If you were Mitch Payton

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2013 9:39am
What riders would you sign for 2014? Because it starts to look that that 2013 will be the first season in very long that they will end without a championship...

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Adam Cianciarulo
- Jason Anderson
- Justin Hill
- Tyler Bowers (SX Only)

- Blake Baggett ?
- Chris Pourcel
|
6/9/2013 10:52am
MXMattii wrote:
What riders would you sign for 2014? Because it starts to look that that 2013 will be the first season in very long that they will...
What riders would you sign for 2014? Because it starts to look that that 2013 will be the first season in very long that they will end without a championship...

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Adam Cianciarulo
- Jason Anderson
- Justin Hill
- Tyler Bowers (SX Only)

- Blake Baggett ?
- Chris Pourcel
Bowers is racing AX for 2 more years for Babbits........
Flip109
6/9/2013 10:55am
If herlings came over here and got on a pc 250 it would be epic.
6/9/2013 11:01am
dont wanne be a pain in the ass but i doubt that Kawasaki or Monster would pay for Herlings what he gets payed here

you have to consider he is unproven in the states and as we have all seen coming in fresh of a title in europe does not mean you will win it the first year out
6/9/2013 11:05am
I wouldnt want pourcel to inconsistent now you never no wich christoph you will get

The Shop

6/9/2013 11:08am
bagget will stay down in 250s for 1 more year and I think you will see mitch stick with davalos. I actually think hill might find himself in a tough spot if he doesn't pick it up outdoors.
Choppy
6/9/2013 11:53am
If I'm Mitch, I understand that it's a long season.
APLMAN99
6/9/2013 11:55am
MXMattii wrote:
What riders would you sign for 2014? Because it starts to look that that 2013 will be the first season in very long that they will...

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Adam Cianciarulo
- Jason Anderson
- Justin Hill
- Tyler Bowers (SX Only)

- Blake Baggett ?
- Chris Pourcel
Isn't Pourcel retired?
Choppy
6/9/2013 11:57am
MXMattii wrote:

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Adam Cianciarulo
- Jason Anderson
- Justin Hill
- Tyler Bowers (SX Only)

- Blake Baggett ?
- Chris Pourcel
APLMAN99 wrote:
Isn't Pourcel retired?
He'll be looking for a job soon, so retired might not be the word...dumb ass comes to mind.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/9/2013 12:01pm
I would be sorry for picking this years team while shitfaced. Never thought I would see the most dominate team in MX/SX be getting schooled by 2 other teams in the same year. Durham, Hill and Davalos were not wise additions to the team.
BAMX
6/9/2013 12:20pm
Flip109 wrote:
Herling could get someone to actually pay him to race. Talent goes where it is appreciated and that is shown in $$$$$$ PC has gotten away with paying nothing to riders because their bikes were so good that the championship was theirs to loose. Those days are over and there are a number of teams with as good or better equipment. Just my 2 cents.
Choppy
6/9/2013 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2013 12:23pm
Flip109 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
Herling could get someone to actually pay him to race. Talent goes where it is appreciated and that is shown in $$$$$$ PC has gotten away...
Herling could get someone to actually pay him to race. Talent goes where it is appreciated and that is shown in $$$$$$ PC has gotten away with paying nothing to riders because their bikes were so good that the championship was theirs to loose. Those days are over and there are a number of teams with as good or better equipment. Just my 2 cents.
I love this idea that Mitch pays nothing, and basically has slave labor compared to the other teams.
As soon as they win again, everyone will be calling them cheaters again....
6/9/2013 12:30pm
Well if you could get Jeffrey, then definitely Jeffrey (though from a selfish pov I hope not). He's certainly on par with Musquin and Roczen. He'd maybe need a little extra time with SX I think, but riders of that quality are rare so definitely him - no brainer really. Adam Cianciarulo is likely to make a splash at some point too; as we all know a major amateur success. How long is Cooper Webb tied up for? He certainly warrants interest.

