I kind of feel sorry for Dungey

bg22
Fantasy
3050th
7/17/2010 10:45pm
That's bad news for Roger and company. Can't be a good vibe in the pits if it's true.
FlaNard
7/18/2010 12:11am
That sucks to hear. They have had the best 450 team/bike for years now. Ryan is the man, and Roger has done amazing things to bring that program to where it is.
DanDunes818
7/18/2010 12:13am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 12:14am
Bauer wrote:
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or...
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or all of the guys on Suzukis this year got stiffed for dough. I wonder if they're even going to have a team next year. It would be a shame for RD to win all these races and miss out on the financial rewards that go with it. It's not likely he'll have many years like this one...

This economy sucks, bigtime.
I've come to expect hearing about riders getting stiffed by their teams in mx. Just not from one of the big 4 factory teams. I didn't say big 5 because we all know KTM has stiffed more than one rider. It's been common practice in MX for satellite teams to stiff riders. The good thing like allot of you have mentioned is it is a huge company and not a small team so chances are he'll get his money one way or another. But damn are times really that bad in mx??
41NDT
7/18/2010 12:35am
Bauer wrote:
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or...
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or all of the guys on Suzukis this year got stiffed for dough. I wonder if they're even going to have a team next year. It would be a shame for RD to win all these races and miss out on the financial rewards that go with it. It's not likely he'll have many years like this one...

Don't believe it.
But since it is on Vital it must be true.
Didn't MXA work out that for every bike (RMZ450) they sold nearly half of it went to RC's wage.
Maybe thats it they are still paying of RC

The Shop

jock
Fantasy
1st
7/18/2010 12:58am
plowboy wrote:
Didn't Reed ride for less bucks but bought that big insurance policy that paid off big time....or was that an SX deal? Not sure about the...
Didn't Reed ride for less bucks but bought that big insurance policy that paid off big time....or was that an SX deal? Not sure about the rest of the teams but Suzi has been hurting for a couple of years.
Didn't Suzuki take out a policy with Llyod's, and Reedy take a personal one as well?
No win, no bonus.

Maybe the writing was on the board.
Crush
7/18/2010 1:59am
Buy a Suzuki dammit!!!!

They're the best bikes out!! Get one!!!
teggers
7/18/2010 2:07am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 2:11am
That's one hell of a post.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/18/2010 2:20am
Brent wrote:
Who would have ever thought that Suzuki Motor Corp USA could not pay their bills? ( if it's true) Is Mel Harris still running that place...
Who would have ever thought that Suzuki Motor Corp USA could not pay their bills? ( if it's true)

Is Mel Harris still running that place WTF?
No.
RussS
7/18/2010 3:11am
Expect to see Dungey still on Suzuki next season.
7/18/2010 6:35am
Kinetic1 wrote:
If anyone else posted this I would call BS. That sucks for him. I wonder if the yellow riders will ever see their dough.
+1... I was calling bullsheit in my head already as I was reading in then I saw who posted it... Bauer is one of the few on here with credible info IMO.

But very interesting tidbit nonetheless.
Conkey
7/18/2010 7:03am
I didn't read the rest of this but who said Suzuki wasn't paying their bills? From what I wrote, I know that the company wouldn't have gone racing without the 6-8 million dollar price range that Rockstar paid them.

Also, I thought Reed was the one that took out the policy from Lloyd's. So, if he didn't get that championship done he would have lost money.

Suzuki was paying big, big, big salaries and bonuses to not only Carmichael and Reed but also to Ben Spies and Mat Mladin for many years.
7/18/2010 7:11am
Yet again it seems more money more problems,the current climate has affected most things,I seriously doubt the sport will be avoided,the bubble would most likely burst to some degree and take a hit,let's hope it's not too big
bobby397
7/18/2010 7:20am
Dungey would be a great fit over at Honda, So would Roger, CP377, and JS7.
rubarb
7/18/2010 8:10am
Bauer wrote:

You mean the stimulus package isn't working out?
calimxer91
7/18/2010 8:56am
And they said his charities are doing real good because of him yesterday on the broad cast. Hope this is'nt true.
mcmx
7/19/2010 6:48pm
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm bored at home and got the house to myself. Smile

I doubt that Dungey isn't getting paid because Suzuki has no money. I've been paying attention to the motorcycle industry for the past few years because I've got a lot of friends always saying that the whole industry is on its way to drying up. So I googled Suzuki to see how they were doing, and it looks like they've been turning a profit, though they're still down from years before. Here's the link I read http://blog.guidoebert.com/2010/05/13/suzuki-yearend-profits-up-54-on-r… It seems to me that if they turn a profit then that means theyre doing something right...but I really don't know how all that stuff works.

