I kind of feel sorry for Dungey

Bauer
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:37pm
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or all of the guys on Suzukis this year got stiffed for dough. I wonder if they're even going to have a team next year. It would be a shame for RD to win all these races and miss out on the financial rewards that go with it. It's not likely he'll have many years like this one...

This economy sucks, bigtime.
|
Kinetic1
7/17/2010 4:54pm
If anyone else posted this I would call BS. That sucks for him. I wonder if the yellow riders will ever see their dough.
jeffro503
7/17/2010 5:00pm
Bauer wrote:
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or...
From what I've heard Dungey hasn't been getting paid any bonus money from Suzuki because they apparently don't have it...in fact I heard that many or all of the guys on Suzukis this year got stiffed for dough. I wonder if they're even going to have a team next year. It would be a shame for RD to win all these races and miss out on the financial rewards that go with it. It's not likely he'll have many years like this one...

This economy sucks, bigtime.
Jesus Christ.......Are you positive on this? If so.....that sucks big time! He'll get a big championship bonus i would think from winning the SX and MX titles though wouldn't he?

Well.........All I can say is , if the money isn't there , I would think Ryan would be looking to ride for someone else when his contract is up. Which is a shame....because him and that Suzuki seem to fit really well together.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
7/17/2010 5:02pm
That sucks if it's true.

But if it is true, then more respect for him. Some riders might be inclined to try less, or even sit out a round until they pay up.
WFO
7/17/2010 5:02pm
Steve,
I cant speak about Factory Suzuki but there are some "other" Suzuki Teams near me that seem to be having the same issue. I hear it's the Sponsors that are slow in paying the money. I also hear Rockstar gives Suzuki 4 mil for ALL the Factory Suzuki Teams. Don't know the breakdown of which team gets what. What ever happened to "ShameLess"?

D

The Shop

motogeezer
7/17/2010 5:05pm
Were you in it for the money, Steve?

I doubt it...

Getting paid anything to do what you love is a bonus in itself.

It is a bummer that the guys aren't making the big bucks, like in recent years, but what the hell?

The top guys are making a damned good living.

BobbyM
7/17/2010 5:09pm
steve still does things for free because he loves it....but that shit has to end soon bauer. Smile that's the latest news i heard in the cycle circles.... hint hint.

Kinetic1
7/17/2010 5:11pm
motogeezer wrote:
Were you in it for the money, Steve? I doubt it... Getting paid anything to do what you love is a bonus in itself. It is...

I doubt it...

It is a bummer that the guys aren't making the big bucks, like in recent years, but what the hell?

I'm sure Ryan is doing just fine finacially but it would really suck to be told you are going to get a certainamount of money for doing something and then not get it. Good on RYan for doing the right thing. Maybe it has something to do with his upbringing.
Motodude
7/17/2010 5:15pm
Fact is we're lucky to have a 2010 Team Suzuki at all. The world economy is sucking down the vortex of debt...next year should be very interesting.
Bauer
7/17/2010 5:15pm
motogeezer wrote:
Were you in it for the money, Steve? I doubt it... Getting paid anything to do what you love is a bonus in itself. It is...

I doubt it...

Of course I wasn't in it for the money...there was no money to be had! But if I was blowing my load, training my ass off to win championships in that narrow window that constitutes a rider's career, and succeeding...well, I'd want to be paid for my work. But we're not talking about me.

My guess is that Suzuki is in breach and that Dungey will not be on Suzukis for the second year of his contract. That's just my guess, based on the information I have heard. He'd be a fool to honor a contract if the other party wasn't doing the same...

If true, it certainly puts Roger in an uncomfortable and shitty position that he doesn't deserve to be in.
7/17/2010 5:19pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
That sucks if it's true. But if it is true, then more respect for him. Some riders might be inclined to try less, or even sit...
That sucks if it's true.

But if it is true, then more respect for him. Some riders might be inclined to try less, or even sit out a round until they pay up.
If that some did then they shouldn't be out there.
motogeezer
7/17/2010 5:23pm
Bauer wrote:
Of course I wasn't in it for the money...there was no money to be had! But if I was blowing my load, training my ass off...
Of course I wasn't in it for the money...there was no money to be had! But if I was blowing my load, training my ass off to win championships in that narrow window that constitutes a rider's career, and succeeding...well, I'd want to be paid for my work. But we're not talking about me.

My guess is that Suzuki is in breach and that Dungey will not be on Suzukis for the second year of his contract. That's just my guess, based on the information I have heard. He'd be a fool to honor a contract if the other party wasn't doing the same...

