I think Zach Osborne Proved he has what it takes.

500guy
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:38am
I was very impressed.

His Speed was good, he didn't follow to much and his fitness was excellent.

He was off pace from Musquin a bit but so was everyone else.

I think Zach has some more podiums and possible wins in the tank.

Good job Zach and congrats on the $5K top American prize.
|
Alex
6/1/2010 9:27am
looks like hes on for SX next year too.
jamma10
6/1/2010 9:37am
500guy wrote:
I was very impressed. His Speed was good, he didn't follow to much and his fitness was excellent. He was off pace from Musquin a bit...
I was very impressed.

His Speed was good, he didn't follow to much and his fitness was excellent.

He was off pace from Musquin a bit but so was everyone else.

I think Zach has some more podiums and possible wins in the tank.

Good job Zach and congrats on the $5K top American prize.
Just like we've been trying to tell you all for the past couple of years. An inform and healthy Zach Osborne is a real contender, it was great to see him have a successful home GP.
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 9:38am
500guy.. I think Zach has been proving American teams dropped the ball with him for a couple years now. Teams just give up on guys far too fast here in the states. Zach was only 16 with 40lbs of baby fat his rookie year in the ama and just wasn't ready yet. The next year he dropped the weight and started kicking ass. I thought after he won the Turkish GP last year teams would be lining up to bring him back but then he broke his wrist. Before that at Donington park MXdN 2008 he killed it on the 450 and showed he should be on a decent 450 team. In the mx2/open heat he crashed in the first turn and came back to 6th. Coming back from last to pass Ferry ,Bryner, Rattray, Metcalf and a host of other world class 450 and 250 riders . From 40th to 6th is unreal w/that field. Especially when you take into account it was his first race on the 450. I'm really glad for selfish reasons he's in the GP's because I love having an American towards the front to root for but the kid is for real and should be back home where he belongs.

Congrats to Zach for his first podium of the year and good luck the rest of the season.
Dirtydane
6/1/2010 9:41am
500guy.. I think Zach has been proving American teams dropped the ball with him for a couple years now. Teams just give up on guys far...
500guy.. I think Zach has been proving American teams dropped the ball with him for a couple years now. Teams just give up on guys far too fast here in the states. Zach was only 16 with 40lbs of baby fat his rookie year in the ama and just wasn't ready yet. The next year he dropped the weight and started kicking ass. I thought after he won the Turkish GP last year teams would be lining up to bring him back but then he broke his wrist. Before that at Donington park MXdN 2008 he killed it on the 450 and showed he should be on a decent 450 team. In the mx2/open heat he crashed in the first turn and came back to 6th. Coming back from last to pass Ferry ,Bryner, Rattray, Metcalf and a host of other world class 450 and 250 riders . From 40th to 6th is unreal w/that field. Especially when you take into account it was his first race on the 450. I'm really glad for selfish reasons he's in the GP's because I love having an American towards the front to root for but the kid is for real and should be back home where he belongs.

Congrats to Zach for his first podium of the year and good luck the rest of the season.
well written and i cant agree more!

The Shop

Swede
6/1/2010 9:44am
Funny how Zach gets, pretty much, no credit at all from his countrymen!

Zach is superfast and I wan't to belive he rides even better on a big bike (thinking of his awesome performance at the 2008 MXdN, coming from way back and beating alot of "big names").

But people just wanna remember "negative" things, in Osbornes case, a not so good last SX/Nat's season. And when it comes to the GP's, most people just says MXdN's @ Budds Creek and messure everything based on that day and track conditions.

But heck, what do I know, I'm a nobody that have been following GP's and the US circuits like crasy for the last 30 years and loves everything Motocross... Wink
Alex
6/1/2010 9:47am
"I think Zach Osborne Proved he has what it takes."....... a long time before he came and raced the USGP - for anyone who awas actually paying any attention anyway

Sorry, couldnt resistWink
Swede
6/1/2010 9:49am
500guy.. I think Zach has been proving American teams dropped the ball with him for a couple years now. Teams just give up on guys far...

