I'm pulling for Marvin to win the title.

RandyS
Edited Date/Time 8/9/2015 6:00pm
But I wouldn't have been bummed if Webb cleaned him out. He deserved it, guy is too good to be riding like a 125 novice with a holeshot.
|
moto0852
8/8/2015 8:27pm
So not sure if your a "racer" or "play rider" but as long as your not t boning it all goes in racing. Man up and watch some Chicken/Bradshaw, Howerton/Hannah videos. Yeah, I'm old.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/8/2015 8:32pm
i have not really got a preference to who wins the title, i just want to see good clean racing,

and if Webb takes Marvin out on purpose and it costs him the title, it will be up there with the Alessi going for the kill switch type bullshit,

race him hard for sure, just dont step over the line,
RandyS
8/8/2015 9:20pm
moto0852 wrote:
So not sure if your a "racer" or "play rider" but as long as your not t boning it all goes in racing. Man up and...
So not sure if your a "racer" or "play rider" but as long as your not t boning it all goes in racing. Man up and watch some Chicken/Bradshaw, Howerton/Hannah videos. Yeah, I'm old.
There's a point where taking away a line becomes blocking and dangerous, I thought Webb was just being whiny last week until I watched it today. And yes before it was pointed out by the commentators, I think one of them raced a little. I've been around the tracks since I was in diapers, been riding mostly non stop since 1969, racing off and on. I'm generally against retaliation for little BS stuff. Webb had every right to be pissed, like I said in my first post Musqin was riding like a 125 novice with his first holeshot. It's not the 70s or 80s anymore, the speed and inertia of the modern 4 strokes can do considerably more damage when someone is out riding ala Matasevich. Funny, everyone has to be more of an expert here than the last guy, I just stated my opinion. It's in the dictionary.

The Shop

mxandy963
8/8/2015 10:22pm
moto0852 wrote:
So not sure if your a "racer" or "play rider" but as long as your not t boning it all goes in racing. Man up and...
RandyS wrote:
There's a point where taking away a line becomes blocking and dangerous, I thought Webb was just being whiny last week until I watched it today...
There's a point where taking away a line becomes blocking and dangerous, I thought Webb was just being whiny last week until I watched it today. And yes before it was pointed out by the commentators, I think one of them raced a little. I've been around the tracks since I was in diapers, been riding mostly non stop since 1969, racing off and on. I'm generally against retaliation for little BS stuff. Webb had every right to be pissed, like I said in my first post Musqin was riding like a 125 novice with his first holeshot. It's not the 70s or 80s anymore, the speed and inertia of the modern 4 strokes can do considerably more damage when someone is out riding ala Matasevich. Funny, everyone has to be more of an expert here than the last guy, I just stated my opinion. It's in the dictionary.
If Webb was faster he would have won. I'm a Webb fan but holy shit. What the fuck has happened to the moto world. Marvin is going for a C-Ship. I would skin a baby seal to win it. Hannah would have cold clocked him 4th gear tapped on the start straight for fucks sake. Harden the fuck up. Damn it. Marvin came out on top. He rode his ass off and deserves it.

