I wonder who bought this bike this weekend?

msp138
8/30/2015 5:36am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 6:07am
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/5173067542.html
Seems like a decent price for what it is.
|
Xracer
8/30/2015 5:43am
Someone got a good deal. If I'd have seen that, I might have gone and got it myself,
8/30/2015 6:06am
Dang! I woulda payed 6 for that easy!

I gotta wonder though......Is buying a pros "used" bike a good idea even with all the goodies that are on them vs potentially being "clapped out" and a time bomb waiting to happen?
Or is the maintenance schedule on these bikes THAT GOOD that they are always nearly new feeling?
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
8/30/2015 6:42am
Dang! I woulda payed 6 for that easy! I gotta wonder though......Is buying a pros "used" bike a good idea even with all the goodies that...

I gotta wonder though......Is buying a pros "used" bike a good idea even with all the goodies that are on them vs potentially being "clapped out" and a time bomb waiting to happen?
Or is the maintenance schedule on these bikes THAT GOOD that they are always nearly new feeling?
I have seen guys who do all the wrenching there self let the bikes go pretty far. Even seen a local pro put ORiley Motor oil in his bike on a Friday at a LLQ and he rode the piss out of the bike all weekend in three classes.
h&m_cycle
8/30/2015 6:54am
Seems like a pretty good deal with the ohlins...

The Shop

ti473
8/30/2015 7:01am
Dang! I woulda payed 6 for that easy! I gotta wonder though......Is buying a pros "used" bike a good idea even with all the goodies that...

imoto34 wrote:
I have seen guys who do all the wrenching there self let the bikes go pretty far. Even seen a local pro put ORiley Motor oil...
I have seen guys who do all the wrenching there self let the bikes go pretty far. Even seen a local pro put ORiley Motor oil in his bike on a Friday at a LLQ and he rode the piss out of the bike all weekend in three classes.
O-O-O-O'Reilly!!!

I put walmart Rotella in mine, ain't nothing wrong with that
poulinaa
8/30/2015 9:28am
I doubt anybody at the pro level is ignorant enough to not stay on top of routine maintenance. It would be quite embarrassing to DNF cause your rings are blown or cause a valve dropped out of the head.

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify the used factory bike I bought...
tprice07
9/1/2015 6:35am
I wouldn't be worried about the engine being clapped out too bad. I mean it would likely need a rebuild since they just raced it...but being a 2012 that frame will have stretched.

Is Yosh running 2012 frames too? Or wasn't there something weird about the frames on one of the factory teams?
MattyVicious
Fantasy
508th
9/1/2015 4:27pm
I have a retired professional bike and have not had any issues. Two years going strong. Best bike I've had honestly.
Olson
9/1/2015 4:46pm
Never understood this talk about buying a pro bike and "a ticking bomb waiting to happen" thing. You need to do a complete bottom/top end job sooner or later on any bike anyway.
J.F.S
9/1/2015 4:47pm
Believe the hype
slipdog
9/1/2015 5:11pm
Not for nothing, but I have not googled auto parts or anything close and after opening this thread I had an O'Reilly Auto Parts add on the side...

Don't get me started on all those gay cowboy dating adds either!
wardy
9/1/2015 10:26pm

imoto34 wrote:
I have seen guys who do all the wrenching there self let the bikes go pretty far. Even seen a local pro put ORiley Motor oil...
ti473 wrote:
O-O-O-O'Reilly!!!

where the hell do you put it in your bike? it has pedals.
Rotaholic
9/1/2015 10:31pm
If anyone did buy it and wants to sell the suspension, message me
mx836
9/2/2015 5:37am

imoto34 wrote:
ti473 wrote:
O-O-O-O'Reilly!!!

I know many people use Rotella so I tried it once when I didn't feel like going all the way to the moto shop for oil. The oil was noticeably more broken down than the Maxima I normally run after only one ride. Never again. Sorry, off topic.
mehow2g
9/2/2015 6:07am
Bike is worth it grenading just for the suspension.

Post a reply to: I wonder who bought this bike this weekend?

The Latest