Motovan Build

Jack mehoff
6/4/2015 8:31pm
If it is a 5.4 motor you will get 350,000 miles out off it , easy . If it's a 4.6 about 240 k they bolth...
If it is a 5.4 motor you will get 350,000 miles out off it , easy . If it's a 4.6 about 240 k they bolth will loose the oil pump , the over drive switch will go on they 20 $ and pretty easy to change and you need to get a ambulance alternator for it they go about every 100 k miles , also when you do the front end get mooge ball joints etc they have Greece fittings on them
Markee wrote:
Any idea why a Ford 2003 e 250 brakes would surge and at about 40 MPH would vibrate almost like it had mud terrains? Van I...
Any idea why a Ford 2003 e 250 brakes would surge and at about 40 MPH would vibrate almost like it had mud terrains? Van I looked at last week was in awesome shape with 170k.
Sounds like your rotors are warped? You can have them cut at an auto shop like Napa or maybe Auto Zone? But sometimes after they are...
Sounds like your rotors are warped? You can have them cut at an auto shop like Napa or maybe Auto Zone? But sometimes after they are cut they warp back faster. Replacing the rotors might be a better option if that's the problem.
Replace them they are so cheap mid grade pads and new rotors are about 100 dollars I never even cut them , jack your van up and put jack stands under the front them pull the bottom off the tire out if it has play in it its the wheel bearing , then push the wheel towards the other side if it's not tight ,feels real sloppy then it's the tie rod end , but it sounds like a warped rotor , you might have to bleed the caliper
jeffro503
6/4/2015 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2015 8:39pm
Hey here is one other piece of advice in case you run into alternator issues. I went through 5 different " Napa " alternators on one van ,and then said screw it! I paid twice as much to get a new OEM ford alternator and it lasted for another 5yrs. The Napa ones I couldn't get more than 6 months out of for some reason. They were all covered under warranty , but you still lose your van for a couple days. Just a heads up.
Jack mehoff
6/4/2015 8:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey here is one other piece of advice in case you run into alternator issues. I went through 5 different " Napa " alternators on one...
Hey here is one other piece of advice in case you run into alternator issues. I went through 5 different " Napa " alternators on one van ,and then said screw it! I paid twice as much to get a new OEM ford alternator and it lasted for another 5yrs. The Napa ones I couldn't get more than 6 months out of for some reason. They were all covered under warranty , but you still lose your van for a couple days. Just a heads up.
http://www.powerbastards.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7768-220-HD8-3&gclid=C… , you need to get a 220 this is what they run in the cop cars and ambulances with all the electronics they run it really buts a beating on them , I also think factory ford makes one two , the are standard on police patrol cars strait from the factory
Bressler11
6/5/2015 8:25am
since the school year is winding down, and i am not really learning anything I decided to be productive with my chemistry and english period this morningLaughing I got a hall pass and worked on my van in the machine shop and the construction trades shop I cut the corners off the bed so it will fold down, and made some legs for the back rest part

pics to come

The Shop

Sidecar
6/5/2015 9:10am
Sidecar wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/04/93592/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/04/93593/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Got running water and the gas hob working in my 2008 LWB VW Crafter a couple of weeks ago. Love working on my van...

Got running water and the gas hob working in my 2008 LWB VW Crafter a couple of weeks ago.
Love working on my van nearly as much as the bikes!!!
Highsider wrote:
Looks sweet, but WTF is "gas hob"? Heater? That would be nice!
Sorry not sure what you would call it in the US? Gas ring maybe? The small drainer left of the sink lifts away so I can heat food in a saucepan or boil a kettle etc. I don't have a photo of it though.
Sidecar
6/5/2015 9:20am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2015 9:22am

Van is nice and tall too so I have a garage for the sidecar or 3x bikes and a bed space above, 4meter Fiamma roll out awning with sides, got storage unit and sink in next is a toilet/shower cubicle and L shaped seating/sofa that will turn into 2nd double bed, 12v electrics are in but only running water pump at the moment, will be full lighting circuit and plug sockets running from leisure battery eventually, it all takes time though.
Vans are nearly as exciting as bikes, this is a great thread, didn't mean to hijack it, the op's van is sweet, it's great seeing peoples ideas..... And that seat cover was a hell of an idea!!!
Bressler11
6/5/2015 7:19pm
So today at school I was very "productive". Its the end of the year so instead of english and chemistry I stayed in the machine shop for two extra periods.Whistling I changed up my futon in the van a little bit

I cut the corners with a circular saw to a 45 degree angle and braced them with small 2x4's

I made legs for the backrest part, they will fold away while the

After i got off work I made a stop at lowes and picked up

(2) 3 ftx2inx1/8in Flat Stock
Hardware for everything
(4) D-rings
(2) trailer tongue pins

I plan to use the flat stock and the pins to rig something up so it will hold the futon/bed in the upright position
Jack mehoff
6/5/2015 10:09pm
Bressler11 wrote:
So today at school I was very "productive". Its the end of the year so instead of english and chemistry I stayed in the machine shop...
So today at school I was very "productive". Its the end of the year so instead of english and chemistry I stayed in the machine shop for two extra periods.Whistling I changed up my futon in the van a little bit

I cut the corners with a circular saw to a 45 degree angle and braced them with small 2x4's

I made legs for the backrest part, they will fold away while the

After i got off work I made a stop at lowes and picked up

(2) 3 ftx2inx1/8in Flat Stock
Hardware for everything
(4) D-rings
(2) trailer tongue pins

I plan to use the flat stock and the pins to rig something up so it will hold the futon/bed in the upright position
You need to make a strait wall behind the seats and have the side walls in the back fold down into your bed and run a chain with eye hooks in the ceiling or on the wall to hold the bed up , my van is in the shop getting a new window cowel put in I will take some pics Monday its locked up inside to show you what I did
Bressler11
6/7/2015 12:12pm

I slept this morning while dad drove Whistling haha liking the new futon setup

Hey the old man has no issue with traction...

It's a little tight but works good

Bressler11
6/7/2015 12:16pm

I slept this morning while dad drove Whistling haha liking the new futon setup

Hey the old man has no issue with traction...

It's a little tight but works good

Post a reply to: Motovan Build

The Latest