I want to see one premier pro class

How about one premier pro class with the 250cc and 450cc purse combined for outdoors? It can be 450cc, although I think 250cc is plenty. It would be cool to watch 40 of the fastest guys on the planet battling in the same moto. There would be wild crazy rookies trying to beat the well tuned vets so there should be a lot more battles for the top spots and a lot less lappers. I'm sure Roczen and Dungey would still win but you never if some of the new fast guys get a start. Plus there would be more elite riders that can run the top guys pace left later in the season when the injuries start racking up.
|
Bearuno
7/1/2016 12:22am
Sounds much like Luongo's 'vision' for the sport.

Dumb the sport down, ever further.

"Are you not Entertained?"
motogrady
7/1/2016 8:03am

Try hitting an desNations in September. Just what you want.
EEE299
7/1/2016 8:07am
Just to make sure we never see a privateer in the main ever again.

The Shop

7/1/2016 8:16am
EEE299 wrote:
^what he said
mxb2
7/1/2016 8:26am
How about one premier pro class with the 250cc and 450cc purse combined for outdoors? It can be 450cc, although I think 250cc is plenty. It...
How about one premier pro class with the 250cc and 450cc purse combined for outdoors? It can be 450cc, although I think 250cc is plenty. It would be cool to watch 40 of the fastest guys on the planet battling in the same moto. There would be wild crazy rookies trying to beat the well tuned vets so there should be a lot more battles for the top spots and a lot less lappers. I'm sure Roczen and Dungey would still win but you never if some of the new fast guys get a start. Plus there would be more elite riders that can run the top guys pace left later in the season when the injuries start racking up.
You can start a series, big purse will attract top guys.
PastranaWho
7/1/2016 8:27am
How about one premier pro class with the 250cc and 450cc purse combined for outdoors? It can be 450cc, although I think 250cc is plenty. It...

Flip109
7/1/2016 10:41am
Just put a age cap on the 250's. I like what MXGP does with the 23yr old age rule. And the emx series. But I say lower the age limit to 21. Get the best riders into the premier class as soon as possible. Most the kids these days ride 450's at 15-16 years old anyway.
The Rock
7/1/2016 10:58am
EEE299 wrote:
Kx125rider wrote:
^what he said
There aren't any privateers in F1 either
The Rock
7/1/2016 11:03am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2016 11:03am
We need more classes not combining the talent into one class IMO.

In addition to our existing two classes there should be a stock 250F class where only exhaust, throttle bodies and suspensions can be modified. Up and comers race in this class in SX and MX until they graduate from high school.

I know I'm a dreamer but it is a crime how much money a person can spend on a 250F grenade I mean motor.
EEE299
7/1/2016 11:03am
EEE299 wrote:
Kx125rider wrote:
^what he said
The Rock wrote:
There aren't any privateers in F1 either
That's a good point.

I don't know if this is a good argument really but how many people do you know with F1 cars?
EEE299
7/1/2016 11:06am
The Rock wrote:
We need more classes not combining the talent into one class IMO. In addition to our existing two classes there should be a stock 250F class...
We need more classes not combining the talent into one class IMO.

In addition to our existing two classes there should be a stock 250F class where only exhaust, throttle bodies and suspensions can be modified. Up and comers race in this class in SX and MX until they graduate from high school.

I know I'm a dreamer but it is a crime how much money a person can spend on a 250F grenade I mean motor.
Completely agree. I'm not sure how a high school rule would work, but a limited under 18 pro class would be pretty cool if there was enough riders.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
7/1/2016 11:09am
GP's already tried this in the last few years. it was dumb
7/1/2016 2:57pm
If moto wants to appeal to the masses that is what it's gonna take. I will watch no matter what format because I like watching dirtbike racing of any kind, but regular folk can't even figure out whats going on with 2 classes and 2 motos much less Supercross or Areanacross formats. If you dont believe me take a normal Joe football fan to a arenacross race and watch their head implode trying to figure out what's going on.

