If Tomac Osborned Dungey

5/12/2017 6:55pm
It seems like a lot of people either think it was awesome that Osborn took out Savatgy or "they don't have a problem with it" I have a feeling that these same guys would be so pissed if Tomac took out Dungey. AND what is a BIG question, what would the AMA do if Tomac won the championship by that take out? Just a $7500 fine? Would they be consistent? They never have been before.
|
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
5/12/2017 7:00pm
If Tomac crashed dungey, it would've been sabotage. Zach and Joey's deal was just racing.
gnarwhip
5/12/2017 7:25pm
...he would've won the title. Then everyone would go into crisis lockdown mode and cry like little girls.
Ted722
5/12/2017 7:29pm
Nah, that fragile Factory Kawie would have suffered another mechanical. So, the" if coulda shoulda woulda" question earns a moot point.
cali11
5/12/2017 7:29pm
He took him high a few times, and they botched about that!

The Shop

dirtnapper
5/12/2017 8:10pm
gnarwhip wrote:
...he would've won the title. Then everyone would go into crisis lockdown mode and cry like little girls.
Just like you cry about Dungey All. The. Time. ??
Pinch
Hut
5/12/2017 8:13pm
Not enough kleenex in the world. Laughing
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/12/2017 8:14pm
If Tomac would have taken out Dungey, Anderson would have taken out Tomac assuming he was close enough to do it.
Just ask Reed. That said, Eli has WAY too much class and respect to be that aggressive against a fellow champion Dungey. He "races hard, but clean".
Hut
5/12/2017 8:15pm
TbonesPop wrote:
If Tomac would have taken out Dungey, Anderson would have taken out Tomac assuming he was close enough to do it. Just ask Reed. That said...
If Tomac would have taken out Dungey, Anderson would have taken out Tomac assuming he was close enough to do it.
Just ask Reed. That said, Eli has WAY too much class and respect to be that aggressive against a fellow champion Dungey. He "races hard, but clean".
Theoretically he would have cleaned out Dungey and checked out to victory.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
5/12/2017 8:58pm
If he cleaned him out in the initial pass for the lead, all fair and just racing.

If he did the bunching thing and ran him off the track several times, then let him pass, and then cleaned him out. It would have been a pre meditated malicious act and KTM would have the opinion the FIM should have done something about it before it escalated to the point of endangering their rider and the reigning champion. They would use the precedent of Reed being instantly black flagged for taking out Canard a couple years ago.

There would be a massive legal battle between KTM and the FIM for not enforcing the rules consistently and Vital would explode.

Glad it ended up the way it did. Eli tried his strategy and rode a wiiiiiiiide bike, but ultimately he didn't do anything too crazy.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/12/2017 9:02pm
FWIW, Tomac is still getting better. Dungey has and always will be Mr Consistent. Tomac had a good year, all things considered. He made beaucoup bucks, almost won the championship, gained some priceless experience, and most importantly stayed healthy. He's fine. Like KirkChandler said "ultimately he didn't do anything too crazy."

gnarwhip
5/12/2017 9:16pm
gnarwhip wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Pinch
Na bro I like Dungey, I just don't like his teams pull over order for Marv.
BobbyM
5/12/2017 9:50pm
It seems like a lot of people either think it was awesome that Osborn took out Savatgy or "they don't have a problem with it" I...
It seems like a lot of people either think it was awesome that Osborn took out Savatgy or "they don't have a problem with it" I have a feeling that these same guys would be so pissed if Tomac took out Dungey. AND what is a BIG question, what would the AMA do if Tomac won the championship by that take out? Just a $7500 fine? Would they be consistent? They never have been before.
Please quit breathing. Please...
USMCMXer
5/12/2017 10:01pm
gnarwhip wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Pinch
gnarwhip wrote:
Na bro I like Dungey, I just don't like his teams pull over order for Marv.
You sir are a complete dipshit! Stop it, you have never uttered a positive word about Dungey. I like your troll posts though, so please don't stop! Fun to see your whiney, two-year old, pouty rants. Makes all the actual moto fan posts that much more legitimate. You and a couple others are a nice contrast to reality.
5/12/2017 10:33pm
I'm still pissed off about no one talking about Anderson's efforts to help Dungey especially his take out on Reed.. My assumption is Reed doesnt really like Dungey and Reed would have attempted to take him out Anderson knew this so he bumped him off the track.
mxjon454
5/12/2017 10:56pm
It seems like a lot of people either think it was awesome that Osborn took out Savatgy or "they don't have a problem with it" I...
Shoot half the guys here were saying that there was no problem with what osborne did, also said tomac was a dirty rider for doing what he did to dungey even though he couldve easily put him on the ground. There's a lot of hypocrites in these threads lol
skypig
5/12/2017 11:09pm
If he cleaned him out in the initial pass for the lead, all fair and just racing. If he did the bunching thing and ran him...
If he cleaned him out in the initial pass for the lead, all fair and just racing.

