I hate my ankle

Torco1
4/25/2012 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 11:24pm
This is what happens when you break the tib, fib and talus twice within 3 months. It always looks like this, it never gets any smaller than this and now the bones in the joint are starting to get locked together when I move it certain ways. It hurts like hell.....I might have to join Ridge's club and just cut the damn thing off. This happened about 15 years ago and its still this swollen.

|
ocscottie
4/25/2012 5:06pm
I got one i dont use and you can have it!! Cool
Mutt
4/25/2012 5:09pm
Mine looks like that, except it's my right. Wouldn't go to Ridge's extreme, but I would consider fusion. Mine was fifteen years ago, mostly I've just learned to live with the pain.

Love to see people's expression when I move my foot and you can audibly hear my ankle grinding. If they're brave enough I let them put their hand on it so they can feel the popping of bone on bone.
slipdog
4/25/2012 5:14pm
Torco, you should get a BRO tat on that bad boy that says "moto for life" or "live to ride"

I'm at 13 yrs with both my heels/ankles and if they were still like that I might pull a "Ridge" also. Did you ever decide on what to do, fuse the joint or...???
slipdog
4/25/2012 5:17pm
Mutt wrote:
Mine looks like that, except it's my right. Wouldn't go to Ridge's extreme, but I would consider fusion. Mine was fifteen years ago, mostly I've just...
Mine looks like that, except it's my right. Wouldn't go to Ridge's extreme, but I would consider fusion. Mine was fifteen years ago, mostly I've just learned to live with the pain.

Love to see people's expression when I move my foot and you can audibly hear my ankle grinding. If they're brave enough I let them put their hand on it so they can feel the popping of bone on bone.
Hahaha, I do that to mess with people sometimes. If I rotate my ankles in a circle they crack and pop like bubble wrap!

The Shop

jimmie
4/25/2012 5:20pm
Feel for you bud.

My left ankle looks like that..........permanentlySad

But it still works, some what. And at times hurt like hell.

At least you (and I) are not in Ridges situation. Wink Not yet anyways.

Good luck, Torque.
jimmie
4/25/2012 5:21pm
ocscottie wrote:
I got one i dont use and you can have it!! Cool
Nice sense of humor, Scotty.
ocscottie
4/25/2012 5:27pm
slipdog wrote:
Hahaha, I do that to mess with people sometimes. If I rotate my ankles in a circle they crack and pop like bubble wrap!
I can do that with my spine Woohoo
slipdog
4/25/2012 5:34pm
slipdog wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
I can do that with my spine Woohoo
You got me beat man!Sick

LOL!
Mutt
4/25/2012 5:43pm
Well, while we're comparing ugly feet:

Right after it happened, wearing my Illizarov external fixator.

Here's what mine looks like 15 years later, keep in mind I've spent the majority of the day on the couch or it'd look worse.

Compound fractures of Tib/Fib in the same leg again, almost two years later to the day after hitting a tree.
slipdog
4/25/2012 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 5:50pm
Mutt wrote:
Well, while we're comparing ugly feet: Right after it happened, wearing my Illizarov external fixator. [IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/James_Frey/361b5ea5.jpg[/IMG] Here's what mine looks like 15 years later, keep in...

Here's what mine looks like 15 years later, keep in mind I've spent the majority of the day on the couch or it'd look worse.

Compound fractures of Tib/Fib in the same leg again, almost two years later to the day after hitting a tree.
Oh shit man, you're the first person I've ever seen with one of those on their ankle. I had one on each, no pictures though, and mobbed a wheelchair for 3.5 months!

I guess that makes me a one upper too...
Mutt
4/25/2012 5:55pm
I was only in a chair for about a week. Was standing on it in a month, walking on it within two months, with the fixator still on my leg. Even figured out how to drive with it on, about two weeks before it came off. Was so happy to wear pants again when the y took it off. Left the hospital, went and had a big steak dinner and then drive myself three hours home.

My Illizarov had a hinge, allegedly to help my Achilles and keep my Talus moving. According to my Orthopedist, was the first guy in the U.S. to have that setup! Works parts..........
jimmie
4/25/2012 5:56pm
Mutt wrote:
Well, while we're comparing ugly feet: Right after it happened, wearing my Illizarov external fixator. [IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/James_Frey/361b5ea5.jpg[/IMG] Here's what mine looks like 15 years later, keep in...

Crap, you said the "I" word...........Ilizarov external fixator!

5 freakin' months with that damn thing, only to have it removed, and another orthopedist re-break my mess and use internal fixation!

Dang, bad memories, right there.
Mutt
4/25/2012 6:06pm
"Only" spent four months in mine. About a week before it came off, I wheeled my RM down the driveway and bump started it. Was doing wheelies up and down the street when my neighbor came out, "you're not right"!

When the first Doc wanted to amputate it, first thing I wanted was another opinion. And I was going to keep getting opinions until I found one that didn't involve amputation.

