I'm so sick of hearing...

MOTOCOACH
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:58pm
...how dominant athletes are in other sports! I know Jimmie Johnson winning his fourth consecutive NASCAR title is a huge deal, it's a damned-impressive feat, but they are talking about him like he was the most dominant athlete in any sport, ever! Does Ricky not even get a mention? I mean, he won TEN motocross titles in a row, won every race one season, and every moto TWO seasons! I also understand that Tiger, Jordan, Ripkin, etc., are much, much more mainstream than RC, and worthy of their legendary status, but if these sports journalists are any good, they would research and report any athlete that fits the topic! With X Games and television, many people already know (or have heard of) Ricky Carmichael, and if they didn't, they'll learn about him if they have something to read on him. If you're talking about true and total domination of an athlete in his/her respective sport, my vote goes to Ricky Carmichael, hands down.
|
Eatmydirt03
11/23/2009 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2009 12:08pm
We need to get a huge wave going for getting mx back to mainstream. Like actually showing highlights on Sports Center and such.
TeamGreen
11/23/2009 12:20pm
I know I'll reel in some Anger; but...

If ANYONE's got a CURRENT chance at putting a good face on our sport as a True "Dominator"...well...

You KNOW who it is...?
Outsider
11/23/2009 12:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I know I'll reel in some Anger; but... If ANYONE's got a CURRENT chance at putting a good face on our sport as a True "Dominator"...well...

If ANYONE's got a CURRENT chance at putting a good face on our sport as a True "Dominator"...well...

You KNOW who it is...?
Villopoto... next question Smile
peelout719
11/23/2009 12:27pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I know I'll reel in some Anger; but... If ANYONE's got a CURRENT chance at putting a good face on our sport as a True "Dominator"...well...

You KNOW who it is...?
+1

danny dolan is the next big thing

The Shop

11/23/2009 12:54pm
There is probably a badminton, volleyball, table tennis, etc. player that has dominated too.
Ing
11/23/2009 1:13pm
Cupstacking. Where it's at.

Dude.
Ing
11/23/2009 1:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:

You KNOW who it is...?
Outsider wrote:
Villopoto... next question Smile
Probably get his first of many titles in a row this year. SX and MX. JMO
Fleece192
11/23/2009 2:01pm
Yea I watch Wind Tunnel sometimes, very little mention of sx/mx. Not even MXDN. They did have DC on a while back. Bring back Motoworld!!
txmxer
11/23/2009 2:17pm
MxDaD324 wrote:
ROFL!!! Dave tells it like it is!!!
Huh

don't piss off Dave!!! He's a good dude.
Fleece192
11/23/2009 2:19pm
Dave Despain loses it. That is CRAZY!!!!
TeamGreen
11/23/2009 2:19pm
Truth is...

A lot of us don't seem to watch him like we once did.
tatonka
11/23/2009 2:23pm
Give 'em hell Dave! that's f'n hilarious!!
peelout719
11/23/2009 2:27pm
i think the bleeping of the cuss words make the video for sure... just wouldn't be the same if they weren't bleeped out
spd721
11/23/2009 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2009 3:11pm
it pisses me off when you hear about all these top athetes in football, golf, baseball, and basketball. BUT nothing about motocross!!!! i bet tom brady and tiger woods would shit themselves if they rode a motocross or supercross track. motocross riders risk their lives everytime they get on the bike. not so much in the other sports (expect other motor sports and bull riding).
Huckster
11/23/2009 3:11pm
We need to get a huge wave going for getting mx back to mainstream. Like actually showing highlights on Sports Center and such.
funny how people want the sport to go "mainstream" but then rail on companies like Fox for not being "core" when they sell their product to "mainstream" retailers......

Outsider
11/23/2009 3:14pm
Huckster wrote:
funny how people want the sport to go "mainstream" but then rail on companies like Fox for not being "core" when they sell their product to...
funny how people want the sport to go "mainstream" but then rail on companies like Fox for not being "core" when they sell their product to "mainstream" retailers......

X2!
11/23/2009 3:56pm
Because pro motocross is an obscure sport. Even though its the toughest sport on earth.
11/23/2009 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2009 4:13pm
spd721 wrote:
it pisses me off when you hear about all these top athetes in football, golf, baseball, and basketball. BUT nothing about motocross!!!! i bet tom brady...
it pisses me off when you hear about all these top athetes in football, golf, baseball, and basketball. BUT nothing about motocross!!!! i bet tom brady and tiger woods would shit themselves if they rode a motocross or supercross track. motocross riders risk their lives everytime they get on the bike. not so much in the other sports (expect other motor sports and bull riding).
I'll bet Chad Reed, James Stewart and 99% of the field would shit themselves if they had a 300 lb defensive tackle running to tackle them too. I find elitists to be funny.
11/23/2009 4:13pm
Because pro motocross is an obscure sport. Even though its the toughest sport on earth.
+1 ........until you actually go out and ride a moto you have no fuggin idea how demanding both physically and mentally moto is , and that is the whole issue with our sport.