Period.
jeffro503
8/8/2015 10:31pm
OK , I'm one of the biggest Marvin fans on the planet , and even at Washougal I didn't see him do any cross jumping. Today....I did. I don't remember ever seeing him do that stuff before and I'm not sure why he thinks it's a good idea , but it aint. I fuggin' love Marvin , but damn dude , when you are following someone and using alternate lines to get around , and the guy in front keeps sweeping in front of you on takeoff's it get scary! That is one of the things you DO NOT do in this sport! Me personally , when guys did that shit to me in the past , I would do anything and everything to put him on the ground. I don't like to ride like that , but if the same dude did it over and over , Just expect the same type of riding from me.
jeffro503
8/8/2015 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2015 10:43pm
It pains me to en say that , because i'm truly am a huge MM25 fan. It just shows a lack of respect for your fellow competitors doing stuff like that. I'd like to think Marvin isn't meaning to do it , but when you get to that level you know exactly what you're doing. Being creative on a track is one thing , being dangerous and stupid is something completely different.
Sideways
8/9/2015 1:05am
He didnt do anything dangerous.. sure he was blocking webb at some point but so what!? He then stepped up and got a little gap to webb (before webb crashed) and won the race. Its webb that is crossjumping behind marvin trying different lines and trying to get passed. Webb would have passed if he was faster. They were equal in speed.
Prntscrn
8/9/2015 1:12am
Yes he did som cross rutting. But I don't think he went over the line, he manage to just stay on it. You are aloud to protect your position by taking different lines until you make it dangerous for you competitor which I think he never did.
RG1
8/9/2015 1:21am
I personally don't see anything wrong with what Marvin was doing, he was just riding his lines and Cooper was getting cut off with the lines he was taking. Marvin was in front and Cooper can clearly see where he is, they were never level at any point, Musquin was in front the whole time. He wasn't looking for Webb, he was just concentrating on going fast, he actually said after the race he didn't even realise it was Webb until he hit him. And in fairness to Cooper he didn't really moan about it too much afterwards. It was just good racing in my opinion
8/9/2015 1:54am
RG1 wrote:
I personally don't see anything wrong with what Marvin was doing, he was just riding his lines and Cooper was getting cut off with the lines...
I personally don't see anything wrong with what Marvin was doing, he was just riding his lines and Cooper was getting cut off with the lines he was taking. Marvin was in front and Cooper can clearly see where he is, they were never level at any point, Musquin was in front the whole time. He wasn't looking for Webb, he was just concentrating on going fast, he actually said after the race he didn't even realise it was Webb until he hit him. And in fairness to Cooper he didn't really moan about it too much afterwards. It was just good racing in my opinion
Funny thing is that once he noticed it was webb he was like "oh merde its that guy, I got to get le f**c away from here" and started to pull away.. He knows being to close in front of webb for too long is bad for your dirt sample ratio. Then webb put it on the ground in an attempt to close the gap so that was it, but he definetly got marv going thats for sure
TXDirt
8/9/2015 4:53am
It's not cool to jump across the face of a jump to prevent a guy from passing you. That's one of the unwritten rules of racing. It's dangerous as hell. Marvin clearly did that 2 or 3 times on one of the laps when Webb was right on him. If I were Webb I would have been pissed and would have cleaned Marvin out.
jrt240
8/9/2015 6:23am
10 rounds in there is a 2 point seperation at the top, MM was maknig hay while the sun shines, right or wrong he was going for it. Considering the crap that came out of Webbs mouth last round I wouldn't get out of his way either.

That aside if webb was faster he would have
passed him or gotten a better start...or not cased a jump that no one else was going for. I'm liking the scratch and claw competitive thing for the championship, the men are racing and the boys are participating so get out of the way. Good atuff
h&m_cycle
8/9/2015 6:31am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2015 6:31am
mxandy963 wrote:
If Webb was faster he would have won. I'm a Webb fan but holy shit. What the fuck has happened to the moto world. Marvin is...
If Webb was faster he would have won. I'm a Webb fan but holy shit. What the fuck has happened to the moto world. Marvin is going for a C-Ship. I would skin a baby seal to win it. Hannah would have cold clocked him 4th gear tapped on the start straight for fucks sake. Harden the fuck up. Damn it. Marvin came out on top. He rode his ass off and deserves it.

Period.
I love that part you said, "If Webb was faster he would have won..."

True, If Webb was faster, Moose would never be able to run him off the track...

If "whiny Reed would of been faster", Trey Canard wouldn't of been able to land on him...
hillbilly
8/9/2015 7:44am
I saw a bike jump cross track,i think it was 66,and almost colliding over one of the big tables with 25,you could just catch it in the background of shot in m1.

RCB33
Fantasy
139th
8/9/2015 7:58am
Yes musquin won so I will be in the minority on this,but cooper was faster, he was able to catch marvin on multiple occasions...only to try to clean him out,losing time in the process. I'm a Webb fan but musquin was better, not faster, better.

P.S. I am excited to see how this championship turns out, pulling for Martin though.
Sandberm
8/9/2015 8:13am
To me it looks like Web was trying to pass anywhere, anytime including around the OUTSIDE alot.

So if Coops trying to go ballsout around the OUTSIDE and the race line drifts from inside to outside(which Marvin is taking) before a jump it looks like Marvin is cross jumping.

BTW, I thought Coopers move at the bottom of screw U was just fine. Aggressive yes, but its a slow speed situation and to be honest he put himself in a position to stick his front wheel into marvins footpeg and lose some spokes.
8/9/2015 8:20am
I would like to re-watch the race but at the time I didn't see anything wrong with it personally - certainly nothing like the Barcia/Roczen drama from Dallas a couple of years back. If the competitor isn't directly or partially parallel with your own bike and you therefore have the room to cross over and protect a certain line, then you should. I agree that there's a fine line between good racecraft and being dangerous but I don't think Marvin was on the wrong side of that.
TeamGreen
8/9/2015 8:41am
RandyS wrote:
But I wouldn't have been bummed if Webb cleaned him out. He deserved it, guy is too good to be riding like a 125 novice with...
But I wouldn't have been bummed if Webb cleaned him out. He deserved it, guy is too good to be riding like a 125 novice with a holeshot.
You must be a Troller they doesn't know what Karma is...

The fastest guy DID win...You know how?

He got to the checkers the quickest.

The best part is that the Moto wins were split and we have a REAL Race to the Championship.

