Interview with Herlings at Milestone. Talks webb, forkner and roczen

Sideways
9/9/2016 10:50am
|
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
9/9/2016 12:58pm
I think I've gotten the wrong impression from this kid over the past couple years. After reading the transworld or racer X interview (can't remember which) and watching a few of the videos interviewing him he seems a lot less egotistical than some of his fans make him out to be. I may actually cheer for the kid come race day. Maybe.
gt80rider
9/9/2016 1:04pm
Good interview, herlings come across very well....
dirtnasty
9/9/2016 1:06pm
731chopper wrote:
I think I've gotten the wrong impression from this kid over the past couple years. After reading the transworld or racer X interview (can't remember which)...
I think I've gotten the wrong impression from this kid over the past couple years. After reading the transworld or racer X interview (can't remember which) and watching a few of the videos interviewing him he seems a lot less egotistical than some of his fans make him out to be. I may actually cheer for the kid come race day. Maybe.
Your impression may have been correct a couple years ago, as he also carries himself and communicates differently than in the past. Lot of time for the guy to mature. Plus he's Dutch, its just their style Tongue
davistld01
9/9/2016 1:38pm
I NEVER would have thought I'd be a Herlings fan at all...but that's changing. I mean, I always recognized his talent...but he came off as such an arrogant dick that it was hard to appreciate him.

Either JH has had some massive media training...or he really has matured and grown more humble.

The Shop

Prntscrn
9/9/2016 1:43pm
Great interview. But when I saw their IG yesterday I was expecting more riding footage. Disappointed..
RG1
9/9/2016 1:43pm
davistld01 wrote:
I NEVER would have thought I'd be a Herlings fan at all...but that's changing. I mean, I always recognized his talent...but he came off as such...
I NEVER would have thought I'd be a Herlings fan at all...but that's changing. I mean, I always recognized his talent...but he came off as such an arrogant dick that it was hard to appreciate him.

Either JH has had some massive media training...or he really has matured and grown more humble.
He's been through a lot the last few years, I really think it has made him thankful for what he has and put an entirely different perspective on everything for him. He's changed for the better a lot recently, it's great that the US media has gotten to spend some decent time with him recently so that you guys over here can get a bit more of an impression of him than just the snapshots you would have seen previously
RandyS
9/9/2016 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2016 2:00pm
I just moved all the points Roczen has lost with me the last few weeks over to Herlings. That interview alone will up his standing to the American fans big. Ya I know, Roczen is going to be crushed. Save it.

I think some of the European Herlings fanboys got a wake up call last weekend, but I'd really like to see Webb, Forkner, and Herlings go at it on 250s for a year, I think they'd beat the hell out of each other.
Fiar
9/9/2016 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2016 2:17pm
RandyS wrote:
I just moved all the points Roczen has lost with me the last few weeks over to Herlings. That interview alone will up his standing to...
I just moved all the points Roczen has lost with me the last few weeks over to Herlings. That interview alone will up his standing to the American fans big. Ya I know, Roczen is going to be crushed. Save it.

I think some of the European Herlings fanboys got a wake up call last weekend, but I'd really like to see Webb, Forkner, and Herlings go at it on 250s for a year, I think they'd beat the hell out of each other.
At a hardpack track they are battling each other but on a sandtrack i think they can't and don't forget herlings was back after his injury...i saw it a week before in assen it wasn't the herlings we supposed to see....
RandyS
9/9/2016 2:28pm
RandyS wrote:
I just moved all the points Roczen has lost with me the last few weeks over to Herlings. That interview alone will up his standing to...

Fiar wrote:
At a hardpack track they are battling each other but on a sandtrack i think they can't and don't forget herlings was back after his injury...i...
At a hardpack track they are battling each other but on a sandtrack i think they can't and don't forget herlings was back after his injury...i saw it a week before in assen it wasn't the herlings we supposed to see....
And didn't take the call.
Sideways
9/9/2016 2:28pm
Fiar wrote:
At a hardpack track they are battling each other but on a sandtrack i think they can't and don't forget herlings was back after his injury...i...
He is also a big guy nowadays. The 250 looks small for him and he has to murder the bike to go as fast as he does. The step to 450 couldnt be better!
TeamGreen
9/9/2016 2:45pm
Did you watch it to the very end where he says...

"...bye the way, I have an R8 Spider AND a Lamborghini."
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
9/9/2016 3:12pm
Fiar wrote:
Sideways wrote:
He is also a big guy nowadays. The 250 looks small for him and he has to murder the bike to go as fast as he...
He is also a big guy nowadays. The 250 looks small for him and he has to murder the bike to go as fast as he does. The step to 450 couldnt be better!
So the 250 looks small compared to a 450?
Sideways
9/9/2016 3:18pm
kzizok wrote:
No thats not why i meant.. He looks heavy on a 250. You could clearly see he had a big disadvantage compared to Prado at Assen for example. He is like 25kg heavier than guys like prado and forkner. And that makes a big difference on a 250, especially on a sand track. Just saying that a 450 will do him good!
Titan1
9/9/2016 3:24pm
I've liked that dude since he turned pro...I don't mind the arrogance, and cocky attitude...if you can back it up...and nobody has been able to back it up like Herlings.
ocscottie
9/9/2016 3:27pm
He has grown up a lot, and been through a lot at the same time. Im a fan.
YamahaJT1
9/9/2016 4:06pm
Cool and candid...