Blake Baggett is another exceptional rider and deserves his PC ride. I'm a little concerned about his wrist injury, I think it could potentially be much more serious than previously thought. But for now I would definitely be looking to keep BB though.
Trav138
6/9/2013 12:34pm
Is Durham signed with PC for next year?
Flip109
6/9/2013 12:35pm
Cooper web will be really good after a year of experience and a better team.
mototrader
6/9/2013 12:36pm
Flip109 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
Herling could get someone to actually pay him to race. Talent goes where it is appreciated and that is shown in $$$$$$ PC has gotten away...
PC riders get paid good, only if they perform though.

I agree with you on the bike thing though, i don't think PC has the edge it once did
MXMattii
6/9/2013 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2013 12:42pm
MXMattii wrote:

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Adam Cianciarulo
- Jason Anderson
- Justin Hill
- Tyler Bowers (SX Only)

- Blake Baggett ?
- Chris Pourcel
APLMAN99 wrote:
Isn't Pourcel retired?
Choppy wrote:
He'll be looking for a job soon, so retired might not be the word...dumb ass comes to mind.
CP has enough money to be retired, believe me Cool

Jeffrey Herlings - They will sell him away from KTM like they did with Tyla Rattray ( Laughing )
Adam Cianciarulo
Jason Anderson
Justin Hill
Blake Baggett

Clément Desalle
Dean Wilson

I don't see Durham & Davalos riding on PC next year... Both are crashing allot and are delivering what you should expect from these guys.
BAMX
6/9/2013 12:44pm
Flip109 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
mototrader wrote:
PC riders get paid good, only if they perform though. I agree with you on the bike thing though, i don't think PC has the edge...

I agree with you on the bike thing though, i don't think PC has the edge it once did
I guess that my point on money was not well put. PC is known to be low on salary. Years ago that was no problem since the equipment was so good that it was made up for in performance bonuses. If you are a rider in the position of being choosy at all, why would you not go towards the higher salary, especially with fields as stacked as they are this year? Do they have bonus money for 10th?
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
6/9/2013 12:46pm
Anderson will still be with Rockstar for another year
WeiserGuy
6/9/2013 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2013 1:05pm
250 short list signing 4

Baggett
Bowers (sx only if they redo AX schedule or buyout contract with $$/suspension-engine support to Babbits)
Jeremy Martin
AC
Cooper Webb (buy his last year out with a $$/suspension-engine support to Star)
Justin Hill

450 short list signing 2

Tomac
Rattray
Peick
Malcolm Stewart
S.Loyer
6/9/2013 12:49pm
Judging by the PulpMX interview with Mitch, I would guess Davalos will be at PC next year. Mitch has a lot of faith in him.
To say Hill was a mistake is stupid, he is a rookie and has been riding well, just needs better starts.

I don't know who he should pick but Hill and Davalos are good picks.
mototrader
6/9/2013 12:54pm
BAMX wrote:
mototrader wrote:
PC riders get paid good, only if they perform though. I agree with you on the bike thing though, i don't think PC has the edge...

BAMX wrote:
I guess that my point on money was not well put. PC is known to be low on salary. Years ago that was no problem since...
I guess that my point on money was not well put. PC is known to be low on salary. Years ago that was no problem since the equipment was so good that it was made up for in performance bonuses. If you are a rider in the position of being choosy at all, why would you not go towards the higher salary, especially with fields as stacked as they are this year? Do they have bonus money for 10th?
Like I said..they get paid when they perform. If I recall correctly, Deano said in his last contract that he only got paid if he was on the box
MXMattii
6/9/2013 12:56pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Judging by the PulpMX interview with Mitch, I would guess Davalos will be at PC next year. Mitch has a lot of faith in him. To...
Judging by the PulpMX interview with Mitch, I would guess Davalos will be at PC next year. Mitch has a lot of faith in him.
To say Hill was a mistake is stupid, he is a rookie and has been riding well, just needs better starts.

Hill is a rookie and needs some time thats why I would give him another year but Davalos is already such a long time in the 250 class. With Durham I don't know. He's a good rider but I don't think he's ever gonna be a contender for a championship.

450 Class I really would look at Clément Desalle. The rumors are saying that he's looking for something new.
6/9/2013 1:02pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Judging by the PulpMX interview with Mitch, I would guess Davalos will be at PC next year. Mitch has a lot of faith in him. To...

