Is Justin Barcia the biggest disappointment since JLaw?

PJ205
4/25/2015 5:18pm
If he could just figure out how to ride in the desert without running out of gas I really think it would help his training program...
If he could just figure out how to ride in the desert without running out of gas I really think it would help his training program. Every week it is the same thing.
hahahahahh
plowboy
4/25/2015 5:22pm
If you are talking about un-realised potential then Travis Pastrana is by far and away the biggest disappointment I can think of. Of course he's done fantastically well but if he had focused on moto he could have owned this sport. BTW I'm a huge fan of that crazy mofo.
Lane-O103
4/25/2015 5:23pm
Yup a 250 championship, pretty young and is fairly new to full time 450. Sounds like a disappointment to me.....(sarcasm)

The Shop

Zycki11
4/25/2015 5:23pm
To me it really seems like a confidence issue. The bike looks very twitchy, almost like his setup is very very off balance. Coupled with the fact of him being very hard on the gas and this seems to be a tough situation to overcome. Weston manhandles that thing and gets away with it. With all of that said, Millsaps looked great on it, as well as Brayton. Sometimes it takes time to setup a bike for you and then tinker with it some more to understand the bike itself. Hopefully he doesn't give up on it.
Huckster
4/25/2015 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2015 5:33pm
Am I missing something? I just looked and Weston is 13th in points and has hit the deck almost as much as Barcia. By getting along with the Yamaha you mean "better" than Justin is? You certainly can't mean that he is killing it this season on that bike can you?
Flatliner
4/25/2015 5:35pm
He's had a good 250 carreer.... But at minimum the past two seasons have been disappointing.

I personally wouldn't put him as a 2016 title contender based on both results, and how he's been riding when on the track.
h&m_cycle
4/25/2015 5:41pm
and Peick may never win a race... but...
Cygnus
4/25/2015 5:54pm
Barcia was better on his Honda and Weston was almost as good on his Suzuki. So that JGR Yamaha hasnt really been good for anyone's career.
Outsider
4/25/2015 6:08pm
Well, his career is not a disappointment, except when you compare it to all the crazy expectations people had for him...
4/25/2015 6:11pm
Is he having a hard time adapting to the Yamaha? Almost definitely.
But, taking a look at his 2015 SX season, he missed 8 rounds due to injury and is now struggling to fight through a lack of training and physical strength due to that injury. With that in perspective, he has only raced 7 races on the JGR bike and we haven't even watched him take a shot at the Outdoors yet. Looking back at the 2014 MX season Barcia was running with the top 3 before his ankle surgery. Along with the championships and stats other people on this topic have listed, Barcia is definitely not a major disappointment. I feel that with enough practice and good health, Barcia could definitely be on the podium.
kiwifan
4/25/2015 6:13pm
JB 19 wrote:
I sense that he's burned out.
Given he was not riding for 2 months or so recently I highly doubt that....
kiwifan
4/25/2015 6:14pm
Cygnus wrote:
Barcia was better on his Honda and Weston was almost as good on his Suzuki. So that JGR Yamaha hasnt really been good for anyone's career.
I agree with Barcia comment but I think Weston has been faster on the JGR
Feint
4/25/2015 6:23pm
plowboy wrote:
If you are talking about un-realised potential then Travis Pastrana is by far and away the biggest disappointment I can think of. Of course he's done...
If you are talking about un-realised potential then Travis Pastrana is by far and away the biggest disappointment I can think of. Of course he's done fantastically well but if he had focused on moto he could have owned this sport. BTW I'm a huge fan of that crazy mofo.
I'd agree that Pastrana's racing career post 125s was a huge disappointment. He's still one of the most talented guys to ever ride a bike.

This thread is not meant to say that Barcia is not a good rider. It's entirely about him not living up to the expectations people had of him when he first moved up. The talk was all about how he was going to be one of the fastest guys and how Dungey would not be able to beat him. People were expecting Barcia to do what Roczen did.
Crush
4/25/2015 6:33pm
Cygnus wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
I agree with Barcia comment but I think Weston has been faster on the JGR
The way he's been progressing i'd say he'd have been faster on any bike if it was the same level equipment.. More to do with his riding.... He tried saying it was better than the suzuki at the start of the year. I don't know what brownies he was selling but I'm not buying it...

