Is JS7 now tainted?

40Plus_922mx
8/29/2014 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2014 11:51pm
I know he is a sheer bad dude on a bike. No disrespect.

But If you think about the constant drama ie. Kawi, Yami, Not racing, yes racing, not racing, law trouble, not racing, yes racing, latest fail drug test, and now he is on the downhill side of things will this play a part into teams or factories not wanting to go there when his 2015 deal is up?

You can slam me if you want but I really think that for the first time he may not be wanted. Seems like so many fast young guys with a strong work ethic and just flat out lay it down would seem more appealing.
|
IWreckALot
8/29/2014 1:08pm
Most of the things listed individually are rather minor. Lots of guys get into some trouble from time to time. If you compare your list to his list of accomplishments, his accomplishments are longer. I'll choose to focus on the things he's best known for being championships, doing crazy obstacles before anyone else, trying different things.

It does make you wonder what could have been had he focused solely on racing rather than following the path he chose. To each their own. I'm not gonna judge him negatively.
Olson
8/29/2014 1:10pm
He will forever be a bad dude remembered for taking the sport to another level. His fans will stand behind him no matter what, and the haters will always hate. The sponsors and teams knows this. If he's eligible to ride, he will have support.
JeepnMike
8/29/2014 1:13pm
The silence sure as heck isn't helping.
Outsider
8/29/2014 1:17pm
You said taint... aahhh hahhah ahhh

The Shop

MX Culture
8/29/2014 1:26pm
Did you watch the Detroit, Toronto or St. Louis Supercross races?
He'll have a great ride as long as this fim deal is cleared up.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
8/29/2014 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 1:41pm
MX Culture wrote:
Did you watch the Detroit, Toronto or St. Louis Supercross races?
He'll have a great ride as long as this fim deal is cleared up.
This ^^^

Pretty sure he is planning on retiring after 2015 though.
newmann
8/29/2014 1:41pm
Tainted? I'm Rick James, BITCH!

peelout
8/29/2014 1:43pm
no, i don't consider his career any more or less affected by this. dude is still one of the best ever.

sucks that it happened, but as i always tell my shit head nephew, be careful what you wish for. people have been screaming for testing, and well, here we are...
Kjbmx520
8/29/2014 2:09pm
JeepnMike wrote:
Why would he talk and open up to the public, before his hearing and all the investigations are over? I'm sure his very smart lawyers, have told him to say as little as possible. It's the smart thing to do, to lay low and let everything work itself out before talking about it.
g0rd057
8/29/2014 2:15pm
Probably reduces his chances at attracting new sponsors or endorsements.
Spartacus
8/29/2014 2:26pm
I will wait till all the fact are released [if they in fact ever are].
8/29/2014 2:35pm
Not at all. Hes probably the most naturally talented mxer ever to ride a mx bike
newmann
8/29/2014 3:24pm
Tainted, maybe. People who actually invest their money into a team to go racing probably don't look at James the way they did 5 years ago.

I just wish he would take the Kevin Windham approach to show up, put on a great show, shoot for podium finishes and get another five good paying years out of this sport. He has earning potential that no one else has. Instead of pulling massive air on a "transfer", he could scrub from one section of the track to another. Or find himself a wall jump from one section to another. People would shit their seats. He has already advertised in interviews that while he may not be out front running away with it, "but did you see Bubba hit that wall jump". He has skills for miles and could use those to his advantage without having to fight solely for a championship. All the drama and BS that he brings and that follows him around needs to get squashed. Get down to some serious show up to work money making. Hang out late with the fans and sell the shit out of his clothing and memorabilia. I can't think of anyone else in this sport who has the earning potential he does outside of winning a championship.
8/29/2014 3:53pm
peelout wrote:
no, i don't consider his career any more or less affected by this. dude is still one of the best ever. sucks that it happened, but...
no, i don't consider his career any more or less affected by this. dude is still one of the best ever.

sucks that it happened, but as i always tell my shit head nephew, be careful what you wish for. people have been screaming for testing, and well, here we are...
I disagree, I think alot of the media publicity he gets, most noteably over the ignorant things he's done has greatly affected his results. And the latest drug test results(wich hes
aware everybody knows about) has really got his head bugged up.

Race teams are not only looking for someone thats fast, but also someone clean cut with a good image to represent thier team, but im sure the speed and ability to win is more important than image...

Rule #1 in motocross is to have fun, even at the top level. Stewart quit having fun about 4 years ago, right around the time he came out with bubba's world.. actually before that...
Motodave15
8/29/2014 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 4:06pm
No. Hasn't tainted anything.