7/1/2016 3:05pm
Not sure why that is a bad thing even though it wouldn't happen because there aren't 40 factory riders racing every weekend. Privateers can race whatever the support class is that feeds the premier class to try and get in the main event.

I think a format where top 20 in points are in automatically every weekend and a support class races for the final 20 spots.

I also like the 21 year age limit idea in 250cc that was mentioned. It would accomplish getting fresh talent in the premier class to do battle with best guys while they are in their prime.
mx836
7/1/2016 3:15pm
If moto wants to appeal to the masses that is what it's gonna take. I will watch no matter what format because I like watching dirtbike...
If moto wants to appeal to the masses that is what it's gonna take. I will watch no matter what format because I like watching dirtbike racing of any kind, but regular folk can't even figure out whats going on with 2 classes and 2 motos much less Supercross or Areanacross formats. If you dont believe me take a normal Joe football fan to a arenacross race and watch their head implode trying to figure out what's going on.

I do not understand this line of thinking. Why do we want Joe football to be a fan? Doesn't put any money in my pocket. What does it matter if MX is as big as ball sports? Yeah, the elite guys deserve more money and more fans is more money for the industry, but not gaining those fans isn't going to be the end of MX and the money won't trickle down to the racers anyway. More riders isn't going to bring down the price of bikes or open more riding areas. If everybody on your block raced MX, it wouldn't be as awesome as it is. I'm fine with moto the way it is. The stick and ball fans can stick to the couch.
a22
7/1/2016 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2016 3:21pm
oldslowgolfer wrote:..... "There would be wild crazy rookies trying to beat the well tuned vets so there should be a lot more battles for the top spots and a lot less lappers....."

Hmmn- So this new format would somehow actually magically 'make the rookies go quicker'?!! Forget skill then, all a slower rider needs is a new series to get good results! You make it all sound so simple and perfect!

The GP's tried a combined class experiment a few years back, it was deemed a disaster and was soon scrapped. Looked downright dangerous also with the 250 guys getting really burnt/ cut up especially at the starts, where the 450's would outdrag them and take their lines away somewhat.
7/1/2016 3:29pm
I dont understand your line of thinking because the money has trickled down to the guy in 35th place in nascrap. So I don't see why it would be any different if moto was as popular.
7/1/2016 3:31pm
a22 wrote:
oldslowgolfer wrote:..... "There would be wild crazy rookies trying to beat the well tuned vets so there should be a lot more battles for the top...
oldslowgolfer wrote:..... "There would be wild crazy rookies trying to beat the well tuned vets so there should be a lot more battles for the top spots and a lot less lappers....."

Hmmn- So this new format would somehow actually magically 'make the rookies go quicker'?!! Forget skill then, all a slower rider needs is a new series to get good results! You make it all sound so simple and perfect!

The GP's tried a combined class experiment a few years back, it was deemed a disaster and was soon scrapped. Looked downright dangerous also with the 250 guys getting really burnt/ cut up especially at the starts, where the 450's would outdrag them and take their lines away somewhat.
Not a des nations format with different cc's everyone on equal displacement
SCR
7/1/2016 3:36pm
I want to see 3 classes. 125, 250, 500. And a two day format.
mx836
7/1/2016 3:38pm
I dont understand your line of thinking because the money has trickled down to the guy in 35th place in nascrap. So I don't see why...
I dont understand your line of thinking because the money has trickled down to the guy in 35th place in nascrap. So I don't see why it would be any different if moto was as popular.
Moto will never be that popular so it really doesn't matter. Just stating my opinion on how I couldn't care less if moto grows to be as big as Nascar or football and I don't understand why anybody else wants it to be that big either. I love motocross the way it is. A 35th place guy in motocross will never get rich.
havemah
7/1/2016 3:48pm
Some riders just don't feel comfortable on a 450 machine. Too much power etc. So there should at least be 2 separate classes. Those two classes should not race at the same time; let them race their races in their own rights. It's better for the riders and for the spectators as well.
a22
7/1/2016 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2016 4:13pm
Not a des nations format with different cc's everyone on equal displacement
Ah ok- yes same displacement makes more sense, rather than mixed. That really went down like a lead balloon, when they tried it in GP's, was a shambles seem to remember and quite a few crashes.