Anyway, if Dungey wasn't getting paid, I don't think he'd be sticking around! If Suzuki couldn't pay him, dont you think he'd have taken off by now? Maybe the original rumor was that Dungey wasn't getting paid...as much as a Formula One racer! Since Ryan is still there, though, and still smiling on the podium, things can't be that bad!
Sparkalounger
7/19/2010 7:04pm
I thought that technically Suzuki farmed out the mx team to Yosh just as they do in road racin. Wouldn't that mean that Yosh is the one not payin?
BobbyM
7/19/2010 7:07pm
mcmx wrote:
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm bored at home and got the house to myself. :) I doubt that Dungey isn't getting paid...
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm bored at home and got the house to myself. Smile

I doubt that Dungey isn't getting paid because Suzuki has no money. I've been paying attention to the motorcycle industry for the past few years because I've got a lot of friends always saying that the whole industry is on its way to drying up. So I googled Suzuki to see how they were doing, and it looks like they've been turning a profit, though they're still down from years before. Here's the link I read http://blog.guidoebert.com/2010/05/13/suzuki-yearend-profits-up-54-on-r… It seems to me that if they turn a profit then that means theyre doing something right...but I really don't know how all that stuff works.

Anyway, if Dungey wasn't getting paid, I don't think he'd be sticking around! If Suzuki couldn't pay him, dont you think he'd have taken off by now? Maybe the original rumor was that Dungey wasn't getting paid...as much as a Formula One racer! Since Ryan is still there, though, and still smiling on the podium, things can't be that bad!
yep...bauer makes shit up and has no friends in the know. yup...rock on ef hutton
KAWboy14
7/19/2010 7:22pm
Bauer wrote:

dont worry the promoters will kick it up for him!
Hank_Thrill
7/19/2010 7:32pm
With Nike's sweatshop labor force, I assume they are able to present him with a healthy check.
VOODOO27
7/19/2010 7:42pm
Sorry, if this has be asked already... but if the bonus program is a part of his written contract, isn't Suzuki legally obligated to pay it? If not, couldn't he sue/leave the team for breach of contract?

Isn't that how the real world works?
KAWboy14
7/19/2010 7:44pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
Sorry, if this has be asked already... but if the bonus program is a part of his written contract, isn't Suzuki legally obligated to pay it...
Sorry, if this has be asked already... but if the bonus program is a part of his written contract, isn't Suzuki legally obligated to pay it? If not, couldn't he sue/leave the team for breach of contract?

i am sure that would void his contract and for sure kawasaki, yamaha and honda are looking for a racer/winner!
BobbyM
7/19/2010 8:43pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
Sorry, if this has be asked already... but if the bonus program is a part of his written contract, isn't Suzuki legally obligated to pay it...

since when does a lawsuit equal money? anybody can sue anybody...for instance i can sue you for being ignorant...doesn't mean you are...or not
offspring22
7/19/2010 8:50pm
I am going to file a lawsuit against Vital MX for wasting my time and my life.

I think mcmx, VOODOO27 and KAWboy14 are all on the right track here.

Ridiculous rumor is ridiculous.

All done.
zookie
7/19/2010 8:55pm
LOL at this thread. Gosh, rumors are really fun.

Do you guys honestly think a dude being stiffed his bonus money would speak so highly of his crew during interviews and be in such a good place mentally. It is asinine to think this may have any truth to it.

Suzuki isn't stupid, when any corporation with half a brain cell hires a championship caliber rider you can be dammed sure they calculated how much they would potentially have to pay him in the "worst case" scenario he wins everything and gets maximum bonuses for the year. Suzuki may even be insured on this. Whatever you may think, the actuarial and accounting folks there aren't stupid and they surely had this situation in mind when his contract was laid out.

Yea...next topic.
VOODOO27
7/19/2010 8:58pm
Bauer wrote:

Isn't that the America's legal system working at its finest? Lawsuits aren't money in the bank... but, contracts are legal binding documents. If an old lady can cash in for spilling her McDonald's coffee on her lap without any kind of written agreement, anything is possible...

Now, you suing me for pain and suffering, in your current state of mental anguish, is a frivolous lawsuit that'd get thrown out of court, and cost both of us money. And, I'd still beat your one legged ass outside the courtroom, for wasting my time. NorCal bro or not. Smile

Then, you can sue me again, and we take a ride on the merry-go-round once more. American Justice, at it's finest.
Sonny
7/19/2010 9:15pm
How much money does RC still get from Suzuki?? For not racing.
Friday
7/19/2010 9:37pm
Do I think Dungey would stay on Suzuki,keep putting out 100%,keep winning motos,keep smiling on the podium and giving props to his team and crew? .............Absolutely! That's one of the things that separates him from most of the rest. He's a racer. He's humble. He's calculating. He's winning championships and making marks in the record books. He has his priorities straight and is smart enough to keep things in perspective and focus on the job at hand. He wouldn't bad mouth Zooks or leave in the middle of a season.........would he jump to a new team for SX 2011? If this rumor is true,I hope so!Wink

Post a reply to: I kind of feel sorry for Dungey

The Latest