Thread is beyond dumb.

I'll flip the switch.... well atleast for me

did mark maguire and sammy sosa's bust for ped's ruin their homeruns in my eyes no
did lance armstrong legacy get ruined in my eyes for doping nope.
did i get pissed brett farve sent nude photos to a girl.. no

My issue is this, why do people care so much about what happens with other people in certain sports...media is to blame for this and this whole TMZ style world we live in is frankly lame.

also all the politically correct jargon etc... I wish people would just be more real and stop acting like they never did anything wrong... live and let live

I'd like to say. is the Usa Tainted for its lax border policies??.. or its weak war or drugs??... that's some shit that's tainted that matters... but oh well rant over.

BTW I hope Js7 is tainted in your eyes so all of these so called "MOTO" fans can stfu about it
kijen
8/29/2014 4:11pm
newmann wrote:
Tainted, maybe. People who actually invest their money into a team to go racing probably don't look at James the way they did 5 years ago...
Tainted, maybe. People who actually invest their money into a team to go racing probably don't look at James the way they did 5 years ago.

I just wish he would take the Kevin Windham approach to show up, put on a great show, shoot for podium finishes and get another five good paying years out of this sport. He has earning potential that no one else has. Instead of pulling massive air on a "transfer", he could scrub from one section of the track to another. Or find himself a wall jump from one section to another. People would shit their seats. He has already advertised in interviews that while he may not be out front running away with it, "but did you see Bubba hit that wall jump". He has skills for miles and could use those to his advantage without having to fight solely for a championship. All the drama and BS that he brings and that follows him around needs to get squashed. Get down to some serious show up to work money making. Hang out late with the fans and sell the shit out of his clothing and memorabilia. I can't think of anyone else in this sport who has the earning potential he does outside of winning a championship.
agree with everything you said.......so "IF" he does get suspended does he become a Redbull attraction, racing the one off Redbull races and exhibitions, not quite freestyle, but I know Redbull does a few race across the world and now the straight rhythem....just an idea....
40Plus_922mx
8/29/2014 4:12pm
If you compare your list to his list of accomplishments, his accomplishments are longer.

Hmm. Not sure you can say that with out all the facts. Accomplishments on a motorcycle? He has gotten me beat by miles.

Life accomplishments? Hard to weigh it out. But I was 16 years old with one pair of clothes on me, no house, no job, and no parents, no education. I worked my butt off and built a business from scratch that ended up doing over a mil a year in annual sales for many years in a small community. Raised 4 children, still happily married to my wife of 25 years. However can't seem to conquer the baldness thing? JS7 has me beat there too.
Olson
8/29/2014 4:29pm
"did lance armstrong legacy get ruined in my eyes for doping nope."

EEEHM... I bet a lot of people see this different than you do.

And to compare the most sophisticated doping scheme in sport with Stewart is just messed up.
SEE ARE125
8/29/2014 4:36pm
[quote]If you compare your list to his list of accomplishments, his accomplishments are longer. [/quote] Hmm. Not sure you can say that with out all the...
If you compare your list to his list of accomplishments, his accomplishments are longer.

Hmm. Not sure you can say that with out all the facts. Accomplishments on a motorcycle? He has gotten me beat by miles.

Life accomplishments? Hard to weigh it out. But I was 16 years old with one pair of clothes on me, no house, no job, and no parents, no education. I worked my butt off and built a business from scratch that ended up doing over a mil a year in annual sales for many years in a small community. Raised 4 children, still happily married to my wife of 25 years. However can't seem to conquer the baldness thing? JS7 has me beat there too.
I think he was referring to your list of James' screw-ups vs. the list of James' accomplishments.
peelout
8/29/2014 4:40pm
peelout wrote:
no, i don't consider his career any more or less affected by this. dude is still one of the best ever. sucks that it happened, but...

I disagree, I think alot of the media publicity he gets, most noteably over the ignorant things he's done has greatly affected his results. And the...
I disagree, I think alot of the media publicity he gets, most noteably over the ignorant things he's done has greatly affected his results. And the latest drug test results(wich hes

Race teams are not only looking for someone thats fast, but also someone clean cut with a good image to represent thier team, but im sure the speed and ability to win is more important than image...

