I was there and saw it happen live!

MXMatt
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:59pm
Here is my take on the Reed-Stewart incident.

When I saw it happen in live time my impression was that Reed definately intended to take out an already injured Stewart who was already riding injured just so he could earn points. I say this because for several laps Reed, who obviously could have passed Steward easily at almost anytime didn't. When he did, he chose the worst place and time to do it and it was ugly. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when they wheeled Stewarts bike out for the LCQ let alone the main. He looked to be in a lot of pain. IT was obvious he was not trying to win the main.

The Venue put the replay up on the Jumbo Tron at least two times and at least once in slow motion. The footage makes it look more like Reed made a bad decsion to square Stewart up when he should have followed him through the corner. There were two other riders in front of both Reed and Stewart that may have caused Reed, who came into the corner hot, to have to square up very fast so as not to t-bone any of the riders.

That's about the best I can do in describing what I saw. But, again, in real time, it looked like Reed stalked Stewart by not passing him when he easily could have and then just laid him out taking himself with.
|
ShookOne
1/16/2010 10:51pm
Sweet forget about the 10 threads already about this. Better make a new one and clutter up the server even more because you were there man!
Cygnus
1/16/2010 10:52pm
ShookOne wrote:
Sweet forget about the 10 threads already about this. Better make a new one and clutter up the server even more because you were there man!
Ringer?
MXMatt
1/16/2010 11:04pm
ShookOne wrote:
I didn't see a thread with someone posting a description about what they saw happen live. Only what they formulated based upon what they heard from the webcast. Since your so concerned with cluttering up the server, why don't you just delete your account on Vital MX?
andymoto
1/16/2010 11:37pm
MXMatt wrote:
I didn't see a thread with someone posting a description about what they saw happen live. Only what they formulated based upon what they heard from...
I didn't see a thread with someone posting a description about what they saw happen live. Only what they formulated based upon what they heard from the webcast. Since your so concerned with cluttering up the server, why don't you just delete your account on Vital MX?
Touche'.

Thanks for youre live report.

The Shop

MXMatt
1/16/2010 11:53pm
No prob! I wasn't trying to be some YeaHoo! Just thought peeps might be curious what people who saw it think. Watching it live versus on a replay gave me two different experiences.

As for JS1's first crash, I only saw the carnage once the bikes were flying. Viewing the replay leaves me with the conclusion that James was at fault. And, he was badly injured. It will be interesting to find out what his injuries are and how it was affecting his riding in the LCQ and Main.
FIREfish148
1/17/2010 12:15am
MXMatt wrote:
Here is my take on the Reed-Stewart incident. When I saw it happen in live time my impression was that Reed definately intended to take out...

When I saw it happen in live time my impression was that Reed definately intended to take out an already injured Stewart who was already riding injured just so he could earn points. I say this because for several laps Reed, who obviously could have passed Steward easily at almost anytime didn't. When he did, he chose the worst place and time to do it and it was ugly. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when they wheeled Stewarts bike out for the LCQ let alone the main. He looked to be in a lot of pain. IT was obvious he was not trying to win the main.

The Venue put the replay up on the Jumbo Tron at least two times and at least once in slow motion. The footage makes it look more like Reed made a bad decsion to square Stewart up when he should have followed him through the corner. There were two other riders in front of both Reed and Stewart that may have caused Reed, who came into the corner hot, to have to square up very fast so as not to t-bone any of the riders.

That's about the best I can do in describing what I saw. But, again, in real time, it looked like Reed stalked Stewart by not passing him when he easily could have and then just laid him out taking himself with.
If stewart is really injured that bad, and reed has a broke wrist. Im this series is going to get realllly good.
teggers
1/17/2010 12:55am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2010 12:56am
ShookOne wrote:
Actually. This was the best one I have read so far. Thanks MXMatt.
neysbo
1/17/2010 5:33am
ShookOne wrote:
teggers wrote:
Actually. This was the best one I have read so far. Thanks MXMatt.
yep, I agree one of the best reports from someone that was actually there.
R-acer
1/17/2010 5:40am
MXMatt wrote:
Here is my take on the Reed-Stewart incident. When I saw it happen in live time my impression was that Reed definately intended to take out...

thanks for the report. This sounds like the reed i know.
jndmx
1/17/2010 5:47am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:05pm
MXMatt wrote:

R-acer wrote:
Cool......one guy with an obvious agenda agreeing with someone watching with an obvious agenda.

Perfect.

