IBCorp Racing - what's the story behind this team?

1/17/2017 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 10:35am
Ryan Hughes was on the PulpMX show last night.. I had no idea that Ryano is now the IBCorp Racing team manager (or that this team even existed, but apparently they do - riders are Cole Martinez and Martin Castelo).. Hughes said the team is funded by a private equity firm based in Ecuador (IBCorp). Oddly, both the IBCorp company website and IBCorp Racing website are "coming soon"/being updated.. Google doesn't pull up much info at all on the company. Team: http://www.ibcorpracing.com/ Company: http://www.ibcorp.com.ec/

When I think of non-factory race team owners, I think of guys like Mike Genova who have shit tons of money and decide to throw it at funding a race team like it's their golf game. What I don't think of, is an offshore financial investment company that manages peoples stock portfolios..

I understand Martin Castelo (250 West) is from Ecuador, so I assume there must be a connection there. It just sounded kinda strange the way Ryno explained the whole thing about how the team approached him about the deal so last minute (2 months ago) and how the $$ is coming out of Ecuador through a subsidiary based out of Miami (IB Corp Racing). Anyone know the story behind this team??
|
SteezGeez
Fantasy
426th
1/17/2017 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 8:48pm
You're asking too many questions. It seems shady AF, but there putting money into our sport. Honestly after hearing it myself being an MBA student I wondered why but I highly doubt we're going to find an answer.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/17/2017 8:49pm
Ryan Hughes was on the PulpMX show last night.. I had no idea that Ryano is now the IBCorp Racing team manager (or that this team...
Ryan Hughes was on the PulpMX show last night.. I had no idea that Ryano is now the IBCorp Racing team manager (or that this team even existed, but apparently they do - riders are Cole Martinez and Martin Castelo).. Hughes said the team is funded by a private equity firm based in Ecuador (IBCorp). Oddly, both the IBCorp company website and IBCorp Racing website are "coming soon"/being updated.. Google doesn't pull up much info at all on the company. Team: http://www.ibcorpracing.com/ Company: http://www.ibcorp.com.ec/

When I think of non-factory race team owners, I think of guys like Mike Genova who have shit tons of money and decide to throw it at funding a race team like it's their golf game. What I don't think of, is an offshore financial investment company that manages peoples stock portfolios..

I understand Martin Castelo (250 West) is from Ecuador, so I assume there must be a connection there. It just sounded kinda strange the way Ryno explained the whole thing about how the team approached him about the deal so last minute (2 months ago) and how the $$ is coming out of Ecuador through a subsidiary based out of Miami (IB Corp Racing). Anyone know the story behind this team??
IB Corp is an investment banking group, someone high up in it is a close friend of Martin Castellos, so they're sponsoring this team. Last year, they did a small East coast effort with Martin on Hondas, but switched to Yamahas this year. Technically Hoodie (Jonathan Lower) is the team manager, while Ryan Hughes is like a team coach. They have two mechanics, Enzo racing is doing their suspension, and they're using Twisted Development for engines. Cole Martinez was added for this year as well.
1/17/2017 8:59pm
Johnny on the spot as usual, ML. Thanks. I figured Castellos was in tight with someone at IBCorp who pulls the purse strings
romain524
1/19/2017 8:13am
The IB Corp team supported Martin Mastelo, Keith Tucker (who are long time friends from MTF) and Marshal Weltin (at least transported the bikes to the rounds) for the outdoor last summer.

But now they have more support from Rock River Yamaha so they are able to run a better program.

The Shop

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
1/19/2017 9:00am
Brent Myron, that guy was a stud mechanic. Seems strange after all those years with Geico and teams like that...that he is wrenching for this outfit. Anyone know more about his story?
kopfjaeger
1/19/2017 9:51pm
ML, is Hoodie still at DT1? He emailed me about their sweet filter service. Said they
Can clean, prep, and return 5 or 6 filters for about $35.. saves me a bunch of time doing some tedious shit, when i can be getting honey dos done so i can go race the next wk end!! Anybody tried the service?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/19/2017 9:59pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
ML, is Hoodie still at DT1? He emailed me about their sweet filter service. Said they Can clean, prep, and return 5 or 6 filters for...
ML, is Hoodie still at DT1? He emailed me about their sweet filter service. Said they
Can clean, prep, and return 5 or 6 filters for about $35.. saves me a bunch of time doing some tedious shit, when i can be getting honey dos done so i can go race the next wk end!! Anybody tried the service?
Yup, They're either doing the race bikes out of that building or Twisted Development (not sure which, but they're literally a few doors down from each other in the block of moto companies... On the same street you have DT-1/Mika Metals, KTM HQ and raceshop, Husqvarna HQ and raceshop, Rocky Mountain KTM's shop, WP USA suspension, VP Fuels, Twisted Development, KTM US R&D, Icon gym, Panic Rev, Faster USA wheels...
kopfjaeger
1/19/2017 10:04pm
Cool, about to ship the first few filters off. Thanks for the follow up
dany2018
3/20/2018 8:19am
Ryan Hughes was on the PulpMX show last night.. I had no idea that Ryano is now the IBCorp Racing team manager (or that this team...

