Injured mid-pack MX2 rider holds Dungey for 80% of the Moto

motoplook
9/28/2014 6:10am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 10:52pm
Well done Tonkov. Not allowed to ride by his doc, goes for his first 450 race and holds on the Dung for more than half of the moto. arf, arf, arf
|
Crush
9/28/2014 7:06am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 7:06am
Go fuck a goat Borat.
hillbilly
9/28/2014 7:11am
motoplook wrote:
Well done Tonkov. Not allowed to ride by his doc, goes for his first 450 race and holds on the Dung for more than half of...
Well done Tonkov. Not allowed to ride by his doc, goes for his first 450 race and holds on the Dung for more than half of the moto. arf, arf, arf
They said RD bike was stuck in 2nd gear.
Lightning78
9/28/2014 7:17am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 9:09am
Duuuuuuude we go beat ....and beat by FRACE, I cant believe Dungey and Martin let us down. I guess RC, MC, Emig, and Windham should come out of retirement to be MEN and win the MXoN for us and include JS7 because he'll at least hang it out to WIN I cant accept Dungey got held up by anyone, he should've made the pass ....hard to pass or not track he is known for NEVER pulling the trigger on passing.

Edit: I was being cheeky but after re-reading it that came off a little harsh, I guess it was the sting of the loss I stayed up all night to watch

There is a little hint of sarcasm in my post but SERIOUSLY im bummed we lost and relegated to 3rd place beat by France and Belgium.I feel like as heavy favorites as we have been in the past we shouldve had this one as well ...my day is ruined.

The Shop

Motoxdoc
9/28/2014 7:30am
Duuuuuuude we go beat ....and beat by FRACE, I cant believe Dungey and Martin let us down. I guess RC, MC, Emig, and Windham should come...
Duuuuuuude we go beat ....and beat by FRACE, I cant believe Dungey and Martin let us down. I guess RC, MC, Emig, and Windham should come out of retirement to be MEN and win the MXoN for us and include JS7 because he'll at least hang it out to WIN I cant accept Dungey got held up by anyone, he should've made the pass ....hard to pass or not track he is known for NEVER pulling the trigger on passing.

Edit: I was being cheeky but after re-reading it that came off a little harsh, I guess it was the sting of the loss I stayed up all night to watch

There is a little hint of sarcasm in my post but SERIOUSLY im bummed we lost and relegated to 3rd place beat by France and Belgium.I feel like as heavy favorites as we have been in the past we shouldve had this one as well ...my day is ruined.
Dungey and Martin DID NOT LET US DOWN. Don't let it ruin your day. Get over your "American exceptionalism." .....France and Belgium just rode extremely well!
mx836
9/28/2014 7:35am
Duuuuuuude we go beat ....and beat by FRACE, I cant believe Dungey and Martin let us down. I guess RC, MC, Emig, and Windham should come...

Let us down....lol

Who else should have gone? They gave it their best and don't owe you anything.
bd
9/28/2014 9:26am

Were lucky Martin was able to race after his swan dive. There is luck involved when winning these events.... no matter what country wins. France was the better team.

In my opinion, we need need to send someone other than Dungey.
SquidBro
9/28/2014 9:29am
bd wrote:
Were lucky Martin was able to race after his swan dive. There is luck involved when winning these events.... no matter what country wins. France was...
Were lucky Martin was able to race after his swan dive. There is luck involved when winning these events.... no matter what country wins. France was the better team.

"In my opinion, we need need to send someone other than Dungey."

So the U.S.A can finish off the box, right?????
Frog #1
9/28/2014 9:42am
Dungey's riding style is great for a long series, that's why he's called the diesel. But for one race championships where starts or being able to come thru the pack is everything-he's not the guy. We've all seen it at the Nationals and SX, all the announcers have commented on it. He's not going to do a Tomac like today ever! I'm from Minnesota and think highly of him at a rider and a person, but the race doesn't fit him. But unlike like RV he's stepped up and answered the bell!
bd
9/28/2014 9:46am
bd wrote:
Were lucky Martin was able to race after his swan dive. There is luck involved when winning these events.... no matter what country wins. France was...

SquidBro wrote:
"In my opinion, we need need to send someone other than Dungey."

So the U.S.A can finish off the box, right?????
Yep.... I think Canard was a better selection and I stand by it.
9/28/2014 9:56am
motoplook wrote:
Well done Tonkov. Not allowed to ride by his doc, goes for his first 450 race and holds on the Dung for more than half of...
Send that rider --or any GP rider -- over to a U.S. track like Washougal or a SX track and let's see how they do against Dungey. He's much faster than his MXoN results have shown.

Good thing most transcontinental fans are not a smug little @$$ like you are, motoplook.
TeamGreen
9/28/2014 10:06am
I'm guessing the Absolutely Ridiculous Stupid Ignorant SHIT that some of you Fucktards post MUST be due to Drugs or Alcohol...actually, probably a combination of BOTH!

A Few Questions for those of you talking about "Disappointment" & "Let Down"...

WHO was the highest placing US rider in a Moto?
WHO Raced with a Broken Toe? (Been there, EXTREME PAIN)
WHO Crushed it in his last Moto and had commentators giggling?

NO ONE...NOT ONE...NOT A SINGLE ONE OF OUR GUYS "let us down".

In-fact, quite the opposite: They Rocked It!

It was a really rough day for A LOT of the "Really Fast"...indeed, the Fastest Racers:

Cairolli
Reed
Etc.

I, Personally, am proud of ALL OF THEM....

