If you dont like Ralph.

Excaliburbmx
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2015 11:22pm
Doesnt really bother me at much but if I could replace him I would suggest Dave Despain.

Who would you suggest if you could.
|
ChrisB10
3/9/2015 5:33pm
I like Ralph but if he croaked I'd like to see Weege get the gig.
3/9/2015 5:34pm
I dont understand the Ralph hate. He's got a great "motorsport" voice, adds excitement when theres action, and generally seems to be a decent guy. I like him! Much as I like him though, Id kill to hear Bailey and Eckman again. The best announcing duo ever in this sport.
fidiot
3/9/2015 5:36pm
I like Ralph. Weege would be great.
zehn
3/9/2015 5:37pm
Ralph is fine by me, but there's something nostalgic about the thought of Dave Despain getting the gig again.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/9/2015 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 5:38pm
Brian Williams. He's available, too.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
3/9/2015 5:39pm
Gilbert Godfrey.
zehn
3/9/2015 5:39pm
GuyB wrote:
"I remember this one time, I cased a triple so hard I almost bit my tongue off..."

Tongue
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
3/9/2015 5:42pm
Ok call me crazy.... but they had a NASCAR guy do announcing with Weege at the Daytona SX and they were both fantastic. You know how Nascar has the two announcers that do their half of the track and then get all ramped up before they hand off to the next guy? He was doing that and I kinda dug it!
Mouse153
3/9/2015 5:43pm
GuyB wrote:
Brian Williams is taking over Justin Barcia's ride.
roost
3/9/2015 5:45pm
I would say Obama.. but all he would do is lie to us...
yzjs7
3/9/2015 5:46pm
I don't personally dislike Ralph but he clearly isn't informed on the sport. I would go with Weege.
jib-tmb
3/9/2015 5:49pm
I like Ralph. I think he does a great job. I'd pick Art too. I think it would be cool to have him as a guest in the booth for race or two.
benstone
3/9/2015 5:52pm
I dont understand the Ralph hate. He's got a great "motorsport" voice, adds excitement when theres action, and generally seems to be a decent guy. I...
I dont understand the Ralph hate. He's got a great "motorsport" voice, adds excitement when theres action, and generally seems to be a decent guy. I like him! Much as I like him though, Id kill to hear Bailey and Eckman again. The best announcing duo ever in this sport.
I got a kick of Ralph this last week when Tomac pointed his bike towards the sky and pinned it through those Whoops - he squealed like a kid "Look at that - Tomac! Wow that was pretty". That's good stuff right there. He's a good counter-point to the inside-knowledge guys. He has stellar delivery without the Uhmmmms and Ahhhhhhs a lot of people have when they're searching for the words.

I would love to see Despain in the booth though. He's Moto to the core.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
3/9/2015 5:55pm
I dont understand the Ralph hate. He's got a great "motorsport" voice, adds excitement when theres action, and generally seems to be a decent guy. I...
benstone wrote:
I got a kick of Ralph this last week when Tomac pointed his bike towards the sky and pinned it through those Whoops - he squealed...
I got a kick of Ralph this last week when Tomac pointed his bike towards the sky and pinned it through those Whoops - he squealed like a kid "Look at that - Tomac! Wow that was pretty". That's good stuff right there. He's a good counter-point to the inside-knowledge guys. He has stellar delivery without the Uhmmmms and Ahhhhhhs a lot of people have when they're searching for the words.

Ralph isn't my issue either. Emig leaves him hanging a lot and leaves out the technical stuff and told Pulp that he doesn't feel qualified to speak about riding skill/what riders should do different
Grizz
3/9/2015 6:00pm
yzjs7 wrote:
I don't personally dislike Ralph but he clearly isn't informed on the sport. I would go with Weege.
Ralph is pretty damn informed at this point.
machine
3/9/2015 6:04pm
I've come to expect that Ralph is going nowhere and that they don't listen to Vital recommendations.
Spergen
3/9/2015 6:07pm
Doug Henry. The sport took a lot from him so would be nice for it to give a little back
Motoxdoc
3/9/2015 6:14pm
roost wrote:
There's that Fox in you coming out again....and I'm not talking motocross fox. Hannity is doing you wrong! Wasn't it you that was complaining about white voter suppression in another thread a couple days ago?Dry

Try to stay on track. This thread is about announcers. BTW, I think Ralph is just fine!
JM485
3/9/2015 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 8:44pm
roost wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
There's that Fox in you coming out again....and I'm not talking motocross fox. Hannity is doing you wrong! Wasn't it you that was complaining about white...
There's that Fox in you coming out again....and I'm not talking motocross fox. Hannity is doing you wrong! Wasn't it you that was complaining about white voter suppression in another thread a couple days ago?Dry

Try to stay on track. This thread is about announcers. BTW, I think Ralph is just fine!
Lol regardless of your political affiliation, to pretend the guy never lied to us is like pretending the sky is green! BTW I think you might be the one who is bringing the political bias into this thread if you assume Fox is the only biased news channel.Whistling

That said, bring back CAMERON STEEL!!!

Edit: I'd like to add that I think Ralph has improved dramatically since he first started and is pretty damn good now, I just thought Cameron was awesome when he did it.
roost
3/9/2015 6:31pm
roost wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
There's that Fox in you coming out again....and I'm not talking motocross fox. Hannity is doing you wrong! Wasn't it you that was complaining about white...

Typical delusional Liberal... Too bad Black unemployment is double the national average... Quick ignore the truth.

The other thread was you ignoring the truth about the Black Panthers...All Liberals ignore the truth... I understand.
DownSouth
3/9/2015 6:33pm
I'd take Weege and Holley all day long over the current duo.
h&m_cycle
3/9/2015 6:38pm
roost wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:

roost wrote:
Typical delusional Liberal... Too bad Black unemployment is double the national average... Quick ignore the truth. The other thread was you ignoring the truth about the...
Typical delusional Liberal... Too bad Black unemployment is double the national average... Quick ignore the truth.

The other thread was you ignoring the truth about the Black Panthers...All Liberals ignore the truth... I understand.
classy
3/9/2015 7:08pm
GuyB wrote:
Lol. He's probably busy rescuing hostages or busting up a crime ring.
3/9/2015 7:11pm
benstone wrote:
I got a kick of Ralph this last week when Tomac pointed his bike towards the sky and pinned it through those Whoops - he squealed...

Yes! Ralph seems to genuinely enjoy the racing. I enjoy his announcing style. I love Emig, but man if only David Bailey was doing the color commentary! He was always spot-on with his insights and added a ton of interesting opinions. Love David Bailey!
WeiserGuy
3/9/2015 7:38pm
yzjs7 wrote:
X 1, 000

Multiple guys I would love to see come back or get a shot. Reality thou Weege would be the best color guy, because he has a clue and his foots in the door. Fro is good but needs to open up more with the knowledge he's retained of the years.
Dx3moto
3/9/2015 7:51pm
Ralph actually does a good job now.
LappedU
3/9/2015 7:54pm
You guys would bitch if Diana Dahlgren did the broadcast! Ralph is much better than he was.

Post a reply to: If you dont like Ralph.

The Latest