Internet speed at the Riga Media Center

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 10/5/2014 8:33am
The fastest I have ever experienced at any venue. Room full of journalists pounding way and I was on Razi's Mac feeling like I was back in Hermosa Beach with Verizon FIOS.
|
kongols
10/1/2014 2:56am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 2:57am
We have second best speed in the world only next to South Korea.
jock
Fantasy
1st
10/1/2014 3:04am
And we have the slowest, just marginally above what the caveman had. Sad
Crush
10/1/2014 3:51am
jock wrote:
And we have the slowest, just marginally above what the caveman had. Sad
Right?

It took me 5 goes to post this ans...
stillwelding
10/1/2014 8:19am
kongols wrote:
Ours is strictly capitalism based, no government support for the end users, only for the companies that sell the bandwidth. Average US internet speed blows, for the base subscription rate.

The Shop

JeepnMike
10/1/2014 8:29am
Europe is faster in wireless speeds too (not just GP riders). Wireless (mobile) technology is usually at least one step ahead of where we are at in America. The good thing for them, they get the latest and greatest technology and speeds. The bad thing for them, they get the growing pains of learning what does and doesn't work first so they have the expense and headaches associated with using your network as the test-bed.

This is what I do for a living (core mobile network design and engineering), it has never been boring.. Always something new.
TeamGreen
10/1/2014 8:56am
JeepnMike wrote:
Europe is faster in wireless speeds too (not just GP riders). Wireless (mobile) technology is usually at least one step ahead of where we are at...
Europe is faster in wireless speeds too (not just GP riders). Wireless (mobile) technology is usually at least one step ahead of where we are at in America. The good thing for them, they get the latest and greatest technology and speeds. The bad thing for them, they get the growing pains of learning what does and doesn't work first so they have the expense and headaches associated with using your network as the test-bed.

This is what I do for a living (core mobile network design and engineering), it has never been boring.. Always something new.
Note to self: Contact JeepnMike with ANY Cell-System Q's...
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
10/1/2014 8:59am
Jennifer Lawrence pics at the speed of light
PressPassP
10/1/2014 9:03am
JeepnMike wrote:
Europe is faster in wireless speeds too (not just GP riders). Wireless (mobile) technology is usually at least one step ahead of where we are at...

What are your thoughts on this bollocks..Sad

https://youtu.be/wtt2aSV8wdw
JeepnMike
10/1/2014 9:17am
PressPassP wrote:

I blame Obama :D This looks like major rubbish though.. I don't follow conspiracies much, but it looks like they are trying to take away class of service or policy enforcement from the ISPs though and playing god with the internet.
PressPassP
10/1/2014 9:58am
PressPassP wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:
I blame Obama :D This looks like major rubbish though.. I don't follow conspiracies much, but it looks like they are trying to take away class...
I blame Obama :D This looks like major rubbish though.. I don't follow conspiracies much, but it looks like they are trying to take away class of service or policy enforcement from the ISPs though and playing god with the internet.
JeepnMike
10/1/2014 11:14am
Next thing you know we will be charged postage for emails too Wink Every wireless carrier uses QoS (in an LTE network that is called "policy charging") for it's subscribers based on the media you are using / watching / playing. This obviously goes way beyond that though.
OriolMassot
10/1/2014 2:02pm
kongols wrote:
I always though Iceland was the fastest. We have satellite internet or something strange that I've never understood here.

Any ranking?
The Rock
10/4/2014 11:10pm
The people who wanted to go and could have gone to Latvia but stayed home due to Ukraine issues your caution was unwarranted. I experienced low prices friendly people and only one person who was Russian not Latvian that didn't like Americans.

conwaymx
10/5/2014 4:40am
Really impressed by Latvia's infrastructure. I was in a field in the middle of nowhere shooting Reed and Deano and had full signal and 3G on my phone. that NEVER happens in the UK.
The Rock
10/5/2014 8:33am
My Samsung S4 still had WiFi from the Media Cente whilst in the infield. Sadly my buddy Razi's iPhone 4S' WiFi connection was history.

Post a reply to: Internet speed at the Riga Media Center

The Latest