4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

If the US GP was held at Red Bud..

bdub

C100_bubba

Posts: 132

Joined: 3/26/2011

Location: Elkhart Lake, WI USA

7/10/2012 8:40 AM

Would it still be as dead as it was at Glen Helen? Just from watching the broadcast this weekend, I would think those Red Bud fans would show up to a GP just like it was a National. Thoughts???

motomike137

C100_thunda_1412785569

Posts: 1574

Joined: 4/22/2010

Location: Fenton, MI USA

7/10/2012 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2012 8:53 AM

I'd be there in a heartbeat! Especially if we could lure a few of our guys to come out and play.

Highsider

C100_saddlebackgreen_1394639366

Posts: 7002

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: Good Riding, IA USA

7/10/2012 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2012 9:16 AM

Add in an amateur program like Tim did at the National and Beasley did at the MXdN. Tell the crew of six we had last weekend and we are there!

I hear three blokes from Australia were there for the National. Let's hear from them, too!

PaleBlue

C100_i_phone_pictures_038

Posts: 1595

Joined: 6/16/2009

Location: Essex, GBR

7/10/2012 10:05 AM

I can't imagine that the GP would want to be held in the heat and (particularly) the humidity of the hight of the summer, as it would be unrideable for most northern Europeans, who would be just dropped into that for, at most, a week. That being the case it would probably be held at the very end of the season, which would mean only those with a chance of a title would turn up.

All in all, can't see it happening.

E.A.S.S.C. - as fun as it gets.............

zapadamnist

C100_johnny_omara_unadilla_1985

Posts: 255

Joined: 11/15/2011

Location: ZWE

7/10/2012 12:35 PM

if you want to see mx fans at the usgp you need to have the best ama racers, if you want the best ama racers you need to put the usgp after the final round of the ama mx, simple as that! isn’t it Ziuzeppe?

the perfect fit will be the final grand prix in US; one week after the final round of the ama mx, like that and imho the usgp will be bigger than the mxon ...

and yes RedBud will be really great for a really great USGP

Carlsbad 1986 - Carlqvist 11, Jobé 4, Thorpe, Lechien, Johnson, Bailey, Ward, Malherbe

dboivin

C100_vital_1395115954

Posts: 1774

Joined: 5/19/2010

Location: Saginaw, MI USA

7/10/2012 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2012 1:00 PM

and don't rape us on the tickets/fee's. i got a feeling a USGP at redbud would go over very well even if the big shooter american riders didnt show. there would be plenty of privateers that would put a whooping on at redbud to satisfy everyone.

Rupert X

C100_briarcliff_amd_bmx_004

Posts: 6177

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Newark, OH USA

7/10/2012 3:04 PM

If I had to guess - and I do - I'd say no more than 5000 would appear at RED BUD for a GP.

Here's why - I;m betting that if RED BUD generally has 20,000 spectators - about 75% are from within a

couple hour drive, do it every year and are there just as much for the party - as they are to watch moto.

ATKpilot99

C100_2001125lq_1380490272

Posts: 3440

Joined: 4/13/2010

Location: Lake Geneva, WI USA

7/10/2012 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2012 3:16 PM

zapadamnist wrote: if you want to see mx fans at the usgp you need to have the best ama racers, if you want the best ama racers you need to put the usgp after the final round of the ama mx, simple as that! isn’t it Ziuzeppe?

the perfect fit will be the final grand prix in US; one week after the final round of the ama mx, like that and imho the usgp will be bigger than the mxon ...

and yes RedBud will be really great for a really great USGP

Carlsbad 1986 - Carlqvist 11, Jobé 4, Thorpe, Lechien, Johnson, Bailey, Ward, Malherbe

The 99 250 USGP at Budds Creek was held after the AMA season and there was little interest from the AMA riders to show up after a long season. Albee raced , Windham, and I'm not sure but I think Ryan Hughes. Also the only reason Windham raced was because of some comments Everts made about the Americans being afraid of getting beat or something to that effect. Anyway there was not another USGP until I think Glen Helen and we all know how that turned out. Edit: I think Hughes was racing the GPs already that year.

haydos25

C100

Posts: 744

Joined: 8/4/2010

Location: Sydney, AUS

7/10/2012 4:27 PM

Why not hold a joint round of the GP's and AMA.

Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying race make it. Line them up Sunday for two motos and let them have at it, points count for both series. You crash out bad luck, imagine the tension in the factory pits if that was the rules.

Cairoli goes 1-1 he gets 50 points in the AMA and in the World Championship. Hold it over the usual 4th of July weekend. Imagine the patriotic atmosphere you'd get then.

