Interesting statistics !!

Smitch
3/25/2012 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 11:07am
Jeremy won the title in 1996 at round 12 in Pontiac with three races to go. He finished the season 132 points ahead of second place.

RV is currently 79-points in the lead, but his only real competition is Millsaps who is 102 points down.

In 1999, Jeremy finished the series with an 83-point margin.
In 2001, Carmichael won by 64-points (and won 14/16 races).
In 2010 Ryan Dungey won by 70-points (as a rookie).

With 5-rounds to go, RV can break the record for the earliest title clinch (4-rounds remaining).
|
kawimoto_615
3/25/2012 8:46pm
good post, proves to more of his haters out there that he will go down as one of the best ever.
dak446
3/25/2012 9:50pm
good post, proves to more of his haters out there that he will go down as one of the best ever.
How? Reread his post.

It says RC won 14/16 races, yet won by only 64 points. RV won't win that many, yet he will win by a greater margin than 64. Why, you ask? Because ALL of the competition he has that is capable of competing with him hurt themselves.
BR_HERO
3/25/2012 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 11:23pm
dak446 wrote:
How? Reread his post. It says RC won 14/16 races, yet won by only 64 points. RV won't win that many, yet he will win by...
How? Reread his post.

It says RC won 14/16 races, yet won by only 64 points. RV won't win that many, yet he will win by a greater margin than 64. Why, you ask? Because ALL of the competition he has that is capable of competing with him hurt themselves.
You know when RV is doing everything right is when people will go so far to always discredit him. We know you don;t like RV but bagging on him in every thread get's old man, really old. You are really going to hate the outdoor season. Smile

Thanks for the stats and numbers OP. Pretty cool.
Smitch
3/26/2012 8:36am
Jeremy had LaRocco, Lusk, Henry, Larry Ward, and Jeff Emig to contend with.
RC had Vuillemin, McGrath, Lusk, LaRocco, Windham, and a four stroke mounted Tim Ferry to deal with.
There is always attrition to deal with during a racing season, and the best way to win any series is to win races.

RV has taken on all comers this year and last year. I don't think we can fault him in any way.

The Shop

3/26/2012 8:50am
I bet RC is saying to himself, why did I retire if I had known James was going to self destruct I would still be winning.
Smitch
3/26/2012 5:53pm
The statement assumes that RC left to avoid James...

But when did RC say THAT?
Dano39
3/26/2012 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2012 6:34pm
Smitch wrote:
The statement assumes that RC left to avoid James...

But when did RC say THAT?
I've seen that implied before but never believed it either. I was watching one of the older race video's on "teyblyy's" youtube channel, RC was still on a 125 at that time... Davey Coombs reported that a young RC himself said he wasn't hanging around forever as a racer. Davey just laughed and said something like "yeah.. .we'll see about that".

