Ice Ice Baby

GHOPPER
7/2/2009 6:31am
When he was on that reality show, it seemed like he was embarrassed about his past. He shouldnt be, that song kicked ass back then. Now those temper tantrums he kept throwing on that show, thats something to be embarrassed about.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/2/2009 6:41am
GHOPPER wrote:
When he was on that reality show, it seemed like he was embarrassed about his past. He shouldnt be, that song kicked ass back then. Now...
When he was on that reality show, it seemed like he was embarrassed about his past. He shouldnt be, that song kicked ass back then. Now those temper tantrums he kept throwing on that show, thats something to be embarrassed about.
I dont think he was embarrased of the actual music, but the fads that they made him become.
Cygnus
7/2/2009 7:02am
I wouldn't want to meet him. moto guy or not. Wife beaters are almost as bad as child molesters.
jt $
7/2/2009 7:25am
Wes Kain Mafia. Represent

The Shop

tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/2/2009 7:42am
At the Atlanta SX one year while in the pits this guy walks into the exit lane for autographs for MC as we were walking by. I had met Rob before, but my wife hadn't. About the time I point at him to say, "you know who that is" three security guards stop him before he gets to MC. MC looks up and tells the guards no he is cool let him by, and meets him at the exit sign and chats for a few seconds before getting back to signing his name over and over....

I have always been a fan of his original music and was really happy to meet him 10+ years ago. The icing on the cake for me was he is really a cool dude and seemed real down to earth.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/2/2009 7:44am
mxtryon231 wrote:
who would win in a D List celeb moto? Sunny Garcia.. Rob VanWInkle(Vanilla Ice), Or Mark Paul Gosselar (Zack Morris) ??
I wouldn't call Mark Paul a D list celeb. He is probably an A- list celeb at worst.

lumpy790
7/2/2009 7:44am
Back in the day I bought Ice..Ice..Baby......and Yep......because he is a MXer......... I bought his last CD. It was ok.
mmcmx
7/2/2009 8:56am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2009 8:58am
mmmm
flarider
7/2/2009 9:47am
Cygnus wrote:
I wouldn't want to meet him. moto guy or not. Wife beaters are almost as bad as child molesters.
He never hit Laura
I like Laura, but she knows how to hurt Rob and that's hurting his career and reputation, so she makes claims and later recants them.
Not once has either incident gone to court or even to the DA's desk, because Laura recants like the next day.
She gets all pissed off, calls the cops, Rob gets arrested and the next day Laura says it didn't happen or the police misunderstood.

flarider
7/2/2009 9:55am
GHOPPER wrote:
When he was on that reality show, it seemed like he was embarrassed about his past. He shouldnt be, that song kicked ass back then. Now...
For years Rob swore he'd never do the original version of Ice Ice Baby again, ever.
He did do a newer harder edged version (which I also like), and that was the only version he'd do, because the "Ice" of today is not the "ice" of back then, he's a different guy today.
I was surprised when he did it on that one celebrity real world (what ever it was called) and it really seemed to get that out of his system. I think Rob didn't like what he was, so he avoided it by not being it (singing that song, that way)

Rob has his demons, no doubt

Go listen to his CD HARD TO SWALLOW, and you can hear that he really has some shit going on in his head and that CD exorcised his demons, I told him that to his face and he agreed.
mxtryon231
7/2/2009 10:01am
tcannon521 wrote:
I wouldn't call Mark Paul a D list celeb. He is probably an A- list celeb at worst.

you are right. zack morris was huge in the 90's.. and mark has done some good work on tv since.. But who would win??
7/2/2009 11:04am
disbanded wrote:
Vanilla Ice went to the same highschool I went to in Paris, Tx, although he was there 10 years before me.
I'm pretty sure he went to high school in Carrollton, TX... Newman Smith if I recall correctly...

Not saying he didn't attend in Paris as well at some point... but I know people that went to school with him in Carrollton...
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/2/2009 11:20am
I have seen his picture in the Paris High School yearbook, and if you look up Paris, Tx, on Wikipedia it shows Robert Van Winkle as one of the notable residents. I don't think he graduated from Paris High tho. He just went there for a short time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%2C_Texas (down at the bottom)
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/2/2009 11:42am
tcannon521 wrote:

mxtryon231 wrote:
you are right. zack morris was huge in the 90's.. and mark has done some good work on tv since.. But who would win??
Is Goose wrenching for his little brother?

I don't know, I haven't seen any of them ride honestly.
mxtryon231
7/2/2009 11:44am
tcannon521 wrote:

I have seen Sunny Garcia at the track a couple times and have only seen Rob ride on tv or the internet.. MPG is a great rider though.. I wonder if he rides as much anymore? He is older and probably has settled down a bit haha.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/2/2009 11:47am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:42am
tcannon521 wrote:

mxtryon231 wrote:
I have seen Sunny Garcia at the track a couple times and have only seen Rob ride on tv or the internet.. MPG is a great...
I have seen Sunny Garcia at the track a couple times and have only seen Rob ride on tv or the internet.. MPG is a great rider though.. I wonder if he rides as much anymore? He is older and probably has settled down a bit haha.
I saw an interview where he was talking about how his family is into MX etc. He didn't mention himself riding nowadays at all during it though.

