In the CA area. Where to go?

Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 12:51pm
Hi guys
First post, so go easy.
I am from the uk and working in cali next week.

Looks like I might have Wednesday or Thursday free.
I am staying near camarillo
Which practice tracks are nearby that I might get a chance of seeing some pros riding?

Cheers
|
6/6/2015 8:33am
camarillo isnt close to any of the socal tracks like perris (wednesday) and glen helen (thurday)
but if your willing to drive a ways you may be in luck.
Hallzilla
6/6/2015 10:42am
Zaca ? They used to be open on Wed. Call ahead. My favorite track in So cal ! Even though it's closer to the central coast.
About an hour 20 from Camarillo. Piru Mx is open on wed. and they have made some significant changes to the track recently.
Only about 40 minutes from Camarillo.
6/6/2015 10:59am
highly recommend zaca on a wednesday if you can get in and hang out. great group of peeps
moscrop940
6/6/2015 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2015 12:34pm
Zaca zaca zaca zaca

The Shop

Hallzilla
6/6/2015 1:27pm
highly recommend zaca on a wednesday if you can get in and hang out. great group of peeps
Would love to follow you around sometime, and see the fast guys lines.
Nick953
6/6/2015 1:40pm
Zaca is cool, but a little overhyped in my opinion. I would recommend Piru. They have gotten significantly better in recent years.
Hallzilla
6/6/2015 1:47pm
Nick953 wrote:
Zaca is cool, but a little overhyped in my opinion. I would recommend Piru. They have gotten significantly better in recent years.
If you have of choice of going to Piru or Zaca, you'd choose Piru ? Haha, killer Joke Brah.
Comparing Zaca to Piru is like comparing JA801 to RD5 .... You Just can't.
Nick953
6/6/2015 2:26pm
Nick953 wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
If you have of choice of going to Piru or Zaca, you'd choose Piru ? Haha, killer Joke Brah. Comparing Zaca to Piru is like comparing...
If you have of choice of going to Piru or Zaca, you'd choose Piru ? Haha, killer Joke Brah.
Honestly I would just go to AV before either of those but yeah I would pick Piru over Zaca. It is just my opinion.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/6/2015 5:46pm
Nick953 wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
If you have of choice of going to Piru or Zaca, you'd choose Piru ? Haha, killer Joke Brah. Comparing Zaca to Piru is like comparing...
Nick953 wrote:
Honestly I would just go to AV before either of those but yeah I would pick Piru over Zaca. It is just my opinion.
Wow, just wow! Laughing
Zaugg
6/6/2015 6:11pm
Nick953 wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
Nick953 wrote:
Ding Ding Ding....winner of the dumbest thing said on Vital this month. Don't worry Nick953...there's still more of June for someone to say something dumber than Piru being better than Zaca. That's funny right there...
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/6/2015 6:19pm
Hallzilla wrote:
Nick953 wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
Ding Ding Ding....winner of the dumbest thing said on Vital this month. Don't worry Nick953...there's still more of June for someone to say something dumber than...
Ding Ding Ding....winner of the dumbest thing said on Vital this month. Don't worry Nick953...there's still more of June for someone to say something dumber than Piru being better than Zaca. That's funny right there...
Including AV over either one, is the best part !! Obviously didn't ride AV today, huh ? Lol
Zaca is my favorite track, BUT...... Piru is a lot better than what some have to say about it. I might be bias, since I'm only 20 minutes from the track and my buddy owns it, but it REALLY is fun. Half the size as Zaca, but it's in really good shape. And he added the new section, where the peewee track used to be. I'm planning on riding Zaca in the morning, but might end up riding Piru or LACR. I rode Cal City MX today and Chaney Ranch last Sat/Sun, I've been driving too much.

If you make it to Piru on Wednsday, look me up, I'm riding #48 KTM FE450. ~ Shaun
Nick953
6/6/2015 7:51pm
Nick953 wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
Ding Ding Ding....winner of the dumbest thing said on Vital this month. Don't worry Nick953...there's still more of June for someone to say something dumber than...
langhammx wrote:
Including AV over either one, is the best part !! Obviously didn't ride AV today, huh ? Lol Zaca is my favorite track, BUT...... Piru is...
Including AV over either one, is the best part !! Obviously didn't ride AV today, huh ? Lol
Zaca is my favorite track, BUT...... Piru is a lot better than what some have to say about it. I might be bias, since I'm only 20 minutes from the track and my buddy owns it, but it REALLY is fun. Half the size as Zaca, but it's in really good shape. And he added the new section, where the peewee track used to be. I'm planning on riding Zaca in the morning, but might end up riding Piru or LACR. I rode Cal City MX today and Chaney Ranch last Sat/Sun, I've been driving too much.

If you make it to Piru on Wednsday, look me up, I'm riding #48 KTM FE450. ~ Shaun
I am not bashing Zaca at all. It is a fun track and I realize others don't share my opinion but that's fine.
docweedon
6/6/2015 9:17pm
If you are in Camarillo, stop in and say hi to us at BTO Sports. We are in Camarillo as well...
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/6/2015 9:42pm
Zaugg wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Including AV over either one, is the best part !! Obviously didn't ride AV today, huh ? Lol Zaca is my favorite track, BUT...... Piru is...

Nick953 wrote:
I am not bashing Zaca at all. It is a fun track and I realize others don't share my opinion but that's fine.
No, I didn't think you were bashing it. It's not for everyone, but I like fast tracks that get really rough. I have had some good days at AV in the past. I am also friends with Robert, he actually just bought my bike from last year. He's been busy building his house, I think the track suffers without him being around more. Today was an example of that... I went to Cal City, while some friends rode AV. They wished they would've drove another 45 minutes up the fwy to CCMX. I dig Piru, I've put in many days there. It's a short drive for me and the dirt is ALWAYS PERFECT in the morning. He takes great care of the track.

I take it you like "jumpy" tracks ? If so, you need to get down to Chaney Ranch.
Nick953
6/7/2015 11:24am
langhammx wrote:
No, I didn't think you were bashing it. It's not for everyone, but I like fast tracks that get really rough. I have had some good...
No, I didn't think you were bashing it. It's not for everyone, but I like fast tracks that get really rough. I have had some good days at AV in the past. I am also friends with Robert, he actually just bought my bike from last year. He's been busy building his house, I think the track suffers without him being around more. Today was an example of that... I went to Cal City, while some friends rode AV. They wished they would've drove another 45 minutes up the fwy to CCMX. I dig Piru, I've put in many days there. It's a short drive for me and the dirt is ALWAYS PERFECT in the morning. He takes great care of the track.

I take it you like "jumpy" tracks ? If so, you need to get down to Chaney Ranch.
Huh,I didn't know that about AV since I haven't been there recently. I'll have to check out Cal City next time.
6/7/2015 12:51pm
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
Depending on time available I would like to check one out.
Try and get to BTO aswell.
After a day spectating at hawkstone park and seeing herlings give a demonstration in sand riding, I am looking forward to some more mx this week.

Post a reply to: In the CA area. Where to go?

The Latest