MXMattii wrote:
Hill is a rookie and needs some time thats why I would give him another year but Davalos is already such a long time in the...
Hill is a rookie and needs some time thats why I would give him another year but Davalos is already such a long time in the 250 class. With Durham I don't know. He's a good rider but I don't think he's ever gonna be a contender for a championship.

450 Class I really would look at Clément Desalle. The rumors are saying that he's looking for something new.
Maybe Strijbos too, I thought he also commented about wanting to do the Nationals (it's probably soon or never for him).
MXMattii
6/9/2013 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2013 1:12pm
S.Loyer wrote:

MXMattii wrote:
Hill is a rookie and needs some time thats why I would give him another year but Davalos is already such a long time in the...

Maybe Strijbos too, I thought he also commented about wanting to do the Nationals (it's probably soon or never for him).
You’ve now raced four races in America and done well. Do you think there’s a chance we’ll ever see you here full time in the future? Clément Desalle: I’m open to it. Yeah, sure. I’m open to speak about it. I hope I will get some offer for something, then I can choose.

Source

From Strijbos I don't know for sure. But it's a fact that when you pick Clément you got a top 5 even top 3 contender... There aren't allot of riders out there that are capable of doing the same.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/9/2013 1:44pm
Davalos has never shown anything more than to have the speed to lead a race and then disappoint by the checkered flag. If you were to list the top ten worst signings in history I believe he would be near the top of that list.

Hill has potential but to think he should be on a team the caliber of PC is stretching it. Anyone from the NW always believes any rider from the NW is better than they really are....I know this because we used to live up there. There are rookies that can come in and be top 5 right off the bat and he isn't one of them. Starts are a huge part of racing and should not be used as an excuse to not doing well.
Huckster
6/9/2013 1:56pm
MXMattii wrote:
[b]You’ve now raced four races in America and done well. Do you think there’s a chance we’ll ever see you here full time in the future?[/b]...
You’ve now raced four races in America and done well. Do you think there’s a chance we’ll ever see you here full time in the future? Clément Desalle: I’m open to it. Yeah, sure. I’m open to speak about it. I hope I will get some offer for something, then I can choose.

Source

From Strijbos I don't know for sure. But it's a fact that when you pick Clément you got a top 5 even top 3 contender... There aren't allot of riders out there that are capable of doing the same.
Outdoors probably but what's he like on a SX track? Unfortunately you have to be able to ride both to end up in a factory rig over here.
MXMattii
6/9/2013 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2013 2:07pm
MXMattii wrote:
[b]You’ve now raced four races in America and done well. Do you think there’s a chance we’ll ever see you here full time in the future?[/b]...

Source

Huckster wrote:
Outdoors probably but what's he like on a SX track? Unfortunately you have to be able to ride both to end up in a factory rig...
Outdoors probably but what's he like on a SX track? Unfortunately you have to be able to ride both to end up in a factory rig over here.
Good question. In the past I should have said that he's fairless and has enough technique to figure SX out and to land some Brayton/Short-ish results. But he had two big crashes in 2011 and that took allot of his confidence and fairless.

@KennyT Totally agreeing with you about Davalos. He's a big disappointment. He wasn't in the hunt for the SX championship, not even for a second and now outdoors he is nowhere!
IWreckALot
6/9/2013 2:11pm
It seems like all of the successful up and coming riders have been signed at an amateur stage. I'm curious to hear who Mitch is grooming behind AC. It seems like there was a one or two year gap of unlucky choices after picking Wilson and Baggett. I think picking riders that have already been introduced to the pro ranks is a good way to get a top 10 racer but I don't think you can get a championship contender that way.
DrSweden
6/9/2013 2:20pm
Things look a bit dark for PC right now, sure maybe we should wait and see though. But still, based on previous season, standings right now, seems this season is toasted, they went from ruler in all classes to barley top five, and I really don't see any change in the horizon? Pretty obvious they are struggling, and I can't see a satisfied Payton at this point?

DeSalle seems like stretch for PC? It's not that he will run for a title in my book, and his attitude, lack of PR-skills that works in an tolerant Europe (people had issues with CP, this is "worse"), will not fly in the US, especially if he struggles for a top five.

Next season, AC healthy, older with this season as a try out, Bagget sans injury, could became the old team of glory.

Post a reply to: If you were Mitch Payton

The Latest