If true, it certainly puts Roger in an uncomfortable and shitty position that he doesn't deserve to be in.
Maybe if they hadn't over paid their last two champs, they'd have the money in the bank to pay the new one.Whistling
Conkey
7/17/2010 6:06pm
From what I know, if Rockstar didn't keep paying the multiple millions they do to Suzuki they'd have been up poo creek. That is from one of the Suzuki high ups and personal Rockstar high up connections.
swizcore
7/17/2010 6:11pm
Wow, if true that makes MC's first 3yr big bike bonus deal sound pretty alright.
TerryK
7/17/2010 6:14pm
Wasn't lack of money the reason Reed and Suzuki parted?
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
7/17/2010 6:48pm
If true it could spell trouble for Suzuki. It should be in RD's contract and if they are not paying - it could break the contract. But I am sure there is a time frame that Suzuki or the sponsors have to pay to be within contract stipulations.

I am sure Suzuki would not want Dungey on the market for next season.
Whitey
7/17/2010 6:51pm
TerryK wrote:
Wasn't lack of money the reason Reed and Suzuki parted?
I wonder if Chad will end up making more riding half a season with no championships than Ryan will with 2 Championships. Sad if it turns out that way, for Ryan anyway.
plowboy
7/17/2010 6:57pm
Didn't Reed ride for less bucks but bought that big insurance policy that paid off big time....or was that an SX deal? Not sure about the rest of the teams but Suzi has been hurting for a couple of years.
7/17/2010 6:58pm
If they can't pay they will have to give alot of Suuzuki's to him and several dealerships
drummer dude
7/17/2010 7:17pm
If suzuki is in financial shit,they need to start making the f-ing 2 strokes again. the rm's are dam good bikes.they would sell a ton of them. then,they would have the cash to pay riders and have better satalite teams. yamaha still makes the 2 stroke and sounds like they aren't having any financial problems.plus,yamie got alot of satalite teams that are doing well. suzuki needs to get it's head out of it's ass,and start doing something. they cant afford to lose dungey. pretty sure they couldnt pay reed the amount to keep him on the team. chad rode real well when he was on a sazook. just my opinion...
CRF STUFF
7/17/2010 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 7:27pm
I had high hopes that Dungey would end up on a HONDA last year as he fits the HONDA mold perfectly. Polite, well spoken, clean cut, all American type of guy that HONDA loves. It just seemed like a match made in heaven. Maybe there's a second chance!

Maybe Roger will come back to HONDA as well, Then I'll be Super Pumped!
`ol Ger
7/17/2010 7:20pm
Ryan will get his money one way or another.
Brent
7/17/2010 7:26pm
Who would have ever thought that Suzuki Motor Corp USA could not pay their bills? ( if it's true)

Is Mel Harris still running that place WTF?
BobbyM
7/17/2010 8:05pm
Brent wrote:
Who would have ever thought that Suzuki Motor Corp USA could not pay their bills? ( if it's true) Is Mel Harris still running that place...
Who would have ever thought that Suzuki Motor Corp USA could not pay their bills? ( if it's true)

Is Mel Harris still running that place WTF?
i thought he got paid from japan
gt80rider
7/17/2010 8:47pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Ryan will get his money one way or another.
exactly...... that's why they sign contracts..... while Ryan might not want to go after suzi, i'll bet his agent will.... and hopefully Ryan is smart enough to go after money owed to him.... you never know what lies around that next corner....

i would hate to see Ryan leave Suzi..... and hate to see Suzi not have a factory team.... tough times for sure....
DrSweden
7/17/2010 9:21pm
Scary shit. So how does this affect the GP guys coming over? The series are equal poor now or RD still making millions?
MXinOC
7/17/2010 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 9:48pm
motogeezer wrote:

I doubt it...

Geezer is exactly right... in the 70's nobody was in it for the money... we loved it... if the money came it was really a BONUS... where as now it is OBVIOUSLY considered as ENTITLEMENT! Contracts spell it out as far as pay... bonus's are as well, RD knew exactly what he would or could earn before he signed.
7/17/2010 10:07pm
Wow...prolly not gonna get to sleep tonight feeling bad for Dungey. Hope he has someone that can take him in for a night. lol. If Suzi is defaulting on a contractual agreement, that will get settled..and quickly. I'm pretty sure he will get what he has earned, and right fully so. He rocks.

Post a reply to: I kind of feel sorry for Dungey

The Latest