Probably a stupid idea that none of the racers or fans would go for and vital would melt down. But could be fun to try it out and get the best on the track together for atleast one weekend, with none of the team play excuses we seem to hear every MXDN.

zapadamnist

C100_johnny_omara_unadilla_1985

Posts: 255

Joined: 11/15/2011

Location: ZWE

7/10/2012 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2012 5:10 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote: The 99 250 USGP at Budds Creek was held after the AMA season and there was little interest from the AMA riders to show up after a long season. Albee raced , Windham, and I'm not sure but I think Ryan Hughes. Also the only reason Windham raced was because of some comments Everts made about the Americans being afraid of getting beat or something to that effect. Anyway there was not another USGP until I think Glen Helen and we all know how that turned out. Edit: I think Hughes was racing the GPs already that year.

Thank you ATKpilot99

finally everyone suck into that topic! fim/youthstream, ama, teams, sponsors, racers, and fans !

all right, condolences to a dream MX1/MX2 USGP !!!

(but i don't want to put the racers on the list because it's sure that they want to do it against all the best, ACHOO!!! sorry)

ehr400

C100_bike_1

Posts: 1763

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Dundee, MI USA

7/10/2012 6:29 PM

haydos25 wrote: Why not hold a joint round of the GP's and AMA.

Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying race make it. Line them up Sunday for two motos and let them have at it, points count for both series. You crash out bad luck, imagine the tension in the factory pits if that was the rules.

Cairoli goes 1-1 he gets 50 points in the AMA and in the World Championship. Hold it over the usual 4th of July weekend. Imagine the patriotic atmosphere you'd get then.

Probably a stupid idea that none of the racers or fans would go for and vital would melt down. But could be fun to try it out and get the best on the track together for atleast one weekend, with none of the team play excuses we seem to hear every MXDN.

I really like that idea. Sorta like the east west shootout.

haydos25

C100

Posts: 744

Joined: 8/4/2010

Location: Sydney, AUS

7/10/2012 7:39 PM

ehr400 wrote: I really like that idea. Sorta like the east west shootout.

Would be the race of the year without doubt. Im sure sponsor conflicts, sound and fuel regulations, length of races and controlling body issues would be given as reasons it wont work, and any of those is a valid reason i guess.

Just imagine the tension on the startline for the top contenders on saturday having to squeeze through the first turn safely and score a top 20 just to get a chance to line up and attempt to score points against the 40 fastest riders on the entire planet the following day. Would be awesome imo.

Wont ever happen but its fun to think about

GuppyGahoo

C100_1q7a3843

Posts: 149

Joined: 11/16/2009

Location: Ringle, WI USA

7/10/2012 8:21 PM

Rupert X wrote: If I had to guess - and I do - I'd say no more than 5000 would appear at RED BUD for a GP.

Here's why - I;m betting that if RED BUD generally has 20,000 spectators - about 75% are from within a

couple hour drive, do it every year and are there just as much for the party - as they are to watch moto.

We're on the same page rup...

Reese95w

C100_vital_pic_1385928425

Posts: 2978

Joined: 2/7/2011

Location: Kent, WA USA

7/10/2012 10:12 PM

zapadamnist wrote: if you want to see mx fans at the usgp you need to have the best ama racers, if you want the best ama racers you need to put the usgp after the final round of the ama mx, simple as that! isn’t it Ziuzeppe?

the perfect fit will be the final grand prix in US; one week after the final round of the ama mx, like that and imho the usgp will be bigger than the mxon ...

and yes RedBud will be really great for a really great USGP

Carlsbad 1986 - Carlqvist 11, Jobé 4, Thorpe, Lechien, Johnson, Bailey, Ward, Malherbe

Good idea! Also roll back the Supercross cross series to 14 events, start the nationals 3 to 4 weeks earlier, and have a USGP the week after the nationals are over.

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

Johnny Utah

C100_utah290x193

Posts: 52

Joined: 7/9/2012

Location: Twentynine Palms, CA USA

7/11/2012 7:57 AM

You want to have a huge USGP?

Hold it at Gatorback, in FL. FL is one of the top 2 MX states in the country, and has been without a national for years.

If the AMA won't give the south east the national it really deserves, then bring in the GP and give those people something to go watch other than Dade City points races.

Johnny Utah

C100_utah290x193

Posts: 52

Joined: 7/9/2012

Location: Twentynine Palms, CA USA

7/11/2012 7:59 AM

haydos25 wrote: Why not hold a joint round of the GP's and AMA.

Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying race make it. Line them up Sunday for two motos and let them have at it, points count for both series. You crash out bad luck, imagine the tension in the factory pits if that was the rules.

Cairoli goes 1-1 he gets 50 points in the AMA and in the World Championship. Hold it over the usual 4th of July weekend. Imagine the patriotic atmosphere you'd get then.

Probably a stupid idea that none of the racers or fans would go for and vital would melt down. But could be fun to try it out and get the best on the track together for atleast one weekend, with none of the team play excuses we seem to hear every MXDN.

I like this. Combine it with my Southeast US idea, and I think you'd have a huuuuge event.
Post a Reply to: If the US GP was held at Red Bud..

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm