Iowa's top riders from racer x:

TPurdy
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:34pm
How cool to see that Rick Munson, Jonny Spaw and Craig Noack were listed in the poll.
Also, cant forget Todd Walton and Kurt McCabe who are still very fast today!
But, how can you forget Richie Halstead who was probably one of the fastest local riders that I can remember.
Very cool!
|
mxr102
4/29/2010 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2010 5:52pm
I sent RacerX an email about the Halstead Brothers. Richie was fast and smooth, if his older Brother Bobby could keep it up right he would hand Richie his Butt. Bobby has a fast little dude on an 85 that is unbelievablely fast. He has THE HALSTEAD REDICULOUS CORNER SPEED..... Also Trea I watched you hand Jr Jackson his butt a couple times at Coal Valley, so in all respect to you. You hauled ass on a bike with out a doubt. Both you and your brother. Just had to try and keep Eric focused at times though....
RoadHog
10/16/2010 10:38am
TPURDEY AND MXR102;
I would really like to see this poll from Racer X. I was a District 22 rider back then from rural Cambridge in the 125 and 250B "Killer Bees" running consistently in the top ten. My first year racing I was 15 when I won my first one at New Hartford. That was '83 or so and I remember thinking on the way home how hard it was going to be to be remotely competitive with the top A guys. I studied how they rode so I knew their names.

I am a racer X subscriber and should be able to view it online right?
JPT
10/16/2010 5:26pm
Hey, Vital's very own Ing ought to be on there.

The Shop

RoadHog
10/22/2010 7:49pm
Thanks Highsider.

While I give all of these racers their due respect and don't dispute their speed, maybe RacerX should have allowed for 25 or 30 slots to keep everyone happy, especially us plus-40 guys. Richie Halstead, Tracy Bachman, Steve Hickman, Mark Bolton, Hunt Bros., all hauled the mail on a LOCAL basis.

PS-where did Munson get or how did he make his "factory" rear fenders on his Suzukis back in '81 through '83, when the stock bikes got the "works" look plastic? I always have wondered that.....

Post a reply to: Iowa's top riders from racer x:

The Latest