Thing is, there is sort of a 250 and 450 class somewhat for a reason (as above post), 250 sort of a feeder class into for 450 for obvious reasons.
Can see what you are sort of saying but think this would only work if the guys raced 250cc and for riders like Dungey/ Stewart/ Reed and all the others to step back down to 250cc would not be feasible, same as 17 year old kids to step upto 450cc. Are reasons why there are 2 classes- 3 maybe better still.

I think it would be great if 'someday' a new Series/ Championship is created somehow combining the best GP riders and US riders... dream on!!! ... then maybe all these crazy threads on Vital would disappear... "Herlings would not win in US... Roczen may beat Gajser... Dungey would beat the best GP riders... Stewart would have won but... Febvre this.... Febvre that ..... " ahahah
and so on....

Not that we would really want that though, we would have nothing to read or argue about!!
KMC440
7/1/2016 4:02pm
mx836 wrote:
Moto will never be that popular so it really doesn't matter. Just stating my opinion on how I couldn't care less if moto grows to be...
Moto will never be that popular so it really doesn't matter. Just stating my opinion on how I couldn't care less if moto grows to be as big as Nascar or football and I don't understand why anybody else wants it to be that big either. I love motocross the way it is. A 35th place guy in motocross will never get rich.
Well I'm ranked 2,567,839 and I don't need the money cuz I'm rich with friends.

Now buy me dinner. Blush
agn5009
7/1/2016 4:03pm
In a perfect world. You're not thinking of all the complications and negatives that'd come along with it
mx836
7/1/2016 4:08pm
KMC440 wrote:
Well I'm ranked 2,567,839 and I don't need the money cuz I'm rich with friends.

Now buy me dinner. Blush
I thought you were ranked 440th? You're not much slower than that Pestroni guy.

Imagine if MX were as big as football... you'd be ranked 432,836,440th.

I could do dinner... sometime after the holiday.
Ted722
7/1/2016 4:14pm
How about the opposite. A dash for cash at halftime for all the riders (250 and 450) that finished 21-40. 5 laps, TV time, exposure, good racing, etc. Would be good for the local fans, riders, and their sponsors. A nice way for TV and the promoters to give back to the sport.
Old-Man
7/1/2016 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2016 5:39pm
Top 20 in practice times are the "Premier" class plus anyone that is in top 20 in points makes the class., race 12 laps then have the dudes who placed 21st thru 40th race for 5 laps. giving the "Privateers" their day in the spotlight plus the "Premier" guys would have less traffic to deal with causing the BS we see now.

Be some good privateers getting the observation they deserve
Old-Man
7/1/2016 5:34pm
Ted722 wrote:
How about the opposite. A dash for cash at halftime for all the riders (250 and 450) that finished 21-40. 5 laps, TV time, exposure, good...
How about the opposite. A dash for cash at halftime for all the riders (250 and 450) that finished 21-40. 5 laps, TV time, exposure, good racing, etc. Would be good for the local fans, riders, and their sponsors. A nice way for TV and the promoters to give back to the sport.
Top guys would take a pass on that to be fresh for 2nd moto's hoping their competitors take the bait.

Never happen
Old-Man
7/1/2016 5:36pm
agn5009 wrote:
In a perfect world. You're not thinking of all the complications and negatives that'd come along with it
Dammit!...LMAO! Where is that perfect world?

Haaaa!
Go Bucks!

Post a reply to: I want to see one premier pro class

The Latest