Is JA21 okay...?

jamma10
9/26/2016 3:55am
mx292 wrote:
a[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/25/153488/s1200_Anderson.jpg[/img] I can't help but feel the lapper was really at fault. I know it looks like a fast corner, but I just think the guy...
a

I can't help but feel the lapper was really at fault. I know it looks like a fast corner, but I just think the guy would have seen him sticking up from the middle of the jump. The jump itself doesn't look like a make or break type of jump where if you don't clear it, you are screwed. He could have let up i think. Just my opinion. Legendary ride by Ando though. Glad he is ok.
kongols wrote:
IMO lapper let Anderson by and then tried to clear the jump as soon as possible to not get in a way of battle going on...
IMO lapper let Anderson by and then tried to clear the jump as soon as possible to not get in a way of battle going on behind him. He even might not seen Anderson slow down so much as he was checking who`s behind Anderson. Lappers spend more time looking back, none of them want to get in a way of battle that might decide Chamberland`s faith.
Natsuka had Swedish rider Alvin Östlund right on his tail, if he'd slowed up he would have almost certainly relinquished his position.

Whether he could see him or not he clearly didn't anticipate Anderson slowing to a virtual stop, and neither did Östlund because he jumped the finish line a second behined.

An unfortunate incident but nobodies fault.

jamma10
9/26/2016 4:10am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 4:16am
Imagine you're Natsuka rounding the final corner with a guy right on your tail.

By the time he'd glanced up from the rut/bend I'm not convinced he would have been able to see Anderson and even when he did it would have been too late to take evasive action.

jamma10
9/26/2016 4:24am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 4:31am
You guys are kidding, nobodies fault, try telling that to an insurance company!
You can argue that Anderson shouldn't have rolled the finish line and technically speaking you're probably right, but riders do it all the time and usually get away with it. The guy had just won an epic moto for his country and his mind was probably a blur of emotions.

Under the circumstances I think actions of both riders were totally understandable, which is why I don't think blame can really be apportioned to either one of them.

The Shop

9/26/2016 4:35am
Set a precedent, disqualify him, deduct his points.

He is a professional there are no excuses for mistakes. Emotions pfftt....
jamma10
9/26/2016 4:52am

Or just accept that it was an unfortunate and somewhat freak accident.
dedi684
9/26/2016 4:57am
I raced yesterday and rolled some jumps. If some fucktard landed on me it would have been their fault not mine.
9/26/2016 5:13am
dedi684 wrote:
I raced yesterday and rolled some jumps. If some fucktard landed on me it would have been their fault not mine.
Not if you'd been in the main line and the jump was blind.

With this one I can also see both sides. Rolling that specific jump was never going to be a good idea. I mean lets imagine that Paulin was pressuring Herlings 4 or 5 seconds (and not 10) further back down the track - does Jason still roll the finish line? And is the reaction from people different if the same incident happens but with a rider racing for a position? The point I'm trying to make is that regardless of which rider it was or what situation they were in (lapped or battling for second) if a blind jump is blind, then they're not going to know if the rider ahead suddenly decides not to jump it for some reason.
9/26/2016 5:17am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 5:28am

jamma10 wrote:
Or just accept that it was an unfortunate and somewhat freak accident.
It is unfortunate.

If you roll jumps in the racing line you are asking for trouble and it is your fault.
LastCall211
9/26/2016 6:17am
Did anyone notice the fans walking across the finish line jump after the third moto? Almost had a couple of riders jump into a crowd of people. Could have been really bad.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/26/2016 6:30am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 6:31am
dedi684 wrote:
If your in the main line then hell yeah it is your fault. They usually tell the squids to ride on the left or right side of jumps and to stay the hell off the main line.
9/26/2016 6:53am
Did anyone notice the fans walking across the finish line jump after the third moto? Almost had a couple of riders jump into a crowd of...
Did anyone notice the fans walking across the finish line jump after the third moto? Almost had a couple of riders jump into a crowd of people. Could have been really bad.
Agreed. And I think that also indicates just how blind the jump was. There was basically a crowd of people covering a far greater surface percentage of the entire jump than Jason was capable off, and yet the riders were still jumping it and almost landing on the people until the flags were whipped out.
mx216
9/26/2016 7:00am
dedi684 wrote:
Wow dude. If you are racing but rolling the jumps, you should probably pull off or go to a practice track and get better. Not put everyone and yourself in danger by being a dumbass. If I landed on you because you decided to roll jumps in the middle of a race I'd probably whoop you're ass if you weren't dead.
JAFO92
9/26/2016 7:17am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 10:06am
Never roll a finish line jump (if you can help it) when there are lots of racers behind you still jockey'ing for position.
VRR7
9/26/2016 7:38am
It is no ones fault in that no one was outside the rules of the race ! The pain and the lesson belongs to Jason - Learn not to do such a dumb action every again ... unless you want the pain and suffering again. Those are the facts. As unpleasant as they are considering how well he rode in the race. The first time I saw this my 1st impression was wtf is he doing ? This was even before he had a bike on his head. Nasty lesson. Simple common sense most experienced racers should already know how to wind down a race safely.
Good race Jason , best of luck with the recovery , hope you got some wisdom from this experience.
VRR7
9/26/2016 7:43am
PS " If you have to step into the road, look both ways first. Always show due care and consideration for others. "
a22
9/26/2016 8:49am
No idea what and if anyone to blame- was terrible- just glad he is not worse injured, or the other rider come to that.

