 per person. Now imagine if everyone in the united states pooled their money and split it up...not just the top 16.... we would all be multi millionaires....Note: that $500,000 per person is just that, per person, every baby, child, girl, boy, mother, father, grandpa, grandma...everyone.. Family of five now has a net worth of $2,500,000

BOOM!

P.S. I am not a communist...just thought it was a fun little crunch.

....this was in reference to the "recession and disposable income"
hvaughn88
4/21/2015 7:34am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I think we can all see where this is going. These pods are cool and pretty soon people will want them. As with most things, people...

tprice07 wrote:
Interesting facts: There are 320,725,888 people in the United States. The top 16 richest people in the United States have a combined net worth of 646.6...
Interesting facts:

The top 16 richest people in the United States have a combined net worth of 646.6 billion dollars...

If you were to split that up it would be just under $500,000 per person. Now imagine if everyone in the united states pooled their money and split it up...not just the top 16.... we would all be multi millionaires....Note: that $500,000 per person is just that, per person, every baby, child, girl, boy, mother, father, grandpa, grandma...everyone.. Family of five now has a net worth of $2,500,000

BOOM!

That's all well and good until inflation takes over afterwards and a gallon of milk costs $1,000.
tprice07
4/21/2015 7:42am
hvaughn88 wrote:

tprice07 wrote:
Interesting facts: There are 320,725,888 people in the United States. The top 16 richest people in the United States have a combined net worth of 646.6...
Interesting facts:

BOOM!

hvaughn88 wrote:
That's all well and good until inflation takes over afterwards and a gallon of milk costs $1,000.
Who needs milk when you are a millionaire...buy a cow...milk it. Then buy a hover bike and fly it. then kill the cow and eat it...repeat.
hvaughn88
4/21/2015 7:47am
tprice07 wrote:
Interesting facts:

BOOM!

hvaughn88 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
Who needs milk when you are a millionaire...buy a cow...milk it. Then buy a hover bike and fly it. then kill the cow and eat it...repeat.
if milk's $1,000, how much is the whole cow?
4/21/2015 9:41am
Everyone can jump the whole track. No roost to eat. It's like a participation trophy.
jasonv43
4/21/2015 9:45am
hvaughn88 wrote:

How much does it cost to purchase www.vitalpod.com?

hvaughn88
4/21/2015 10:01am
hvaughn88 wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:
How much does it cost to purchase www.vitalpod.com?

$Texas
dkg
4/21/2015 10:07am
hvaughn88 wrote:

You are suffering from Future Shock. Please seek help quickly. Seriously, funny stuff.

Post a reply to: Is Podracing Right Around the Corner

The Latest