If Villopoto races another Grand Prix, Please let him race his USA Kawasaki

Danster
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2015 12:58am
You can see it in his riding he's not happy with his setup on his Factory Kawasaki at the Grand Prix's
Get rid of everyone that's involved in his Grand Prix's effort , and bring in his USA crew
and I guarantee wins (Look at all his MXDN'S video's) and podium finishes will come, its not like Wilbur needs them,
and no disrespect to the Grand Prix's racers because Max Nagl is killing it on his Husky and I'm a fan
of Clement Deselle (has the worse luck).

|
mx836
6/11/2015 3:01pm
I wish RV would just announce his retirement already and get the wild speculation and fan dreams to end.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/11/2015 3:09pm
Danster wrote:
You can see it in his riding he's not happy with his setup on his Factory Kawasaki at the Grand Prix's Get rid of everyone that's...
You can see it in his riding he's not happy with his setup on his Factory Kawasaki at the Grand Prix's
Get rid of everyone that's involved in his Grand Prix's effort , and bring in his USA crew
and I guarantee wins (Look at all his MXDN'S video's) and podium finishes will come, its not like Wilbur needs them,
and no disrespect to the Grand Prix's racers because Max Nagl is killing it on his Husky and I'm a fan

To be exact, he can't race his exact US bike, different fuel and sound limits. The first few rounds he raced KRT's bike, but the last round where he was injured he had his USA MXDN spec bike (electronics, engine, etc.) with some new suspension settings. That'll be the bike he'll be riding when he gets back.
6/11/2015 3:52pm
Danster wrote:
You can see it in his riding he's not happy with his setup on his Factory Kawasaki at the Grand Prix's Get rid of everyone that's...

ML512 wrote:
To be exact, he can't race his exact US bike, different fuel and sound limits. The first few rounds he raced KRT's bike, but the last...
To be exact, he can't race his exact US bike, different fuel and sound limits. The first few rounds he raced KRT's bike, but the last round where he was injured he had his USA MXDN spec bike (electronics, engine, etc.) with some new suspension settings. That'll be the bike he'll be riding when he gets back.
Have you heard anything about when he might return? Who are you btw. I know you're important and know more than 99.997% of people on here. Thanks

The Shop

6/11/2015 4:07pm
I thought the problem WAS that RV was running too much of his USA setup? the euros tried to tell him he needed a different setup but he didn't listen or like it.
KlootZak
6/11/2015 4:08pm
He would even be worse off. Tracks between US and EU are so different, why would the setup between his EU and AMA bike be the same as well?
BobbyM
6/11/2015 4:25pm
if rv could have taken his American setup with him, bike, wrench, etc.

there is no doubt that he'd at least still be in contention.

wonder why he didn't or couldn't do just that? hmmm....
PressPassP
6/11/2015 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2015 5:40pm
He openly said he didn't feel the need to change much at all when he first started testing the KRT bike

I think he'd fare better at Glen Helen than at some of the GP tracks that havn't suited his riding style which definately has its differences to other riders

Just look how he absolutely tore it up in Thailand where it clearly suited him
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/11/2015 4:57pm
I thought the problem WAS that RV was running too much of his USA setup? the euros tried to tell him he needed a different setup...
I thought the problem WAS that RV was running too much of his USA setup? the euros tried to tell him he needed a different setup but he didn't listen or like it.
Mostly that was his suspension settings. The biggest thing he wants/needs was his US engine spec and electronics. KRT is actually a private team in Europe that had their own engine and electronics program. Based on the feedback I've heard from people close to Ryan and guys within Kawasaki USA, that KRT engine is A LOT different from the one KMC uses.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/11/2015 4:58pm
Have you heard anything about when he might return? Who are you btw. I know you're important and know more than 99.997% of people on here...
Have you heard anything about when he might return? Who are you btw. I know you're important and know more than 99.997% of people on here. Thanks
I'm the Content Manager here at Vital MX, check out the homepage sometime to learn more about what I do around here. Wink
dboivin
6/11/2015 5:02pm
Have you heard anything about when he might return? Who are you btw. I know you're important and know more than 99.997% of people on here...
ML512 wrote:
I'm the Content Manager here at Vital MX, check out the homepage sometime to learn more about what I do around here. Wink
you mean these forums are not the homepage? Tongue
bvm111
6/11/2015 5:09pm
ML512 wrote:
what this "home page" you speak of.... WhistlingWhistlingWhistlingWhistling
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/11/2015 5:10pm
bvm111 wrote:
Would you go there if I told you there were 2-strokes?
Fat Fingers
6/11/2015 5:14pm
There is no way he only races the USGP. If you thought he was unprepared in Qatar, he would get a whole new dose of reality coming back for 1 x GP where he could be racing top GP guys and Dungey, perhaps more.

3-4 races under his belt and that may be a different story. He could go to Glen Helen, clean up and what a great victory lap that would be to close out his career.

