Inside Team USA at the 2015 MXoN Ernee, France

robkinuk
10/5/2015 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2015 5:11am
Part 2 of my blog on the Motocross of Nations is now published...........

Here's a link: http://wp.me/pFSLg-k6

Look forward to your comments!

If you like my blog please comment or better still subscribe on Wordpress,
Cheers,
Rob
|
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
10/5/2015 12:41pm
Thanks, Rob. Great stuff as always!
robkinuk
10/6/2015 2:17am
Thanks Avid, but has the Vital crew fallen out of love with Team USA?Shocked Your young guys lost to the home team by a very narrow margin and each rider performed above and beyond their expectations,
There were very few American fans in Ernee, apart from Team crew and family. Will it take another win for American's to get behind this great event again?????????.....................................Unsure
robkinuk
10/6/2015 2:26am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2015 2:29am

This girls excited by Team USA!
Sorry GIF didn't load.................................

robkinuk
10/6/2015 2:35am
The burning question on everyone's lips at Ernee. What did the 24MX promo girls leg tattoo say?

A closer view:

The Shop

jamma10
10/6/2015 3:24am
I think it's latin for; Rob, please stop perving!
10/6/2015 8:24am
robkinuk wrote:
Thanks Avid, but has the Vital crew fallen out of love with Team USA?:ohmy: Your young guys lost to the home team by a very narrow...
Thanks Avid, but has the Vital crew fallen out of love with Team USA?Shocked Your young guys lost to the home team by a very narrow margin and each rider performed above and beyond their expectations,
There were very few American fans in Ernee, apart from Team crew and family. Will it take another win for American's to get behind this great event again?????????.....................................Unsure
I'm still passionate about the team and I think they did a great job this year. Can't win them all, but the team is going in the right direction! Can't be mad considering the team was majorly mxdn virgins. Cooper did well, made some mistakes that anyone could easily make. Bambam rode with great intensity and just couldn't get the start last moto and he even said its all about the starts. They did great.

I'd love to see RF1 Transition to the states.
jeffro503
10/6/2015 8:30am
The last 4yrs that we haven't won it , we've been consistently on the box in 2nd or 3rd. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. And like a lot of American's on here ( including myself ) got up in the middle of the night until early morning both days to watch the race. You can't really support it any more than that unless you're actually there.
robkinuk
10/6/2015 11:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
The last 4yrs that we haven't won it , we've been consistently on the box in 2nd or 3rd. Nothing to be ashamed of at all...
The last 4yrs that we haven't won it , we've been consistently on the box in 2nd or 3rd. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. And like a lot of American's on here ( including myself ) got up in the middle of the night until early morning both days to watch the race. You can't really support it any more than that unless you're actually there.
Jeffro, I wasn't busting your balls for not being there in person, just trying to assess the vibe on here. Appreciate you guys getting up in the middle of the night to watch MXoN show live, that's hardcore! As Matthes said elsewhere, there were only 2 USmedia journalists present at Ernee, himself and Jason Thomas. Guess most of the other mags/US Media used foreign based contributors. I know my friend Dave Bulmer did the report in Cycle News online.
Perhaps if the script goes to plan, Team USA will send another Dream Team for the 30th anniversary of Maggiora 86, Team USA will again win and guarantee a massive crowd at Glen Helen for Sept 2017!

Do you think it will surpass Budds Creek 2007 at 50,000 +?
jeffro503
10/6/2015 12:49pm
I'm not sure on the attendance but i know for a fact I'll be at GH when it's time. Wouldn't miss it unless I'm in jail or dead.

I was bummed at the lack of the US media too. But it seems a lot of the affiliates did a good job of covering the event. I was actually more excited this year than i have in a while. Had me on the edge of my seat during the whole thing.
jeffro503
10/6/2015 12:52pm
Oh....also the 2007 mxon was probably the best we'll see for a while. Attendance and everything else went down after the market crashed. It's getting better i think but it's nothing like it was 7 - 8 years ago. So who knows.
robkinuk
10/7/2015 2:25am
jeffro503 wrote:
Oh....also the 2007 mxon was probably the best we'll see for a while. Attendance and everything else went down after the market crashed. It's getting better...
Oh....also the 2007 mxon was probably the best we'll see for a while. Attendance and everything else went down after the market crashed. It's getting better i think but it's nothing like it was 7 - 8 years ago. So who knows.
Do you think the east coast fans are more "hardcore" than perhaps the So-Cal crowd?, perhaps more into the MXDN thing, riding for your country, patriotism etc., They certainly turned out in their thousands at Budds Creek back in 2007!

California is recognised as the centre of the industry in US, but aside from the ill fated Indian reservation cancelled MXDN, there has never been an MXDN on the West Coast.
I hope for Bud Feldcamp, that everyone gets behind this great event. It must be on the top of every core moto fans bucket list to do!
The Rock
10/7/2015 2:43am
You said it Rob there has never been an MXdN on the West coast so the jury is still out on which coast is the most hard core. Looking forward to 2017 MXdN a lot as many fans are but for sure we're in a different economy than what we were in 2007. Everybody and their brother had a big motor home at Glen Helen back then.

Great seeing you and your mates. Thanks for the lift Saturday morning.
robkinuk
10/8/2015 5:11am
The Rock wrote:
You said it Rob there has never been an MXdN on the West coast so the jury is still out on which coast is the most...
You said it Rob there has never been an MXdN on the West coast so the jury is still out on which coast is the most hard core. Looking forward to 2017 MXdN a lot as many fans are but for sure we're in a different economy than what we were in 2007. Everybody and their brother had a big motor home at Glen Helen back then.

Great seeing you and your mates. Thanks for the lift Saturday morning.
No problem Rock, enjoyed your company at the Youthstream Awards, sharing that "sinking feeling" as the legs of our chairs sank further into the start straight!ShockedSilly and the dinner after with Lex and Nicola!
My nephew Joel really enjoyed those Macadamia nuts, make sure you bring more to Maggiora in 2016!

Post a reply to: Inside Team USA at the 2015 MXoN Ernee, France

The Latest