Ooops, I wrote more or less the same thing as you. Well said Dan and you know what, I wished more American MX fans were more like you...

And that is a good thing! Wink
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 9:50am
Swede wrote:
Funny how Zach gets, pretty much, no credit at all from his countrymen! Zach is superfast and I wan't to belive he rides even better on...

Zach is superfast and I wan't to belive he rides even better on a big bike (thinking of his awesome performance at the 2008 MXdN, coming from way back and beating alot of "big names").

But people just wanna remember "negative" things, in Osbornes case, a not so good last SX/Nat's season. And when it comes to the GP's, most people just says MXdN's @ Budds Creek and messure everything based on that day and track conditions.

But heck, what do I know, I'm a nobody that have been following GP's and the US circuits like crasy for the last 30 years and loves everything Motocross... Wink
Swede.. The kid was so fast on minis too. Winning numerous championships and was highly touted when he went pro. Problem was the kid hadn't even lost his baby fat and struggled at first. If you come in with high expectations in the states and don't win right out of the gate they throw you away like yesterdays newspapers and forget you even existed. Which is exactly what happened to Zach. The difference between Zach and other guys in the same spot is he loved racing way to much to just quit and got himself a ride in the GP's.
Swede
6/1/2010 10:02am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:16pm
Swede.. The kid was so fast on minis too. Winning numerous championships and was highly touted when he went pro. Problem was the kid hadn't even...
Swede.. The kid was so fast on minis too. Winning numerous championships and was highly touted when he went pro. Problem was the kid hadn't even lost his baby fat and struggled at first. If you come in with high expectations in the states and don't win right out of the gate they throw you away like yesterdays newspapers and forget you even existed. Which is exactly what happened to Zach. The difference between Zach and other guys in the same spot is he loved racing way to much to just quit and got himself a ride in the GP's.
Yeah, I know and heck, he's the guy who did all the testing on the KTM 85SX too before it became public!

"Problem was the kid hadn't even lost his baby fat and struggled at first."

-Mark, Zach's dad, who's as down to earth as you can be, let me in on a couple of things at the gokart event I "held" at the 2008 MXdN's. Things that played a big part on his health/conditions, but for some reason, they never let that out (probably becuase it would just sound like whining).
kardy
6/1/2010 10:07am
Swede wrote:
Funny how Zach gets, pretty much, no credit at all from his countrymen! Zach is superfast and I wan't to belive he rides even better on...

Not sure I agree with this? Where's all this so-called negativity from U.S. people that you're referring to? Everyone I know is stoked that Zach's over there representin' and we've also all felt he just had a few speed bumps to get over early in his career before he really started performing. I must've missed all of the negativity on this board, but out in the real world, I haven't seen any at all...
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 10:12am
Swede wrote:

kardy wrote:
Not sure I agree with this? Where's all this so-called negativity from U.S. people that you're referring to? Everyone I know is stoked that Zach's over...
Not sure I agree with this? Where's all this so-called negativity from U.S. people that you're referring to? Everyone I know is stoked that Zach's over there representin' and we've also all felt he just had a few speed bumps to get over early in his career before he really started performing. I must've missed all of the negativity on this board, but out in the real world, I haven't seen any at all...
kardy.. If there wasn't the negativity and lack of respect that swede is referring to Zach would be back home. Sure people like that he's over there and root for him to do well but he still doesn't get the credit he has due. Mostly because allot of fans and industry folk don't give the GPs the respect they deserve.
500guy
6/1/2010 10:14am
Alex wrote:
"I think Zach Osborne Proved he has what it takes."....... a long time before he came and raced the USGP - for anyone who awas actually...
"I think Zach Osborne Proved he has what it takes."....... a long time before he came and raced the USGP - for anyone who awas actually paying any attention anyway

Sorry, couldnt resistWink
I've been following Zach for a few years now. I didn't just have this revelation.

I'm like Kardy, I fail to see the Negativity when it comes to Zach it's been mostly positive since he headed over to the UK.
Huckster
6/1/2010 10:17am
well when you have kids like Eli Tomac and Justin Barcia coming right out of the AM ranks and winning, it makes it hard on the kids like Zach. Zach didnt get it done for whatever reason and he had very good opportunities to do it. It's the way the system is set up. Everyone wants the "next big thing" and there is no time for kids like Zach to develop or hone their skills.