But, that's what happened.
Smitch
3/28/2012 4:12pm
Bubba Luvvahs needed something to ease the pain of their guy getting dominated by Ricky Carmichael, so they invented the "Our guy scared RC out of racing!" tag line to meliorate reality. It was a good try.
Smitch
3/28/2012 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2012 4:15pm
3/28/2012 4:17pm
I dont think very many Budda fans know the meaning of meliorate.
Smitch
3/28/2012 4:18pm
Shh...
mx757
3/28/2012 6:13pm
However, MC did his in a 16 race season, theres now 17 races in the series, meaning one extra race to give him more time to pick up extra points. And, MC and RC both did it with their competition in for the whole series. Its easy to dominate when the next 4 top riders are all out...
sxracer68
3/28/2012 6:47pm
It's not Villopotos fault those guys went out trying to run his pace. Those guys need to learn to ride to their own potential and not try to keep up with RV.
Trent179
3/28/2012 6:50pm
Halfast816 wrote:
I bet RC is saying to himself, why did I retire if I had known James was going to self destruct I would still be winning.
Or he is saying... Fuck I'm glad I didn't have to race rv for a title. I couldn't touch him at des nations.
Trent179
3/28/2012 7:04pm
I love rc but I think there are a couple of guys in the 450s that are as good if not better than he was. Honestly believe that. Reed even admits that he was going faster than he ever has. K-dub hints around that rv is going as good or better than anyone he's ever raced. I think these kids studied what rc did and matched it.
Dano39
3/28/2012 7:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2012 7:29pm
sxracer68 wrote:
It's not Villopotos fault those guys went out trying to run his pace. Those guys need to learn to ride to their own potential and not...
It's not Villopotos fault those guys went out trying to run his pace. Those guys need to learn to ride to their own potential and not try to keep up with RV.
I like RV so don't take this the wrong but, it doesn't matter that it's not his fault, statistically speaking it's easier to wrap a title early when your competition crashes themselves out. No one can deny that they all showed up healthy and ready to go at the start, so that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the title.
3/29/2012 4:12am
sxracer68 wrote:
It's not Villopotos fault those guys went out trying to run his pace. Those guys need to learn to ride to their own potential and not...
Dano39 wrote:
I like RV so don't take this the wrong but, it doesn't matter that it's not his fault, [i]statistically [/i]speaking it's easier to wrap a title...
I like RV so don't take this the wrong but, it doesn't matter that it's not his fault, statistically speaking it's easier to wrap a title early when your competition crashes themselves out. No one can deny that they all showed up healthy and ready to go at the start, so that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the title.
I like RV but this is true,the points gap is flattering with his 4 main contenders out but its racing and it happens
I'd have put my money on RV at the start of the season,I guess he'd have been favorite and even when everyone was fit he still looked to be the man
The margin he could win by could be so big because all the other points scored over the season will end up being distributed across more riders,but that's not his fault,shit happens,oh and he's awesome Smile
BobbyM
3/29/2012 6:56am
dak446 wrote:
How? Reread his post. It says RC won 14/16 races, yet won by only 64 points. RV won't win that many, yet he will win by...
How? Reread his post.

BR_HERO wrote:
You know when RV is doing everything right is when people will go so far to always discredit him. We know you don;t like RV but...
You know when RV is doing everything right is when people will go so far to always discredit him. We know you don;t like RV but bagging on him in every thread get's old man, really old. You are really going to hate the outdoor season. Smile

Thanks for the stats and numbers OP. Pretty cool.
i am not an RV fan so to speak but to deny that he is the fastest man in the world is insane. the man is simply the best...the best that ever was? who knows but right now he is the best. after watching him race this year how can you say he isn't?
BobbyM
3/29/2012 6:57am
Trent179 wrote:
I love rc but I think there are a couple of guys in the 450s that are as good if not better than he was. Honestly...
I love rc but I think there are a couple of guys in the 450s that are as good if not better than he was. Honestly believe that. Reed even admits that he was going faster than he ever has. K-dub hints around that rv is going as good or better than anyone he's ever raced. I think these kids studied what rc did and matched it.
bullshit
3/29/2012 7:54am
Trent179 wrote:
I love rc but I think there are a couple of guys in the 450s that are as good if not better than he was. Honestly...
BobbyM wrote:
bullshit
But what if you throw a bit of technology into the mix?
Dano39
3/29/2012 11:07am
Trent179 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
bullshit
I agree.

To me, and I can be wrong... I've never seen anyone ride a Supercross track faster than James Stewart when he was "on". And I am not a JS7 fan at all.

Also, I've never seen anyone ride an outdoor track faster than Ricky Carmichael. Especially the years where James Stewart. was racing against him.

Now this is just my opinion from watching races and seeing what the bikes do when they were making a living at riding on the edge of destruction. You know, where your jaw just stays DROPPED and you can't believe the shit you are seeing. Anybody else remember watching the races like that? ANYBODY?

And of course CR22 can say he's riding faster than ever, HE IS! He wasn't at that level. At least not outdoors. He was close in SX.

I love watching the new guys(Ice Trey, Dunge, RV, Wilson and BamBam etc) more than ever. So no disrespect to those guys meant at all.

So tell me if I'm crazy stupid if you disagree, or tell me if what I say has some merit to it folks... Either way, I love the racing no doubt. It's allllllll good

Post a reply to: Interesting statistics !!

The Latest