Is Anderson getting a reputation

bobojim
Edited Date/Time 4/26/2016 8:50pm
Sure he is fast, but chasing the dream pretty much shows he will take any one out to go up one position. Some people on here etc think that is the best thing since sliced bread. Not me though. Eventually that will catch up with him I expect?
|
4/25/2016 5:29am
No, it has been past tense for a while now.

The only question now is when will someone park him? And which rider is first?
agn5009
4/25/2016 5:51am
I have no issues with doing it in a turn or in a "safe" manner. There's a lot of money at stake and one position could make a difference.

I honestly feel there are too many whiners who follow this sport. Or maybe too many whiners in general. I don't know. But it's annoying.
Ing
4/25/2016 6:00am
If your faster you'll make the pass. If taking someone out is the only way to get around then your clearly not faster. Passing on a SX track is possible. Ask the guy at the front.

The Shop

kkawboy14
4/25/2016 6:04am
They would have to catch him....to drop him! Or do they drop him when he is dropping them?
Crush
4/25/2016 6:07am
I don't care if he makes contact running block passes, it's part of SX, but his one on Brayton over the triple was fucking retarded, if for no other reason than it was completely unnecessary–and his team managers comment was fucking disgraceful too...

Unfortunately, if you keep doing a lot of those sort of moves, you're also probably going to make some on the dumber side of the spectrum...
Tpog496
4/25/2016 6:27am
Crush wrote:
I don't care if he makes contact running block passes, it's part of SX, but his one on Brayton over the triple was fucking retarded, if...
I don't care if he makes contact running block passes, it's part of SX, but his one on Brayton over the triple was fucking retarded, if for no other reason than it was completely unnecessary–and his team managers comment was fucking disgraceful too...

Unfortunately, if you keep doing a lot of those sort of moves, you're also probably going to make some on the dumber side of the spectrum...
Was that in Indy? Was it on the broadcast? I must have missed it.
agn5009
4/25/2016 6:31am
Ing wrote:
If your faster you'll make the pass. If taking someone out is the only way to get around then your clearly not faster. Passing on a...
If your faster you'll make the pass. If taking someone out is the only way to get around then your clearly not faster. Passing on a SX track is possible. Ask the guy at the front.
This isn't true at all. Some guys ride a wide track and are tough to pass. I don't think there's anything wrong with riding a wide track if your battling for position. But to say just because someone is in front of you they're faster is just plain wrong.
EEE299
4/25/2016 6:32am
Crush wrote:
I don't care if he makes contact running block passes, it's part of SX, but his one on Brayton over the triple was fucking retarded, if...

What were his managers comments?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
4/25/2016 6:43am
agn5009 wrote:
This isn't true at all. Some guys ride a wide track and are tough to pass. I don't think there's anything wrong with riding a wide...
This isn't true at all. Some guys ride a wide track and are tough to pass. I don't think there's anything wrong with riding a wide track if your battling for position. But to say just because someone is in front of you they're faster is just plain wrong.
But passing is part of racing. Just like the starts are.
Otherwise they could just race for laptimes...

It's not always easy to pass on a supercross track but Dungey learned that too. He used to follow guys for half the race, now it's a matter of a couple of turns until he finds a way around them
DeStouwer
4/25/2016 6:59am
Not only when making a pass, but also when Anderson is trying to close a gap on a rider in front of him, I often get the feeling he rides a little wild and is taking a lot of (unnecessary) risks, with some close calls. I'm afraid this will cause an injury sooner or later.
BobPA
4/25/2016 7:01am
DeStouwer wrote:
Not only when making a pass, but also when Anderson is trying to close a gap on a rider in front of him, I often get...
Not only when making a pass, but also when Anderson is trying to close a gap on a rider in front of him, I often get the feeling he rides a little wild and is taking a lot of (unnecessary) risks, with some close calls. I'm afraid this will cause an injury sooner or later.
Wasn't there a short redhead that looked to be on the edge? I think he did pretty well.

How are you possibly bagging on a guy that is always racing forward? It's like you want the guys to finish in the exact spot they started.
Tumblin
4/25/2016 7:13am
What JA does so well and his season points prove it...his passes are momentum killers. There is often a large gap after he completes his "pass". Any racer can appreciate that position...for now.
davistld01
4/25/2016 7:51am
DeStouwer wrote:
Not only when making a pass, but also when Anderson is trying to close a gap on a rider in front of him, I often get...
BobPA wrote:
Wasn't there a short redhead that looked to be on the edge? I think he did pretty well. How are you possibly bagging on a guy...
Wasn't there a short redhead that looked to be on the edge? I think he did pretty well.

How are you possibly bagging on a guy that is always racing forward? It's like you want the guys to finish in the exact spot they started.
If you're faster than the guy in front of you...you should be able to pass him without taking him out. Contact is a part of racing, and I get that...but to have to slam into somebody just to take a position away is weak, in my opinion. Justin Barcia used to be "the guy" who everybody hated because of his racing style, but he seems to have gotten past that. I hope that Jason gets past it and learns to be a better racer before somebody, who has no chance of even hitting a podium sends him off the track on the Asterisk mule.