I hope Zach comes back and wins. It would be great to see and if not, I hope he has great success in the GP's. The streets are littered with "next big things" who didn't live up to expectations.

500 guy what was your impression of Roczen and Heirlings?
kardy
6/1/2010 10:23am
kardy.. If there wasn't the negativity and lack of respect that swede is referring to Zach would be back home. Sure people like that he's over...
kardy.. If there wasn't the negativity and lack of respect that swede is referring to Zach would be back home. Sure people like that he's over there and root for him to do well but he still doesn't get the credit he has due. Mostly because allot of fans and industry folk don't give the GPs the respect they deserve.
Having read your response, I'll stand by what I said. Zach had a cool opportunity with a solid team in England who really wanted him there, and he went for it. He has a loyal following in the U.S., you can be sure of that.

jamma10
6/1/2010 10:25am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2010 10:26am
I think I can answer for 500guy on that one - they both had a disastrous weekend. Roczen didn't do himself many favours by not practicing at all before the Saturday. Its a shame the fans didn't get to see the usual three way battle they have with Musquin.
Racer111
6/1/2010 10:25am
One race doesn't prove anything to me. It's putting a whole series together. Kind of like Tommy Hahn did last year in the Outdoors.
500guy
6/1/2010 10:51am
jamma10 wrote:
I think I can answer for 500guy on that one - they both had a disastrous weekend. Roczen didn't do himself many favours by not practicing...
I think I can answer for 500guy on that one - they both had a disastrous weekend. Roczen didn't do himself many favours by not practicing at all before the Saturday. Its a shame the fans didn't get to see the usual three way battle they have with Musquin.
True , I was impressed at times by both but it was obvious they were a little off.
RACEGUY
6/1/2010 10:52am
Racer111 wrote:
One race doesn't prove anything to me. It's putting a whole series together. Kind of like Tommy Hahn did last year in the Outdoors.
Spoken like someone who knows absolutely nothing about what's going on with Osborne or the GP series.

Way to go!
mxr338
6/1/2010 12:03pm
thanks boys! 500guy where were you on sunday afternoon? i was looking for you to give you what i promised. i lost my trusty blackberry though so i couldnt call you!
Racer111
6/1/2010 12:09pm
Racer111 wrote:
RACEGUY wrote:
Spoken like someone who knows absolutely nothing about what's going on with Osborne or the GP series.

Way to go!
I believe he is sitting in 6th place in points right now after 6 of 15 rounds. That is nice, but there are 9 more rounds to go. Hopefully he can stay there or move up. I still haven't seen him ride like I have at Muddy Creek in Tennessee on a few occasions.
500guy
6/1/2010 12:29pm
mxr338 wrote:
thanks boys! 500guy where were you on sunday afternoon? i was looking for you to give you what i promised. i lost my trusty blackberry though...
thanks boys! 500guy where were you on sunday afternoon? i was looking for you to give you what i promised. i lost my trusty blackberry though so i couldnt call you!
No worries.

We will do it another time.
Adam43
6/1/2010 12:34pm
Taking the plunge and heading to Europe was the best thing possible for Zach's career. Great move. I think he should stay there and try to become world champion. Modern day Trampas Parker.
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 12:38pm
Adam43 wrote:
Taking the plunge and heading to Europe was the best thing possible for Zach's career. Great move. I think he should stay there and try to...
Taking the plunge and heading to Europe was the best thing possible for Zach's career. Great move. I think he should stay there and try to become world champion. Modern day Trampas Parker.
Only problem is being a modern day Trampas Parker doesn't allow you to retire in style. I hope he makes it back to the states by the time he's seasoned well and gets a decent 450 ride and makes some real money. After what I saw in Donington mxdn 08 I think he belongs on a 450 with a great team..
Adam43
6/1/2010 1:03pm
Only problem is being a modern day Trampas Parker doesn't allow you to retire in style. I hope he makes it back to the states by...
Only problem is being a modern day Trampas Parker doesn't allow you to retire in style. I hope he makes it back to the states by the time he's seasoned well and gets a decent 450 ride and makes some real money. After what I saw in Donington mxdn 08 I think he belongs on a 450 with a great team..
Being a modern day Parker would allow a guy to retire better than being a modern day Damon Huffman, someone who was in the mix but was just a top 10 guy most of the time. It's always good to be a big fish.

