If Americans never rode SX........

MXGooner
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:59pm

How would we stack up against Europeans?

I don't want to turn this into a America vs. Europe debate, but I think our guys only riding ouotdoors 6 months out of the year can be a disadvantage. Look at Jimmy Albertson, he's been focusing on outdoors for the past year and seems to be riding the best he ever has. Would Americans get more burnt out riding just MX, or the crazy schedule they have now?

If Americans only rode MX, it would be more boring, like a job, but they would be better MX riders.

Just a thought.
|
TerryK
4/2/2010 4:33pm
lol, and you don't want this to turn into a US vs Euro debate? Laughing
Ddavis
4/2/2010 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:51pm
Hard to say, the sport would be little bit safer in my opinion. (Local tracks wouldn't be trying to make as many "sx-style" obstacles, and I think thats where alot of local riders get hurt)
Lets face it, wash out in a turn and you might break a wrist or tweak a knee.. but local tracks trying to make a tricky double triple section can go bad real quick and break a femur or neck.

We can't live in a what if world, though.
Big Lenny
4/2/2010 4:37pm
MXGooner wrote:
How would we stack up against Europeans? I don't want to turn this into a America vs. Europe debate, but I think our guys only riding...

I don't want to turn this into a America vs. Europe debate, but I think our guys only riding ouotdoors 6 months out of the year can be a disadvantage. Look at Jimmy Albertson, he's been focusing on outdoors for the past year and seems to be riding the best he ever has. Would Americans get more burnt out riding just MX, or the crazy schedule they have now?

If Americans only rode MX, it would be more boring, like a job, but they would be better MX riders.

Just a thought.
Jeez did you give this any thought?, This is truely one of the dumbest posts to date. America is a trendsetter...
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
4/2/2010 4:37pm
I think supercross helps in moto.

The Shop

hoppsan
4/2/2010 4:38pm
Given the fact that both the AMA Nationals and the MXGP is a jumpfest nowadays, I'm sure having experience from the indoor jumpfest is a good thing.
4/2/2010 4:40pm
Without Supercross they would still be racing places like Trans-Am's, Florida Series, CMC series. Face it racers race and will find a track to race at.
XBUTCHX
4/2/2010 4:42pm
MXGooner wrote:
How would we stack up against Europeans? I don't want to turn this into a America vs. Europe debate, but I think our guys only riding...

Just a thought.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
4/2/2010 5:07pm
MXGooner wrote:

Just a thought.
I think we stack up well against the Europeans when we send over our so called "B"team and when the biggest race of the year.

Just saying...
loftyair
4/2/2010 5:37pm
Americans started to excel before sx was the norm. Everyone sucked at sx at first. Sx does hamper outdoor skill IMO. Americans have more competition that is good, at least generally. California USED to dominate for this very reason, and actually still does. Even though lots of good guys are from somewhere other than cali, they all go there to train it seems. Florida and Texas have been doing good lately too though.
4/2/2010 9:19pm
If Americans didn't ride SX one big difference would be the bikes we have today. They wouldn't be as nimble because stability would be more important.
4/2/2010 9:40pm
The fundamentals are exactly the same.

Riding SX the riders become much more precise with throttle control. This has to translate into an advantage somehow.

If your theory held true, wouldn't the Euros be much faster?
4/2/2010 11:49pm
TripleFive wrote:
The fundamentals are exactly the same. Riding SX the riders become much more precise with throttle control. This has to translate into an advantage somehow. If...
The fundamentals are exactly the same.

Riding SX the riders become much more precise with throttle control. This has to translate into an advantage somehow.

If your theory held true, wouldn't the Euros be much faster?
i think europeans have much better throttle control.. many of the tracks here are slippery and hard..
Jef
4/3/2010 8:33am
As a Euro is hard to say, but the usa riders do have a lot more skills, tricks, explosive speed, fast starts, an incredible pass modus and the unbeattable desire to win.
They learned this all at the SX-tracks. Short races with a very important start, little place to pass, strange (?) track design to please the crowd and the show, ... .
So YES. The usa riders do have an advantage in mx due the sx.
Genetic I don't see any reason why usa, australian, european or .... riders would be better or slower then others. It's all about the training facilities, the track design, the different races, ... .
Why are some Belgium en Dutch riders such a good (real!) sandriders? Just because in those countries there are a lot of specific sandtracks where they often ride.

Conclusion? The usa riders writes better english as a belgium Smile , but the European food is a lot better than usa food. Wink

Post a reply to: If Americans never rode SX........

The Latest