I believe Jason is frustrated because he's not as fast as Dungey & Roczen...period. He cannot run the pace they can and do it without either having to wreck somebody or crash.
gt80rider
4/25/2016 7:55am
I dig Anderson. He has the best style on the track, he rides his freakn nuts off every race, and he is not scared of anyone. We need a whole lot more guys like him on the gate.

As far as his bumping goes... It is AMA pro racing. Not the local Joe blow C class, not trying to get a spot at Loretta's, it is pro racing and he is riding that way.
4/25/2016 7:57am
I think if Seely would t bone him right in the paddock, nobody would complain about that move by this time
Firefly47
4/25/2016 7:58am
Oh, the irony here.

Bob Hannah rode like an asshole and he's considered a hero!
Ryan Hughes rammed a few bikes in his day and y'all act like he's Captain America badass.
Jason Anderson does it.......oh the horror!
BobPA
4/25/2016 8:00am
davistld01 wrote:
If you're faster than the guy in front of you...you should be able to pass him without taking him out. Contact is a part of racing...
If you're faster than the guy in front of you...you should be able to pass him without taking him out. Contact is a part of racing, and I get that...but to have to slam into somebody just to take a position away is weak, in my opinion. Justin Barcia used to be "the guy" who everybody hated because of his racing style, but he seems to have gotten past that. I hope that Jason gets past it and learns to be a better racer before somebody, who has no chance of even hitting a podium sends him off the track on the Asterisk mule.

I believe Jason is frustrated because he's not as fast as Dungey & Roczen...period. He cannot run the pace they can and do it without either having to wreck somebody or crash.
We will just have to agree to disagree.

Mm471
4/25/2016 8:03am
These passes will only hurt him as he loses time on the leaders every block pass he makes, also the increased chance of wiping out wont help the title chase
akillerwombat
4/25/2016 8:26am
DeStouwer wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Wasn't there a short redhead that looked to be on the edge? I think he did pretty well. How are you possibly bagging on a guy...

davistld01 wrote:
If you're faster than the guy in front of you...you should be able to pass him without taking him out. Contact is a part of racing...

Look at Barcias results post mellowing out... wouldn't recommend it for Anderson. He's hungry, turn the kid loose.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
4/25/2016 8:36am
Breaking news right off the press!!!

"Anderson: The most hated rider on Vital? You decide in the forms."
davistld01
4/25/2016 8:52am
BobPA wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Look at Barcias results post mellowing out... wouldn't recommend it for Anderson. He's hungry, turn the kid loose.
I think Barcia's results "mellowing out" have more to do with him trying to come back from injuries than from modifying his aggressive style.
TeamGreen
4/25/2016 9:08am
Don't spend time holding JA21 up -OR- INTENTIONALLY GETTING IN OR STAYING IN HIS WAY.

But, some of you don't seem to see the details.

Ever.
peelout
4/25/2016 9:22am
i like Anderson's NFG attitude

however, i was totally expecting the Angry Dunge to put him on the ground
agn5009
4/25/2016 9:41am
agn5009 wrote:
This isn't true at all. Some guys ride a wide track and are tough to pass. I don't think there's anything wrong with riding a wide...
crusty_xx wrote:
But passing is part of racing. Just like the starts are. Otherwise they could just race for laptimes... It's not always easy to pass on a...
But passing is part of racing. Just like the starts are.
Otherwise they could just race for laptimes...

It's not always easy to pass on a supercross track but Dungey learned that too. He used to follow guys for half the race, now it's a matter of a couple of turns until he finds a way around them
I didn't say it wasn't party of the race. But he said if your faster you'll make the pass. it's just not true. Faster guys finish behind slower guys every race. Crashes, bad starts, mechanicals, health, endurance all play into it too. The fastest guy doesn't always win. Look at KR and RD. KR is probably faster than RD. But RD is a better racer. I get what he's saying, but it's not true. Some guys are awesome at not allowing anyone to pass them. It doesn't mean they're faster, it just means they have better race craft than the guy behind them.
mx836
4/25/2016 9:51am
Anderson is a punk. That little fit he threw on Tickle was pathetic from 2 weeks back. Tickle was not even remotely close to being in the way. He will learn soon enough when the favor is returned.
TeamGreen
4/25/2016 9:55am
mx836 wrote:
Anderson is a punk. That little fit he threw on Tickle was pathetic from 2 weeks back. Tickle was not even remotely close to being in...
Anderson is a punk. That little fit he threw on Tickle was pathetic from 2 weeks back. Tickle was not even remotely close to being in the way. He will learn soon enough when the favor is returned.
Wow

Think much?
mx836
4/25/2016 9:57am
What did I not think about? Please enlighten me all-knowing biased poster.

Post a reply to: Is Anderson getting a reputation

The Latest