IQ of current riders

jim lehey
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 8:43am
Who, in your opinion, are the most intelligent riders? And who are the guys who are a little vacant upstairs?

If the AMA administered extensive IQ testing (hypothetically thinking obviously) which riders would be at the top?
|
Olson
8/28/2014 3:37pm
Most are not educated since their target in life is to become racers. That does not have anything do to with IQ. IQ is mostly genetics and a guy that can pick a track a part and chose the best lines at high speed are probably pretty bright upstairs. But if you hit your head hard enough a couple of times that will decrease your chances at getting a spot at mensa.
8/28/2014 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 4:00pm
Smartest guys would be Dungey, Brayton, Stewart, Peick, Reed cant think of any more

Not so smart: Roczen, Barcia, Hansen, Hill, Grant, cant think of any more
500guy
8/28/2014 3:40pm
40 to 50 points higher than myself and OP because most are smart enough to avoid these message boards.
ts.p311
8/28/2014 3:46pm
Smartest guys would be Dungey, Brayton, Stewart, Peick, Reed cant think of any more Not so smart: Roczen, Barcia, Hansen, Hill, Grant, cant think of any...
Smartest guys would be Dungey, Brayton, Stewart, Peick, Reed cant think of any more

I guess Im not the only one high right now.

The Shop

Olson
8/28/2014 3:47pm
Smartest guys would be Dungey, Brayton, Stewart, Peick, Reed cant think of any more Not so smart: Roczen, Barcia, Hansen, Hill, Grant, cant think of any...

On what grounds?
Olson
8/28/2014 3:47pm
ts.p311 wrote:
I guess Im not the only one high right now.
lol
8/28/2014 3:52pm
500guy wrote:
40 to 50 points higher than myself and OP because most are smart enough to avoid these message boards.
Haha, a message im slowly begining to understand myself. Theres no winning the never ending intelectual argument. So whats the point.

I dont know who i would consider the smartest. Jeramy Mcgrath comes to mind.
And James Stewart as one of the not so bright..
8/28/2014 3:57pm

Olson wrote:
On what grounds?
There the only ones that i know of that completed school. Stewart technically didnt complete school but his mom was very strict with home schooling (what the interviews say)

The not so smart are just from what ive seen them say and how they act lol maybe there have super high iq's but dont seem like it
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/28/2014 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 8:14pm
Kennys not smart!?!?? Dude made the English language his bitch in about 2 years flat. Why don't you have a go at learning German with no perceived accent? Good lord....
Stephon
8/28/2014 4:04pm

Olson wrote:
On what grounds?
There the only ones that i know of that completed school. Stewart technically didnt complete school but his mom was very strict with home schooling (what...
There the only ones that i know of that completed school. Stewart technically didnt complete school but his mom was very strict with home schooling (what the interviews say)

The not so smart are just from what ive seen them say and how they act lol maybe there have super high iq's but dont seem like it
Did you write this yourself?
hvaughn88
8/28/2014 4:04pm
Not to be a kiss ass, but JT$ has always struck me as too smart to have done the moto stuff
Stephon
8/28/2014 4:06pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Kennys not smart!?!?? Dude made the English language his bitch in about 2 years flat. Why don't you have a go at learning German with no...
Kennys not smart!?!?? Dude made the English language his bitch in about 2 years flat. Why don't you have a go at learning German with no perceived accent? Good lord....
Agreed.

My German is limited to sauerkraut...which may or may not be German...
8/28/2014 4:07pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Kennys not smart!?!?? Dude made the English language his bitch in about 2 years flat. Why don't you have a go at learning German with no...
I speak 3 languages and am not very smart at all... thats why i moto lol
8/28/2014 4:07pm
AC
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/28/2014 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 4:10pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Keep working on your English typing skills before you call other guys 'not so smart'...... Whistling
8/28/2014 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 4:33pm
Reed definitely. Always very articulate in his interviews. Hahn, Tomac, Seely, Brayton and Metcalfe come to mind. Usually the no bullshit guys like that come off as being more intelligent. I think it's unfair to include foreign riders in the "not so smart" list, as the language barrier kind of makes it difficult to judge. Both Roczen and Pourcel are possibly quite clever but their English isn't perfect so it may not always come across that way. Roczen has learned English quite well in a short period of time though so that tells me he probably isn't so slow.

Not that it matters, their job is to race dirtbikes, most don't have time for any sort of education. Which is why I'm not going to mention any of the "dimmer" ones.

Edit: Going to mention AC after seeing above. Definitely seems like a smart kid.
8/28/2014 4:13pm
MxKing809 wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Keep working on your English typing skills before you call other guys 'not so smart'...... Whistling
lol im Canadian, my first language is English... i dont need to type like an English teacher to be on vital...

Smart people don't get into internet forums like this. None of us are smart. That is why we race dirt bikes pal

Cant be too smart if you wanna be fast. You have to be a little bit dumb to go fast or else you will only think of consequences..