Also, I'm stoked for Joey. He's come a long, long way during these last 2 seasons.
8/9/2015 8:44am
RCB33 wrote:
Yes musquin won so I will be in the minority on this,but cooper was faster, he was able to catch marvin on multiple occasions...only to try...
Yes musquin won so I will be in the minority on this,but cooper was faster, he was able to catch marvin on multiple occasions...only to try to clean him out,losing time in the process. I'm a Webb fan but musquin was better, not faster, better.

P.S. I am excited to see how this championship turns out, pulling for Martin though.
Actually, if you look at the laptimes, Musquin was faster on average than Webb through laps 1-14.
Underdog999
8/9/2015 8:58am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2015 8:58am
MM won. From the views on tv he was cross rutting, but I didn't see cross jumping. He was in front and was preventing Webb from passing. Webb was just trying to take MM out. He didn't seem to be wanting to pass, but rather just take MM out. That's why he didn't win! If he (Webb) had concentrated more on passing, and not trying to take Martin out, he may have won.
bsharkey
8/9/2015 9:08am
he doesn't seem to be the smooth calculated rider weve seen in the past. he seems like hes trying to figure out how to ride aggressive like dungey has recently but just cant put it together. there is definatlety a new aggressiveness in him though
karsmakers
8/9/2015 9:22am
One thing we can always count on.....the euro's almost universally defend the euro rider. Why is that?
8/9/2015 9:22am
moto0852 wrote:
Im old lol

I feel ya
Sandberm
8/9/2015 10:34am
karsmakers wrote:
One thing we can always count on.....the euro's almost universally defend the euro rider. Why is that?
Oh, I dont know.

As Americans we've done a pretty good job of defending the French a time or two in some pretty significant War series
RG1
8/9/2015 11:16am
karsmakers wrote:
He didn't do anything wrong, that's why
jeffro503
8/9/2015 11:23am
karsmakers wrote:
RG1 wrote:
He didn't do anything wrong, that's why
From what I saw.....Marv was doing some cross jumping. Same thing Cooper complained about at Washougal. GL brought it up on the broadcast that he saw Marv do it like 3 - 4 times.

So I ask , what freakin' race did you watch?

And it doesn't matter to me that Marv is from from France. He was my favorite to win the title this year. I love the dude , but I can say for 100% that what he's doing ( cross jumping ) is uncalled for.
8/9/2015 11:47am
jeffro503 wrote:
From what I saw.....Marv was doing some cross jumping. Same thing Cooper complained about at Washougal. GL brought it up on the broadcast that he saw...
From what I saw.....Marv was doing some cross jumping. Same thing Cooper complained about at Washougal. GL brought it up on the broadcast that he saw Marv do it like 3 - 4 times.

And it doesn't matter to me that Marv is from from France. He was my favorite to win the title this year. I love the dude , but I can say for 100% that what he's doing ( cross jumping ) is uncalled for.
It might be how one interpret things. In my humble opinion - and I just re-watched the race an hour ago - Marvin didn't do anything "wrong". In my opinion he closed the line well before takeoff (at least so that Webb saw what was coming and could take action accordingly). Yes, it was passive riding, but in my book that wasn't cross jumping the dangerous way (like that bad crash just a few weeks ago in Loket. Was it Simpson who ended up at the bad side of that one? Don't remember who cross jumped, but that was an ugly incident).
jeffro503
8/9/2015 11:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
From what I saw.....Marv was doing some cross jumping. Same thing Cooper complained about at Washougal. GL brought it up on the broadcast that he saw...

Poppanator wrote:
It might be how one interpret things. In my humble opinion - and I just re-watched the race an hour ago - Marvin didn't do anything...
It might be how one interpret things. In my humble opinion - and I just re-watched the race an hour ago - Marvin didn't do anything "wrong". In my opinion he closed the line well before takeoff (at least so that Webb saw what was coming and could take action accordingly). Yes, it was passive riding, but in my book that wasn't cross jumping the dangerous way (like that bad crash just a few weeks ago in Loket. Was it Simpson who ended up at the bad side of that one? Don't remember who cross jumped, but that was an ugly incident).
That's true to a point I guess. To me " cross jumping " starts at the base of the jump or maybe even a little before. Reason being is because you're on the throttle hard , totally committed and someone swoops right in front of you. And at the speeds these guys carry , it can be a little to late to do anything about it. Crossing in mid air is the end result , the start begins before then even come up the take off ramp of the jump.

I think it was Simpson that did that to someone else. I can't remember who. Febvre had a similar incident a few weeks back which was ugly as hell too! Cross jumping can be dangerous for both riders , big time! Remember Unadilla about 04-06 when Stewart landed basically right under RC , and 5th gear tapped? Wasn't pretty

Post a reply to: I'm pulling for Marvin to win the title.

The Latest