Inspirational vid of the day. 1 armed MX'er!

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 7/5/2013 1:22pm
You guys gotta check this guy out! Max (www.toofastmediagroup.com) posted this in our vid section, really amazing dude!!

Watch: The Fastest One Armed Motocrosser in the World

We had the pleasure of meeting a truly inspirational character called Craig Parks at the weekend. Motocross is a tough sport for anyone and everyone so we were blown away when we found out that Craig, who lost his right arm in an accident a few years ago, passion is riding Motocross and he continues to do so without his arm. As you will see from the film he doesn't just ride, he hauls ass & hits all the big jumps and shows many of the riders the way round the track !! We have absolute respect for this guy....#inspiration
|
jeffro503
5/17/2012 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2012 5:25pm
Haven't watched the video yet Scottie , but I used to ride with a guy up at Mtn View a lot of guys up here in the NW may remember. His name was Chad and he was missing a leg. Saw him race a 250 Junior class race , wrecked pretty good and his leg flew off......scared the living shit out of every single person in the stands....including me.....cause I didn't remember he had a fake leg! Ahhhh.....good times....and I guess he laughed about it afterwords. Smile
jimmie
5/17/2012 5:46pm
Awesome. Caught myself yellin' for him to pass the dude ahead of him!Woohoo

Thanks for posting.
5/17/2012 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2012 8:16am

Man...
That Dude just amazed me beyond words.

I have tried a left handed throttle and believe me it is so much harder than I ever imagined and I have both arms.
The guy is truly inspirational.

I don't want to make assumptions for the guy, but I sure imagine that a Rekluse would make things 10X better. He was clutching the thing while turning the throttle!

Again I don't want to make assumptions, but I would definitely pitch in for a Rekluse for him.

Does anyone know him?

ocscottie
5/17/2012 6:30pm
Does anyone know him?

I can get you in touch with someone that does...

The Shop

5/17/2012 6:35pm
ocscottie wrote:
Does anyone know him?

IF he is interested we could start a PayPal for a Recluse.
You always have to consider that sometimes people don't want to be given things.
So he would have to accept the help 1st.

ocscottie
5/17/2012 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2012 6:51pm
I sent a msg to Max (who shot and uploaded the vid here) through twitter and told him to come have a look at this thread.

btw: they are over in the UK, and prob crashed out, hopefully we hear something from Max tomorrow.
Highsider
5/17/2012 7:10pm
In the late seventies, I helped out a 125 racer that only had a left arm.
We switched the throttle and front brake to the clutch side, obviously.
Have you ever tried twisting the throttle FORWARD to go and BACK to slow?
At the same time keeping a pipey 125 singing with alot of clutch action.
I have a photo of him launch off a good-sized jump.
5/17/2012 7:40pm
Back in the late 90's there was an AMA pro with only one arm. I remember seeing him out in practice at the 98 tampa supercross.
5/17/2012 7:57pm
kaboom645 wrote:
Back in the late 90's there was an AMA pro with only one arm. I remember seeing him out in practice at the 98 tampa supercross.
Seriously?
Are you sure.
5/17/2012 8:05pm
Seriously?
Are you sure.
Yes, 100% sure. I was wrenching for a friend that day and we both were awestruck, not only that the guy could ride, but was fast enough to try and qualify for a SX. I do believe MXA did an article about the guy around the same time frame, but for the life of me I cant remember the guys name.
docweedon
5/17/2012 8:09pm
When I used to race Perris back in the 90s' there used to be a one armed rider that used to race the Intermediate class. That dude made it looks easy. No prosthetic arm, just huckin' the huge jumps one handed. It was crazy! Props to him and the guy in the vid!
ocscottie
5/17/2012 9:47pm
kaboom645 wrote:
Seriously?
Are you sure.
Yep, as the link he posted above shows, Harold is a beast! Matt (MXPTV) has done a bunch of vids about him. Here is one of them:

https://youtu.be/k9RaViOP9QY
35smom
5/18/2012 12:43am
kaboom645 wrote:
Seriously?
Are you sure.
Yep. Its Harold Glissen...and Rekluse helps him. They are good people
pecu_83
5/18/2012 1:06am
Awesome!! (all of them actually :D)
J2s
5/18/2012 3:16am
ocscottie wrote:
I sent a msg to Max (who shot and uploaded the vid here) through twitter and told him to come have a look at this thread...
I sent a msg to Max (who shot and uploaded the vid here) through twitter and told him to come have a look at this thread.

btw: they are over in the UK, and prob crashed out, hopefully we hear something from Max tomorrow.
I've rode with him a few times and raced go karts he's super quick in a rotax
Top bloke alround
ocscottie
5/18/2012 3:29am
ocscottie wrote:
Does anyone know him?

. IF he is interested we could start a PayPal for a Recluse. You always have to consider that sometimes people don't want to be given...

IF he is interested we could start a PayPal for a Recluse.
You always have to consider that sometimes people don't want to be given things.
So he would have to accept the help 1st.

