I think Tim Gajser is going to be the 2016 MXGP champion.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2016 9:51am
His 2nd moto this past weekend was a little squirley , but I think this kid is going to just get faster and faster. He was a great MX2 rider to begin with ( Better than Febvre I thought ) and now that he's done with schooling and does nothing but train and ride , the guy has a bright future.

If he doesn't win it this year , I believe he will be a future champion. Next year when Herlings moves up , and runs with Gajser , and Febvre the speeds will increase even more. There will be some MXGP vet riders that will need to either pick up the pace or get left behind.

I'm a huge AC222 fan , and I'll never count that guy out. But man , there are some fast freakin' kids moving up and they aint playing around.
|
Bidirella
4/2/2016 10:11am
Good change! Looking forward to see him battle with Febvre for the title! I think its coming down to those 2 guys this year. Or Cairoli needs to rail in some point on them the next few races. He is already 37 point down after 3 races..

2 moto was for sure a little squirley, those mistakes and aggresion will cost him points in the end..

Brent
4/2/2016 10:13am
I don't know, a lot of attrition due to injuries last year. It could be the last man standing that wins it this year, rather than the fastest...
4/2/2016 10:15am
It's good to see new people mixing it up , the future of racing in the MXGPs is safe Cool
GG83
4/2/2016 10:26am
I really don't think so. Not because is not fat enough, but because he won't waste his precious time and move next year to the US "a la DV12".

The Shop

jeffro503
4/2/2016 10:29am
Don't get me wrong , i think Febvre will be strong until the end and tough to beat. But with Tim already riding at those speeds his rookie year , is impressive to say the least.

Speaking about one of the vet riders here...Nagl is a force to be reckoned with! When that dude is " on " he's almost untouchable. He will have some rounds this year where he'll destroy everyone i think. Kind of like he did a few times last year.

Great seeing these two worlds collide between the Vet guys and these new and super fast kids moving up.
plowboy
4/2/2016 10:51am
The top 5 or 6 spots are gonna be a crap shoot. Super fast guys in that range. Which track suits who best seems to be the factor this year. It sucks that we only have the Nations to see the "best of the best" head to head. But then again, I suppose that's what makes the MXoN so anticipated and exciting. Go AC and Wheaties Boy. ...my favs from each series.
4/2/2016 10:53am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2016 10:56am
It's been awesome to see Gajser start off so well and enter the class the way he has. He's a serious threat and is going to win more titles (you'd think so anyway). With that said I believe that Febvre will get it done once again for this year - he just looks like the most complete package at this point, whereas Tony and Max are still trying to get back to where they were. Tim of course is blindingly fast but perhaps a little wild in places. Hard to tell but I'm going to stick with Romain.
4/2/2016 11:12am
I think Febvre is starting to be kind of Dungeyesque in his consistency! I don't think he's been of the (overall) podium since Valkenswaard last year. That's like 16 races, 17 if you include MXoN! That's hard to beat!
Superdave19
4/2/2016 11:14am
I think you're spot on Jeffro- Tim's on fire, and the intensity he brings is insane.
Question
4/2/2016 11:16am
GG83 wrote:
I really don't think so. Not because is not fat enough, but because he won't waste his precious time and move next year to the US...
I really don't think so. Not because is not fat enough, but because he won't waste his precious time and move next year to the US "a la DV12".

I really wish him that. Nothing better than looking for new challenges. He is young and talented, he can also come back stronger in GPs later "à la Pichon" Smile

But for that, firstly he must stay injury free. He has got a great style but this new generation is often on the ground. It is the only area where they can improve.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/2/2016 11:32am
If it wasn't for Febvre I'd be with you on that title thing. He's just so much better compared to last year... But beating Febvre will be tough. Not impossible but tough.
By the way I believe he said that there is a chance we will see him in the US in 2017 if he wins the title this year. Maybe I'm wrong
4/2/2016 1:51pm
Poppanator wrote:
I think Febvre is starting to be kind of Dungeyesque in his consistency! I don't think he's been of the (overall) podium since Valkenswaard last year...
I think Febvre is starting to be kind of Dungeyesque in his consistency! I don't think he's been of the (overall) podium since Valkenswaard last year. That's like 16 races, 17 if you include MXoN! That's hard to beat!
Another impressive stat concerning Febvre : 42 consecutives GPs without any DNF (since czech GP in august 2013) !!!...

Woohoo
GG83
4/2/2016 2:15pm
Poppanator wrote:
I think Febvre is starting to be kind of Dungeyesque in his consistency! I don't think he's been of the (overall) podium since Valkenswaard last year...
Another impressive stat concerning Febvre : 42 consecutives GPs without any DNF (since czech GP in august 2013) !!!...