Rule #1 in motocross is to have fun, even at the top level. Stewart quit having fun about 4 years ago, right around the time he came out with bubba's world.. actually before that...
you're certainly allowed to have an opinion on it. wouldn't be the first time i wasn't in the majority lol
JeepnMike
8/29/2014 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 4:55pm
JeepnMike wrote:
Kjbmx520 wrote:
Why would he talk and open up to the public, before his hearing and all the investigations are over? I'm sure his very smart lawyers, have...
Why would he talk and open up to the public, before his hearing and all the investigations are over? I'm sure his very smart lawyers, have told him to say as little as possible. It's the smart thing to do, to lay low and let everything work itself out before talking about it.
Are you and James friends? Does he call you at home? The last I heard from James the reason he isn't racing is because he was having issues with dizziness right?
CR250Rider
8/29/2014 5:28pm
Lance Armstrong is a dirty rotten lousy no good cheater...
8/29/2014 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 5:33pm
peelout wrote:

I disagree, I think alot of the media publicity he gets, most noteably over the ignorant things he's done has greatly affected his results. And the...

peelout wrote:
you're certainly allowed to have an opinion on it. wouldn't be the first time i wasn't in the majority lol
Well dont feel bad, read the pray for our nation thread or the ferguson thread.
Seems like i was outnumbered 50 to 1

Some people have no clue of right and wrong or they just argue for the sake of argument.

But i like stewart alot and think hes capable of a championship still, i bet im in the minority on that one. But the fact of the matter is when James is on hes untouchable...still.
8/29/2014 5:39pm
He is the highest grossing income rider in the history of this sport. He should run away as fast as he can and that is exactly what it looks like he is doing with the deafening silence. There is no turning back from this. It's over.
8/29/2014 5:40pm
Motodave15 wrote:
No. Hasn't tainted anything. Thread is beyond dumb. I'll flip the switch.... well atleast for me did mark maguire and sammy sosa's bust for ped's ruin...
No. Hasn't tainted anything.

Thread is beyond dumb.

I'll flip the switch.... well atleast for me

did mark maguire and sammy sosa's bust for ped's ruin their homeruns in my eyes no
did lance armstrong legacy get ruined in my eyes for doping nope.
did i get pissed brett farve sent nude photos to a girl.. no

My issue is this, why do people care so much about what happens with other people in certain sports...media is to blame for this and this whole TMZ style world we live in is frankly lame.

also all the politically correct jargon etc... I wish people would just be more real and stop acting like they never did anything wrong... live and let live

I'd like to say. is the Usa Tainted for its lax border policies??.. or its weak war or drugs??... that's some shit that's tainted that matters... but oh well rant over.

BTW I hope Js7 is tainted in your eyes so all of these so called "MOTO" fans can stfu about it
Your post is laughable will McGuire or Sosa get into the hall of fame? No
Does Armstrong have any endorsement deal left? No
And you know why? Because they're tainted
Motodave15
8/29/2014 5:52pm
Your post is laughable will McGuire or Sosa get into the hall of fame? No Does Armstrong have any endorsement deal left? No And you know...
Your post is laughable will McGuire or Sosa get into the hall of fame? No
Does Armstrong have any endorsement deal left? No
And you know why? Because they're tainted
Reading comprehension is not your strong point eh... ""In my eyes"
8/29/2014 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 7:46pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Reading comprehension is not your strong point eh... ""In my eyes"
You might want to get those checked. Anyway the thread isn't about what you think about James, it's about what you think about what teams think about James.

"My issue is this, why do people care so much about what happens with other people in certain sports...media is to blame for this and this whole TMZ style world we live in is frankly lame."

I had to read this a few times, but I think you're trying to say Why does the public care about this, why don't they mind their own business. Does that sound right? Well, if you feel the public shouldn't care about the results of athletes' drug testing, then it probably follows that you feel organizations like MLB shouldn't care about the results of their athletes' drug tests either. Does that also sound right? Let's get that out of the way before we continue this dialogue.
The Rock
8/29/2014 7:58pm
peelout wrote:

Someone else made the same invalid IMHO about people screaming for testing. WADA in SX is old news it was the testing for Nationals that people like myself were looking forward to (not screaming for) but to date no one has tested positively.

My hope was to reduce HGH usage and the associated costs. Just this past week I was speaking with a friend who saw the vials of HGH in an up and comers fridge about five years ago. The rider said "I feel like superman on that stuff!"
Flatliner
8/29/2014 8:33pm
When it's all said and done I'll remember him as the best 125 rider ever, and the most talented guy on an mx bike next to tp199.

Post a reply to: Is JS7 now tainted?

The Latest