Most of the spectators are current or ex riders (plus family)....SX does however have more appeal to the masses..
Lightning78
11/23/2009 4:16pm
Hahahahahah that was funny as hell.....we should all band together and send him hundreds of emails about him selling out bikes .....it would drive him nuts!
Ing
11/23/2009 4:23pm
spd721 wrote:
it pisses me off when you hear about all these top athetes in football, golf, baseball, and basketball. BUT nothing about motocross!!!! i bet tom brady...
I'll bet Chad Reed, James Stewart and 99% of the field would shit themselves if they had a 300 lb defensive tackle running to tackle them...
I'll bet Chad Reed, James Stewart and 99% of the field would shit themselves if they had a 300 lb defensive tackle running to tackle them too. I find elitists to be funny.
Basically all you need to do to be a top "athlete" as in a defensive tackle is weight 300#. Them dudes aren't athletes in my book. If Chad or JS weighed 300# I'm sure they wouldn't shit themselves. Elitist? So you don't think MX is the top sport? Our sport is elite and anyone that doesn't think so is on the wrong site. Oh, BTW, Despain is a dickhead. Period. Motorcycles are what got his start in broadcasting. He needs to remember this. Or, maybe he doesn't. Who gives a rats ass what that asswipe thinks. Nascar rocks man. Go fast, turn left. (sarcasm alert for the sarcastically challenged)
max911
11/23/2009 4:54pm
Huckster wrote:
funny how people want the sport to go "mainstream" but then rail on companies like Fox for not being "core" when they sell their product to...

Outsider wrote:
X2!
dude look at fox
the gear with the snakes and lions and stuff makes us look like dumb asses
plus alot of kids will have a fox tee on and they will know its for moto but not spend another dime on any thing else moto or follow the sport
fox wants to make $$ not make the sport bigger
Outsider
11/23/2009 4:57pm
Ok, but isn't it a good thing if Fox makes $ ? So they can sponsor more riders and stuff?

I am wearing a Fox sweatshirt that's about a '98 vintage, so don't know about the snakes and lions stuff.
RMZ819
11/23/2009 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:06pm
spd721 wrote:
I'll bet Chad Reed, James Stewart and 99% of the field would shit themselves if they had a 300 lb defensive tackle running to tackle them...
Ing wrote:
Basically all you need to do to be a top "athlete" as in a defensive tackle is weight 300#. Them dudes aren't athletes in my book...
Basically all you need to do to be a top "athlete" as in a defensive tackle is weight 300#. Them dudes aren't athletes in my book. If Chad or JS weighed 300# I'm sure they wouldn't shit themselves. Elitist? So you don't think MX is the top sport? Our sport is elite and anyone that doesn't think so is on the wrong site. Oh, BTW, Despain is a dickhead. Period. Motorcycles are what got his start in broadcasting. He needs to remember this. Or, maybe he doesn't. Who gives a rats ass what that asswipe thinks. Nascar rocks man. Go fast, turn left. (sarcasm alert for the sarcastically challenged)
You must not know your asshole from a hole in the ground if you think a 300 pound defensive lineman that runs like the wind is in not athete. NFL players are on a level that you will never understand.

As for as Motocross riders being elite you are wrong. Certain riders are. RC,Stewart and MC but its hard for a sport to move forward when the promoters of it are ANTI RIDER SELF PROMOTION. The biggest fucking race on the planet is LL's. How fucked up is that???

IMO MX is what it is. It will never get any bigger than it is today. The way it is works just fine for the people that are running it. They fuck the riders over and the riders keep coming back for more. Until the riders tell MX Sports or who ever to f off and take a stand and stay home things will never change.
MOTOCOACH
11/23/2009 6:29pm
I guess I presented this poorly, but I'm really not talking about MX growing, or even going mainstream. The topic was really geared more toward RC being placed in a category of "dominant athlete in his/her sport". I understand MX is never going to be as popular as a stick and ball sport, but in any circle, if a dominant athlete is mentioned, I think RC has earned the right to be recognized. And yes, I'm sure there are athletes that dominate in other sports, but the way RC did? If so, we should know about them, too. Just think he's worth mentioning if you're doing a piece on dominant athletes, no matter what the sport. If Jimmy Johnson is considered dominant, imagine what they would say if he won EVERY race in a Nascar series-TWICE! How 'bout lapping the field!? I mean, if anyone else ever did something like that, it'd be on the evening news. just sayin...

Post a reply to: I'm so sick of hearing...

The Latest