But sorry didn't realize this post was about how smart I am
8/28/2014 4:19pm
Cooper Webb clearly comes across as quite the brain surgeon, impeccable grasp of the English language and phonetics in general. This is evidenced by his Shakespearen podium speeches.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
8/28/2014 4:28pm
jim lehey wrote:
Who, in your opinion, are the most intelligent riders? And who are the guys who are a little vacant upstairs? If the AMA administered extensive IQ...
Who, in your opinion, are the most intelligent riders? And who are the guys who are a little vacant upstairs?

If the AMA administered extensive IQ testing (hypothetically thinking obviously) which riders would be at the top?
Post yours and we will use that as the baseline...Cool
jim lehey
8/28/2014 4:33pm
jim lehey wrote:
Who, in your opinion, are the most intelligent riders? And who are the guys who are a little vacant upstairs? If the AMA administered extensive IQ...

Brad460 wrote:
Post yours and we will use that as the baseline...Cool
i go on message boards. So maybe 85/90 tops
jim lehey
8/28/2014 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 4:46pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Not to be a kiss ass, but JT$ has always struck me as too smart to have done the moto stuff
I have to agree. He's not a current rider, but i think he would probably out-score any of the current dudes in any intelligence based testing.

Maybe a reason that he was never a top guy.

Smart rider=less risks=less speed

Stupid rider=more risks=more speed=more skills acquired due to having to manage those risks

mxtech1
8/28/2014 4:48pm
So now we are directly correlating a rider's ability to sound articulate and free-flowing during impromptu interviews to his IQ level?

Logic....
jim lehey
8/28/2014 4:49pm
mxtech1 wrote:
So now we are directly correlating a rider's ability to sound articulate and free-flowing during impromptu interviews to his IQ level?

Logic....
Um... Duh..
MJC
8/28/2014 5:31pm
MxKing809 wrote:
lol im Canadian, my first language is English... i dont need to type like an English teacher to be on vital... Smart people don't get into...
lol im Canadian, my first language is English... i dont need to type like an English teacher to be on vital...

Smart people don't get into internet forums like this. None of us are smart. That is why we race dirt bikes pal

Cant be too smart if you wanna be fast. You have to be a little bit dumb to go fast or else you will only think of consequences..

At the risk of becoming dumber by being drawn into this discussion..........

You guys do know that most European countries teach multiple languages at a very early age don't you? Germany for one (have extended family from there) teach English when kids are little tackers in school. Roczen didn't suddenly learn to speak American when he hit the shores of US and A.....
albythizzle
8/28/2014 5:39pm
Tyler Bowers he races and goes to school, he is the only rider I have ever really heard talk about a plan B when racing ends.
8/28/2014 5:42pm
MxKing809 wrote:
lol im Canadian, my first language is English... i dont need to type like an English teacher to be on vital... Smart people don't get into...

MJC wrote:
At the risk of becoming dumber by being drawn into this discussion.......... You guys do know that most European countries teach multiple languages at a very...

You guys do know that most European countries teach multiple languages at a very early age don't you? Germany for one (have extended family from there) teach English when kids are little tackers in school. Roczen didn't suddenly learn to speak American when he hit the shores of US and A.....
Yup... Roczen has been learning english since he was around 8 or so. thats the age most of them are when they start learning different languages in school. In germany you learn English, french and russian with an option for spanish.

But everyone on vital here seems to think he learnt it within 2 years... but hey they are all Einstein
Huevos
8/28/2014 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 5:52pm

"Can't be too smart if you wanna be fast." Uhhh... have you ever heard of Travis Pastrana? He's the most reckless guy out there and I guarantee you he's in the 99th percentile when it comes to the level of intelligence of riders.

K-Dub was fast as balls and the dude always struck me as intelligent. (The fact that he's a pilot tells me he has a useful brain).

On the other hand, Justin Barcia has always struck me as a little dim witted, but there was a segment about him doing flight training (I'd be a little surprised if he actually passed a check ride, though).
8/28/2014 5:57pm
MJC wrote:
At the risk of becoming dumber by being drawn into this discussion.......... You guys do know that most European countries teach multiple languages at a very...

I didn't know "American" was a language Wink

I don't think people are saying he didn't know any English before he came over, but his way of speaking has improved a lot. Most guys don't lose the accent like he has so quickly.
albythizzle
8/28/2014 6:01pm

Huevos wrote:
"Can't be too smart if you wanna be fast." Uhhh... have you ever heard of Travis Pastrana? He's the most reckless guy out there and I...
"Can't be too smart if you wanna be fast." Uhhh... have you ever heard of Travis Pastrana? He's the most reckless guy out there and I guarantee you he's in the 99th percentile when it comes to the level of intelligence of riders.

K-Dub was fast as balls and the dude always struck me as intelligent. (The fact that he's a pilot tells me he has a useful brain).

On the other hand, Justin Barcia has always struck me as a little dim witted, but there was a segment about him doing flight training (I'd be a little surprised if he actually passed a check ride, though).
Barcia is a pilot too...just saying.

Post a reply to: IQ of current riders

The Latest