If Roczen switches brand?

Excaliburbmx
Edited Date/Time 5/8/2016 2:40am
How big of an advantage will that be for Dunget?

I know Roczen is jelling with the zook now and switching when things are good may not produce immediate results and give Dung his head start to build another early points lead.
|
5/5/2016 1:06pm
Certainly will be an advantage but for all we know the new CRF will mesh perfectly with KR94.
downard254
5/5/2016 1:34pm
With the chase coming in next year. Kenny will have about 12 races to get his bike dialed in and get comfortable with it. By the beginning of the chase he should be good to go. Wink
Mit12
5/5/2016 1:59pm
downard254 wrote:
With the chase coming in next year. Kenny will have about 12 races to get his bike dialed in and get comfortable with it. By the...
With the chase coming in next year. Kenny will have about 12 races to get his bike dialed in and get comfortable with it. By the beginning of the chase he should be good to go. Wink
12 warm up races leading into a 5 round championship. FELD might need to make it 3 rounds as Dungey had. 20 plus points lead by round five!

The Shop

kiwifan
5/5/2016 2:55pm
No 'if' about it (switching brands)....
BB67
5/5/2016 3:02pm
Dung will be thinking about babies and shite so Roczen will smoke his monkey on that badassery Honda.
cwtoyota
5/5/2016 3:46pm
Certainly will be an advantage but for all we know the new CRF will mesh perfectly with KR94.
Were you being sarcastic? (I'm seriously asking)

That thing could be an awesome bike, a complete turd or a unicorn. Personally I don't think we all know much about it aside from the fact that it looks cool.
5/5/2016 3:59pm
cwtoyota wrote:
Were you being sarcastic? (I'm seriously asking) That thing could be an awesome bike, a complete turd or a unicorn. Personally I don't think we all...

That thing could be an awesome bike, a complete turd or a unicorn. Personally I don't think we all know much about it aside from the fact that it looks cool.
Re read the way I put it.

Im basically saying that all we know is that it looks cool so maybe he gels with it maybe he hates it.

Are there any of them even in our country yet?
cwtoyota
5/5/2016 4:04pm
cwtoyota wrote:
Were you being sarcastic? (I'm seriously asking) That thing could be an awesome bike, a complete turd or a unicorn. Personally I don't think we all...

Re read the way I put it. Im basically saying that all we know is that it looks cool so maybe he gels with it maybe...
Re read the way I put it.

Im basically saying that all we know is that it looks cool so maybe he gels with it maybe he hates it.

Are there any of them even in our country yet?
Yeah, I read that completely wrong. Must be those beers I had last night.
jmx411
5/5/2016 4:05pm
I think a guy named Tomac's and Cooper will be more of a worry in 17 IMO
Crush
5/5/2016 4:21pm
Well Kenny seems to have his Suzuki sorted out after 1.5 years on it... but he also said he now knows what to change to get the bike how he likes it...

So... you could say it gives the Dungey 1.5 years of Kenny not at his best, OR Kenny can set up his Honda quickly, OR the other possibility is Honda are pretty notorius for doing things their way... Reed, Paulin, Canard, Barcia, Eli and MC have all fought that fight and either lost or had to fight it a long time.

Hope he's on it, I like watching Kenny ride when he's happy.
Crush
5/5/2016 4:22pm
cwtoyota wrote:

It looks like poop imo.
Hcallz5
5/5/2016 4:25pm
jmx411 wrote:
I think a guy named Tomac's and Cooper will be more of a worry in 17 IMO
Cooper Tomac?

I heard he is switching to factory Troybilt for '17.
MelonFan123
5/5/2016 4:28pm
Remember the last time he switched brands (KTM to Suzuki) he went 1 - 3 - 1 in his first three SX's before getting hurt. He's shown he can quickly adapt
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/5/2016 4:35pm
Remember the last time he switched brands (KTM to Suzuki) he went 1 - 3 - 1 in his first three SX's before getting hurt. He's...
Remember the last time he switched brands (KTM to Suzuki) he went 1 - 3 - 1 in his first three SX's before getting hurt. He's shown he can quickly adapt
Or one could argue that Stewart had the same initial success and that's what happens when a rider is placed on a "proven base setting" which they then get lost from once they get to change it too much...
cwtoyota
5/5/2016 5:06pm
ML512 wrote:
Or one could argue that Stewart had the same initial success and that's what happens when a rider is placed on a "proven base setting" which...
Or one could argue that Stewart had the same initial success and that's what happens when a rider is placed on a "proven base setting" which they then get lost from once they get to change it too much...
...and/or they are constantly on a 'different' motorcycle because they are chasing a setting that they can't find.

DV said something like "The better is the enemy of the good".
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/5/2016 5:11pm
cwtoyota wrote:
...and/or they are constantly on a 'different' motorcycle because they are chasing a setting that they can't find. DV said something like "The better is the...
...and/or they are constantly on a 'different' motorcycle because they are chasing a setting that they can't find.

Some of the best guys focus on making a bike predictable and easy to deal with on race day... (Villopoto and Carmichael were great at this... minimal to no changes on race day) Others chase lil things on the track too much with the bike and setup...
kiwifan
5/5/2016 6:32pm
cwtoyota wrote:
...and/or they are constantly on a 'different' motorcycle because they are chasing a setting that they can't find. DV said something like "The better is the...

