I think Roczen's crash is in Dungey's head

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ryan Dungey fan. I've had two favorite riders in 30 years and he is one of them. But if I were him, here's what I would be thinking:

"Look man, I'm about 8 months away from retirement. I got this hot wife and a lake house being built on Minnetonka. My investment guy over at Charles Schwab tells me I ain't ever gotta worry about money again. Fuck Eli Tomac and his triple-quad through the rhythm section. I'm finishing this on two wheels tonight and hopefully I'll win this championship anyway.
|
S.Loyer
2/4/2017 7:30pm
I think his settings are off. Bout it.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
2/4/2017 7:31pm
Careful man, I made a post about this earlier and got dogpiled.
TXDirt
2/4/2017 7:31pm
He got second and still holds red plate. Looks okay to me. Track was gnarly. No need to push it yet.
TXDirt
2/4/2017 7:32pm
hartebreak wrote:
Careful man, I made a post about this earlier and got dogpiled.
Yeah cause what you said was stupid. So you got what you deserved. You posted that in the qualifiers lol. Just take your medicine.

The Shop

rutsmash
2/4/2017 7:35pm
I thought the same thing...Dungey has a lot to lose at this point..can't blame him. The bigger deal to me is how much I think Roczen got into Tomac's head. This whole bike thing seems to be a bunch of horse shit actually. So Roczen goes from Suzuki to Honda and dominates his first ride on a new bike...and Tomac struggles his second year..??? ha, BS. Now that Roczen is out, Tomac believes he is best and that is the ONLY reason he moves forward now.
kkawboy14
2/4/2017 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2017 7:37pm
It's in my head and all I was doing is grilling and watching the race!
RD757
2/4/2017 7:36pm
I agree, his abilities are so elite that he can still get a podium but I believe he is a different rider right now than he was at San Diego.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/4/2017 7:37pm
rutsmash wrote:
I thought the same thing...Dungey has a lot to lose at this point..can't blame him. The bigger deal to me is how much I think Roczen...
I thought the same thing...Dungey has a lot to lose at this point..can't blame him. The bigger deal to me is how much I think Roczen got into Tomac's head. This whole bike thing seems to be a bunch of horse shit actually. So Roczen goes from Suzuki to Honda and dominates his first ride on a new bike...and Tomac struggles his second year..??? ha, BS. Now that Roczen is out, Tomac believes he is best and that is the ONLY reason he moves forward now.
If this is the case why wasn't Eli 2nd in all the races Kenny was in?
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
2/4/2017 7:40pm
not taking anything thing from tomac. he was on another level.
but I think a 17 point lead is in his head on a rutted nasty track.
that was dungey doing what dungey does.
kiwifan
2/4/2017 7:40pm
I doubt it, Dungey has amazing mental strength...also he knows he doesnt have to go all balls out to win the title....isnt it that simple?
2/4/2017 7:43pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
8 months away from retirement? Source?
I don't have a source for that. I'm just a guy who has read that retirement at the end of 2017 is a real possibility for Dungey. Selfishly, I hope he rides longer than that, but I would mostly like to see him retire healthy and still on top.

My original post was meant to be somewhat thought provoking, and a little funny.

Sargent Rock
2/4/2017 7:43pm
I would say he is very calculating and probably taking it down a notch. No need to take massive risks.
2/4/2017 7:49pm
I would say he is very calculating and probably taking it down a notch. No need to take massive risks.
I would agree with you.
JAFO92
2/4/2017 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2017 7:55pm
Agreed. The track was total shit and its all about the points. You can tell clear as day at the 2 minute mark Dungey let him go. You cant win the Championship in one night, but you can damn sure lose it in one night.
c0ncEpT
2/4/2017 7:50pm
^ This.