Zach will get a 450 deal in time (I bet in Europe), he just needs to work on his consistency more.
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2010 1:20pm
Only problem is being a modern day Trampas Parker doesn't allow you to retire in style. I hope he makes it back to the states by...
Adam43 wrote:
Being a modern day Parker would allow a guy to retire better than being a modern day Damon Huffman, someone who was in the mix but...
Being a modern day Parker would allow a guy to retire better than being a modern day Damon Huffman, someone who was in the mix but was just a top 10 guy most of the time. It's always good to be a big fish.

Zach will get a 450 deal in time (I bet in Europe), he just needs to work on his consistency more.
I know what your saying adam and agree. I just think Zach deserves a good ride in his home country where he can make a good living and be near friends and family at the same time. Guys like JLaw get pay stubs in the $1 million range and a guy like Zach that's a good kid ,does the right things and dedicates his life to the sport gets the shaft. Shit like that just doesn't make sense to me.
Huckster
6/1/2010 2:22pm
I know what your saying adam and agree. I just think Zach deserves a good ride in his home country where he can make a good...
I know what your saying adam and agree. I just think Zach deserves a good ride in his home country where he can make a good living and be near friends and family at the same time. Guys like JLaw get pay stubs in the $1 million range and a guy like Zach that's a good kid ,does the right things and dedicates his life to the sport gets the shaft. Shit like that just doesn't make sense to me.
JLaw won a title. I thought you had a clue? If Zach had won a lites title of any kind, he would still be in the US and would have collected some decent pay checks.
jamma10
6/1/2010 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:16pm
I know what your saying adam and agree. I just think Zach deserves a good ride in his home country where he can make a good...
Huckster wrote:
JLaw won a title. I thought you had a clue? If Zach had won a lites title of any kind, he would still be in the...
JLaw won a title. I thought you had a clue? If Zach had won a lites title of any kind, he would still be in the US and would have collected some decent pay checks.
I don't want to single any riders out particularly, but it would be interesting to hear from a reliable source what the salaries are actually like in the GPs, rather than this assumption that the poor old things are 'just about getting by'.

Im sure I remember an industry guy stating on a uk forum a few years ago that one or two English GP competitors were on, or close to six figure salaries at the time. Is that so bad? The factory guys are sorted, thats for sure, but then its always been like that in GP's
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2010 3:49pm
Huckster wrote:
JLaw won a title. I thought you had a clue? If Zach had won a lites title of any kind, he would still be in the...
JLaw was paid a million dollar contract way before he won his title.. At least that's what I read. Either way I was referring to them when they first became pro's.. You must be completely clueless if you don't think I know Jlaw won a title.. Although a regional sx championship isn't really considered a title. If it was Windham wouldn't be called the fastest guy to never win a title.
DanDunes818
6/1/2010 3:46pm
Huckster wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I don't want to single any riders out particularly, but it would be interesting to hear from a reliable source what the salaries are actually like...
I don't want to single any riders out particularly, but it would be interesting to hear from a reliable source what the salaries are actually like in the GPs, rather than this assumption that the poor old things are 'just about getting by'.

Im sure I remember an industry guy stating on a uk forum a few years ago that one or two English GP competitors were on, or close to six figure salaries at the time. Is that so bad? The factory guys are sorted, thats for sure, but then its always been like that in GP's
Jamma.. I honestly have no clue what they are. I would not even guess what they may be because I've never even heard a ball park figure. But when you hear interviews w/DP19 saying he can't afford to fly business class it makes me wonder.

Post a reply to: I think Zach Osborne Proved he has what it takes.

The Latest