Woohoo
Pas mal ;-)
RG1
4/2/2016 2:19pm
A lot of established MXGP riders are being caught out by the young guns at the minute. They need to up their game, and I think they will. I think Gajser is still too mistake prone to take home a title this year, but he's certainly a contender. When the championship comes back to Europe in a month or so, that's when it should get really interesting. Cairoli should be 100%, Desalle should be healthy, hopefully Paulin will be back, that's when the championship will really heat up
St Ann More
4/2/2016 2:24pm
What I like most about Gasjer is his humble modest nature! I first remember seeing him on the 450 at the Latvia MXdN and he had blazing speed on the Saturday, issues didn't translate into a result for him but I became a fan! He's definitely going to contend, but beating Febvre is going to be tough!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/2/2016 3:10pm
What I like most about Gasjer is his humble modest nature! I first remember seeing him on the 450 at the Latvia MXdN and he had...
What I like most about Gasjer is his humble modest nature! I first remember seeing him on the 450 at the Latvia MXdN and he had blazing speed on the Saturday, issues didn't translate into a result for him but I became a fan! He's definitely going to contend, but beating Febvre is going to be tough!
He finished the open class qualifier third with a broken rib. That was incredible. And on a 450, back then he was 17 years old
themrtoad
4/2/2016 3:41pm
Both Febvre and Gajser are humble, smart and extremely talented and fit. I think they can handle most of the veterans even when they are fit but Herlings is a totally different animal. Who ever wins 2016 will have a hard time defending it.
HenryA
4/2/2016 3:59pm
IDK man, Febvre looks rock solid. Gajser has done some sktechy moves, sure he is extremely fast but remember how fast Febvre was at the second half of the last season. Too early to tell at this point IMO, but your're right on the AC222 thing, he needs to pick up his pace if he wants to run with the rookies. Looks like his GF said that AC222 is still nursing an injury though?
JB 19
4/2/2016 4:38pm
I missed Valkenswaard. Is there anywhere to watch it now?
kiwifan
4/2/2016 4:42pm
Before the season started I said TG would be a threat but I am surprised how well he has done...I am also surprised at Nagl and Townley, expected more from them

Not 100% sold on the idea that TG will win the championship, but if he stays healthy then he will be right up there judging on his performances so far
PressPassP
4/2/2016 5:51pm
Tonkov moves up next year also and going by his MXdN peformance on the 450 at Kegums,many would've argued that he'd have the most potential in the MX1 class,5-6 on the day up against that type of competition is damn impressive
visser62
4/2/2016 5:51pm
I don't see him as champion this year. Febvre is too good, and I think we'll see Cairoli, Desalle, and Nagl get up there.

fpandjic
4/2/2016 9:21pm
crusty_xx wrote:
He finished the open class qualifier third with a broken rib. That was incredible. And on a 450, back then he was 17 years old
He had two broken vertebrae, not ribs Smile
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/3/2016 7:09am
themrtoad wrote:
Both Febvre and Gajser are humble, smart and extremely talented and fit. I think they can handle most of the veterans even when they are fit...
Both Febvre and Gajser are humble, smart and extremely talented and fit. I think they can handle most of the veterans even when they are fit but Herlings is a totally different animal. Who ever wins 2016 will have a hard time defending it.
It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure when there are 2-3 people that can run his pace(except at the sand tracks). Seen last year when he "pressed" and ended up on the ground, will the same happen when he finally moves up?
4/3/2016 8:35am
When Herlings is fit and 100% healthy there is none that can match his speed not in the mx2 and not in the MXGP
jgmxdad251
4/3/2016 9:02am
Moens_Andy wrote:
When Herlings is fit and 100% healthy there is none that can match his speed not in the mx2 and not in the MXGP
I totally agree with the first part of what you said but, the second part is unproven. We won't know that tell he actually races MXGP.
Gajser looks great but, I think Febvre is the man to beat. Still a long way to go.
Rowlands
4/3/2016 9:51am
He defiantly has had a brilliant start that I did not expect however I think Febvre has him covered. But the man we all need to watch out for is the 222. He is not done yet you wait until he is back 100% healthy I think he still has a lot of fight in him and of course nobody knows the GP's mote than Tony. Just look at the way he retaliated when RF461 went by on the last lap he has more speed in him defiantly. Should be an awesome season !

Post a reply to: I think Tim Gajser is going to be the 2016 MXGP champion.

The Latest