Danster
6/11/2015 6:01pm
Danster wrote:

He could be he's not in top shape and took there riders granted ( their professionals motocross races for nothing)
But look what's he done in, Saint Jean D'Angely France in 2011
Donington Park in 2008,
Matterley Basinin 2006
he never g
had problems then, ans soory to say.... Put a butt kicking on all the grand prix's racers at Budds Creek
I really think he's mentally and physically done, nice vacation, but got a eye opener......
Danster
6/11/2015 6:03pm
he never had a issue before
yakrider
6/11/2015 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2015 6:57pm
It is doubtful that the settings on his U.S. bike would work on the GP tracks. That's a part of the reason why the U.S. team has struggled in recent years at the MXoN. There is no doubt RV struggled with set up, but he also struggled with riders that were faster on the GP tracks than he was. Of course, they had a huge advantage in that they were veterans of the GP circuit and knew the ins and outs of what's needed to win.
h&m_cycle
6/11/2015 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2015 7:24pm
bvm111 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Would you go there if I told you there were 2-strokes?
Hell, a lot of members probably don't know that, if you go to the home page, on the right hand side there's a column that's
lets you know what threads are active...

yeah, I know the threads to the top of the forum are, but you can pick up some more info...
Seamorbutts
6/11/2015 8:10pm
Danster wrote:

Danster wrote:
He could be he's not in top shape and took there riders granted ( their professionals motocross races for nothing) But look what's he done in...
He could be he's not in top shape and took there riders granted ( their professionals motocross races for nothing)
Donington Park in 2008,
Matterley Basinin 2006
he never g
had problems then, ans soory to say.... Put a butt kicking on all the grand prix's racers at Budds Creek
I really think he's mentally and physically done, nice vacation, but got a eye opener......
Can you type It again, but In English this time please?
struth
6/11/2015 8:16pm
Danster wrote:

Danster wrote:
He could be he's not in top shape and took there riders granted ( their professionals motocross races for nothing) But look what's he done in...
Donington Park in 2008,
Matterley Basinin 2006
he never g
Can you type It again, but In English this time please?
Huh, all the words he used, r English words.

What do you see, German or something?
6/12/2015 12:06am
ML512 wrote:
Mostly that was his suspension settings. The biggest thing he wants/needs was his US engine spec and electronics. KRT is actually a private team in Europe...
Mostly that was his suspension settings. The biggest thing he wants/needs was his US engine spec and electronics. KRT is actually a private team in Europe that had their own engine and electronics program. Based on the feedback I've heard from people close to Ryan and guys within Kawasaki USA, that KRT engine is A LOT different from the one KMC uses.
KRT, a "private team" ???
Spydee
6/12/2015 12:11am
Has there been any news in regards to his return or are we all still in the dark about it?

(haven't been round here for the past week or so)
The Rock
6/12/2015 12:34am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2015 12:34am
ML512 wrote:
To be exact, he can't race his exact US bike, different fuel and sound limits. The first few rounds he raced KRT's bike, but the last...
Glad we got to talk at GH Michael.

Milsap's factory Kawasaki SX bike would only be one db off (if memory serves correct) from passing in MXGP sound test this season. No major sound limit changes until 2019. Then they'll be a lot quieter and is why the OEMs have 3 to 4 years to knock two more decibels off.

Funny Roczen was wanting his Euro stuff and RV was wanting his US stuff.
6/12/2015 12:44am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2015 12:46am
Danster wrote:

Danster wrote:
Donington Park in 2008,
Matterley Basinin 2006
he never g
I think it's a mistake to use the RV attended MXDNs as a gauge of how well he adapts to the GP tracks.

2006 - Probably the closest thing we have to a National track in the GP series.

2008 - Certainly not a traditional GP track.

2011 - A real GP track where Villopoto, being the incredible rider he is, was able to overcome the difficulty and pull in some strong results. However it must also be said that much of the competition either wasn't there that day or suffered with terrible uncharacteristic problems. Tony especially.
6/12/2015 12:46am
I thought the problem WAS that RV was running too much of his USA setup? the euros tried to tell him he needed a different setup...
ML512 wrote:
Mostly that was his suspension settings. The biggest thing he wants/needs was his US engine spec and electronics. KRT is actually a private team in Europe...
KRT a private team ?? on all european sites its mentioned as the factory team for KTM Europe and MXGP

http://www.kawasaki.nl/nl/racing/motocross/kawasaki_racing_team
RY4N37
6/12/2015 12:52am
His U.S. bike wouldn't conform to the rules in GP's, regarding noise/fuel. I just don't think he had long enough in Europe to get the set up on his GP bike where he wanted it.
6/12/2015 12:53am
Danster wrote:

Danster wrote:
Donington Park in 2008,
Matterley Basinin 2006
he never g
I think it's a mistake to use the RV attended MXDNs as a gauge of how well he adapts to the GP tracks. 2006 - Probably...
I think it's a mistake to use the RV attended MXDNs as a gauge of how well he adapts to the GP tracks.

2006 - Probably the closest thing we have to a National track in the GP series.

2008 - Certainly not a traditional GP track.

2011 - A real GP track where Villopoto, being the incredible rider he is, was able to overcome the difficulty and pull in some strong results. However it must also be said that much of the competition either wasn't there that day or suffered with terrible uncharacteristic problems. Tony especially.
of al MXDN races , 2011 was the least impressive performance of RV in my opinion with a 3-1 .... years before he was faster and dominating
jamma10
6/12/2015 12:55am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2015 12:55am
His European MXdN results are 3-2, 10-1 and 3-1.
Jimfunn
6/12/2015 12:58am
I might get shot down for this but I don't think RV was mentally for physically prepared enough for the season. I think if the same RV had turned up this season as he has done for US outdoors, the bad bike set-up wouldn't have mattered and he would've muscled it and held it wide open enough to make it work. Then throughout the season the bike can play catch-up with setup and he would've got better & better.

Post a reply to: If Villopoto races another Grand Prix, Please let him race his USA Kawasaki

The Latest