Hello my friend. I do know the origin of this team. Is money laundering from Ecuador indeed. The familia Castelo are personal friends of the Ex Security Minister of Ecuador, Jose Serrano. He was the President of the Congress. He was recently caught. Now, I can say the truth even though I am risking my life. I would like to be in touch with you guys trough Instagram and Social Media. I was married to his uncle. He took my two kids away from me, when I found about this. The Corrupted Police kicked me out from my kid’s school and I never got to see them again. I live and I’m protected in America by my american husband.
https://race-track.tv

TJ 755
3/20/2018 8:26am
WTF^^^^
Torco1
3/20/2018 8:29am

dany2018 wrote:
Hello my friend. I do know the origin of this team. Is money laundering from Ecuador indeed. The familia Castelo are personal friends of the Ex...
Hello my friend. I do know the origin of this team. Is money laundering from Ecuador indeed. The familia Castelo are personal friends of the Ex Security Minister of Ecuador, Jose Serrano. He was the President of the Congress. He was recently caught. Now, I can say the truth even though I am risking my life. I would like to be in touch with you guys trough Instagram and Social Media. I was married to his uncle. He took my two kids away from me, when I found about this. The Corrupted Police kicked me out from my kid’s school and I never got to see them again. I live and I’m protected in America by my american husband.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/20/2018 8:31am
Just signed up, 1st post, I'll just say it's not looking too good for you. Not saying what you said is right or wrong but those are some really bold claims.

Probably should of kept that info to yourself.
dany2018
3/20/2018 8:33am

dany2018 wrote:
Hello my friend. I do know the origin of this team. Is money laundering from Ecuador indeed. The familia Castelo are personal friends of the Ex...

Torco1 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/20/250562/s1200_funny_golden_retriever_detective_dog_birthday_card_r004608b9387d4b14a626a0d4e138b3de_xvuat_8byvr_540.jpg[/img]

Awesome pic !!! Yeahh I’m already sending the proofs to Department of Homeland Security. Even though social media works too Smile
dany2018
3/20/2018 8:36am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just signed up, 1st post, I'll just say it's not looking too good for you. Not saying what you said is right or wrong but those...
Just signed up, 1st post, I'll just say it's not looking too good for you. Not saying what you said is right or wrong but those are some really bold claims.

Probably should of kept that info to yourself.
Yeah. Thank for your advice. I lost already my two kids. I just want to keep fighting. Ambition it can be very bad. I have nothing to lose. / For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21. / God bless you ?
3/20/2018 8:58am
Dany, I got your friend request invitation. I'm confused about all of this.... Are you trying to let the public know information about corruption at IB Corp / where the funding comes from??? I am very very confused

(guys this just got super weird)
Akira
3/20/2018 9:01am
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif[/img]
x2
dany2018
3/20/2018 9:02am
Dany, I got your friend request invitation. I'm confused about all of this.... Are you trying to let the public know information about corruption at IB...
Dany, I got your friend request invitation. I'm confused about all of this.... Are you trying to let the public know information about corruption at IB Corp / where the funding comes from??? I am very very confused

Oh absolutely! I already made in public in all my social media. The guys are already trembling. I have lots of messages from them. My instagram is dannykangoo.
Xeno
3/20/2018 9:06am
VitalMx is truly like a box of chocolates. Dizzy

BTW- I'm not considering any "friend" requests today...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/20/2018 9:09am
Dany, I got your friend request invitation. I'm confused about all of this.... Are you trying to let the public know information about corruption at IB...

Perhaps but it just got a whole lot more interesting for the rest of us.

Good luck lol.
agn5009
3/20/2018 9:10am
Shit just got real real fast
dany2018
3/20/2018 9:11am
Xeno wrote:

Hahaha yeahhh true bro! Just help me to spread the news! About this team !!!!! It’s getting hot hot hot in here man!

rongi#401
3/20/2018 9:25am
wild accusations, this thread will be gone in 5 4 3 2.....
aeffertz
3/20/2018 9:44am
In like Flynn.
3/20/2018 9:47am
Well Indy just got way more exciting! Regardless, she is worth a follow on Instagram.
3/20/2018 9:48am
Can someone link the drug deal thread of Castelos father?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/20/2018 10:13am
Xeno wrote:

lol!!!

Post a reply to: IBCorp Racing - what's the story behind this team?

The Latest