I've got a Tibial nail in that leg also now. Doctors told me if I broke it again, they're not sure I they'll be able to fix it. Can't imagine what you went through having to wear it and only have it rebroken!
Jono
4/25/2012 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 6:23pm
Mutt wrote:

Are those bumps on your feet from broken bones?

Sorry for the personal question, I'm just interested if it's from breaks or something.
stackman17
4/25/2012 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 6:24pm
Photobucket

Three months no walking or weight. Pic in avatar was taken couple months later at Dallas SX. Ankle still swells, but I can still ride.
Mutt
4/25/2012 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 6:32pm
Jono wrote:
Are those bumps on your feet from broken bones?

Sorry for the personal question, I'm just interested if it's from breaks or something.
Nope, I was born with some ugly deformed feet! When I was in the military, they wanted to do surgery and "fix" them. Looked the Doc right in the eye and told him, "They don't bother me, don't let them bother you". Takes me awhile to break in shoes to make them comfortable. Never mind I wear a EE width already.
ridge
4/25/2012 7:02pm
Does this make me a one upper, upper? lol

Hey Slip! Don't worry Bro, I got your back...I've got pictures of your external fixators somewhere.
ridge
4/25/2012 7:06pm
Torco, you really should call me. I went through what you're going through and I can tell you that I am WAY better off after I had that boat anchor cut off. Ask Slip! No more Vicadin...and I was living off that stuff.
jimmie
4/25/2012 7:07pm
I guess we can stop whining now, Ridge is in the house!
ridge
4/25/2012 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 7:14pm
jimmie wrote:
Honestly, I must have done a pretty good job of blocking it all out. When I post those pics or talk about it...it's like I'm talking about somebody else. And, I don't post those so people feel sorry for me. I did it to myself. I'm pretty happy at what a cool life I've been able to have.

You know what is really weird? I cannot stand to see someone else get hurt anymore. I will not watch replays when somebody gets hurt.
EastFlorida
4/25/2012 7:17pm
There should be a warning of some type so unsuspecting members such as me don't open these types of threads!Sick
jimmie
4/25/2012 7:27pm
jimmie wrote:
ridge wrote:
Honestly, I must have done a pretty good job of blocking it all out. When I post those pics or talk about it...it's like I'm talking...
Honestly, I must have done a pretty good job of blocking it all out. When I post those pics or talk about it...it's like I'm talking about somebody else. And, I don't post those so people feel sorry for me. I did it to myself. I'm pretty happy at what a cool life I've been able to have.

You know what is really weird? I cannot stand to see someone else get hurt anymore. I will not watch replays when somebody gets hurt.
That is awesome.

Good for you.

I didn't mean anything other than, your situation is the epitome of our misfortunes. (ankle/leg injuries)

I guess we all adapt to the cards that we are dealt with.

All you guys, who have posted here on this thread are awesome, good luck to all of you.
slipdog
4/25/2012 7:32pm
jimmie wrote:
ridge wrote:
Honestly, I must have done a pretty good job of blocking it all out. When I post those pics or talk about it...it's like I'm talking...

Ridge, you're a man among boys in this threadTongue

Can I use your souvenier in the last picture for my Halloween party next year???
jasonv43
4/25/2012 7:40pm
I got nothing on you guys. Nothing.

All of those pics should be used in the "This is Motocross" ads.
EastFlorida
4/25/2012 7:42pm
jasonv43 wrote:

Do that and you'll see very few kids riding!BlinkSad
Jono
4/25/2012 7:58pm
Mutt wrote:
Nope, I was born with some ugly deformed feet! When I was in the military, they wanted to do surgery and "fix" them. Looked the Doc...
Nope, I was born with some ugly deformed feet! When I was in the military, they wanted to do surgery and "fix" them. Looked the Doc right in the eye and told him, "They don't bother me, don't let them bother you". Takes me awhile to break in shoes to make them comfortable. Never mind I wear a EE width already.
Ah alright, if it aint broke, don't fix it!
jasonv43
4/25/2012 8:03pm
jasonv43 wrote:

True but I don't think you should just show them a picture of RV holding up a million dollars either.
EastFlorida
4/25/2012 8:09pm
jasonv43 wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:
True but I don't think you should just show them a picture of RV holding up a million dollars either.
I don't see too many Pop Warner football adds showing injuries, or any soccer, baseball, tennis, etc.... Yeah, it might be "cool" for a teenager saying he participates in a tough sport, but it wouldn't bode well with a young child trying to convince a skeptical parent to get him a dirt bike...
JCRF217
4/25/2012 8:10pm
I hate your ankle too, it is really ugly and smells bad from here.
jasonv43
4/25/2012 8:16pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I don't see too many Pop Warner football adds showing injuries, or any soccer, baseball, tennis, etc.... Yeah, it might be "cool" for a teenager saying...
I don't see too many Pop Warner football adds showing injuries, or any soccer, baseball, tennis, etc.... Yeah, it might be "cool" for a teenager saying he participates in a tough sport, but it wouldn't bode well with a young child trying to convince a skeptical parent to get him a dirt bike...
Very true.

Post a reply to: I hate my ankle

The Latest