Vice la France!
SquidBro
9/28/2014 10:13am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 10:15am
Just to recap, correct me if I'm wrong:

Ryan Dungey: had a second place finish today and then had mechanical issues which prevented him from progressing further up the leader board in his second race.

Eli Tomac: first race he pulled through the field and then got stuck in 6th place behind Noren, in theory Tomac should be able to pass Noren within one lap (no disrespect to Noren as he was riding great, as usual) but for some as yet unknown reason Tomac was stuck in 6th. In his second race Tomac pulled out all the stops as you would expect (and was expecting to see in the first race too) and blasted into 3rd place at the flag.

Jeremy Martin: placed 11th and 13th after yesterdays crash, who knows if the outcome would have been any different without the injury. A stellar ride either way.

Dungey doesn't really look like a weak link in team U.S.A to me!
Awhit167
9/28/2014 10:35am
Where's villopoto when we need him to represent for usa Whistling ...
slipdog
9/28/2014 10:40am
Excuse me... A1, where are you?
bd
9/28/2014 10:41am
slipdog wrote:
We have MEC before A1

Wink
JerseyFresh
9/28/2014 10:42am
Awhit167 wrote:
Sitting around drinking champagne and getting his D S'd more than likely.
slipdog
9/28/2014 10:51am
slipdog wrote:
bd wrote:
We have MEC before A1

Wink
I prefer watching races, not energy drink infomercials . Laughing
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
9/28/2014 10:54am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 2:27pm
motoplook wrote:
So what are you saying about Dungey? Why not just come out and say it? Compare the Tonkov's last 5 years of racing to Dungey's last 5 years.
Harry_Gray
9/28/2014 11:10am
bd wrote:

Have to agree on the last sentence. I like Dungey, but...he isn't delivering the goods. We need a Dungey-less MXdN team for 2015. We should have sent Canard instead, might have had a chance then.
PressPassP
9/28/2014 11:11am
Tonkov was flying! He headed plenty of GP frontrunners too.he was an unknown quantity in the big bore class and suprised everyone,it's certainly no disrespect to anyone he put it too

Some take to the bigger machine instantly first time out, Paulin and Dungey both had wins,Herlings had a 2nd place too
JerseyFresh
9/28/2014 11:13am
Harry_Gray wrote:
Have to agree on the last sentence. I like Dungey, but...he isn't delivering the goods. We need a Dungey-less MXdN team for 2015. We should have...
Have to agree on the last sentence. I like Dungey, but...he isn't delivering the goods. We need a Dungey-less MXdN team for 2015. We should have sent Canard instead, might have had a chance then.
Of course we should have, but as long as Roger is managing the team, Dungey's gonna be on it.
davistld01
9/28/2014 11:17am
Awhit167 wrote:
He was tired. All work & no play makes Poto a dull boy.
malachi177
9/28/2014 11:32am
Harry_Gray wrote:
Have to agree on the last sentence. I like Dungey, but...he isn't delivering the goods. We need a Dungey-less MXdN team for 2015. We should have...
Who got a second place finish in his moto? Sure as in hell wasn't Eli or JmartPinch

What a bunch of butt hurt sore losers.
SquidBro
9/28/2014 11:40am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 11:41am
Fuck this shit, I'm off to curl down a big fat turd and then I'm gonna spend the rest of the day flushing the thunderbox to try and wash that mofo down.

Dungey for president, dude's a stud!

Laters
kongols
9/28/2014 11:45am
Martin: The track was rough, it was one of the roughest tracks I've rode in a while. The foot is no excuse and I learned a lot.

De Coster: I was pleased with the fact nobody gave up in our team. I don't want to make excuses for not winning,they were better today.

Dungey and Tomac just walked in like they have been in the biggest battle of their lives... Martin on crutches
RandyS
9/28/2014 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 1:01pm
I'm a big Dungey fan but this needs to be his last MXoN. He is not delivering, period. Edit: I just saw something about his bike being stuck in 2nd. If so that explains the second moto but it doesn't change my view, he isn't delivering.
SquidBro
9/28/2014 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 1:08pm
RandyS wrote:
I'm a big Dungey fan but this needs to be his last MXoN. He is not delivering, period. Edit: I just saw something about his bike...
I'm a big Dungey fan but this needs to be his last MXoN. He is not delivering, period. Edit: I just saw something about his bike being stuck in 2nd. If so that explains the second moto but it doesn't change my view, he isn't delivering.
It hurts to read yours and others post stating Dungey has to go, really?
RandyS
9/28/2014 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 1:23pm
RandyS wrote:
I'm a big Dungey fan but this needs to be his last MXoN. He is not delivering, period. Edit: I just saw something about his bike...
SquidBro wrote:
It hurts to read yours and others post stating Dungey has to go, really?
I'm still a fan, I'm not bashing him at all but he has not delivered, time for someone else to go. Conservative doesn't win anymore. If I had to pick next year now it would be RV(assuming he will be spending 2014 in Europe), Tomac, and Martin. All three can deliver a dominant day when they're on. It's going to take that to win again.
sclark309d
Fantasy
2036th
9/28/2014 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 1:44pm
Tomac came around in 31st after lap 1, going down in the first turn and Dungey 33rd, after starting mid-pack.

IF Dunge really was stuck in 2nd (due to crash or mechanical) then that ought to change how folks look at US performance this year.

Kongols said "Dungey and Tomac just walked in like they have been in the biggest battle of their lives... Martin on crutches"

Clearly something must've been different as Dungey NEVER looks spent at the end of a long hard moto.

Post a reply to: Injured mid-pack MX2 rider holds Dungey for 80% of the Moto

The Latest