Inside the outdoors series

Edited Date/Time 12/11/2012 12:46am
Is anyone else finding that the hole new series is making motocross look depressing and pointless? It shows/showing the worst side of our sport. I'm all caught up with the series and to be straight up its totaly changing my outlook. Every interview makes me feel like the rider wishes they never got a bike? In some ways though it has made my opinion on certain risers change in a hole new way.
|
jndmx
12/9/2012 4:52pm
I disagree.

I think the new episodes definintely paint a more realistic picture but I don't view that as a bad thing.
Look at how many shows have been done about other sports which show the less glamorous side of their particular sport.
Hell watch the news and you will see the downside of football and baseball.

I think you have to show the reality of the sport in order to make folks understand how much it takes to make it and the amount of work and sacrifice these guys put in.
burnside
12/9/2012 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2012 5:35pm
I think this is the best documentation of mx we've ever seen. Troy adamatis is a true asset to our sport. We should enjoy his films while they last before HBO nabs him to make boxing films or something hah.There's hundreds of hollow, glossy Moto videos popping up each month , but troy and his crew are the best story tellers in the business. Hands down.And so what if its ugly, it's real.

I'd love to see them get access to shoot a sx version.
IceMan446
12/9/2012 8:30pm
Its real life and I really enjoy seeing the other side of the sport.

I wish it was longer then 6 episodes though. He deserves more and he has proved that Fuel not helping him out was a bad choice.

The Shop

12/9/2012 8:53pm
its good, we see too much of the glitz and glamour ever weekend... its refreshing to see the hardships and get some kind of insight of to what some rider are actually going through.
RealityZ
12/9/2012 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2012 10:59pm
This sport needs more storytellers like Adamitis.

Hopefully more follow suite
TDeath21
12/9/2012 9:42pm
I like it because it goes behind the scenes of all the riders and what they're going through. All too often we as a society forget that athletes are human beings as well, and they have their own struggles. So far they've focused on struggling riders from last season. Maybe later on they'll go behind the scenes on a successful rider and your perspective will change.
stizzle
12/9/2012 11:19pm
The truth hurts.

I think this season of the show has been the best ever. The sport can benefit from more reporting of this caliber.
Neutra
12/10/2012 12:01am
Best show I've seen about Mx. Period.
Crush
12/10/2012 12:48am
It's quite unbelievable to me that Supercross/Feld or The National promoters/MXSports haven't about fully funded these guys to do all promo material for the sport...

They put together far better shit than what usually comes out and seeing Adamitis had to put up his own cash to help get this year started you can only assume the budget is nothing...
12/10/2012 2:22am
Overall I like the series and it's definitely been an education. But I also find some of it a little bit annoying and somewhat depressing. There's no doubt these riders go through a lot but as I said on another forum, they're still in a far more enviable position than many of us. Very few people can afford to fail in what they do and then continue to live the lifestyle they want. That's not exclusive to struggling Pro MXers, that's the same for the vast majority.

Again, I'm not saying it isn't interesting or that these riders don't go through a hell of a lot - obviously the chance of injury is especially high in comparison to other careers, as well as the physical demands. But I also think it's worth remembering the above point, especially in regards to the extraordinary economic times we find ourselves in.
12/10/2012 4:16am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2012 4:17am
stizzle wrote:
The truth hurts.

I think this season of the show has been the best ever. The sport can benefit from more reporting of this caliber.
That and tv-surfers alike love drama. They love seeing people try hard and not be successful, makes 'em feel better about themselves in their normal lives or something......

If anything it'll pull a larger viewing population and better ratings.
nb11
12/10/2012 7:15am
Is episode 4 up yet? I just have basic tv. Anybody have a link?
12/10/2012 7:50am
Is anyone else finding that the hole new series is making motocross look depressing and pointless? It shows/showing the worst side of our sport. I'm all...
Is anyone else finding that the hole new series is making motocross look depressing and pointless? It shows/showing the worst side of our sport. I'm all caught up with the series and to be straight up its totaly changing my outlook. Every interview makes me feel like the rider wishes they never got a bike? In some ways though it has made my opinion on certain risers change in a hole new way.
It's like the Hole sport is falling down a bottomless Whole
MiSledder
12/10/2012 8:11am
Best show on TV, It's real and it's not about the the top 5 guys, I am addicted :beerscheers:
12/10/2012 12:08pm
Just an educated guess but.... This is usually what happens when film makers have tons of un-used footage from making the show for the last few years and not much of a budget to go on. Notice they only made 6 episodes this season and a good portion of the footage is from years past..That being said I love this season so it works.
jmx411
12/10/2012 12:44pm
Yea Motocross is a cut-throat sport, but so is most things professionally. Musicians and stick and ball sports all go through drama and crap to make it to the top level. Yes only a small % of guys make a living at motocross, but think of all the kids that play baseball and how many actually make a great living at it. My parents spent as much on me traveling the country for baseball as we did on motocross. Yes I got a scholarship but no big pro contract after my elbow blew up.

What I'm trying to say, when you try to be at the top of your game it is a lot shittier at the top than you think
burnside
12/10/2012 3:45pm
Just an educated guess but.... This is usually what happens when film makers have tons of un-used footage from making the show for the last few...
Just an educated guess but.... This is usually what happens when film makers have tons of un-used footage from making the show for the last few years and not much of a budget to go on. Notice they only made 6 episodes this season and a good portion of the footage is from years past..That being said I love this season so it works.
Fair point but nothing wrong with that, they have such vast archive footage they can draw from and these stories and themes are timeless. unlike the actual racing and results that we can barely remember a year later.
Sully22
12/10/2012 4:17pm
yea, i don't see that at all...for me it shows the hard work and dedication it takes to make it at the top level of our sport....
mjskier
12/10/2012 6:48pm
It's quite unbelievable to me that Supercross/Feld or The National promoters/MXSports haven't about fully funded these guys to do all promo material for the sport...

The current show is the opposite of a promo. If more wanna be moto dads were to watch it they might realize that having maybe 10 people make a living at it might not be worth sacrificing little Johnny's health and future on a crap shot.
At least with balls and sticks sports or music, as mentioned above, the odds are more or less in your favor that you won't end up in the hospital on a regular basis. And you'll probably have a college education if you don't make it.
Hando
12/10/2012 9:53pm
Is anyone else finding that the hole new series is making motocross look depressing and pointless? It shows/showing the worst side of our sport. I'm all...
i agree..its a sport on the decline.

still love it to death and will always have a bike
Cigaro
12/10/2012 9:57pm
I'm liking tonight's episode better then the 4 previous depressing ones. Last one should be good...
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
12/10/2012 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2012 11:48pm
Did episode 5 play tonight? Anyone found linkage yet?
Aaron_Hart
Fantasy
2432nd
12/11/2012 12:04am
where is episode 3? cant seem to find it on youtube
Lightning78
12/11/2012 12:46am
Dudes .... Dudes .... Duuuudes! thepiratebay.se is your friend, there is a "slick" fella, friendly to moto on there that has EVERY Inside the Moto AND all the seasons sx/mx races uploaded the next day or less.

For those of us that know how to use this service, we very much appreciate the work you do sir thank you very much Mr Slick

Post a reply to: Inside the outdoors series

The Latest