I just stood in my local KTM dealer for over 15m waiting to buy a 250SX and was completely snubbed. Ask me anything.

philG
3/20/2017 3:39am
These guys need to get a grip on reality. I always buy Yamaha (YZ125 and 450F currently) but have owned a KTM 250SX before. Given all...
These guys need to get a grip on reality. I always buy Yamaha (YZ125 and 450F currently) but have owned a KTM 250SX before. Given all the great feedback on the 2017 model, I decided to treat myself.

The bike was on the floor. I have cash. This is the second dealer that completely ignored me. The arrogance of KTM dealers in Australia is beyond belief. The ridiculous pricing compared to Japanese bikes is one thing, but the utter contempt for the customer is unacceptable. I would be glad to pay the money if one of the high and mighty "sales people" could be bothered to "serve" me.

Rockinar wrote:
Sounds like the dealers just hurt your fragile ego. If you really wanted the bike, you would have asked. But you felt like because you had...

Sounds like the dealers just hurt your fragile ego. If you really wanted the bike, you would have asked. But you felt like because you had cash in hand, that a red carpet should be rolled out and salesmen should spill out of a hole in the wall and start kissing you ass.

Maybe the salesmen were busy helping actual buyers who made contact with them? And you cash means nothing. They get cash in hand from financing too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

In your dreams, pal. I could have bought the dealership if I wanted it. Idiot.
Maybe they knew you and decided that it was a better business decision to not sell to you, than have you as a customer.

MR. X
3/20/2017 4:20am
I love a good one sided story in the morning.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/20/2017 5:30am
It's this simple. Wait on no one. You pick up what you want to purchase and you take it to a register. If you can't, you tell someone you want to purchase a bigger item that is on the floor, outside, locked up, on a shelf etc...

You didn't want the bike, you wanted to be held, rubbed, massaged, ass kissed, etc... I know you, I worked at a shop for 12 years. When we were busy or unaware of a customers wants those people like yourself true colors came out. Guess what, the loss in the sale was well worth the headaches that would follow.

BTW, You probably don't have a clue how many people come in just to look like its a museum.

People can't read minds big money grip.

The Shop

NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
3/20/2017 5:32am
Wow. This is a very good read if you like a laugh in the morning. Grinning

Classic.
Braap19
3/20/2017 6:34am
rancor19 wrote:
Wow. I'd go back, walk up to the bike and shout "HEY, M-F'ERS, I'LL TAKE THIS ONE!" while waving the cash around. See if that works...
Wow.

I'd go back, walk up to the bike and shout "HEY, M-F'ERS, I'LL TAKE THIS ONE!" while waving the cash around.

See if that works. If it don't, try just wheeling it out the front door.
Azcrf331 wrote:
+1
+2
F.B
3/20/2017 6:46am
Impulse purchase as a reward to myself (I already have two bikes). After being snubbed twice, I decided I would rather not have it. I will...
Impulse purchase as a reward to myself (I already have two bikes). After being snubbed twice, I decided I would rather not have it. I will probably buy a YZ250 or TC250.

"KTM lost me as a client, I'm getting a Husqvarna!"

Brilliant.
jj welks
3/20/2017 6:52am
15 whole minutes?!?!?!
mingham97
3/20/2017 7:00am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 7:01am
Any one who works in a bike dealership know's the type of customer you are. The guy that has a few bucks and thinks that we would suck your ass for your money.

Respect your salesman and they'll respect you! In all fairness they should have atleast said "Hey mate, what can I help you with?"

seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/20/2017 7:15am
I walked into local dealer a few weeks ago and told them I want a 250sx. They rolled it out front for me and had the paperwork done as quick as possible. Sorry your day didn't go the same way.
CalRMX
3/20/2017 7:18am
They probably ignored you as they had seen you at the local track on your YZ100 with training wheels, and realised you weren't ready for a real bike yet.

The problems with you, if you want somebody to pay attention to you, get a dog. A poodle would fit your personality quite well.
TXDirt
3/20/2017 7:19am
Guy walks into dealership to buy motorcycle and leaves empty handed.

Guy walks into bar to pickup girl and leaves empty handed.
rrjr
3/20/2017 7:22am
kiwifan wrote:
Well this isnt KTM's fault (to be fair I dont think you are implying this) but I am sure they would like to know that a...
Well this isnt KTM's fault (to be fair I dont think you are implying this) but I am sure they would like to know that a particular dealership (or 2?) doesnt have great customer service. I admit to not knowing KTM's policy towards dealerships and what is expected of them, so they may not do anything but then again they might.

I have had this before with a Suzuki dealer a few years back, I just asked (not shouting but loudly so other customers could hear) ..."well do you want my money or should I go to Yamaha around the corner" ...it worked. After the sale was made I did complain to the dealership management, got some free stuff as a result lol
I thought you said you get your bikes for free? Wink
Moto520
3/20/2017 7:29am
Were you dressed like a hobo? Did you look homeless?
wreckitrandy
3/20/2017 7:35am
Markee wrote:
It's this simple. Wait on no one. You pick up what you want to purchase and you take it to a register. If you can't, you...
It's this simple. Wait on no one. You pick up what you want to purchase and you take it to a register. If you can't, you tell someone you want to purchase a bigger item that is on the floor, outside, locked up, on a shelf etc...