Such bad luck and a real shame for the result. He rode great and was mighty impressive.
newmann
9/26/2016 9:39am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 9:40am
I was racing in a split gate vintage 125/250 race at Mosier Valley way back when and was battling for 1st in the 125 class at the finish line jump. Flagger was standing at the lip of the tabletop so I kept it pinned all the way in a last ditch effort for the win. Airborne pretty damn high for just 4 inches of travel when I see a 250 rider damn near sitting still in the middle of the jump right where I'm going to land. I came crashing down on the left side of his bike and cartwheeled down the jump. Wasn't pretty, wasn't happy. More pissed I went all Hail Mary and ended up second...lol.

Moral of story, don't be goofing in the track while a race is going on.
Motofinne
9/26/2016 9:46am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 9:48am
Does something change if we figure out whose fault it was? Huh
All we can hope is that @dedi684 doesn't keep rolling jumps when he is racing since he is a danger to himself and others xD

On a serious note. No of course not.
500guy
9/26/2016 10:03am
My original reaction was be really mad at the Japanese rider but I think it was just a bad accident, the only thing that could make this possibly not happen was for that jump to be a table top then Anderson might have been in view when the other rider was approaching.

Any number of things happen and this accident would not of occurred.
9/26/2016 10:11am
What do we all say about them throwing out the yellow flag for a slow moving rider (JA) ? Happen or didn't? Should have or shouldn't have?
BobbyM
9/26/2016 10:36am
gt80rider wrote:
It isn't unusual for the winner to slow after crossing the line... It is unusual for a lapper right behind the leader to Huck the finish...
It isn't unusual for the winner to slow after crossing the line... It is unusual for a lapper right behind the leader to Huck the finish line jump.... There is no blame on Anderson here.... There is no way the lapper didn't see the winner take the checkered flag right in front of him...
Bingo... To say otherwise is ignorant and foolish.
Prntscrn
9/26/2016 10:47am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 10:47am
gt80rider wrote:
It isn't unusual for the winner to slow after crossing the line... It is unusual for a lapper right behind the leader to Huck the finish...
It isn't unusual for the winner to slow after crossing the line... It is unusual for a lapper right behind the leader to Huck the finish line jump.... There is no blame on Anderson here.... There is no way the lapper didn't see the winner take the checkered flag right in front of him...
BobbyM wrote:
Bingo... To say otherwise is ignorant and foolish.
The japanese rider were foghting for a position with a swedish rider. A few second behind them, probably similar to how far behind the lapper were Anderson, Herlings and Paulin were fighting for second. Would have been retarded not to jump it
BobbyM
9/26/2016 10:53am
Does something change if we figure out whose fault it was? Huh
Motofinne wrote:
All we can hope is that @dedi684 doesn't keep rolling jumps when he is racing since he is a danger to himself and others xD On...
All we can hope is that @dedi684 doesn't keep rolling jumps when he is racing since he is a danger to himself and others xD

On a serious note. No of course not.
Yer a dick
9/26/2016 11:01am
jamma10 wrote:
Imagine you're Natsuka rounding the final corner with a guy right on your tail. By the time he'd glanced up from the rut/bend I'm not convinced...
Imagine you're Natsuka rounding the final corner with a guy right on your tail.

By the time he'd glanced up from the rut/bend I'm not convinced he would have been able to see Anderson and even when he did it would have been too late to take evasive action.

You're right,at 2:02 he's going so fast and like Natsuka he goes to the inside,even if he saw Anderson he's committed and wouldn't have been able to avoid a big crash of some sort or another

Racing incident I'm afraid, a fucked up freak one but at the end of the day still a racing incident.Sad
tek14
9/26/2016 11:30am
Without CBS banners he could have seen jump on left before hitting inside rut when you only see face of jump.

I have seen many 85cc races where someone hits brake after line and 2 guys fighting position then one hits slow rider. Last race at riders meeting we were all told NOT to slow down at line....

There been many updates coming in safety side in Finland.. like protection for flaggers and tracks need to be approved. MX Safety FIN trying to get these things global. MX is dangerous enough for everyone.

Great that JA21 will be fine after that accident.
9/26/2016 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 12:52pm
Look , i am only playing a game with you,

But in all reality read the rule book.
It will say the race is not over until the last rider crosses the chequred flag.
So whilst the race was still on Anderson did a danderous manouver that caused an accident and injury to a competitor.
Rolled a double jump in the racing line.

Therefore he should be punished. Fact.

This would be a total diffent outcome if either rider had life threatening injuries.

Post a reply to: Is JA21 okay...?

The Latest