Those ruts were gnarly. Would have been easy to make a mistake and go down for the year. 2nd was good enough tonight.
brimx153
2/4/2017 8:01pm
he extended his points lead . plus the only difference tonight between ryan and eli was that quad . eli has nothing to lose . plus the op saying ken crash has anything to do with dungey is just bullshit
ChrisB10
2/4/2017 8:04pm
I completely agree. He's always been willing to take what he can get but yeah with Nelson's injury and now Ken's no doubt he could be riding extra cautious and tbh I don't blame him one bit.
brimx153
2/4/2017 8:09pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
I completely agree. He's always been willing to take what he can get but yeah with Nelson's injury and now Ken's no doubt he could be...
I completely agree. He's always been willing to take what he can get but yeah with Nelson's injury and now Ken's no doubt he could be riding extra cautious and tbh I don't blame him one bit.
i think he is more worried about throwing away a 17 point lead than getting injured
2/4/2017 8:21pm
...and if Dungey were to waste his time and read this which he wont, he would say blah blah bleeping blah. Then follow it with something to the affect of I do my job of winning Championships the way I see fit. If staying safe is on my mind it is with good reason. Step back, Ive done this before. All of it...
2/4/2017 8:23pm
kiwifan wrote:
I doubt it, Dungey has amazing mental strength...also he knows he doesnt have to go all balls out to win the title....isnt it that simple?
Maybe it is that simple. Dungey is probably the strongest rider with the mental game. In the first two races, all he had to worry about was Roczen, now it's Tomac. But he does have to worry about Tomac now.
cali11
2/4/2017 8:28pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ryan Dungey fan. I've had two favorite riders in 30 years and he is one of them. But if...
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ryan Dungey fan. I've had two favorite riders in 30 years and he is one of them. But if I were him, here's what I would be thinking:

"Look man, I'm about 8 months away from retirement. I got this hot wife and a lake house being built on Minnetonka. My investment guy over at Charles Schwab tells me I ain't ever gotta worry about money again. Fuck Eli Tomac and his triple-quad through the rhythm section. I'm finishing this on two wheels tonight and hopefully I'll win this championship anyway.
So if he dosent win somthing is wrong? He never did munch winning when RV was around. What's up with that?
mingham97
2/4/2017 8:31pm
A 17 point lead is nothing in the scheme of things. All it takes is something as small as a mechanical and that is over. I'm not saying dungey should be scared, but he's not necessarily comfortable
2/4/2017 8:48pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ryan Dungey fan. I've had two favorite riders in 30 years and he is one of them. But if...

cali11 wrote:
So if he dosent win somthing is wrong? He never did munch winning when RV was around. What's up with that?
No, no, not at all. I think he is content to take a second place or a podium here or there. He'll win when it is possible - he always has. But in 2015 and 2016 we saw an animalistic Ryan Dungey, willing to do whatever it took to win a Supercross race. We saw it through the first three races this year, too. But in the last two weeks, he's been a little off.

Not sure why that is, but after seeing those Instagram pictures of Ken Roczen's forearm sliced wide open, I'd be less likely to go 3-4 in a rhythm section when 3-2-2 gets it done. I can't blame him.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
2/4/2017 9:10pm

So Dungey breaks his own neck and come back and is leading the points but Krocs broken arm has him spooked. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
MXR
2/4/2017 9:16pm
Tomac's speed has him spooked .
2/4/2017 9:31pm
The Dunginator has lost the edge maverick. might be turning in his wings after this season.

wfo4ever
2/4/2017 9:50pm
I feel sorry for all the riders that have been injured. I have had major injuries during my life. I always tell people I am 54 but my carcass is 98. I hurt everyday 24/7 from those injuries, some were life altering, it just gets worse with age. I own a wheel chair now. But I still love Moto!!! So if you ever see a guy riding in a electric cart at Walmart that is in his 50's wearing a motocross t-shirt driving the cart like a maniac. Say "Hello" and lets do some bench racing or better yet you get an electric cart and we can race each other in Walmart.
djc
2/4/2017 10:15pm
Honestly I think something is up with dungey to get caught from they far back but the track was shit and honesty I dont think roczen had shit to do with it. Either way I would be on dungey getting second every week over Eli beating him every week, which I hope happens but let's be real
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
2/4/2017 11:36pm
The Dunginator has lost the edge maverick. might be turning in his wings after this season. [img]http://dirtynomad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/20130529231504b0d.jpg[/img]
The Dunginator has lost the edge maverick. might be turning in his wings after this season.

But how long before Tomac pulls a Kroc or did Kroc pull a Tomac ? Either way I am going with the guy who finished on the podium 16 of 17 SX races last season and has a big number 1 on his red number plate.

Post a reply to: I think Roczen's crash is in Dungey's head

The Latest