You didn't want the bike, you wanted to be held, rubbed, massaged, ass kissed, etc... I know you, I worked at a shop for 12 years. When we were busy or unaware of a customers wants those people like yourself true colors came out. Guess what, the loss in the sale was well worth the headaches that would follow.

BTW, You probably don't have a clue how many people come in just to look like its a museum.

Sounds to me like everybody won in the OP's scenario. My uncle gave me some wise business council years ago. He said, "Some deals, you're better off not getting.". The OP should be glad he found out the dealership doesn't want his business before he messed up and gave it to them. Nobody's bleeding. Be happy.
Monte122
3/20/2017 7:35am
F.B wrote:
"KTM lost me as a client, I'm getting a Husqvarna!"

Brilliant.
Grinning
APLMAN99
3/20/2017 7:36am
Markee wrote:
It's this simple. Wait on no one. You pick up what you want to purchase and you take it to a register. If you can't, you...

davistld01
3/20/2017 7:38am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 7:43am
wsc96 wrote:
2nd dealer that had ignored him. Not completely KTMs fault but where is their customer service at. It is their job to ensure those who represent...
2nd dealer that had ignored him. Not completely KTMs fault but where is their customer service at. It is their job to ensure those who represent the brand are doing a good job.
ML512 wrote:
Their customer service was shipping the other bloke a new engine. I understand where you're coming from but the staff a dealership hires is hard for...
Their customer service was shipping the other bloke a new engine.

I understand where you're coming from but the staff a dealership hires is hard for a manufacturer to control, while fixing or taking care of a customer with an actual product problem is more in their wheelhouse. In this case, the KTM importer or KTM Aus office won't have a clue that there's a problem with a dealership staff unless they're notified about it by a disgruntled customer. In this case, I doubt anyone from the KTM Australia office is checking our forum for customer complaints.

My initial comment is a pun (as noted with the sarcasm alert) but is followed up with questions to better reveal the situation. Because right now, there's almost no background to the situation. I've been in plenty of car and bike dealerships, looking at a product and have never had anyone walk up to me. Some staff isn't so jump down your throat unless you enquire about the product. But, there are some that won't give you the time of day either. I'm curious if he approached any staff and said he wanted to buy a bike or just stood next to one, waiting for a staff member to inquire towards him.
I walked in. Stood next to the bike. Attempted to make eye contact with the staff. They were either "busy on the phone" or talking to...
I walked in. Stood next to the bike. Attempted to make eye contact with the staff. They were either "busy on the phone" or talking to each other.

I kept waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Then I walked out.

Bear in mind that this has happened at TWO SEPARATE DEALERS.

At another dealer several months ago, right when the 2017s were released, I went to find out when the demo days were scheduled for this year, as I was torn between the 150SX and 250SX. The dealer told me, and I quote: 'Dunno, check the facebook page. Dunno if we'll even bother cos it costs us like 50 grand to run a demo and we never sell any bikes.'

You can't make up this sort of shit.
Being in the automobile retail business for over 35-years, and having been a general sales manager for a third of that time...unfortunately, this crap happens. I can't speak for any other dealers anywhere else, but if a customer came onto my showroom, and wasn't greeted warmly and treated as a buyer (no matter their age, gender, race or "how they looked") within 2-minutes...the guys who were too busy or "talking to each other" would be talking to each other on the way out to their cars as they left the building looking for another job.

That's just me...but I'm a professional, and don't put up with lazy, arrogant salespeople costing me money.

Since it irked you enough to post here...I would suggest that you contact the dealers/managers at the dealerships you went to. Tell him/her what happened...in detail. Maybe they weren't there and don't know how their staff is behaving. They need to know! And, who knows...he/she might do something "special" for you to get you back in the building.

Now, if the description that some other guys have fits you...then I agree with the member that said there are some sales you don't need...they are 100% right. I have told more than a few potential customers that I didn't need their business. I'd rather lose their business than to lose money...
APLMAN99
3/20/2017 7:47am
These guys need to get a grip on reality. I always buy Yamaha (YZ125 and 450F currently) but have owned a KTM 250SX before. Given all...
These guys need to get a grip on reality. I always buy Yamaha (YZ125 and 450F currently) but have owned a KTM 250SX before. Given all the great feedback on the 2017 model, I decided to treat myself.

The bike was on the floor. I have cash. This is the second dealer that completely ignored me. The arrogance of KTM dealers in Australia is beyond belief. The ridiculous pricing compared to Japanese bikes is one thing, but the utter contempt for the customer is unacceptable. I would be glad to pay the money if one of the high and mighty "sales people" could be bothered to "serve" me.

Rockinar wrote:
Sounds like the dealers just hurt your fragile ego. If you really wanted the bike, you would have asked. But you felt like because you had...

Sounds like the dealers just hurt your fragile ego. If you really wanted the bike, you would have asked. But you felt like because you had cash in hand, that a red carpet should be rolled out and salesmen should spill out of a hole in the wall and start kissing you ass.