When you stated in your first sentence....
"my impression was that Reed definately intended to take out an already injured Stewart who was already riding injured just so he could earn points"

You got in shots at Reed for the takeout and for not finishing last week....bravo.
Makes it was pretty clear how you were viewing the incident.

I'll wait to see the coverage.....lol.

burnside
1/17/2010 5:47am
R-acer wrote:
How do you know Reed?
Motoxc
1/17/2010 6:04am
I was there as well and see it differentley. It was really hard to pass as there was
only a few 180 degree turns. Reed after following Stewart tried to make a block pass. Thats
racing. I didnt see it as trying to take out an injured guy. If he was so injured he shouldnt of been out there, but since he was he must have been healthy enough to ride. After the replay on the jumbo it actually looked to me cleaner than I thought. The most common pass we see at SX races.
Void Main
1/17/2010 6:53am
R-acer wrote:
burnside wrote:
How do you know Reed?
He knows Reed from the point of view that he has hanging out of Stewart's butt when he's racing around the track. That should usually be a good viewing angle of Reed during the race..
typ2vw159
1/17/2010 7:11am
ShookOne wrote:
STFU rubone ,Best thread so far you rubone. Jezz no i am a cloger.lol
holeshot100
1/17/2010 8:22am
Reed and Stewart are both Champions
People see what they want to see
Last years series would have sucked if one of them was missing.
We are lucky to have them both racing.
Hope they are both OK.
Bobbles
1/17/2010 8:42am
ShookOne wrote:
There's a non-moto forum you may want to check out then... Great report
bvm111
1/17/2010 8:49am
I was there as well and the first incident was completly bubbles fault, he was looking over his right shoulder going over the triple, he knew he messed up and crossed lines! The second incident to me seemed like when reed went in to pass, stewie came down off his racing line to prevent the pass and thats where the contact happened... I honestly didnt see reed "hit" stewie so i will have to wait for a replay on that as well!

MXMatt
1/19/2010 10:21am
MXMatt wrote:

R-acer wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Cool......one guy with an obvious agenda agreeing with someone watching with an obvious agenda. Perfect. When you stated in your first sentence.... "my impression was...
Cool......one guy with an obvious agenda agreeing with someone watching with an obvious agenda.

Perfect.

When you stated in your first sentence....
"my impression was that Reed definately intended to take out an already injured Stewart who was already riding injured just so he could earn points"

You got in shots at Reed for the takeout and for not finishing last week....bravo.
Makes it was pretty clear how you were viewing the incident.

I'll wait to see the coverage.....lol.

jndmx,

My impression was based upon what I saw. The words I chose to you were obviously not what you prefer to read. I'm a fan of Supercross. I love good racing. Believe what you want, but I wasn't trying to give a biased account. Just what I saw. IF you reread what I wrote, I said that my impression in live time is that Reed took him out. That is what it looked like in live time after watching Reed follow JS for several laps. Upon review, it looks more like a bad racing incident all around. Looked to me that JS cut down really low, maybe because of the riders in front of him and/or Reed came in too tight and realized it too late. Either way, It is not my opinion that it was intentional on either riders part.

Good day.
peelout719
1/19/2010 10:53am
either way reed should have blown by him somewhere else, the track seemed really one lined though, anyone recall windham having troubles getting around millsapps?

my theory on this is all the 90 degree corners, 180 corners offer line selection and usually a chance to run it in hot and square up. 90 degree corners don't offer this
oldx
1/19/2010 10:58am
MXMatt wrote:

R-acer wrote:
You don't know shit about SX/MX, you've proven that time after time.
jndmx
1/19/2010 11:01am
MXMatt wrote:
jndmx, My impression was based upon what I saw. The words I chose to you were obviously not what you prefer to read. I'm a fan...
jndmx,

My impression was based upon what I saw. The words I chose to you were obviously not what you prefer to read. I'm a fan of Supercross. I love good racing. Believe what you want, but I wasn't trying to give a biased account. Just what I saw. IF you reread what I wrote, I said that my impression in live time is that Reed took him out. That is what it looked like in live time after watching Reed follow JS for several laps. Upon review, it looks more like a bad racing incident all around. Looked to me that JS cut down really low, maybe because of the riders in front of him and/or Reed came in too tight and realized it too late. Either way, It is not my opinion that it was intentional on either riders part.

Good day.
Excellent.

See after looking at it on the footage you got to see a few different angles and had a different opinion of it..

Didn't mean to slam you but the first post made it look like you were putting the bash on someone without really having all the info.

Post a reply to: I was there and saw it happen live!

The Latest