Also regarding his riding, I know everyone is high as fuck on Weston, it's a pretty incredible rise, but I wonder when people are gonna start looking at how he's doing it to do it. He's riding crazy and burning himself up, has about 10 dodgy moments a lap... even compared to Eli who bulldogs it, it's ridiculous... and compared to RD/CS/TC who are all smooth, I just don't know how that's gonna work long term really.
Skerby
4/25/2015 6:37pm
Justin barcia. is no where near Jlaws level.
JB 19
4/25/2015 6:42pm
JB 19 wrote:
I sense that he's burned out.
kiwifan wrote:
Given he was not riding for 2 months or so recently I highly doubt that....
You posts have been the stuff of genius tonight. Ever think he might have been burned out on the Honda and the move to Yamaha was a far reach to reenergize himself?
4/25/2015 6:51pm
He never looked right/ comfortable on the Yamaha.. nothing wrong with that Yamaha a all, but it just isn't right for him. He should have stayed on the Honda.or went to Kawasaki. He had a bad crash today at the NJ SX right in front of me. He knew he was going to come up a little short on the landing of the tunnel jump and started to eject, but way to late. He landed back on the bike and looked like he crushed his nuts. He was hunched over in pain for a while. Looked a bit silly and I thought it was a 3 digit rider until they picked his bike up. He rolled all the jumps for the next few laps after that.
4/25/2015 7:19pm
I can see people comparing JLaw to Hanny's career but Barcia is still giving it 100% outdoors and in supercross. I think today is the worse I've ever seen him ride and constantly coming up short is not his style....I was amazed he didn't crash sooner not because he wasn't giving it 100% but because he was giving it 100% regardless of how he felt about his bike's handling.
JB 19
4/25/2015 7:38pm
Because you own a construction business.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/25/2015 7:41pm
Feint wrote:
A 250 championship. He did nothing after moving up. Barcia hasn't won a race in 2 years. Everyone was talking him up to be a major...
A 250 championship. He did nothing after moving up. Barcia hasn't won a race in 2 years. Everyone was talking him up to be a major title contender, and he's never been within 90 points.
ML512 wrote:
Two 250 championships, 2 450 SX wins and 9 450 SX podiums... What a disappointment... I wish I was such a disappointment. Comparing him to J-Law...
Two 250 championships, 2 450 SX wins and 9 450 SX podiums... What a disappointment... I wish I was such a disappointment.

Comparing him to J-Law who bit a buddies ears off, has pissed away his career/money, and has gone to jail is pretty ridiculous.
This ^^^
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/25/2015 7:46pm
Feint wrote:
I wasn't comparing him to JLaw. I asked if he was the biggest disappointment since JLaw. Is there anyone else that has moved up since JLaw...
I wasn't comparing him to JLaw. I asked if he was the biggest disappointment since JLaw. Is there anyone else that has moved up since JLaw that people had bigger expectations of that has not come close to living up to them?
Zracer wrote:
As far as being a title contender? Stewart
TeamGreen wrote:
Bwahahahahahahaha

This is why I don't post when I'm drinking.
He's probably just new to the sport. Or maybe this is him laying on the fence Laughing

BobbyM
4/25/2015 8:08pm
Feint wrote:
Everyone expected big things out of him, but he hasn't accomplished much at all since moving up and it seems like his career is going downhill...
Everyone expected big things out of him, but he hasn't accomplished much at all since moving up and it seems like his career is going downhill fast.
Well feint... he can still race a scooter for a living. Could be worse.
4/25/2015 8:37pm
Feint wrote:
A 250 championship. He did nothing after moving up. Barcia hasn't won a race in 2 years. Everyone was talking him up to be a major...
A 250 championship. He did nothing after moving up. Barcia hasn't won a race in 2 years. Everyone was talking him up to be a major title contender, and he's never been within 90 points.
ML512 wrote:
Two 250 championships, 2 450 SX wins and 9 450 SX podiums... What a disappointment... I wish I was such a disappointment. Comparing him to J-Law...
Two 250 championships, 2 450 SX wins and 9 450 SX podiums... What a disappointment... I wish I was such a disappointment.

Comparing him to J-Law who bit a buddies ears off, has pissed away his career/money, and has gone to jail is pretty ridiculous.
gsxrcr28 wrote:
This ^^^
X2 This ^^^^^
4/25/2015 8:44pm
It's the blue bucking bronco he's riding...it suits the bigger guys, and even then they look like they are having to muscle it around. Barcia's Honda was not so hot either. He'll be in the mix when he gets on a better bike
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/25/2015 8:59pm
Just read ML512s post.
In my own words, no, the answer to your question is no.
Feint
4/25/2015 9:14pm
seth505 wrote:
Just read ML512s post.
In my own words, no, the answer to your question is no.
Okay, then who would you say is the biggest disappointment in the last 5 years?
brimx153
4/25/2015 9:40pm
J law is more of a disappoint, because he actually had the talent. To win championships , and we all know what happened , barica is just so so so overrated is the problem , yes he can be good some night s , but even the races he won in the 450 s weren't like he passed RV left him for dead , he got the holeshot , got a big gap and held on . Outdoors he is even more overrated, it's going to be a long summer for him , getting the holeshot and going backwards fast this year
Jeremy200
4/25/2015 10:00pm
I wouldn't be surprised if all his mid week is focused on outdoors given his sx season.

his bike doesn't look that well set up - some guys suck at set up and rely too much on team mates / mechanics. Peick's looks ok imo.
jeffro503
4/25/2015 10:23pm
Feint wrote:
ML512 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
BOOM!
BOOM X million! Jesus Christ where do some of these guys come up with this stuff?

Post a reply to: Is Justin Barcia the biggest disappointment since JLaw?

The Latest