If he did the bunching thing and ran him off the track several times, then let him pass, and then cleaned him out. It would have been a pre meditated malicious act and KTM would have the opinion the FIM should have done something about it before it escalated to the point of endangering their rider and the reigning champion. They would use the precedent of Reed being instantly black flagged for taking out Canard a couple years ago.

There would be a massive legal battle between KTM and the FIM for not enforcing the rules consistently and Vital would explode.

Glad it ended up the way it did. Eli tried his strategy and rode a wiiiiiiiide bike, but ultimately he didn't do anything too crazy.
This. ^^^

If Tomac crashed, rode from 20seconds behind second last place, catching Dungey with one corner to go, and made an identical move, I'd be fine with that. Even Savatgy has said "he'd do the same thing".

I don't believe Osbornes pass would have been anything like what transpired if his bike wasn't stuck for so long, and he had caught Savatgy with say, a lap to go. He just would have cruised past in a safe spot and gapped him.

Osborne had a choice: Pass Savatgy when/where/how he did, or not win the title.

Eli would have had to ride like it wasn't a race, but rather a demolition derby, to have done that to Dungy.
As it was, he did everything he could, without lowering his standard from "clean hard racer". (Or incurring the random wraith of the controlling body.)

KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/12/2017 11:21pm
If Dungey was floundering around in the lower end of the top 10 on the last lap and Tomac was flying through the pack towards the front after going down in the first turn I would have applauded Tomac. Osborne did everything correct.

Tomacs display was nothing I've ever seen before....thankfully it failed
5/12/2017 11:36pm
You can't see the difference between racing through the pack and going for a last lap pass, and letting someone past to clean them out?
No doubt it would have been a black flag/dq
wsc96
Fantasy
553rd
5/12/2017 11:39pm
skypig wrote:
This. ^^^ If Tomac crashed, rode from 20seconds behind second last place, catching Dungey with one corner to go, and made an identical move, I'd be...
This. ^^^

If Tomac crashed, rode from 20seconds behind second last place, catching Dungey with one corner to go, and made an identical move, I'd be fine with that. Even Savatgy has said "he'd do the same thing".

I don't believe Osbornes pass would have been anything like what transpired if his bike wasn't stuck for so long, and he had caught Savatgy with say, a lap to go. He just would have cruised past in a safe spot and gapped him.

Osborne had a choice: Pass Savatgy when/where/how he did, or not win the title.

Eli would have had to ride like it wasn't a race, but rather a demolition derby, to have done that to Dungy.
As it was, he did everything he could, without lowering his standard from "clean hard racer". (Or incurring the random wraith of the controlling body.)

Yep and regardless, Dungey could have gotten back up off the floor and finished the race just like Savatgy did and he still would have won the championship. I'm fine with everything that went down in both classes.
skypig
5/13/2017 12:03am
I agree.
I'm fine with everything that went on in both classes, except for Osbornes fine. (Which hardly matters either.)
A great night of racing!
hoots3pak
5/13/2017 12:35am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 4:53am
Wow
MX-LIFE.
5/13/2017 6:52am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 6:53am
Tomac should have did what Osborne did,hell it only cost a fine but it would have been worth a championship and I'm sure Kawasaki would have been ok with paying​ the fine! RC MC JS7 RV Stanton Reed JMB Conard Bradshaw would have parked Dungey ass! Just like in the NBA the final few minutes of a championship game the refs stand back and let them play! Decoster would have parked Dungey to and I'm sure back in his day he parked a few riders for a championship!
kkawboy14
5/13/2017 7:04am
BobbyM wrote:
......thank you!
Kawi15
5/13/2017 7:13am
Well he did blow him off the track once. That is pretty much the same thing.
kawirider819
5/13/2017 7:49am
mxjon454 wrote:
Shoot half the guys here were saying that there was no problem with what osborne did, also said tomac was a dirty rider for doing what...
Shoot half the guys here were saying that there was no problem with what osborne did, also said tomac was a dirty rider for doing what he did to dungey even though he couldve easily put him on the ground. There's a lot of hypocrites in these threads lol
It's the result of Tomac haters having nothing to pout about all year long. As soon as they get some ammo they let loose and rant about it for 2 weeks straight.
davistld01
5/13/2017 8:34am
Yeah...but he didn't. Life goes on.
5/13/2017 8:55am
BobbyM wrote:
That's a little excessive, don't you think?
bigwavedave
5/13/2017 9:45am
KennyT wrote:
If Dungey was floundering around in the lower end of the top 10 on the last lap and Tomac was flying through the pack towards the...
If Dungey was floundering around in the lower end of the top 10 on the last lap and Tomac was flying through the pack towards the front after going down in the first turn I would have applauded Tomac. Osborne did everything correct.

Tomacs display was nothing I've ever seen before....thankfully it failed
Reed vs. Stewart 2009 Las Vegas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-0q_i9ljxs

Post a reply to: If Tomac Osborned Dungey

The Latest