I'm not racing SCORE anymore...

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 1/9/2015 6:40pm
I'm a Motio-Guy that loves riding in Baja, too. I even race down there...

We've had a few discussions in here about the changes in/at SCORE. Some have defended Roger Norman & told me &'others that we're wrong about Roger &'what he's done/doing to SCORE.

Here's the thing: I ACTUALLY RACE IN BAJA.

Until now.

$1890 Entry Fee for the San Felipe 250.

That's a 250 mile race...$1890...for an Over 50 Motorcycle Entry.

Good Bye, Roger.

I'll be racing with Casey Folks/BITD in Nevada.
|
minidad
1/9/2015 6:07am
We are headed to Parker this morning, we are #245 250 expert.

See you there.

Screw SCORE!!!
wreckitrandy
1/9/2015 6:15am
Wow. Good luck to him. In a somewhat similar situation, a golf course near here decided to make their membership a good bit more exclusive some years ago. They upped the dues to a level that definitely shut me out. A lot of others as well. The last few years have seen them change their tactics though. They've now gone public. They have been running 'specials' on memberships and the dues are less than they were when I was a member. I won't say that I'll never go back but at this point, I ain't going back.
BobPA
1/9/2015 7:23am
Wow. Good luck to him. In a somewhat similar situation, a golf course near here decided to make their membership a good bit more exclusive some...
Wow. Good luck to him. In a somewhat similar situation, a golf course near here decided to make their membership a good bit more exclusive some years ago. They upped the dues to a level that definitely shut me out. A lot of others as well. The last few years have seen them change their tactics though. They've now gone public. They have been running 'specials' on memberships and the dues are less than they were when I was a member. I won't say that I'll never go back but at this point, I ain't going back.
Same thing happened to a few courses around here, now they all went semi private and allow public play in the afternoons...needless to say they lost a ton of members.

Does that $1890 entry fee at least get you dinner and a hooker?
TeamGreen
1/9/2015 7:34am
Wow. Good luck to him. In a somewhat similar situation, a golf course near here decided to make their membership a good bit more exclusive some...
BobPA wrote:
Same thing happened to a few courses around here, now they all went semi private and allow public play in the afternoons...needless to say they lost...
Same thing happened to a few courses around here, now they all went semi private and allow public play in the afternoons...needless to say they lost a ton of members.

Does that $1890 entry fee at least get you dinner and a hooker?
Dinner & Hookers comes outta the Chase Budget.

The Shop

RMT
1/9/2015 7:35am
Just for reference, what is the entry fee for BITD? Ive raced BITD in a SXS and the entry fee was $1200. Not a big deal when 4 guys are splitting it, but I thought it was a bit high also. Desert racing gets expensive fast. You need lots of people with you and that damn helicopter does not come cheap!
mauidex
1/9/2015 7:57am
just curious team green, is the entry fee in SCORE same for everyone an all clasees?? bikes, entry level classes, trophy trucks??
JeepnMike
1/9/2015 8:20am
Quit being so negative Manny Laughing

I couldn't even afford to consider it.. That is freaking nuts for a race that is really just a hobby for many. Are you sure you weren't trying to sign up for Dakar?
TeamGreen
1/9/2015 8:21am
mauidex wrote:
just curious team green, is the entry fee in SCORE same for everyone an all clasees?? bikes, entry level classes, trophy trucks??
Several tiers & only 1, as I recall, that was lower than ours. You can see for yourself at SCORE's web-site under San Felipe 250 Registration.
TeamGreen
1/9/2015 8:23am
JeepnMike wrote:
Quit being so negative Manny :laugh: I couldn't even afford to consider it.. That is freaking nuts for a race that is really just a hobby...

I couldn't even afford to consider it.. That is freaking nuts for a race that is really just a hobby for many. Are you sure you weren't trying to sign up for Dakar?
I thought I was chartering a plane!

$1890 for a bike that's bejng raced by a bunch of AARP members.

