IMO free track walk

loftyair
I believe a 1 hour window for a free track walk for everyone would really make it more real for all. You?
|
917rider
2/26/2017 12:07pm
I walked the track last night and man I couldn't believe how many rocks and the size of those things , the dirt was littered with them
2/26/2017 12:15pm
That would be nice but do you really want a bunch of kids and drunks wobbling around the track? Not to mention the insurance issues.
kaptkaos
2/26/2017 12:41pm
Only if they do it after the race
moto0852
2/26/2017 12:57pm
loftyair wrote:
I believe a 1 hour window for a free track walk for everyone would really make it more real for all. You?
That would be awesome! Also, free entrance to the race. And...I want to have access to Dungey's RV to get a better "first hand" account of supercross and if I could view the race in the Managers tower with Decoster giving me a play by play that would also be sweet!

The Shop

JM485
2/26/2017 1:46pm
I think it's a great idea, I think endurocross has something similar where you can walk the track if you sign a waver. I've always really wanted to walk the track and see if I had the skills to ride a SX track, I don't see why letting people walk it in the morning would be a bad thing even if it's really early, I know most of my friends would love to check it out!
Tenacious P
2/26/2017 2:29pm
I imagine most of our track walks would sound something like this:

"Alright I am going to single single single single single single this rhythm section, then single single single the triple, then I think the best line is to ride around the whoops (it's not an offense if I don't gain any positions right?), then single single single single the next rhythm, then roll the finish line jump, before singling the finish line landing."

I know mine would.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/26/2017 3:21pm
I imagine most of our track walks would sound something like this: "Alright I am going to single single single single single single this rhythm section...

"Alright I am going to single single single single single single this rhythm section, then single single single the triple, then I think the best line is to ride around the whoops (it's not an offense if I don't gain any positions right?), then single single single single the next rhythm, then roll the finish line jump, before singling the finish line landing."

I know mine would.
That's how mine would go!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
2/26/2017 3:29pm
There is no way you could manage a crowd of 10,000 plus people walking the track. Oh, and insurance would say no as well.
Fourth_Floor
2/26/2017 3:32pm
I imagine most of our track walks would sound something like this: "Alright I am going to single single single single single single this rhythm section...

I know mine would.
hahahahaha!! Same here. Last night when Emig was saying how there is no good line through the whoop section I was thinking, shit, there are two perfectly good lines on each side of them haha.
2/26/2017 3:36pm
My buddy paid $60 for track walk ticket last night at ATL. Not the same track walk the riders/teams do - I think he said they went out after qualifying before the night show. He made the same comment about the track being littered with rocks. Said there was even two bricks still held together with mortar.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/26/2017 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2017 3:39pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Ain't gonna happen. On a normal weekend, tear-down starts almost immediately afterwards.

They did allow fans at the Arenacross on Friday night to walk most of it.
TXDirt
2/26/2017 4:08pm
$50 per person for track walk. All proceeds go to rider purse.
PEPE001
2/26/2017 4:30pm
kaptkaos wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Ain't gonna happen. On a normal weekend, tear-down starts almost immediately afterwards. They did allow fans at the Arenacross on Friday night to walk most of...
Ain't gonna happen. On a normal weekend, tear-down starts almost immediately afterwards.

They did allow fans at the Arenacross on Friday night to walk most of it.
Was there on Friday, you could walk the entire track.
They just didn't let somebody on the finish and the huge triple.

But there where a lot of rocks.
I would ride it like mentioned above, single single aso. Whistling

PEPE001
2/26/2017 4:31pm
TXDirt wrote:
$50 per person for track walk. All proceeds go to rider purse.
Friday was just $10 for the Track party including walk.

On race day that wouldn't work but a night before sure will.
steve.t
2/26/2017 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2017 4:48pm
toronto had it as recently as 2014.Everyone got on before practice started. Even scooped a baby jar of dirt knowing i probably would never get the chance again. Think it only cost $10, bummed they didnt bring it back!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/26/2017 4:48pm
Charge for it and the money goes towards an injured rider's fund.

There are too many people attending a SX to let people do it for free before the night show, it sounds dumb but that many people walking up the face of the jumps would tear stuff up a little.
PEPE001
2/26/2017 5:41pm
ML512 wrote:
Charge for it and the money goes towards an injured rider's fund. There are too many people attending a SX to let people do it for...

There are too many people attending a SX to let people do it for free before the night show, it sounds dumb but that many people walking up the face of the jumps would tear stuff up a little.
That was the reason they let them not climbing the big jumps.

Martini637
2/26/2017 6:50pm
ML512 wrote:
Charge for it and the money goes towards an injured rider's fund. There are too many people attending a SX to let people do it for...

awesome idea. $10 a person maybe even $5 would really help out some of those guys
clayburns28
2/26/2017 7:42pm
I agree they should let u walk the track right after the race and go stand in front of the podium. They did that at Daytona two years ago and it was a awesome experience to look at the track. After about five minutes track just looked like a bunch of foot prints though ha.

Post a reply to: IMO free track walk

The Latest