Interesting tweet from Reed...

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/13/2011 7:47am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
... to me at least: CRtwotwo Chad Reed “@blinknac: @crtwotwo how about laying down a nacnac on the hot lap I keep hearing about the lame...
... to me at least:

CRtwotwo Chad Reed
“@blinknac: @crtwotwo how about laying down a nacnac on the hot lap I keep hearing about the lame hot lap Saturday.”we need 75 foot triples

---

He obviously implies that the triples are not 75 feet. I know they used to be and were that way for a long time. I believe they are 65 now? 60 maybe? I was actually thinking about this while watching the first round (while at the same time being a bit disappointed in the tame whoop section...). Anyway, my question is, why were the triples ever shortened in the first place? Too risky? Did somebody get hurt? Broken KTM triple clamps?
jndmx wrote:
Because the size of the stadium floors hasn't gotten any bigger. Part of what they can with the track layout is dependent on the space available...
Because the size of the stadium floors hasn't gotten any bigger.

Part of what they can with the track layout is dependent on the space available at the venue.
most of the triples have a pretty large amount of space before and after them, 5 ft each way would make very little difference in the space thats available
jndmx
1/13/2011 7:49am
most of the triples have a pretty large amount of space before and after them, 5 ft each way would make very little difference in the...
most of the triples have a pretty large amount of space before and after them, 5 ft each way would make very little difference in the space thats available
I'm just telling you what Rich from Dirt Wurx told me about the layout.

That extra 5 ft each way means another obstacle which adds to the laptimes or makes it more challenging to hit the triples.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/13/2011 8:01am
most of the triples have a pretty large amount of space before and after them, 5 ft each way would make very little difference in the...
jndmx wrote:
I'm just telling you what Rich from Dirt Wurx told me about the layout. That extra 5 ft each way means another obstacle which adds to...
I'm just telling you what Rich from Dirt Wurx told me about the layout.

That extra 5 ft each way means another obstacle which adds to the laptimes or makes it more challenging to hit the triples.
which would be exactly the purpose. The lap times are too short and the triples are too easy, problem solved.
Tell Rich to get on it!
lucero10x
1/13/2011 8:05am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2011 8:07am
If I were Feld I would be trying to figure out the balance between treacherous track and great racing. Bottom line is great racing, great story lines and some good old fashion drama put asses in the seats. Even for the casual observer, watching a 75' triple will become mundane after two laps, however, no one gets tired of some bar banging and actual racing.

I am sure the promoters know that taking out your marque guys in the first couple of rounds doesn't do shit for ticket sales later on in the series. A1 is going to be sold out whether it is hell track or a speedway.

The Shop

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/13/2011 8:14am
lucero10x wrote:
If I were Feld I would be trying to figure out the balance between treacherous track and great racing. Bottom line is great racing, great story...
If I were Feld I would be trying to figure out the balance between treacherous track and great racing. Bottom line is great racing, great story lines and some good old fashion drama put asses in the seats. Even for the casual observer, watching a 75' triple will become mundane after two laps, however, no one gets tired of some bar banging and actual racing.

I am sure the promoters know that taking out your marque guys in the first couple of rounds doesn't do shit for ticket sales later on in the series. A1 is going to be sold out whether it is hell track or a speedway.
if they cant nail it consitently it will make for closer racing
jndmx
1/13/2011 8:15am
which would be exactly the purpose. The lap times are too short and the triples are too easy, problem solved.
Tell Rich to get on it!
That won't increase laptimes instead it will make it difficult or dangerous for some of the bikes to hit the triple.
You will have guys rolling or double/singling through which will create a situation where riders can be landed on.
Another thing to consider is the fact that Feld has to approve the tracks so that is who actually has the final say on layout.

Trust me no one is a bigger fan of racing than Rich from Dirt Wurx, he has been involved since the beginning.
He first started in the business when Mike Goodwin was running it, before Pace or CC or Feld.
They are always trying to find a way to change things up and if you want to send him a note to tell him your thoughts use the contact page on their site I guarantee you they will answer you back.

http://www.dirtwurx.com/contact.php
lucero10x
1/13/2011 8:17am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2011 8:19am
lucero10x wrote:
If I were Feld I would be trying to figure out the balance between treacherous track and great racing. Bottom line is great racing, great story...

if they cant nail it consitently it will make for closer racing
If they can't nail it consistently it will make for ambulance rides. Seriously, pull your head out of your ass. Did you really say that? For your sake, I hope you are fishing right now.
toroP
1/13/2011 8:37am
In the Supercross of IQ, this crowd at Vital would not make the Main.
Reed did not initiate some complaint about the tracks, he responded to someone requesting a nac nac. CR seems to prefer a little more air time for the trick.
Is this still the off season? What's the big deal?

Post a reply to: Interesting tweet from Reed...

The Latest