Insane
visser62
1/9/2015 9:05am
Damn, that's steep. I have a friend who does both bike and car at Baja every year, I wonder if he's going this year.
Xeno
1/9/2015 9:56am
TeamGreen wrote:
Several tiers & only 1, as I recall, that was lower than ours. You can see for yourself at SCORE's web-site under San Felipe 250 Registration.
Well, you could pull a Trigger Gumm and be a "self-entry". That is, "enter yourself into the race just beyond the start line."

Bruce O was not amused...
2stroked
1/9/2015 10:03am
SCORE has turned into a joke. Bikes are not welcome anymore.

BITD is a good option.

There is also the national hare and hound series. Not a bad bang for you buck. for less than $60 you get to race 80-100 miles of desert. Thats a pretty high value when you consider you're getting roughly $.65 / mile.

The western hare scrambles series is also all new this year too.

There's also district 37/38 desert racing here locally too. Lots of different options besides SCORE, and you get to stay in the goold ol USA.
TeamGreen
1/9/2015 10:52am
2stroked wrote:
SCORE has turned into a joke. Bikes are not welcome anymore. BITD is a good option. There is also the national hare and hound series. Not...

BITD is a good option.

There is also the national hare and hound series. Not a bad bang for you buck. for less than $60 you get to race 80-100 miles of desert. Thats a pretty high value when you consider you're getting roughly $.65 / mile.

There's also district 37/38 desert racing here locally too. Lots of different options besides SCORE, and you get to stay in the goold ol USA.
Do the $/mile calculation for the San Felipe race...

Titan1
1/9/2015 10:57am
2stroked wrote:
SCORE has turned into a joke. Bikes are not welcome anymore. BITD is a good option. There is also the national hare and hound series. Not...

BITD is a good option.

I was just going to invite Manny out to some NHHA's...$60 entry, no chase vehicle required...start, pit, and end at the exact same place....they are usually in the neighborhood of 100 miles...and they welcome teams (if you don't want to race all 100 miles). And they are hare and hounds, so you never race the same section of trail more than once (which is better than the scrambles where you do a loop several times).

The D37 desert series is great...and I'm obviously partial to the USRA series up here in Utah, because over the course of the season we'll race some NHHA's, a GP or two, several scrambles, and even a couple of enduro's have popped up on the schedule the past few years...plenty of variety in race format and terrain (from the barren red rock/sand landscapes of southern Utah, to a pine forest in Northing Utah and everything in between). Plenty to offer in the off road racing world for an entry fee until $100 with no chase team required.
Idaho747
1/9/2015 11:07am
TeamGreen wrote:
Do the $/mile calculation for the San Felipe race...

$7.56 per mile. If my math is right
Potts
1/9/2015 11:09am
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm a Motio-Guy that loves riding in Baja, too. I even race down there... We've had a few discussions in here about the changes in/at SCORE...
I'm a Motio-Guy that loves riding in Baja, too. I even race down there...

We've had a few discussions in here about the changes in/at SCORE. Some have defended Roger Norman & told me &'others that we're wrong about Roger &'what he's done/doing to SCORE.

Here's the thing: I ACTUALLY RACE IN BAJA.

Until now.

$1890 Entry Fee for the San Felipe 250.

That's a 250 mile race...$1890...for an Over 50 Motorcycle Entry.

Good Bye, Roger.

I'll be racing with Casey Folks/BITD in Nevada.
Yes... since Roger took over and made it very clear Motorcycles are not welcome the motorcycle entries are pathetic! I was surprised to find out that most of the car guys don't like him either! I stopped racing SCORE last year but decided to ride the 1000 course from Ensenada to La Paz the week of the race for fun and met many of the racers along the way. No one I talked to felt Roger brought anything positive to SCORE and ALL of them said NO MORE! Best In The Desert seems to be the new choice for long distance racers and I hope Casey gets record entries!! Casey and Diane are the BEST!

For myself, I have the Baja addiction and racing in Baja is like no other! The fact that you get to pre-run so you know the course makes it so your speeds are higher than a Best In the Desert where you check up a lot because you are unsure a little of what is coming up next. I also guess the danger that goes along with Baja is a part of the attraction.