ML512 wrote:
Some of the best guys focus on making a bike predictable and easy to deal with on race day... (Villopoto and Carmichael were great at this...
Some of the best guys focus on making a bike predictable and easy to deal with on race day... (Villopoto and Carmichael were great at this... minimal to no changes on race day) Others chase lil things on the track too much with the bike and setup...
Yes, I think that is exactly how Dungey works it, whereas (for example) Reed might chase a setting to ensure he is comfortable at speed
Jimmy_Sloan
5/5/2016 6:37pm
Crush wrote:
Well Kenny seems to have his Suzuki sorted out after 1.5 years on it... but he also said he now knows what to change to get...
Well Kenny seems to have his Suzuki sorted out after 1.5 years on it... but he also said he now knows what to change to get the bike how he likes it...

So... you could say it gives the Dungey 1.5 years of Kenny not at his best, OR Kenny can set up his Honda quickly, OR the other possibility is Honda are pretty notorius for doing things their way... Reed, Paulin, Canard, Barcia, Eli and MC have all fought that fight and either lost or had to fight it a long time.

1.5 years of Kenny not at his best? What a joke statement that is. I bet you won't reverse that statement if Dungey loses and says he is having trouble with bike set up.
neysbo
5/5/2016 6:44pm
It will be pretty much like Tomac switching to Kaw. Going to take quite a while to get dialed especially when KR94 is just now super dialed on the Suzuki.
Crush
5/5/2016 7:34pm
Crush wrote:
Well Kenny seems to have his Suzuki sorted out after 1.5 years on it... but he also said he now knows what to change to get...

1.5 years of Kenny not at his best? What a joke statement that is. I bet you won't reverse that statement if Dungey loses and says...
1.5 years of Kenny not at his best? What a joke statement that is. I bet you won't reverse that statement if Dungey loses and says he is having trouble with bike set up.
No, not at all.

He started SX in 15 well then crashed and struggled. (0.5 years)

Then outdoors had bike setup issues that he didn't seem to remedy till the end–his words, not mine (1 year)

Then the same again this year in SX, again, he's been crediting the bike changes plus bad starts all year... (1.5–see how that works?)
cwtoyota
5/5/2016 7:47pm
cwtoyota wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Some of the best guys focus on making a bike predictable and easy to deal with on race day... (Villopoto and Carmichael were great at this...
I've heard that about VIllopoto and I always suspected it about Carmichael.

'They' always say Mcgrath ran the 1993 chassis all the way up through 1996... I think that's a similar thought process too.
Bruce372
5/5/2016 9:42pm
I've noticed that the guy who is winning nearly always likes his setup, and the guys getting beat are nearly always having trouble with setup......
Jimmy_Sloan
5/5/2016 10:16pm
Crush wrote:

1.5 years of Kenny not at his best? What a joke statement that is. I bet you won't reverse that statement if Dungey loses and says...
Crush wrote:
No, not at all. He started SX in 15 well then crashed and struggled. (0.5 years) Then outdoors had bike setup issues that he didn't seem...
No, not at all.

He started SX in 15 well then crashed and struggled. (0.5 years)

Then outdoors had bike setup issues that he didn't seem to remedy till the end–his words, not mine (1 year)

Then the same again this year in SX, again, he's been crediting the bike changes plus bad starts all year... (1.5–see how that works?)
So if Kenny beats Dungey, will you admit that Dungey is having set up issues or does that only work when Kenny is losing?
Crush
5/6/2016 4:31am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2016 4:34am
So if Kenny beats Dungey, will you admit that Dungey is having set up issues or does that only work when Kenny is losing?
Wait. Why would I have to admit to anything? They've proven to be pretty even guys on even or even-level equipment... And it's not me who's claiming Kenny had setup issues! I'm just repeating what we know, as what the riders have said... Are you just cranky about the chase conversations?

And why would Dungey have setup issues? He's been on that model for 1.5 years, doing great clearly, regularly credits his bike and the team being on point setup-wise... not since the start of 2015 outdoors has their been anything said different.

Kenny however, has been changing setup and talking regularly about it since he got on the Suzuki... all through SX last year, the outdoors till about the last 3 rounds and this year in SX too. I simply suggested a brand change could mean chasing more setup, not a hard suggestion to follow... Why you mad?
RG1
5/6/2016 6:48am
I don't think it will give Dungey any more of an advantage. Honda want to win badly and they are willing to throw money at it in Europe and the US. Suzuki on the other hand haven't really put in the investment that some others have and therefore you'd have to say that Honda looks like a better bet
5/6/2016 7:19am
RG1 wrote:
I don't think it will give Dungey any more of an advantage. Honda want to win badly and they are willing to throw money at it...
I don't think it will give Dungey any more of an advantage. Honda want to win badly and they are willing to throw money at it in Europe and the US. Suzuki on the other hand haven't really put in the investment that some others have and therefore you'd have to say that Honda looks like a better bet
Can I ask how you know what Suzuki has put it or not?
RG1
5/6/2016 8:54am
RG1 wrote:
I don't think it will give Dungey any more of an advantage. Honda want to win badly and they are willing to throw money at it...
Can I ask how you know what Suzuki has put it or not?
I'm just going off the fact that Suzuki hasn't really changed their bike for a number of years. Now that's not to say that it's a bad bike, it can't be that bad other wise Roczen wouldn't be able to win races on it. All I'm saying is if you're a rider looking at both manufacturers and looking at the money they're putting into their bikes and riders, and just generally how much they're putting in to trying to win, then Honda looks like the more logical option.

Post a reply to: If Roczen switches brand?

The Latest