Andy, I got this reply from Max on twit: Hey Scottie, thanks a lot for posting it in the forum and everywhere else! I'll speak to Craig today and send the link to the forum and we'll see what he has to say! he's a really cool guy, so i should think that he will be pumped!

btw: how much are we looking at for a Recluse??

...and thanks dude! as much grief this forum gets, there is always those few occasions where we rise above.

Good for lookin' out bud!! Cool
reded
5/18/2012 3:45am
Thanks Scottie, I now feel like an even bigger puss than I did before reading this thread. I have a helluva time with both arms and these guys are tearing it up with ONE? Amazing!
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
279th
5/18/2012 4:49am
Highsider wrote:
In the late seventies, I helped out a 125 racer that only had a left arm. We switched the throttle and front brake to the clutch...
In the late seventies, I helped out a 125 racer that only had a left arm.
We switched the throttle and front brake to the clutch side, obviously.
Have you ever tried twisting the throttle FORWARD to go and BACK to slow?
At the same time keeping a pipey 125 singing with alot of clutch action.
I have a photo of him launch off a good-sized jump.
Allen Paris?
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/18/2012 6:28am
Wow! okay, I feel slow.
Robgvx
5/18/2012 6:39am
How would you feel being passed by a guy with one arm! Smile

Amazing rider.

Nice to see Elsworth (with the helmet cam) again. Haven't been to that track for years.
YAKMX
5/18/2012 8:06am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2012 8:07am
We have two racers in the Western NY area that race with one arm. One is senior racer Dave Jackson and the other is Jr. mini racer Drake Smeltz from near Miles Mt. racetrack. My friend raced Dave in the early 90's and got beat by him. I asked him after the race whats next ?He said I will probably get the s*&t kicked out of me by a one legged guy.http://youtu.be/BFoFTEr_9N0 Here is an interview I did with Drake Smeltz earlier this year.
5/18/2012 12:05pm
. Man... That Dude just amazed me beyond words. I have tried a left handed throttle and believe me it is so much harder than I...

Man...

I have tried a left handed throttle and believe me it is so much harder than I ever imagined and I have both arms.

I don't want to make assumptions for the guy, but I sure imagine that a Rekluse would make things 10X better. He was clutching the thing while turning the throttle!

Again I don't want to make assumptions, but I would definitely pitch in for a Rekluse for him.

Does anyone know him?

Its me,,
A recluse clutch would be amazing!!
This video has taken off!!! been riding for 6 years but just recetly been filmed,,,

Fell free to get in touch craig,parks.cp@gmail.com or contact Too Fast Films who are the best.com
5/18/2012 12:11pm
ocscottie wrote:
You guys gotta check this guy out! Max (www.toofastmediagroup.com) posted this in our vid section, really amazing dude!! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/spotlights/6728/b/c235x132_ArmAV.jpg[/img] Watch: [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/The-Fastest-One-Armed-Motocrosser-in-the-World,6419/www-toofastfilms-com,23566]The Fastest One Armed Motocrosser in...
You guys gotta check this guy out! Max (www.toofastmediagroup.com) posted this in our vid section, really amazing dude!!

Watch: The Fastest One Armed Motocrosser in the World

We had the pleasure of meeting a truly inspirational character called Craig Parks at the weekend. Motocross is a tough sport for anyone and everyone so we were blown away when we found out that Craig, who lost his right arm in an accident a few years ago, passion is riding Motocross and he continues to do so without his arm. As you will see from the film he doesn't just ride, he hauls ass & hits all the big jumps and shows many of the riders the way round the track !! We have absolute respect for this guy....#inspiration
BBBBRRRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/18/2012 12:13pm
. Man... That Dude just amazed me beyond words. I have tried a left handed throttle and believe me it is so much harder than I...

Man...

Does anyone know him?

Im him,

craig.parks.cp@gmail.com

You guys are the best
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
279th
5/18/2012 2:43pm
MX Dad #27 wrote:
Allen Paris?
Highsider wrote:
Yep. Good memory. [IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Highsider2/wilcox-1-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
Yep. Good memory.
He was married to my cousin Paula. He was a Wide Receiver and played basket ball. His Dad ran him over with a Disk when he was 3.
5/18/2012 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2012 8:16am
ocscottie wrote:
Andy, I got this reply from Max on twit: [i]Hey Scottie, thanks a lot for posting it in the forum and everywhere else! I'll speak to...
Andy, I got this reply from Max on twit: Hey Scottie, thanks a lot for posting it in the forum and everywhere else! I'll speak to Craig today and send the link to the forum and we'll see what he has to say! he's a really cool guy, so i should think that he will be pumped!

btw: how much are we looking at for a Recluse??

...and thanks dude! as much grief this forum gets, there is always those few occasions where we rise above.

Good for lookin' out bud!! Cool

Not sure how much they cost.
It would be great if a bunch of us could make it happen.
I will call Rekluse Monday.

Craig, what bike and year?

Post a reply to: Inspirational vid of the day. 1 armed MX'er!

The Latest