The cost of racing SCORE is outrageous but like many types of addicts, you must get your fix! See you in San Felipe!

BAMX
1/9/2015 11:18am
BITD is good but it is too bad that they dumped Laughlin this year. It was their best race but I think that it was a money loser. One thing that I like about Casey is that he will answer your questions honestly. At least that has been my experience.
BAMX
1/9/2015 11:21am
Potts wrote:
Yes... since Roger took over and made it very clear Motorcycles are not welcome the motorcycle entries are pathetic! I was surprised to find out that...
Yes... since Roger took over and made it very clear Motorcycles are not welcome the motorcycle entries are pathetic! I was surprised to find out that most of the car guys don't like him either! I stopped racing SCORE last year but decided to ride the 1000 course from Ensenada to La Paz the week of the race for fun and met many of the racers along the way. No one I talked to felt Roger brought anything positive to SCORE and ALL of them said NO MORE! Best In The Desert seems to be the new choice for long distance racers and I hope Casey gets record entries!! Casey and Diane are the BEST!

For myself, I have the Baja addiction and racing in Baja is like no other! The fact that you get to pre-run so you know the course makes it so your speeds are higher than a Best In the Desert where you check up a lot because you are unsure a little of what is coming up next. I also guess the danger that goes along with Baja is a part of the attraction.

The cost of racing SCORE is outrageous but like many types of addicts, you must get your fix! See you in San Felipe!

Guys in $750,00 trucks don't like getting beat by guys on $15k bikes plain and simpleSmile Roger is a truck guy...enough said.
TeamGreen
1/9/2015 1:00pm
Potts wrote:
Yes... since Roger took over and made it very clear Motorcycles are not welcome the motorcycle entries are pathetic! I was surprised to find out that...

BAMX wrote:
Guys in $750,00 trucks don't like getting beat by guys on $15k bikes plain and simpleSmile Roger is a truck guy...enough said.
TT drivers...I know that this is often said & joked about; but, I think it's all about the $$$

Period

Roger comes from money and he only knows "his" kind of life-style. Without trying to sound too derogatory, I think he's out of touch with the average Joe...which is actually sad. Working Class Competitors are on their way out.
BAMX
1/9/2015 1:24pm
TeamGreen wrote:
TT drivers...I know that this is often said & joked about; but, I think it's all about the $$$ Period Roger comes from money and he...
TT drivers...I know that this is often said & joked about; but, I think it's all about the $$$

Period

Roger comes from money and he only knows "his" kind of life-style. Without trying to sound too derogatory, I think he's out of touch with the average Joe...which is actually sad. Working Class Competitors are on their way out.
I don't think that he even cares. When he took over, he called here and asked for a favor. He got the favor and hasn't been heard from since...at least as far as I am aware.
BobbyM
1/9/2015 4:22pm
JeepnMike wrote:
Quit being so negative Manny :laugh: I couldn't even afford to consider it.. That is freaking nuts for a race that is really just a hobby...

TeamGreen wrote:
I thought I was chartering a plane!

$1890 for a bike that's bejng raced by a bunch of AARP members.

Insane
Yea but hell, you get some bbq fish tacos and some free Tecate at the finish line don't ya?
Coyote
1/9/2015 5:32pm
Potts wrote:

BAMX wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
TT drivers...I know that this is often said & joked about; but, I think it's all about the $$$ Period Roger comes from money and he...

Period

don't know roger and sounds like i don't care to!! on the other hand, I know casey and I'd race his events over any others any time...great guys with a proven record over prbly 3 decades...at least!! just sayin!!
machine
1/9/2015 5:35pm
Well, it's a lot damn safer in NV, no boobie traps!
Coyote
1/9/2015 6:40pm
machine wrote:
Well, it's a lot damn safer in NV, no boobie traps!
nevada or mexico there wouldn't be any booby traps due to kc himself prbly prerunning!! Yea, I know a thing or two about mexico booby traps...11/4/94 1000 went to sleep for a month or so, think I'll stay in nevada from now on

Post a reply to: I'm not racing SCORE anymore...

The Latest