I hope Reedy finds more sponsors

dv12.com
Fantasy
181st
12/17/2010 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:29pm
Bel Ray, Shift/Fox, Etnies, it doesn't look those companies could pay for a full race effort.

I would hate to see him pay out of his pocket to race...
|
SRP33
12/17/2010 6:10pm
where would he put the logos
can't promote if you can't see, no ROI for the sponsors
ogdeno
12/17/2010 6:11pm
If (when?) Chad gets good reults I'm sure there will be some companies willing to sign cheques.
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
12/17/2010 6:12pm
dv12.com wrote:
Bel Ray, Shift/Fox, Etnies, it doesn't look those companies could pay for a full race effort. I would hate to see him pay out of his...
Bel Ray, Shift/Fox, Etnies, it doesn't look those companies could pay for a full race effort.

Me too, he says he has enough for SX tho. That gives him 5 months to put something together for outdoors, With what he got together for the 1 race in OZ (Vodafone), I'm confident he will
12/17/2010 6:13pm
ogdeno wrote:
If (when?) Chad gets good reults I'm sure there will be some companies willing to sign cheques.
I agree. Chad is one of the best riders in the world, and i'm surprised major sponsors didnt jump at the chance to sponsor him.

The Shop

12/17/2010 6:19pm
Welcome JJones.44. Always good to see another Aussie posting here. As for Chad's sponsors (or lack thereof); perhaps it's more a reflection of economic uncertainties rather than of Chad's pulling power.
MX Culture
12/17/2010 6:19pm
shoulda taken the TLD deal imo...same bike, foundation already there.
bring more sponsors to the team..get a cut of the loot.
12/17/2010 6:22pm
Perhaps the sponsors he has are quality, not quantity. I would venture to guess he is making money on this current deal.
12/17/2010 6:26pm
Antipodean wrote:
Welcome JJones.44. Always good to see another Aussie posting here. As for Chad's sponsors (or lack thereof); perhaps it's more a reflection of economic uncertainties rather...
Welcome JJones.44. Always good to see another Aussie posting here. As for Chad's sponsors (or lack thereof); perhaps it's more a reflection of economic uncertainties rather than of Chad's pulling power.
i still dont see why he had to move away from moto sponsors like thor and scott? and wasnt he the face of sanitarium for the USA at one point? in reference to the economic uncertainties, wouldn't it be better for major teams such as American Honda, to put their money on a veteran of the sport such as reed, rather than rookies (nothing against trey canard, hes the man), and surely reed would be a safer bet than someone like Josh Grant? that guy has a flash of brilliance here and their, and then nails himself at X games or something and his seasons over
goonrider
12/17/2010 6:33pm
I would assume some sort of energy drink or water company will be knocking on his door by round 3.
12/17/2010 6:34pm
goonrider wrote:
I would assume some sort of energy drink or water company will be knocking on his door by round 3.
agreed
SH_105
12/17/2010 6:34pm
MX Culture wrote:
I think both sides may feel better the route they have gone... TLD still is a fairly new team and with a rider of Chads caliber that puts a lot of stress on everyone and everything. Also Chad likes to do things his way and there is nothing wrong with that either. (IE Gear and personal sponsors). This year is gonna be great for both the fans and the riders I think, gonna be a year for the ages!

holeshot100
12/17/2010 6:37pm
Reedy's going racing even if it is own his own dime! Reed's bad ass!
12/17/2010 6:43pm
Antipodean wrote:
Welcome JJones.44. Always good to see another Aussie posting here. As for Chad's sponsors (or lack thereof); perhaps it's more a reflection of economic uncertainties rather...
JJones.44 wrote:
i still dont see why he had to move away from moto sponsors like thor and scott? and wasnt he the face of sanitarium for the...
i still dont see why he had to move away from moto sponsors like thor and scott? and wasnt he the face of sanitarium for the USA at one point? in reference to the economic uncertainties, wouldn't it be better for major teams such as American Honda, to put their money on a veteran of the sport such as reed, rather than rookies (nothing against trey canard, hes the man), and surely reed would be a safer bet than someone like Josh Grant? that guy has a flash of brilliance here and their, and then nails himself at X games or something and his seasons over
It's difficult to disagree with your argument; however, perhaps Chad's own uncertainty about his future in the sport (i.e. SX/MX) has worked against him.
bearded clam
12/17/2010 6:44pm
dv12.com wrote:
Bel Ray, Shift/Fox, Etnies, it doesn't look those companies could pay for a full race effort. I would hate to see him pay out of his...

