I want to congratulate the AMA

twotwosix
...on creating new opportunities for deserving guys like Phil Nicoletti and Kyle Chisholm. Those guys have both struggled with 450 support and are now both in great positions soley because the AMA looked at their situations objectively and made good calls. The AMA has bent or twisted the rules for many other dumb reasons, so I have no issue with them doing it for a good reason.
|

The Shop

TXDirt
12/13/2016 6:04pm
Davalos must have naked pictures of the AMA rule makers then.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/13/2016 6:07pm
TXDirt wrote:
Because why?
TeamGreen
12/13/2016 6:11pm
TXDirt wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Because why?
Because butt-hurt trolls can't read a rule book -or- they know what's best.

Sometimes I wonder how all these team owners ever win...anything...
ed921reyes
12/13/2016 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2016 6:23pm
big slap in the face for Chisholm though right? hes been petitioning to go back down and has been shot down then a big name team petitions a rider in a very similar situation and get it granted first attempt?

im glad that they both get to go back tho! gonna bring a little more excitement to the already exciting class of the two we have.
nickkraze
12/13/2016 6:22pm
twotwosix wrote:
...on creating new opportunities for deserving guys like Phil Nicoletti and Kyle Chisholm. Those guys have both struggled with 450 support and are now both in...
...on creating new opportunities for deserving guys like Phil Nicoletti and Kyle Chisholm. Those guys have both struggled with 450 support and are now both in great positions soley because the AMA looked at their situations objectively and made good calls. The AMA has bent or twisted the rules for many other dumb reasons, so I have no issue with them doing it for a good reason.
Phil struggled to get 450 support? Even though he was on the premier support team, JGR? Okay buddy.
12/13/2016 7:13pm
ed921reyes wrote:
big slap in the face for Chisholm though right? hes been petitioning to go back down and has been shot down then a big name team...
big slap in the face for Chisholm though right? hes been petitioning to go back down and has been shot down then a big name team petitions a rider in a very similar situation and get it granted first attempt?

im glad that they both get to go back tho! gonna bring a little more excitement to the already exciting class of the two we have.
Considering Chisholm was able to earn a career number in the 450 class it's not really much of a slap.
motosurf
12/13/2016 7:22pm
twotwosix wrote:
...on creating new opportunities for deserving guys like Phil Nicoletti and Kyle Chisholm. Those guys have both struggled with 450 support and are now both in...
I don't think Nicoletti was struggling with support...
ForToo
12/13/2016 7:23pm
4-8 place on either respective coast, for both of them.
12/13/2016 8:05pm
twotwosix wrote:
Thanks! Yep I definitely agree. I'm obviously happy with their decision but I think it can benefit other guys as well. Bottom line is this is professional racing in both classes where guys are paid very well (though not nearly what I think it should be) so why should there be a limit on who can race it. If they want a stepping stone class or class for kids moving up create a support class that qualifies during the day and races at intermission (giving fans more racing). And there should be limited/no factory support and no "paying rides" for this class. It could be viewed as a chance to showcase sx talents for kids wanting to try it out or for kids that don't land that factory ride right out of amateurs. But, bottom line, 250 and 450 classes are where guys are paid 5-7 figures so anyone should be allowed to pursue those jobs. My $.02
XC706
Fantasy
668th
12/13/2016 8:14pm
twotwosix wrote:
Thanks! Yep I definitely agree. I'm obviously happy with their decision but I think it can benefit other guys as well. Bottom line is this is...
Thanks! Yep I definitely agree. I'm obviously happy with their decision but I think it can benefit other guys as well. Bottom line is this is professional racing in both classes where guys are paid very well (though not nearly what I think it should be) so why should there be a limit on who can race it. If they want a stepping stone class or class for kids moving up create a support class that qualifies during the day and races at intermission (giving fans more racing). And there should be limited/no factory support and no "paying rides" for this class. It could be viewed as a chance to showcase sx talents for kids wanting to try it out or for kids that don't land that factory ride right out of amateurs. But, bottom line, 250 and 450 classes are where guys are paid 5-7 figures so anyone should be allowed to pursue those jobs. My $.02
I like the idea of the support class, would be cool if it was 125 2 stroke as well.
Good luck Kyle in 2017.
bobojim
12/13/2016 8:22pm
Thanks! Yep I definitely agree. I'm obviously happy with their decision but I think it can benefit other guys as well. Bottom line is this is...
Nicely stated.
dboivin
12/13/2016 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2016 8:37pm
I highly desire to watch a 125 support class final in the night show.
JeepnMike
12/13/2016 8:53pm
We really need a "like button" for comments here. Good on you Kyle for chiming in and giving your view. I hope you embrace this opportunity and get yourself on the podium often!
Jimmy_Sloan
12/13/2016 9:05pm
twotwosix wrote:
I agree; I've always thought the idea of pointing out is silly. Riders should be able to make a living in any class. Lots of great riders from various eras who were better on the different sized bikes so why limit it in the pros? Good luck in 2017, Kyle!
mikec265
12/13/2016 9:13pm
I agree with letting guys ride for the best paycheck they can get. They have bills and families to provide for. If the new kids are worried about the competition, they can work harder and be patient.

The cream always rises to the top anyway. Except for a few that keep getting injured, I just feel bad for those guys.

stewie94
12/14/2016 5:39am
twotwosix wrote:
nickkraze wrote:
Phil struggled to get 450 support? Even though he was on the premier support team, JGR? Okay buddy.
right! exactly this!
stewie94
12/14/2016 5:45am
& ill say it again , ppl wana complain about davalos being in the class too long & such but for chiz & flithy phil its ok????? lol get outta here with tht bull , double standards at its best
Crush
12/14/2016 5:47am
Wonder what Mookie thinks tho.
slipdog
12/14/2016 6:12am
Crush wrote:
Wonder what Mookie thinks tho.
"Maybe I should've raced the outdoors this year?"
500guy
12/14/2016 6:26am
I'm on the fence, I think they should either change the rules or stick to them.
crf250pilot
12/14/2016 6:46am
TXDirt wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Because why?
TeamGreen wrote:

Davalos is the Pull out King of the 250 class. He'll go from the Lites SX series directly to LL.
slipdog
12/14/2016 6:54am
GuyB wrote:
Because why?
TeamGreen wrote:

Davalos is the Pull out King of the 250 class. He'll go from the Lites SX series directly to LL.
You saying he has no kids?
mmcmx
12/14/2016 7:15am
Ditto. Both are pro classes, period.
RPM68
12/14/2016 7:52am
TeamGreen wrote:

slipdog wrote:
You saying he has no kids?
LMAO!

bro's gonna retire in the lites class, and race +25 the following year at LL for his comeback...HAHAHAHAHAA

Post a reply to: I want to congratulate the AMA

The Latest