Instead of the another Stewart/FIM/AMA post

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 10:13am
How about first commenting on ando's post?

BTW a friend of mine couldn't understand why James is banned from outdoors too but I couldn't find the words to answer the question even though I know why. Anyone care to take a shot at it?
|
Skippie
12/18/2014 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2014 7:10pm
AMA is a member of the FIM. Also that hyperlink no worky.
Clutchy
12/18/2014 7:23pm
You start a stew thread 7,007 and the damm thing doesnt work..... FAIL

The Shop

DownSouth
12/18/2014 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2014 7:47pm
The AMA nationals use USADA who are a signatory to WADA.

From the 2015 WADA code page 77-78 https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada-2015-world…

10.12 Status during Ineligibility

10.12.1 Prohibition against Participation during
Ineligibility.

No Athlete or other Person who has been declared
Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility,
participate in any capacity in a Competition
or activity (other than authorized anti-doping
education or rehabilitation programs) authorized
or organized by any Signatory, Signatory’s
member organization, or a club or other
member organization of a Signatory’s member
organization, or in Competitions authorized or
organized by any professional league or any
international- or national-level Event organization
or any elite or national-level sporting activity
funded by a governmental agency.

It appears that once WADA suspends or declares an individual ineligible you do not get to compete anywhere, no AMA nationals, no Canadian nationals, no GNCC, etc.

This is what Lance Armstrong is dealing with. This was not even a race or competition, juts a sanctioned cycling ride event

Headline from the article.

"WADA rule prohibits suspended athletes from taking part in any event or activity"

wardy
12/18/2014 9:42pm
Time to put on riding clinics all over the country. He would do it well.
The Rock
12/19/2014 9:25am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 10:09am
Thank you Stephanie SEE ARE125 and Skippie. I wonder how many that continue to rail against the FIM read Wedge's comments?

After reading his take on things I have a much better understanding why the FIM did what they did.

You bring WADA to the party and they decide "what music is played" end of story.

EDIT oh how I dislike auto correct RE Weege becoming Wedge
Fraser
12/19/2014 9:38am
Its also worth remembering it was the Indian lawyer that cam up with the penalty, not the FIM. if your's a fan that is so incensed by the ruling that you need to have a go at someone, he might be the person you should be aiming comments at.
There again he was in possession of ALL the facts around this case when he came to his decision (unlike any of us) so I'd reckon it was pretty fair.
The Rock
12/19/2014 10:13am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 10:19am
The public doesn't need facts to come up with a position and this seems to be more of an American thing based on the participation in the 17,001 Stewart threads.

This thing is so complex it took me a few days to really absorb the whole deal and is why I refrained from participating in the "round up the posse boys!" mentality around this undertstandably volatile subject.

I couldn't be more disappointed for James and for me and other true fans. Life however sometimes life is a bitch and it sure as hell isn't fair either in my experience. Up until I realized WADA is driving the bus I was still holding out hope James will be at A1 but it isn't going to be happening from what I can see.

Seriously at this point how could it possibly happen? Feld understandably won't blow off the FIM and the AMA so unless Feld is planning on going outlaw on us we now can understand why James wasn't in the Feld promo (CBS yeah?) SX Preview Show.

Post a reply to: Instead of the another Stewart/FIM/AMA post

The Latest