He is on a professional Mtn or Road Bike team right now and seemed to be confident he was competive.. I remember back in the day he said he couldn't do much dirt bike riding because of his acting contract terms and conditions.
mxtryon231
7/2/2009 11:52am
tcannon521 wrote:
I saw an interview where he was talking about how his family is into MX etc. He didn't mention himself riding nowadays at all during it...
I saw an interview where he was talking about how his family is into MX etc. He didn't mention himself riding nowadays at all during it though.

He is on a professional Mtn or Road Bike team right now and seemed to be confident he was competive.. I remember back in the day he said he couldn't do much dirt bike riding because of his acting contract terms and conditions.
for sure.. Kind of hard to write an episode where a NYPD detective breaks his arm or collarbone haha.
7/2/2009 12:55pm
disbanded wrote:
I have seen his picture in the Paris High School yearbook, and if you look up Paris, Tx, on Wikipedia it shows Robert Van Winkle as...
I have seen his picture in the Paris High School yearbook, and if you look up Paris, Tx, on Wikipedia it shows Robert Van Winkle as one of the notable residents. I don't think he graduated from Paris High tho. He just went there for a short time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%2C_Texas (down at the bottom)
That would make sense...
Big Lenny
7/2/2009 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:43am
Ice in action...

Cygnus
7/2/2009 1:10pm
Dude fights like a french MXer.
flarider
7/2/2009 1:18pm
He didn't train or give a shit and made $10G
Todd Bridges had been training and shit and if I remember right, had been in jail training

I laughed at Rob and he laughed at himself, and then deposited $10,000 into his bank account after flying to LA and living 1st class on their dime during the time.

tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/2/2009 1:40pm
Why didn't he train?

No way I would sign up to get used as a boxing bag since I didn't train.
Cygnus
7/2/2009 1:56pm
flarider wrote:
He didn't train or give a shit and made $10G Todd Bridges had been training and shit and if I remember right, had been in jail...
Todd Bridges had been training and shit and if I remember right, had been in jail training

I laughed at Rob and he laughed at himself, and then deposited $10,000 into his bank account after flying to LA and living 1st class on their dime during the time.

I believe you now . His wife would probably kick his ass.Tongue
flarider
7/2/2009 2:00pm
tcannon521 wrote:
Why didn't he train?

No way I would sign up to get used as a boxing bag since I didn't train.
He did admit that Bridges was better than he thought he'd be and he also figured Bridges would take it as fun like he did.

Bridges took it very seriously
flarider
7/2/2009 2:01pm
flarider wrote:
He didn't train or give a shit and made $10G Todd Bridges had been training and shit and if I remember right, had been in jail...

Cygnus wrote:
I believe you now . His wife would probably kick his ass.Tongue
Ever met Laura?

I wouldn't want her pissed at me
Cygnus
7/2/2009 2:03pm
No. Are they still married? I saw he had filed for divorce but didn't read the page to see if it was final..
flarider
7/2/2009 2:25pm
Far as I know they're still married, they've had the usual marital issues, but I don't think they ever divorced or even filed and retracted

Laura's actually really nice, but she's one of those hot blooded Italian chicks you don't want to piss off.

7/15/2009 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:56am
ok...let's get some facts straight...Rob is good dedicated dad to his 2 girls...his life revolves around them. He a lousy husband. Laura is a dedicated Mom, not your usual celebrity wife....lives for her girls too. She doesn't have it easy....they BOTH know how to push each others buttons!!! She puts up with more than most. She will give you anything and be a tru loyal friend unlike hubby. He can tend to be a user. Usually has people around him that think they are glowing in his limelight. Biggest offender of that is WES KAIN.......everyone in Palm Beach thinks he is a pimple on Rob's ass. The A&E show has alot of misleading info......no he doesn't live on acreage. to the contrary...a zero lot line house in a neighborhood that is almost 60% full of foreclosures! Ha Wes kain talks as ifhe has been involved in Rob's life for 20 years, but in actuality it has only been the past 3 years! So don't believe the hype!! even if it is on a documentary.......BTW Wes Kain should get some parenting advice from his buddy....Wes turned out to be a DeadBeat Dad and all his kids disowned him!! Blame it on the Mid lIfe crisis i guess!
swizcore
7/15/2009 8:23pm
flarider wrote:
He did admit that Bridges was better than he thought he'd be and he also figured Bridges would take it as fun like he did. Bridges...
He did admit that Bridges was better than he thought he'd be and he also figured Bridges would take it as fun like he did.

Bridges took it very seriously
I would never think Todd Bridges would take that shit as fun; just look at how pissed of Gary Coleman is at the world... and he was the star of that show.

Post a reply to: Ice Ice Baby

The Latest