I saw him rip it up in Charlotte. Interesting technique. He is a terrific rider, and this interview cements him as a good fellow.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
9/9/2016 4:38pm
kzizok wrote:
Sideways wrote:
No thats not why i meant.. He looks heavy on a 250. You could clearly see he had a big disadvantage compared to Prado at Assen...
No thats not why i meant.. He looks heavy on a 250. You could clearly see he had a big disadvantage compared to Prado at Assen for example. He is like 25kg heavier than guys like prado and forkner. And that makes a big difference on a 250, especially on a sand track. Just saying that a 450 will do him good!
Har! Just kiddin' with ya!
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
9/9/2016 4:40pm
ocscottie wrote:
He has grown up a lot, and been through a lot at the same time. Im a fan.
X2!
Motoman35
9/9/2016 5:08pm
Now I am even more of a fan! can't wait for this weekend
motomx88
9/9/2016 6:10pm
I'm glad I get to see him race for the first time this weekend. That was a humble interview.
Bearuno
9/9/2016 6:38pm
He's going to have to utterly rail the corners before the uphills and nail the downhills - well, everything this weekend.

Those 2 munchkins in the form of Forkner and Martin have some serious power to weight on him. I feel a bit of mechanical pity for Herlings bike every time I see him hammering the poor thing. He's a fugging big Dutchman...........................
YamahaJT1
9/9/2016 6:52pm
Bearuno wrote:
He's going to have to utterly rail the corners before the uphills and nail the downhills - well, everything this weekend. Those 2 munchkins in the...
He's going to have to utterly rail the corners before the uphills and nail the downhills - well, everything this weekend.

Those 2 munchkins in the form of Forkner and Martin have some serious power to weight on him. I feel a bit of mechanical pity for Herlings bike every time I see him hammering the poor thing. He's a fugging big Dutchman...........................
Yes... Jockey/Horse concept.

They'll get the up-hills and start.

He'll rule on the down-hills.

Pretty equal. "What goes up, must come down".

My $$$ is on Jmart for the Overall, but if JH or AF win, it'll be well deserved. Damn, cannot wait for the outcome!

Back on topic... Excellent JH84 interview!

agn5009
9/9/2016 6:59pm
RandyS wrote:

Fiar wrote:
There's always one guy. Who cares if he's faster in the sand? No one will ever dispute that except Antsie. Over the course of an entire series I believe Herlings and Webb would have amazing battles.

I like Herlings, I'm like a lot here. I didn't like his attitude all that much a few years ago but he's really impressed me with his maturity over the last year. I'm a big fan.
agn5009
9/9/2016 8:03pm
herlings is cool. his fanboys, not so much
That could be said about any Fanboys though
MotoX85
9/9/2016 8:51pm
I probably give this guy shit more than anyone but after watching is interview after Charlotte I have a little more respect for him. Couple little whines but nothing major. He did not have to try and beat Webb and Forkner, could have just worried about the championship and just cruised, but he didn't, he wanted to win and I give him props for that. Let's hope he keeps maturing so we can enjoy his ability on a bike.
cali11
9/9/2016 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2016 9:38pm
I will be rooting for him now that he is on the big bike! I like his attitude!
Skidaddle
9/9/2016 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2016 9:48pm
Other than saying who he is, He answered all the questions and never mentioned a single sponsor.

Astars amazing.
RG1
9/9/2016 10:49pm
RandyS wrote:

Fiar wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
There's always one guy. Who cares if he's faster in the sand? No one will ever dispute that except Antsie. Over the course of an entire...
There's always one guy. Who cares if he's faster in the sand? No one will ever dispute that except Antsie. Over the course of an entire series I believe Herlings and Webb would have amazing battles.

I like Herlings, I'm like a lot here. I didn't like his attitude all that much a few years ago but he's really impressed me with his maturity over the last year. I'm a big fan.
Nobody liked Herlings back in 2012, '13. He came to the Britsh GP and people were throwing stuff at him and everything. He really wasn't well liked, but that has changed a lot and he now has a lot of fans due to the way he has matured. Unfortunately you guys in the US never really got to see enough of him to change your perception of him until now
kongols
9/9/2016 11:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Did you watch it to the very end where he says...

"...bye the way, I have an R8 Spider AND a Lamborghini."
WoohooLaughingWoohooLaughing

Post a reply to: Interview with Herlings at Milestone. Talks webb, forkner and roczen

The Latest