Maybe the salesmen were busy helping actual buyers who made contact with them? And you cash means nothing. They get cash in hand from financing too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

In your dreams, pal. I could have bought the dealership if I wanted it. Idiot.
I think this probably exposes the rant as a fake. This is part of a 17 dealership group, and even with some locations being duplicate because of mixed lines, it's obviously pretty large.

Generally, those that believe in the "I could buy this place" mantra have some real insecurities and have just begun making a large income without understanding the difference between income and wealth........

If you were a buyer, you'd have went to the service desk if need be and asked them to ring you up. If you were truly wanting to purchase and had cash in hand, there'd be no reason to even talk to a salesperson.
jj welks
3/20/2017 7:51am
He's not Barry bright apparantly
3/20/2017 7:55am
I've read through this whole thread. OP, at first I thought it was maybe just me, but you do come off as a bit of a "spoiled boy."

I also think you have a point. Someone should at least greet you and give you the standard, "If ya need me, just holler."

On the other hand, as others have noted - maybe they know you and don't want your business.

You lost a bit of credibility with me when you cracked open the "I could buy the dealership" comment. I have no reason to doubt you - perhaps you could. It's just the fact that for me, that comment gave me pause to think that you have an entitlement mentality and that if things don't go the way you think they should - your anger comes out real quick.

If you do get a new bike, be sure and check the sprocket bolts regularly.

rrjr
3/20/2017 7:57am
Skidaddle wrote:
Why didn't you just roll it out the door, load it up and leave? Once out the door, they won't touch you. Ask Home Depot or...
Why didn't you just roll it out the door, load it up and leave? Once out the door, they won't touch you. Ask Home Depot or Wal mart. They run out the door with power tools. They can't be touched past the door.

I'm pretty sure as long as you're on a snowmobile that chasing a shoplifter is allowed. Wink
rrjr
3/20/2017 8:01am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 8:15am
Skidaddle wrote:
Why didn't you just roll it out the door, load it up and leave? Once out the door, they won't touch you. Ask Home Depot or...
Why didn't you just roll it out the door, load it up and leave? Once out the door, they won't touch you. Ask Home Depot or Wal mart. They run out the door with power tools. They can't be touched past the door.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Is that how failed scam artist mortgage brokers make money these days?
Shocked
VxeR
3/20/2017 8:02am
Markee wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/20/182542/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Exactly. Apparently saying: "Hey I want to buy this bike" is too much work.
davistld01
3/20/2017 8:04am
After my above rant, I re-read the OP's posts and tend to agree with an above member that with the "I could buy the dealership" comment, he lost any credibility. The comes off as arrogant, elitist & sounds as if the OP has a sense of entitlement. It's like somebody coming onto the showroom and saying "Anybody wanna sell a car today?"...and watching 15-salesmen run away in all directions. Why? It's because 99% of those guys either don't buy...or can't buy anything at all.

Holigan
3/20/2017 8:09am
I texted Brian at Adventure Moto in McKinney Texas that I wanted at 250 SX. He shot me a great price and said it would be ready on Saturday. His wife Sean had the paperwork ready when I walked in at 11:30 am. Purchase took ten minutes. He had sold four bikes that morning. Some dealers understand how to run a business.

VxeR
3/20/2017 8:14am
Holigan wrote:
I texted Brian at Adventure Moto in McKinney Texas that I wanted at 250 SX. He shot me a great price and said it would be...
I texted Brian at Adventure Moto in McKinney Texas that I wanted at 250 SX. He shot me a great price and said it would be ready on Saturday. His wife Sean had the paperwork ready when I walked in at 11:30 am. Purchase took ten minutes. He had sold four bikes that morning. Some dealers understand how to run a business.

Well the difference is that you took the initiative and actually told the dealer you wanted the bike.
3/20/2017 8:31am
I've read through this whole thread. OP, at first I thought it was maybe just me, but you do come off as a bit of a...
I've read through this whole thread. OP, at first I thought it was maybe just me, but you do come off as a bit of a "spoiled boy."

I also think you have a point. Someone should at least greet you and give you the standard, "If ya need me, just holler."

On the other hand, as others have noted - maybe they know you and don't want your business.

You lost a bit of credibility with me when you cracked open the "I could buy the dealership" comment. I have no reason to doubt you - perhaps you could. It's just the fact that for me, that comment gave me pause to think that you have an entitlement mentality and that if things don't go the way you think they should - your anger comes out real quick.

Thanks for the reminder about the sprocket bolts. I was about to leave for the track and they were a little loose.
3/20/2017 8:35am
I've read through this whole thread. OP, at first I thought it was maybe just me, but you do come off as a bit of a...

Thanks for the reminder about the sprocket bolts. I was about to leave for the track and they were a little loose.
Welcome sir! Enjoy the ride!
peelout
3/20/2017 8:49am
15m bro?! i'd have started bench pressing one of the salesmen.

i had to wait over 16m to use the shitter at McD's the other day. i Oreo McFlurried the inside of that restroom bro.

Post a reply to: I just stood in my local KTM dealer for over 15m waiting to buy a 250SX and was completely snubbed. Ask me anything.

The Latest