im thinking good on Chad...even if he has to pay some cash. That is truley giving something back! Thats heart, you only have a small window as a motocrosser and Chad says im racing. To bad CP might give up a year he will never get back over money...and its not like he was even going to have to pay anything, he just wasnt happy with the sallary if I am correct? That guy will be an old dude and wondering what could have been in the 2011 Supercross season...if indeed it was a money decesion and not physical.
Go Chad!
12/17/2010 6:45pm
Antipodean wrote:
JJones.44 wrote:
i still dont see why he had to move away from moto sponsors like thor and scott? and wasnt he the face of sanitarium for the...
Antipodean wrote:
It's difficult to disagree with your argument; however, perhaps Chad's own uncertainty about his future in the sport (i.e. SX/MX) has worked against him.
true, has he said if he is racing outdoors aswell?
Overdrive
12/17/2010 6:52pm
Yeah good for him, he put his money where his mouth is and showed the heart of a champion who still wants to win. That can't be said of another rider who can't seem to find his way to the races unless someone else is footing the bills. Chad has made a fan out of me because he talks the talk and walks the walk.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/17/2010 6:53pm
Sometimes you have the choice of sponsors. Sometimes you don't.
pt046
12/17/2010 6:54pm
Perhaps the sponsors he has are quality, not quantity. I would venture to guess he is making money on this current deal.
I agree, we are happy to be part of it. He has chosen quality products for his bike and has surrounded him with some good people and sponsors.
jndmx
12/17/2010 7:01pm
pt046 wrote:
I agree, we are happy to be part of it. He has chosen quality products for his bike and has surrounded him with some good people...
I agree, we are happy to be part of it. He has chosen quality products for his bike and has surrounded him with some good people and sponsors.
Totally agree.....

I think it is great to see Reed doing his own thing team wise, guys got a lot of heart.
Maybe it is worth a little money risk to him that he can do it his way?
MX Culture
12/17/2010 7:04pm
MX Culture wrote:
SH_105 wrote:
I think both sides may feel better the route they have gone... TLD still is a fairly new team and with a rider of Chads caliber...
I think both sides may feel better the route they have gone... TLD still is a fairly new team and with a rider of Chads caliber that puts a lot of stress on everyone and everything. Also Chad likes to do things his way and there is nothing wrong with that either. (IE Gear and personal sponsors). This year is gonna be great for both the fans and the riders I think, gonna be a year for the ages!

I hear what you're saying and understand it too.
I just see a ton of money being spent here and jumping on an existing team would have eliminated that.
Either way, I'm just stoked he's racing and will be one of the first guys to check out his new set-up on Friday before A1.
now, the question is, when is SH105 coming back?
DD
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
12/17/2010 7:08pm
i'm sure if jlaw racing could pull sponsors, chad will do just fine
SL91
12/17/2010 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2010 7:12pm
GuyB wrote:
Sometimes you have the choice of sponsors. Sometimes you don't.
There's some real insight Wink
12/17/2010 7:14pm
Stoop wrote:
i'm sure if jlaw racing could pull sponsors, chad will do just fine
does that team still exist??
mxrider225
Fantasy
2855th
12/17/2010 7:22pm
If he gets good results then he probably will get more sponsors.
mattmatt300
12/17/2010 7:24pm
it would make sense for someone like ARMA to hop on that train
rubarb
12/17/2010 7:28pm
ogdeno wrote:
JJones.44 wrote:
I agree. Chad is one of the best riders in the world, and i'm surprised major sponsors didnt jump at the chance to sponsor him.
jndmx
12/17/2010 7:36pm
rubarb wrote:
[img]http://www.vitalmx.com/images/photos/10005/normal_627279558_1210004552.jpg?1233193646[/img]
The crossover market would be huge.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3092nd
12/17/2010 8:39pm
Yeah, I expected to see a few more sponsors than what he had. However .. I do know oil companies swim in amounts of money that even the richest people couldn't dream of.

I don't know too much about Bel Ray's status or their history, so I can't really say.. But I'd guess they write pretty damn huge checks towards Reeds team. Like someone said before, if Lucas Oil has so much money laying around to sponsor all these series, I'd think Bel Ray would too.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
12/17/2010 9:32pm
rubarb wrote:
[img]http://www.vitalmx.com/images/photos/10005/normal_627279558_1210004552.jpg?1233193646[/img]
jndmx wrote:
The crossover market would be huge.
I am amazed no Alcoholic Beverage company has jumped on board with a MX/SX team in the AMA,

Bud were in there awhile back with Jermey i think ? (Im an Aussie history of AMA racing is sub par lol )

But i can not think of any team that had major backing from a alcoholic beverage sponsor.

KTM with jagermister mmm now with RedBull, If they both were on together that would have been the best pit to be around after races!

TWO TWO BEAM racing sounds alright to me.

The crowd numbers at the races over in the US of A and espicailly with bike fans who dont mind a drink it is something that i am suprised has not really happened on a big scale on a big team yet.

The factory Honda team in the land of Oz in the last few years has gone from

Woodstock Burbon Honda

to

Cougar Burbon Honda

and next year will be

Carlton Dry Honda (Carlton United produce Beer in Aus) Carlton Dry is one of their Beer Products and we will be seeing Blue and Yellow Hondas racing in Australia next year.

Hanson the first time he come out to Australia to race was aboard a Woodstock Honda, might have explained his results when he raced MX over here lol.

Certainly had it dialed on the Monster Kawi.

12/17/2010 10:22pm
Just a weird thought, but if Bel-Ray really wants to get back into moto, it would be better if Chad didn't get anymore sponsors and they made up the margin themselves. When Chad is flying off 10 sponsors in his podium speech, or other riders for that fact, everything seems watered down, at least to me. I am sure they can foot the whole bill and get way more ROI to make up for it Woohoo or not Unsure

Post a reply to: I hope Reedy finds more sponsors

The Latest